2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Since everybody says the stock Diamana Red is too soft and spins too much. What if you cut a 1/2 inch or 3/4 of an inch off the shaft? This would make the shaft more stiff, but how would it effect spin?

If it lowers spin, maybe its not a bad idea to have a driver that is 1/2 shorter and be able to keep the stock shaft.

Since everybody says the stock Diamana Red is too soft and spins too much. What if you cut a 1/2 inch or 3/4 of an inch off the shaft? This would make the shaft more stiff, but how would it effect spin?

If it lowers spin, maybe its not a bad idea to have a driver that is 1/2 shorter and be able to keep the stock shaft.

Butt trimming will not change flex that much. If you pull the shaft and tip trim a 1/2 in. or inch it would definately play truer to flex. I have said this before, but the Parallel tip section in the stock shaft is 4" and Cobra does not tip trim at all. If anyone is getting one of these order it at 46 inches or even 47" (if that is possible?) and give yourself room to tip trim as neccessary.

Butt trimming will not change flex that much. If you pull the shaft and tip trim a 1/2 in. or inch it would definately play truer to flex. I have said this before, but the Parallel tip section in the stock shaft is 4" and Cobra does not tip trim at all. If anyone is getting one of these order it at 46 inches or even 47" (if that is possible?) and give yourself room to tip trim as neccessary.

I ordered mine at 46" to be able to trim the SC65 shaft. Have not trimmed it yet though.

I ordered mine at 46" to be able to trim the SC65 shaft. Have not trimmed it yet though.

Is it playing stiff enough for you and how is the spin?

This is a great club.

Any suggestions for a different, not break the wallet shaft?

Average swing speed of 98mph.

My trajectory is a bit high, about 15degrees

Total distance is about 280.

Thanks

if you're getting 280 out of a 98mph SS, man, stick with what you have. . . you're beyond optimized.

I agree, whoever is getting 280 total yards out of a 98 MPH SS... Just Be Happy and stick with what you have.

If they can't make money off it, they don't like talking about it. Which ironically is why they love TaylorMade so much, they come out with new clubs by the QTR, there's gonna be a "Tour only" version some idiot will pay $2000 for. Nothing more than a bunch of used car salesmen.

On topic: Went to go check out the L4V, didn't have any X's.

It's locked. Said the head was too heavy (208g) for testing and a few people challanged their reasoning/thinking behind forgoing the testing and they locked the thread. Definitely makes you wonder :)

Well, based on the time of my post and your post, I guess about 3 hours! Their business model probably doesn't hold up well when their koolaid spoils.

It's locked. Said the head was too heavy (208g) for testing and a few people challanged their reasoning/thinking behind forgoing the testing and they locked the thread. Definitely makes you wonder :)

Be ready for a "BEHOLD" moment to create a distraction. They know full well that the internet attention span is short and a few well placed pictures of his new Lambo will make people forget all about the L4V.

I wonder why I can't get into the "other" site. You can't even browse as a guest?!? Now that sucks. I guess once you post here more than once you get flagged, or something? I just wanted to see who's paying $2000 for Tour Issue Drivers. I'm sure some of ROBO's posts about the L4V are simply priceless. I wanted to see what all the madness was about. What a POC website...sterb126.gifI guess I'll just have to keep reading between the lines. Sounds like a complete joke. GOLFWRX RULES!!!!!

That site is seriously a joke. Its really funny when they post numbers of their Swing Speeds/Workout Routines/$20,000 UPGRADED HORSEPOWER Toyota's. Maybe if they crave speed so much maybe they should swing a little harder. At swing speeds of 100, 105, and 115 thats not too breathtaking. I have nothing against anyone who swings softer but when you post your workout routines and all the protein you take in and you fit into a stiff flex it reminds me of the "My new haircut" type of guys and it makes me chuckle.

My New Haircut Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JMOh-cul6M

Is it playing stiff enough for you and how is the spin?

I had the SC65 in X flex and it was plenty stiff it actually measure closer to XX flex. I never measure the spin rates but it looked and felt very low. My problem with the club was the SW at D9. I had it reshafted w/ the SC55 in S flex. I have not had a chance to play it yet and only hit a few shots on the frigid range with OK results. This week I am going to San Diego to play a few rounds and hope to put it through it's paces. The SW at 46" is still D8 but the overall weight is 15gms lighter so we will see. Also, the XX flex of the SC65 is too stiff for me so I am hoping this will be a better fit for me. Stay tuned!

(for the previous poster, I think most people would have trouble with the weight of the SE80/SC80 but who knows)

Guys, thank you so much for the laugh. I just went over to BSG and read the thread with posts by Todd. What at tool! I needed a good laugh.

"If you like it, great, but I don't see any reason for us to spend any more time discussing a product that we wouldn't consider stocking. Our time is better spent."

"Like I said before, please feel free to discuss AMONGST YOURSELVES, but I don't see any point for us to spend any more time on this product. We aren't going to test it any further, and won't carry it. That's pretty much the end of the discussion."

:busted2: :) ;) :busted2::busted2: :cheesy:

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

honestly i think it comes down to the fact cobra/titleist are not as eager to just toss around thier tour product(ahem cally and tm). he won't stock it because he can't get it. the resoning behind the lack of testing is flat out rediculous. will he keep the g10 out as well? they are doing the same thing (only 204, but still its higher than the magic 200). honestly i think it comes down to the fact tht for all the clout he says he has acushnet could care less and doesn't need his seal of approval. the l4v seem like it will hold its own DESPITE them. i'm not totaly sold myself but when they come through in april i'll give it a try without any tape and hopefully a aftermarket shaft or at least a x flex

as a last note everyone i have gotten to try this club has liked it and i have seen very good potentail in it. think it will do very well for amny people. let the l4v do it's thang!

to the mods: i know this is my first post but it will not be the norm for me. im not into ripping people and i hope i ddin't go to far in this post. in the future i'll be more golf related. feel free to erase this last part if wanted

(for the previous poster, I think most people would have trouble with the weight of the SE80/SC80 but who knows)

Actually, the weight is what I look for. I play my drivers at 44" to 44.5" and use an 80g oversize grip. The 208g head of the L4V with open/square face and stupid easy to hit sounds just like what I'm looking for.

Anyone try it?

I have thought about this .... and I kinda feel like this ....

That after all the BSG spin doctors are done ... The one thing they can't get around is .... and it's what I have been saying and TOLD THEM BEFORE anyone else hit one ...

Is that the L4VX - IS LONGER THAN EVERY SINGLE CLUB IN THEIR INVENTORY ... Every LCG / 282 (which I have and its a joke) / V1 etc .... but there is NO WAY they can admit it ... so we get this latest diatribe ... It's actually ... humorous .... Just a completey and utterly laughable to watch the attempts to disfuse it.

I am trying to chose my words carefully - cuz I have been accused of making this personal ... but I realized that just bcuz someone uses "professional" and "technically" worded opinions - that those can also be as personal ... And I have some swipes taken towards me ...

The other thing I think is COMPLETELY laughable - is the "bloated with self-importance" attitude ... It's just so ... funny ....

NOTE TO THEM .... Cobra doesn't care what you think - they didn't before they made - NOR do they now ... it's funny ... and most importantly WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK .... It doesn't matter what "testing" says ... what the swingweight is ... what some BULLSHIZZLE test pool says ... what anyones opinion is on who it fits .... etc etc etc etc etc - We all kinda like it ... Just stick a good shaft in it and call it a day ... What's so damn difficult about that ... WHO CARES what anyone thinks about it AT ALL ... And if they haven't figured it outyet .. Let me spell it out for ya ... WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobra also doesn't their help selling it ... SO WHO CARES ... Cuz in reality ... ANY OF US can go buy the damn thing straight off the shelf and be longer than ever for the price of RETAIL club. I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! that the request for a specific weight / specific loft head was met with LAUGHTER at Cobra .... KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Cuz even COBRA DIDN'T & DOESN'T CARE what they thought .... They can't make these fast enough ... and they don't need a 3rd party to sell their product ... THIS WHOLE SUBJECT is evidence of it. NOONE cares what the self-proclaimed GRAND POOBA thinks ... at all .... at least noone that doesn't have their head up their own arse ...

AND WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cuz at the end of the day .... This all comes full circle ...and the EXACT SAME THING I STARTED SAYING MONTHS AGO - from my very first posts way back when - I have never waivered or been inconsistent ... is still true -and it still boils all this spin down to the exact same point ...

Is that the L4VX is THE LONGEST / STRAIGHTEST / MOST FORGIVING driver I have ever hit .. and IT'S STILL longer than any LCG/282/DF/V1 etc ... PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... and all the spin in the world won't change it - and judging from the 19 GAGILLION posts / PM / views / emails / posted reviews - there seems to be a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of people who agree - NOT everyone (which is 110% understandable) ... but I don't work for Cobra - don't get paid to sell clubs ... I have no agenda ... I get no commission ... I just posted what I thought - gave my opinion (haven't changed it at all) - and 3 months later - The ROBOPTI-L4V-KOOLAIDE-BRIGADE is pretty strong :) AND I'm a happy member of forum that has nuetraility and where ALL opinions can be made.

..... it's just humorous and entertaining to watch the effort

That after all the BSG spin doctors are done ... The one thing they can't get around is .... and it's what I have been saying and TOLD THEM BEFORE anyone else hit one ...

Is that the L4VX - IS LONGER THAN EVERY SINGLE CLUB IN THEIR INVENTORY ... Every LCG / 282 (which I have and its a joke) / V1 etc .... but there is NO WAY they can admit it ... so we get this latest diatribe ... It's actually ... humorous .... Just a completey and utterly laughable to watch the attempts to disfuse it.

I am trying to chose my words carefully - cuz I have been accused of making this personal ... but I realized that just bcuz someone uses "professional" and "technically" worded opinions - that those can also be as personal ... And I have some swipes taken towards me ...

The other thing I think is COMPLETELY laughable - is the "bloated with self-importance" attitude ... It's just so ... funny ....

NOTE TO THEM .... Cobra doesn't care what you think - they didn't before they made - NOR do they now ... it's funny ... and most importantly WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK .... It doesn't matter what "testing" says ... what the swingweight is ... what some BULLSHIZZLE test pool says ... what anyones opinion is on who it fits .... etc etc etc etc etc - We all kinda like it ... Just stick a good shaft in it and call it a day ... What's so damn difficult about that ... WHO CARES what anyone thinks about it AT ALL ... And if they haven't figured it outyet .. Let me spell it out for ya ... WE DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK AT ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cobra also doesn't their help selling it ... SO WHO CARES ... Cuz in reality ... ANY OF US can go buy the damn thing straight off the shelf and be longer than ever for the price of RETAIL club. I KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!! that the request for a specific weight / specific loft head was met with LAUGHTER at Cobra .... KNOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... Cuz even COBRA DIDN'T & DOESN'T CARE what they thought .... They can't make these fast enough ... and they don't need a 3rd party to sell their product ... THIS WHOLE SUBJECT is evidence of it. NOONE cares what the self-proclaimed GRAND POOBA thinks ... at all .... at least noone that doesn't have their head up their own arse ...

Cuz at the end of the day .... This all comes full circle ...and the EXACT SAME THING I STARTED SAYING MONTHS AGO - from my very first posts way back when - I have never waivered or been inconsistent ... is still true -and it still boils all this spin down to the exact same point ...

Is that the L4VX is THE LONGEST / STRAIGHTEST / MOST FORGIVING driver I have ever hit .. and IT'S STILL longer than any LCG/282/DF/V1 etc ... PERIOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.... and all the spin in the world won't change it - and judging from the 19 GAGILLION posts / PM / views / emails / posted reviews - there seems to be a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of people who agree - NOT everyone (which is 110% understandable) ... but I don't work for Cobra - don't get paid to sell clubs ... I have no agenda ... I get no commission ... I just posted what I thought - gave my opinion (haven't changed it at all) - and 3 months later - The ROBOPTI-L4V-KOOLAIDE-BRIGADE is pretty strong ;) AND I'm a happy member of forum that has nuetraility and where ALL opinions can be made.

Great Post ROBO!...I am with ya' bro

:)

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

GUys, I need some help here. I have the L4V X, with 9* and to me it is the greatest piece of equipment I have purchased. I have never hit a ball longer. Anyway I put a Matrix Code 6 and I go even straighter and longer. Now, I have a friend who has moonlighted on Hooters Tour and is qualifying for Canadian Tour in April and I want him to try this club and he wont. He will play everything else (D2, FT-5, Cleveland HiBore XLS, even the HYPER X from Cally), what can I do to get him to try this club?

.... and all the spin in the world won't change it - and judging from the 19 GAGILLION posts / PM / views / emails / posted reviews - there seems to be a TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of people who agree - NOT everyone (which is 110% understandable) ... but I don't work for Cobra - don't get paid to sell clubs ... I have no agenda ... I get no commission ... I just posted what I thought - gave my opinion (haven't changed it at all) - and 3 months later - The ROBOPTI-L4V-KOOLAIDE-BRIGADE is pretty strong :) AND I'm a happy member of forum that has nuetraility and where ALL opinions can be made.

BSG just banned me for saying the truth!!!!!!!

GUys, I need some help here. I have the L4V X, with 9* and to me it is the greatest piece of equipment I have purchased. I have never hit a ball longer. Anyway I put a Matrix Code 6 and I go even straighter and longer. Now, I have a friend who has moonlighted on Hooters Tour and is qualifying for Canadian Tour in April and I want him to try this club and he wont. He will play everything else (D2, FT-5, Cleveland HiBore XLS, even the HYPER X from Cally), what can I do to get him to try this club?

Glad you're enjoying the driver.

I wouldn't...let him be. Who knows, may be he can't stand the looks or sound of the Cobra. I use to hate Cobra as well with that loud "tunk" sound like the Sumo in their older Speed drivers. Just bomb pass him and whistle as you walk by... :)

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing