2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

LOL...people are already out...and I haven't even got a round in with mine yet. I agree with ROBO...you gotta try, and experiment for yourself. It seems to me at least, like some have hardly given the L4V a chance. It took me 3 shaft swaps in my former gamer to get it right. You gotta do, what you gotta do I guess? Well, at least I have the range for the time being. By the time I get to actually game it, it's going to seem like old faithful to me. I'm going to enjoy playing from the center of the fairway this season. Currently, super accurate with it...in my range sessions. Blows my r7 Quad TP away...no problem. Still not the best time of the year for us "northerners" to set up a Driver, but you guys in the warmer climates kind of did alot of the leg work for us...and for that I say THANKS!!

Keep hitting 'em straight guys!!

LaTeR...pHiL.

Hang in there Phil. It is worth the wait, I promise.

Thinking of going to a lower launching shaft in mine, but I'm not sure yet. I need some more testing on the course. I hit it higher than I am used to, but spin is low. Maybe a White Board will be in the works shortly.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Wilson Staff Model RB Utility (3 or 4?) HZRDUS Gen 4 Black 90

Wilson Dynapower Forged 5-G UST Recoil Dart 105

Wilson Staff Model ZM 56°-12° (Bent to 55°) and 60°-08° 

Royal Payne RP009 359g KBS GPS

Guys - Just got off the phone with my local Golfsmith rep. I had ordered a L4VX w/stock x-stiff two weeks ago. I called today to get a status. He told me that Cobra has a recall on the driver. He said they did not pass testing and that the face was too hot. Maybe too much trampoline effect? So now my driver is not shipping until 4/1. Anybody know anything about this? No wonder the thing bombs, it looks like it may be illegal.

The club is still in stock and available from the Golfsmith website, and there is nothing on the Cobra site to indicate this.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Guys - Just got off the phone with my local Golfsmith rep. I had ordered a L4VX w/stock x-stiff two weeks ago. I called today to get a status. He told me that Cobra has a recall on the driver. He said they did not pass testing and that the face was too hot. Maybe too much trampoline effect? So now my driver is not shipping until 4/1. Anybody know anything about this? No wonder the thing bombs, it looks like it may be illegal.

HOLY SHNYKEES!!!

WOW...news to me. Maybe ROBO, or PAV can get the 411.

I'm calling Shenanigans!!

Without any other confirmation, anyway. :)

So Brigade -1, but I still luv y'all! :cheesy:

Hey .... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with that statement, I have followed you and some of your other threads - and you did what I think everyone should do - Found out for yourself !!!!! ... ATTA BOY !!!!!! ... I've said it before and I'll say it again - It's not for everyone NOR is any club for anyone ... ALL GOOD !!!

Drop in and say Hi to the Brigade from time to time :)

Thanks man! Yeah, I think it's very important for people to find out for themselves. It'd be tough to try every driver/shaft combo that might work so we all just do the best we can. I went about it by using demo days, launch monitors (both vector and trackman), range sessions, and on-course sessions. It's funny how looking at the numbers on the LM, the Cobra/WB came out a hair better than the G10/PL Red, when it came time to hit the first tee, the Ping was in the bag. It was just a "feel" thing and no LM can meausre an individual's feel preferences.

So get out there and get those LM stats folks, but try to get on the course too. If nothing else it'll validate what the LM says.

Hmm...should get my 5900 back in about 3 hours!! :)

We'll be sure to keep an eye on the rough for you, Deadpool. In all seriousness, good luck with G10 it's been fun to read.

So Brigade -1, but I still luv y'all! :)

Hey .... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG with that statement, I have followed you and some of your other threads - and you did what I think everyone should do - Found out for yourself !!!!! ... ATTA BOY !!!!!! ... I've said it before and I'll say it again - It's not for everyone NOR is any club for anyone ... ALL GOOD !!!

Drop in and say Hi to the Brigade from time to time ;)

Thanks man! Yeah, I think it's very important for people to find out for themselves. It'd be tough to try every driver/shaft combo that might work so we all just do the best we can. I went about it by using demo days, launch monitors (both vector and trackman), range sessions, and on-course sessions. It's funny how looking at the numbers on the LM, the Cobra/WB came out a hair better than the G10/PL Red, when it came time to hit the first tee, the Ping was in the bag. It was just a "feel" thing and no LM can meausre an individual's feel preferences.

So get out there and get those LM stats folks, but try to get on the course too. If nothing else it'll validate what the LM says.

Hmm...should get my 5900 back in about 3 hours!! :)

We'll be sure to keep an eye on the rough for you, Deadpool. In all seriousness, good luck with G10 it's been fun to read.

You keep an eye on it for me because I won't be there much. ;) And I just got my 5900 back with WB 63g installed. I may not remember what rough is pretty soon! :cheesy:

My Golfsmith still has them on the shelves.....

OK.........

From THE B.M.O.C. - The Big Enchilada ... The Uber-Cobra-Pooba himself LIVE FROM CARLSBAD CALI

Ummmm .... In a manner of speaking

BULLS**T!!!!!!

and I'M JUST SPEAKING for myself ... but if GS is saying that publicly ... Oooo .. I would love to be a fly on the wall when they call about this scared2656564.gifscared2656564.gifsofa.gifrip.gif

001.gif

Well that's great to hear...kind of figured it was BS.

trink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.giftrink14.gif

Drink up guys...this rounds on me...LOL.

*gulp* *gulp* *gulp*

All this talk reminded me...register my driver... :) continues...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Thanks for saving the day ROBO! I had already begun to panic. I think I will be able to sleep soundly tonight.

There have been MANY L4V´s used by the people on this forum, I´d love to know how much the loft on them varies, anyone measured?

I ask because I´m wondering if I should measure some with a protractor if I buy?

My L4V (now up for sale, btw) was measured twice by my local master clubfitter. The first time showed "hmm...about eight and a half." I took it back a few days later just to double check and it was, "looks like eight point.....two five?" So unless he's getting a bad reading (and did it twice) mine is under 9 degrees. :)

Of course I'm hearing that other people have meausred and are coming up with higher numbers (10, 10.5, etc.). I'd definitely recommend measuring before you buy if you can do it accurately.

Crowboy .... I just want to post this publicly. I just want to make sure you know my remarks had ZERO to do with you. You were just the messenger. I thought about that last night - and that could have easily been taken as a swipe against you if read incorrectly - AND THAT IS DEF NOT THE CASE !!!!!!!!!!!

I just meant to say that the Uber-Pooba wasn't in agreement with Golfsmith :cheesy:

ALL GOOD on my side - and I TRULY apologize if you took that in ANY bad manner - !!!! :)

Has anyone tried the DVS shaft in the L4V yet? I'm pretty happy with the SC55 but I getting the itch to try something new. My SS is only about 105ish.

... I have a DVS 70 comin to go in mine. Might be a VooDoo, but that will give you a good idea of what it is like. I'll post once I have a chance to hit it at the range and on the course.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

I am ACHING to get back out on to the course, work has been busy busy busy....tomorrow looks promising for my first round in about 10 days though...barring anything unforseen :P

83,000+ views. Wow. Even though I haven't had much time to play, or even post, lately..I have tried my best to keep up, I am so glad it is working out for so many of you.....it really is an awesome club, and its reassuring to see so many others sharing my feelings for it. Kool-Aid ALL AROUND!!!!!

Brian

Today was my first day with the L4V/PM702x on the course after tipping it down to 44". I took it and my Tour BUL/Protopype 80x and thought I'd be playing 9 with one and 9 holes with the other. I just had the best driving day EVER!!! The BUL never got out of the bag! I played every hole with last year's TM TP Black. The kicker was a 560 yard par 5 where my 2nd shot was 210 yards out! Easily my longest shot ever! One of the guys I was playing with didn't get to my ball on his 2nd shot! My second shot into the green was actually short because I thought maybe the wind had caught the drive and that's why it had gone so far but that wasn't the case. Couple of shots where dead pulls that rattled in the trees around 270 yards out but the rest were 5 yard draws that had PERFECT ball flights and HUGE first bounces.

There is NO need to play this thing any longer than 44 inches. NONE. One of the guys I was playing with was inspecting my driver like a jeweler looking at a diamond. The others asked what kind of driver I was playing with when we finished (one had a burner the other had a SUMO 2).

Time to sell every other driver I have and get into my 2nd and 3rd L4Vs since I have two great shafts that I also want to try. All I can say is DAYUM!!