So really...re: divots...

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > Nearly all "hazards" (hazards don't exist in the Rules any more) are man-made, or man-modified.

> > >

> > > Not even close. Thousands of courses have natural hazards.

> >

> > And tens of thousands of courses have man-made hazards. In fact, I believe that all bunkers are man-made or at least man-modified. Taking into account that there are more bunkers than water hazards the majority of hazards must be man-made or man-modified. Also tens of thousands golf courses have hundreds of thousands of water hazards that are man-made or man-modified. I would estimate that more than 98% of all those that used to be called hazards are man-made or at least man-modified, depending how one wishes to calculate. So 98/100 in my eyes qualify as 'nearly all'.

> Stupid post. Bunkers are not hazards.

>

Stupid? Up until the recent moment when nothing at all was still a hazard, bunkers were indeed defined as hazards.

> @Roadking2003 said:

> > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > Nearly all "hazards" (hazards don't exist in the Rules any more) are man-made, or man-modified.

> > >

> > > Not even close. Thousands of courses have natural hazards.

> >

> > And tens of thousands of courses have man-made hazards. In fact, I believe that all bunkers are man-made or at least man-modified. Taking into account that there are more bunkers than water hazards the majority of hazards must be man-made or man-modified. Also tens of thousands golf courses have hundreds of thousands of water hazards that are man-made or man-modified. I would estimate that more than 98% of all those that used to be called hazards are man-made or at least man-modified, depending how one wishes to calculate. So 98/100 in my eyes qualify as 'nearly all'.

> Stupid post. Bunkers are not hazards.

>

Oh my... and divots are man-made... made in China.

Ever had your IQ measured?

> @Sawgrass said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > > Nearly all "hazards" (hazards don't exist in the Rules any more) are man-made, or man-modified.

> > > >

> > > > Not even close. Thousands of courses have natural hazards.

> > >

> > > And tens of thousands of courses have man-made hazards. In fact, I believe that all bunkers are man-made or at least man-modified. Taking into account that there are more bunkers than water hazards the majority of hazards must be man-made or man-modified. Also tens of thousands golf courses have hundreds of thousands of water hazards that are man-made or man-modified. I would estimate that more than 98% of all those that used to be called hazards are man-made or at least man-modified, depending how one wishes to calculate. So 98/100 in my eyes qualify as 'nearly all'.

> > Stupid post. Bunkers are not hazards.

> >

> Stupid? Up until the recent moment when nothing at all was still a hazard, bunkers were indeed defined as hazards.

>

huh???

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Sawgrass said:

> > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > > > Nearly all "hazards" (hazards don't exist in the Rules any more) are man-made, or man-modified.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not even close. Thousands of courses have natural hazards.

> > > >

> > > > And tens of thousands of courses have man-made hazards. In fact, I believe that all bunkers are man-made or at least man-modified. Taking into account that there are more bunkers than water hazards the majority of hazards must be man-made or man-modified. Also tens of thousands golf courses have hundreds of thousands of water hazards that are man-made or man-modified. I would estimate that more than 98% of all those that used to be called hazards are man-made or at least man-modified, depending how one wishes to calculate. So 98/100 in my eyes qualify as 'nearly all'.

> > > Stupid post. Bunkers are not hazards.

> > >

> > Stupid? Up until the recent moment when nothing at all was still a hazard, bunkers were indeed defined as hazards.

> >

>

> huh???

C'mon. If you want to be in the Rules forum don't be a troll.

What Sawgrass said.... You do understand that there are no longer "hazards" on the course? That is not what they are called.

When there were "hazards" on the course bunkers were considered hazards.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Sawgrass said:

> > > > @"Mr. Bean" said:

> > > > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > > > @rogolf said:

> > > > > > Nearly all "hazards" (hazards don't exist in the Rules any more) are man-made, or man-modified.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not even close. Thousands of courses have natural hazards.

> > > >

> > > > And tens of thousands of courses have man-made hazards. In fact, I believe that all bunkers are man-made or at least man-modified. Taking into account that there are more bunkers than water hazards the majority of hazards must be man-made or man-modified. Also tens of thousands golf courses have hundreds of thousands of water hazards that are man-made or man-modified. I would estimate that more than 98% of all those that used to be called hazards are man-made or at least man-modified, depending how one wishes to calculate. So 98/100 in my eyes qualify as 'nearly all'.

> > > Stupid post. Bunkers are not hazards.

> > >

> > Stupid? Up until the recent moment when nothing at all was still a hazard, bunkers were indeed defined as hazards.

> >

>

> huh???

Oh, Mikey.

Honestly I don't know why people think the taking of divots, and the divot holes themselves, are NOT a normal part of a golf course. Folks are hung up on that, but there's no historical evidence to support that they've ever been classified differently. What they are in the regular world is irrelevant, how they are treated within the definitions of the game are what counts.

They appear on every course on the globe. They appear through the normal course of playing a ball towards the hole. They are predictable by-product of swinging a club through the ball. I don't know what about them makes them unnatural or abnormal on a golf course.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> I wouldn't be surprised if you naysayers are the first ones to use a foot wedge when your ball ends up in a divot.

Ah, projection . . . why are we surprised. Somehow, we knew it all along.

Knowledge of the Rules is part of the applied skill set which a player must use to play competitive golf.

> @KyGolf said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I wouldn't be surprised if you naysayers are the first ones to use a foot wedge when your ball ends up in a divot.

>

> Excuse me, but aren't you the one that told the guy that lost a ball down a rabbit hole to just drop a ball when nobody was looking?

Aren't you the one who doesn't know the definition of sarcasm?

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @KyGolf said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I wouldn't be surprised if you naysayers are the first ones to use a foot wedge when your ball ends up in a divot.

> >

> > Excuse me, but aren't you the one that told the guy that lost a ball down a rabbit hole to just drop a ball when nobody was looking?

>

> Aren't you the one who doesn't know the definition of sarcasm?

Sarcasm? In what way does your comment mean the opposite of what it says?

> @"Colin L" said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > > @KyGolf said:

> > > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > > I wouldn't be surprised if you naysayers are the first ones to use a foot wedge when your ball ends up in a divot.

> > >

> > > Excuse me, but aren't you the one that told the guy that lost a ball down a rabbit hole to just drop a ball when nobody was looking?

> >

> > Aren't you the one who doesn't know the definition of sarcasm?

>

> Sarcasm? In what way does your comment mean the opposite of what it says?

Let it go. Mikey has no idea what sarcasm means. No surprise, I guess.

Well it happened again, hit a ball dead center of fairway off the tee at about 250 yards, coming to rest in a divot. It wasn't near as bad as the one in the pictures I posted earlier, but none the less, it was deep enough where I couldn't make decent contact. I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often. It cost me a bogey on the hole as I missed the green because of it. As I was approaching the tee shot and noticed it was in a divot, all three playing partners, who I don't know, out of their own volition said that there should definitely be a rule for a free drop out of a divot. Most everybody I talk to while playing or encountering, say the same thing. In fact it seems to be a hands-down majority who think the same as I about relief from a divot. I'm beginning to think that it's just a few anti relief characters in a golf forum who think differently, probably to act like big shots, like they play by all the rules all the time and they want everybody to know it. You naysayers are definitely a small minority and not the majority I encounter everyday. So keep up your crowing like blue noses because the majority of golfers out there, and I mean a high majority, would vote for relief from a divot!

> @Mikey5e said:

> I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often.divot!

I am surprised, as you seem to encounter them so often.

As it happens I took a poll of my 26 player rollup on Monday. Only 2 expressed any interest in changing the rule and they both said they really weren't that bothered.

• Like 1

> @Newby said:

> > @Mikey5e said:

> > I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often.divot!

>

> I am surprised, as you seem to encounter them so often.

> As it happens I took a poll of my 26 player rollup on Monday. Only 2 expressed any interest in changing the rule and they both said they really weren't that bothered.

I think that's a bogus poll, I frankly don't believe you because I encounter the exact opposite. I am not going to post my informative comments in this thread anymore, I am going to move on. Keep trying to convince the world that a free drop is a bad decision from a divot, I don't think many believe you.

Found my first divot in a long time. Bombed drive that over-drew into the rough, a bit of a flyer out of the rough with a wedge, landed just short of the pin but still rolled out and ended up on the fringe...in a damn divot. Who takes a damn divot from the fringe on the backside of a green?

I griped and moaned like a mad man, hit down on it with a putter, popped out and ended up 2 feet away for an easy par :D

> @Mikey5e said:

> Well it happened again, hit a ball dead center of fairway off the tee at about 250 yards, coming to rest in a divot. It wasn't near as bad as the one in the pictures I posted earlier, but none the less, it was deep enough where I couldn't make decent contact. I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often. It cost me a bogey on the hole as I missed the green because of it. As I was approaching the tee shot and noticed it was in a divot, all three playing partners, who I don't know, out of their own volition said that there should definitely be a rule for a free drop out of a divot. Most everybody I talk to while playing or encountering, say the same thing. In fact it seems to be a hands-down majority who think the same as I about relief from a divot. I'm beginning to think that it's just a few anti relief characters in a golf forum who think differently, probably to act like big shots, like they play by all the rules all the time and they want everybody to know it. You naysayers are definitely a small minority and not the majority I encounter everyday. So keep up your crowing like blue noses because the majority of golfers out there, and I mean a high majority, would vote for relief from a divot!

Cool story. I wish it was true, but then again it wouldn't make me care any more or less about it.

• Like 1

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

> @Mikey5e said:

> Well it happened again, hit a ball dead center of fairway off the tee at about 250 yards, coming to rest in a divot. It wasn't near as bad as the one in the pictures I posted earlier, but none the less, it was deep enough where I couldn't make decent contact. I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often. It cost me a bogey on the hole as I missed the green because of it. As I was approaching the tee shot and noticed it was in a divot, all three playing partners, who I don't know, out of their own volition said that there should definitely be a rule for a free drop out of a divot. Most everybody I talk to while playing or encountering, say the same thing. In fact it seems to be a hands-down majority who think the same as I about relief from a divot. I'm beginning to think that it's just a few anti relief characters in a golf forum who think differently, probably to act like big shots, like they play by all the rules all the time and they want everybody to know it. You naysayers are definitely a small minority and not the majority I encounter everyday. So keep up your crowing like blue noses because the majority of golfers out there, and I mean a high majority, would vote for relief from a divot!

Just roll it out of the divot like the rest of the weekend cheats

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Newby said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often.divot!

> >

> > I am surprised, as you seem to encounter them so often.

> > As it happens I took a poll of my 26 player rollup on Monday. Only 2 expressed any interest in changing the rule and they both said they really weren't that bothered.

>

> I think that's a bogus poll, I frankly don't believe you because I encounter the exact opposite. I am not going to post my informative comments in this thread anymore, I am going to move on. Keep trying to convince the world that a free drop is a bad decision from a divot, I don't think many believe you.

You would be surprised then just how many would prefer to play by the actual rules of the game they play. Every game played has rules with lines that are arbitrarily drawn. Those that wish to play the game play by the rules. Those that wish to knock the ball around on the weekend can play their bastardized rules all they wish.

Have fun Mikey whatever game you choose.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Newby said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> > > I guess my skill level is such that I sometimes have a problem out of a divot, but I can't say I practice the shot very often.divot!

> >

> > As it happens I took a poll of my 26 player rollup on Monday. Only 2 expressed any interest in changing the rule and they both said they really weren't that bothered.

>

> I think that's a bogus poll, I frankly don't believe you because I encounter the exact opposite. I am not going to post my informative comments in this thread anymore, I am going to move on. Keep trying to convince the world that a free drop is a bad decision from a divot, I don't think many believe you.

I will just have to find a way to live without your “informative” comments.

And it must be so irritating for you to realize that the USGA and R&A are unimpressed with your thinking!

> @Mikey5e said:

> > @Newby said:

> > > @Mikey5e said:

> >

>

> I think that's a bogus poll, I frankly don't believe you because I encounter the exact opposite. I am not going to post my informative comments in this thread anymore, I am going to move on.

Promises, promises...

(informative comments..? when?)