2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

TBH...if you really are shooting 85's and hitting an "occasional" cut/slice....well, I have some bad news for you - you have a club that is made for players worse than you! masybe that's good news???

See if you can "trade" (by that, I mean trade-in or a sell/buy transaction) for a L4V F. I promise you...you will NOT be disappointed.

I understand that SOME of us don't have the money to play with that others do (I include myself in the < group), but I think to M-speed is too closed for your swing - based upon you saying you need to open the face on the backswing.

The F-speed isn't as closed or offset...and I think you'll be able to swing freely without thinking about the back/forward swing.

Now.....if I could only find a shaft I love....... :black eye:

I jumped on the Koolaid bandwagon a month back when my L4V F 9.0 with stock redboard arrived from the US. Its a demo club so i'm wondering if its comparable / better / worse than a used club?? previously had the Speed LD F which i was enjoying immensely but after going thru the 80 pages of pearls of wisdom on the L4V could not help but order one.

We dont have the benefit of a launch monitor in Pakistan to fine tune the optimal shaft (also limited makes of used shafts are available here) so i was wondering if someone can help id a cost effective shaft for me. All i got measured was my ss which is 105. i would have opted for the L4V X but my natural drive is a fade to a slice; hence the F.

Have read a lot about tipping the shaft but won't it have the same results if i choke down on the grip?? i am normally getting 275 - 300 yardage with a normal swing but reach 325 - 350 if i really crank it. trajectory is a trifle high for my liking.

Thanx again Robopti for showing us the right path!!!!

I'm about to give up. I have hit my L4v w/the Creation and a V2. I do have a Limey (UL640) I could try but it is only 50 something and it may not hold up under the weight of the head.

Anyone play an NVS in theirs?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Brutal the back of the crown of my L4V has 4 huge cracks in it and now it has to go back to cobra. I feel like the body of composite drivers always break.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ Aldila Rouge White 130 TX

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST LINQ Blue 8F5

Ping iCrossover 2 w/ LINQ White 100F5

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW w/ C-Taper 130X

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ UST Wedge Proto F5

L.A.B. DF3 Broomstick

I'm about to give up. I have hit my L4v w/the Creation and a V2. I do have a Limey (UL640) I could try but it is only 50 something and it may not hold up under the weight of the head.

Not all of us swing the club over 100 mph. I would advise if your swing is ~ 90 mph (like me) the stock Mitsubishi Rayon Redboard in R Flex works well. If it's ~ 100 mph the stock stiff should work. Put the stock back in it and give it a try.

I had an NVS in an older Cobra M Speed that worked well, but honestly the stock Mistubishi Rayon Redboard is just as good if not better IMO.

Not all of us swing the club over 100 mph. I would advise if your swing is ~ 90 mph (like me) the stock Mitsubishi Rayon Redboard in R Flex works well. If it's ~ 100 mph the stock stiff should work. Put the stock back in it and give it a try.

I had an NVS in an older Cobra M Speed that worked well, but honestly the stock Mistubishi Rayon Redboard is just as good if not better IMO.

I'm in this boat. I'm actually looking for a stock R flex Cobra Redboard to try out in place of my stiff. I hit it rather well but feel is not there. And distance has suffered a bit.

For you fellow wimpy swingers like me , I just put a new Pink NV Aldila 55 regular flex in my driver,she is drying now.Will give report on it Wednesday after driving range tryout.

This is not KOOLAID but we will just call it PINK LEMONADE!

rolllaughing.gifrolllaughing.gifrolllaughing.gif ... PINK LEMONADE - I LOVE IT !!!

Hey - For what's worth - I have a L4Vx with a PINK NV85X - So you do have company ;)

Gang ... I have been pounding thru PMs the last few days and catching up & reading the thread ... Taking my L4Vx/BB83X out against my L5 again later today .... Time for another battle

I'm getting back to everyone - surely but slowly robo-pheus.gif

A colleague bought a 10' L4V F at the same time as me - we couldn't understand his flightscope measured launch angle of 20'-22'. He took it to his local clubfitter yesterday will a selection of shafts to have fitted. Clubfitter measured his 10' loft head at 14' - goes a long way to explain why he hits this 10' higher and shorter than his 12' Rapture. Cobra QC is awful on these heads.

I'm still persevering with my Graf Pro Launch Blue - my launch angle seems about right, but i'm definitely down on yards over my Titleist 907D2.

Didn't get 10 deg measured, but looking at club from address it looks as lofted as my 3 wood. I wonder if mine falls under the same category of your colleague, or if this is an illusion due to the deeper face. Holding the head up and comparing from all angles makes it look like my 10 deg is closer to a 14 as well.

I just picked up one of these (L4V X) used for a nice price. The club is in rough condition, but I just noticed there was a small crack (1/4 inch or less) on the crown twords the toe of the club. Could this effect the performance of the club in any way?

Hmmmm ... MAYBE .... Keep on eye on it and see if the crack grows ... If it stays intact - you should be OK :yes:

I picked it up with a Creation installed. The Creation was too much for me. I put in the V2 but it doesn't do much for me. I do not have the stock shaft to install. If I get the Callaway Ft9 dialed in I'll likely just let the L4V go but part of me wants to find the combo that makes this head so great as I need all the forgiveness I can get.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Here is an update on the Pink Lemonade.

After a few range sessions and 3 18 hole rounds I have found my shaft for the L4V F head.

If you all remember I put a Aldila Pink NV 55 shaft in a few weeks ago. It is 44.5 inches at a D3-4 swing weight, regular flex , midsize Tour Velvet grip.

I have been getting about 215-230 yards distance wise and accuracy is great.So for you mortal swing speeds I would recommend trying this setup especially if you can pull and reshaft your own clubs .

I got the Aldila NV55 Pink regular flex shaft off ebay at the Aldila store for 25.00 shipped, you can't beat that price.

got a L4Vx and put a Protopype in it. its long. got it at 44.5 inched to make it D4-D5. Tipped it an inch to get it back to stiff or a little stiffer due to head weight.

problem......shaft makes cracking noise when torqued. i hear it at the top of my back swing and at the ball at times.

had it re-glued.....still maked the noise.

Called aldila....told me to send in the whole clud and they will check out the shaft. will replace it if need be.

Anyone else had this problem????? what do you think about sending it to aldila?????

Im sure Robo has some thoughts to help

got a L4Vx and put a Protopype in it. its long. got it at 44.5 inched to make it D4-D5. Tipped it an inch to get it back to stiff or a little stiffer due to head weight.

problem......shaft makes cracking noise when torqued. i hear it at the top of my back swing and at the ball at times.

had it re-glued.....still maked the noise.

Called aldila....told me to send in the whole clud and they will check out the shaft. will replace it if need be.

Anyone else had this problem????? what do you think about sending it to aldila?????

Im sure Robo has some thoughts to help

Was your Pype a pullout when you installed it .... If you are hearing it during your swing (which I have had happen over the years) - It is usually bcuz the shaft has lost integrity .... Like a cooked tip when it was pulled - I've seen it happen - The shaft is physically twisting

It's possible

I took the XPP8/L4 this weekend .... Still packin SERIOUS heat !!!!!!!!!!!

no..it wasnt pulled. its was brand new.

Robo...what do u think about sending it aldila and letting them check it out??

Hmmmm ... It's not a piece of glue that has broken loose in the shaft possibly - It has the same sound sometimes

I have NEVER had a bad experience with the Aldila crew - They are GREAT people - I 100% believe in their customer service ....

Robo and other experienced folks, I NEED HELP. I bought a L4V X 9 degree in stiff with the stock redboard and hit it very straight, just 20 yards right and with high amounts of spin. So, I am going to get a L4V F in a 9 or 10 degree, then switch out shafts. Here is where I am stuck. Should I get a 10 degree with a whiteboard, or a 9 degree with a blueboard. Next, do I get stiff or x and should I tip it? My SS is 107, average tempo. Spin was around 3800, launch angle was 13-14 degrees on the 9 degree X head. I was leaning towards a 10 degree with a WB, getting an x flex and not tipping it. That should play a little stiffer than stiff because of the head weight, right? I play the Prov1 and Prov1-X balls and my miss is a bad block right if any of that matters.

Robo and other experienced folks, I NEED HELP. I bought a L4V X 9 degree in stiff with the stock redboard and hit it very straight, just 20 yards right and with high amounts of spin. So, I am going to get a L4V F in a 9 or 10 degree, then switch out shafts. Here is where I am stuck. Should I get a 10 degree with a whiteboard, or a 9 degree with a blueboard. Next, do I get stiff or x and should I tip it? My SS is 107, average tempo. Spin was around 3800, launch angle was 13-14 degrees on the 9 degree X head. I was leaning towards a 10 degree with a WB, getting an x flex and not tipping it. That should play a little stiffer than stiff because of the head weight, right? I play the Prov1 and Prov1-X balls and my miss is a bad block right if any of that matters.

TRUST ME !!!!!!!!

9* X head / Blueboard !!!!!!!!!

That WB will knock TOO MUCH spin off with too much launch angle with that 10* head. A LOT of peeps found that same thing with WB and L4 - It will drop out of the sky on you

NOTE - Even Holmes has been adding launch & spin with his shaft changes with L4 - and we have seen the BEATDOWN he puts on a golfball ;)

..... You know the 9015 & FT-9 guys just cringe when this thread pops up :lol:

Back out of retirement.............

Yep I put the X with the VS Proto 80-S at 44" back in the bag.

I never could hit it. It always went right at the 200+ marker. ( I always figured it was my swing and the folks at Cobra agreed that i just needed the smaller head to turn over)

BUT I'm having such a hard time getting my S9-1 9.5 degree up in the air and it has basically no spin that I thought I'd try the L4 again.

BOOM.....It is going wayy out there and of course is spinning more so I can control it.

It does go right occasionally and I attribute that to me not turning over that big head on the way through the ball. (I still like the HS9 and S9-1 head shape)

But it is now in the bag till I figure out how to get my S9 up in the air.

Glad I didn't get rid of this club!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUST ME !!!!!!!!

9* X head / Blueboard !!!!!!!!!

That WB will knock TOO MUCH spin off with too much launch angle with that 10* head. A LOT of peeps found that same thing with WB and L4 - It will drop out of the sky on you

NOTE - Even Holmes has been adding launch & spin with his shaft changes with L4 - and we have seen the BEATDOWN he puts on a golfball ;)

..... You know the 9015 & FT-9 guys just cringe when this thread pops up :lol:

ROBO-

So, I should not get an F head even though I am hitting it right???? It is not cutting, just like the face is open a tad. What flex shaft on the blueboard? X or S?