2019 Women’s US Open - Who’s going?

StackMan1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not be going due to a golf trip at Arcadia Bluffs during the event. However, I had the pleasure of playing at The Country Club of Charleston Thursday. This should be a good venue for the event, both players and spectators. The course is in great shape and the greens were absolutely perfect and getting slick. I was a little surprised how generous they are going to leave the fairway width, although the Head Pro said the USGA was going to have the rough at 2-4" by tournament start. The greens have some really wild surfaces and places to tuck pins that will be difficult to get approaches close. If you can get tickets I think it is a great place to visit a major event.

> @fanofseri said:

> My Ford Fusion could easily make the 2,500 mile trip to Charleston, but I will wait until the 2021 Open at Olympic. This year should be a fantastic venue and tournament.

They expect more than 100,000 spectators; chances are they'll surpass 2015 in Lancaster.

It's the first time a US Open or US Women's Open is held at a Seth Rayor course. It's right in Jennifer Song's bailiwick.

It's fairly long, 6,732 yards; so it won't be a surprise if Terminator dusts the field.

our Yuka Saso won low qualifier and low amateur qualifier...she got 2 medals!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

• 3 weeks later...

I’m 4 hours away. But don’t think I’ll make it. Going to be silly hot there this week. Mid 90s . Very high humidity. Part of me wants to go but I’ve got work to get done to leave time to prepare for my own tournament stretch next month. But a great course and I’ll be watching on TV. I’d love to see other USga events come here.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> I’m 4 hours away. But don’t think I’ll make it. Going to be silly hot there this week. Mid 90s . Very high humidity. Part of me wants to go but I’ve got work to get done to leave time to prepare for my own tournament stretch next month. But a great course and I’ll be watching on TV. I’d love to see other USga events come here.

I’ve gathered from your other posts that you must be an upstate SC man. Can’t be far from me as I’m 3.5 hours from Charleston.

> @StackMan1 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I’m 4 hours away. But don’t think I’ll make it. Going to be silly hot there this week. Mid 90s . Very high humidity. Part of me wants to go but I’ve got work to get done to leave time to prepare for my own tournament stretch next month. But a great course and I’ll be watching on TV. I’d love to see other USga events come here.

>

> I’ve gathered from your other posts that you must be an upstate SC man. Can’t be far from me as I’m 3.5 hours from Charleston.

> @StackMan1 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > I’m 4 hours away. But don’t think I’ll make it. Going to be silly hot there this week. Mid 90s . Very high humidity. Part of me wants to go but I’ve got work to get done to leave time to prepare for my own tournament stretch next month. But a great course and I’ll be watching on TV. I’d love to see other USga events come here.

>

> I’ve gathered from your other posts that you must be an upstate SC man. Can’t be far from me as I’m 3.5 hours from Charleston.

Yep. I’m just north of Inman , in Gramling , which both are 20 min north of spartanburg. I’m right off I26.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @18majors said:

> > @fanofseri said:

> > My Ford Fusion could easily make the 2,500 mile trip to Charleston, but I will wait until the 2021 Open at Olympic. This year should be a fantastic venue and tournament.

>

> They expect more than 100,000 spectators; chances are they'll surpass 2015 in Lancaster.

> It's the first time a US Open or US Women's Open is held at a Seth Rayor course. It's right in Jennifer Song's bailiwick.

> It's fairly long, 6,732 yards; so it won't be a surprise if Terminator dusts the field.

When I checked online to possibly volunteer back in mid February the website said they already had over 700 volunteers. That seemed like a lot to me but since they were still taking applications I figured they were expecting large galleries. We will see by Sunday afternoon but I doubt they will get close to 100,000. Even without the oppressive heat index that will surely test the meddle of old codgers and youngsters alike, I don't think they will get 100K. Maybe Whan being the great promoter he is can convince Boeing to shut down production and provide their employees with free tickets. That might put them over the top. Does anyone know how many spectators Gamecock football games or the PGA tour at Hilton Head draws?

> @Stooch said:

> Well if you can't make it to the event this is a great week for it. USGA does give you good coverage of the events. 5 hours of daily coverage and a feature group online for the early waves.

The featured group on usga.com is 5 hours in the afternoon concurrently with the main broadcast.

usga.com will have two extra hours of early coverage on both Thursday and Friday.

The idle window is 12:30 - 2:30 PM EDT; lunch break for the crew.

I always enjoy reading Ron Sirak:

"There are almost too many contenders this year to mention. Among the top-five in either or all of the top categories – Race to the CME Globe points, Money List, Vare Trophy, Rolex Player of the Year and Top-10 finishes – are Jin Young Ko, Minjee Lee, Eun-Hee Ji, Nelly Korda, Brooke Henderson Hyo-Joo Kim and Danielle Kang. Leading for Rolex Rookie of the Year is Jeongeun Lee6 chased by Kristen Gillman."

[https://lpga.com/news/2019-sirak-us-womens-open-major-number-two-up-for-grabs](https://www.lpga.com/news/2019-sirak-us-womens-open-major-number-two-up-for-grabs "https://lpga.com/news/2019-sirak-us-womens-open-major-number-two-up-for-grabs")

> @18majors said:

> > @Stooch said:

> > Well if you can't make it to the event this is a great week for it. USGA does give you good coverage of the events. 5 hours of daily coverage and a feature group online for the early waves.

>

> The featured group on usga.com is 5 hours in the afternoon concurrently with the main broadcast.

> usga.com will have two extra hours of early coverage on both Thursday and Friday.

> The idle window is 12:30 - 2:30 PM EDT; lunch break for the crew.

Will be interesting to see who the featured group on Thursday will be since almost all the favorites are in the other half of the draw.