T100 vs T200 vs 718AP2

Big Bri

Just tried them all briefly and not sure what to do. Cant get over t200 offset and futuristic design especially in the long irons. But cant deny they were def easier and more forgiving. I wasnt fully warmed up but still. Now Im debating if I should just go with 718 AP2s. Any advice or experience? Let me know. I might go try them again tomorrow.

> @"Big Bri" said:

> > @balls_deep said:

> > AP2 is a great club, though they do have some offset. 718 and T100 will have VERY similar numbers. You could always bend T200 weak and it will reduce offset.

>

> Hows the offset of ap2 compare to t200s?

Not sure the actual numbers.. they've stopped publishing offset specs for some reason.

3 different irons AP2 sits in the middle of the T100 and T200 with traditional lofts but still forgiving. Titleist did a bad job imo making the gap between T100 and T200 large when that's where AP2 sits, but I guess they went where their pros want it moving more to T100. If you have AP2 and like them I don't see why you'd even transition into these unless you want to change types into smaller T100 (new more forgiving CB) or more forgiving stronger lofted T200 (slimmed out better feeling AP3). If you like AP2 then stick with it, but not sure what you're looking for since you didn't give enough information though.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> 3 different irons AP2 sits in the middle of the T100 and T200 with traditional lofts but still forgiving. Titleist did a bad job imo making the gap between T100 and T200 large when that's where AP2 sits, but I guess they went where their pros want it moving more to T100. If you have AP2 and like them I don't see why you'd even transition into these unless you want to change types into smaller T100 (new more forgiving CB) or more forgiving stronger lofted T200 (slimmed out better feeling AP3). If you like AP2 then stick with it, but not sure what you're looking for since you didn't give enough information though.

I guess i didnt give enough info. I have the original 10 years old ap2 and the shaft is too heavy for me right now. Thus i am looking to get a new set.

I finally hit T100's on the course today and I like them more than the 718 AP2. The less offset and the thinner top line look great. I expected them to feel more "bladey" but they weren't. Look great in the bag too. I am wondering if people think they are harder to hit than the older AP2 because they look more like a blade, I didn't find that to be the case. Only 1 round in but the carry seemed just a bit further with the T100's. Could be spin as I was using the same ball and same shaft as usual.

> @Scottyrocket said:

> I finally hit T100's on the course today and I like them more than the 718 AP2. The less offset and the thinner top line look great. I expected them to feel more "bladey" but they weren't. Look great in the bag too. I am wondering if people think they are harder to hit than the older AP2 because they look more like a blade, I didn't find that to be the case. Only 1 round in but the carry seemed just a bit further with the T100's. Could be spin as I was using the same ball and same shaft as usual.

>

I was wondering the same thing. Some said t100 and ap2s are similar in forgiveness vut others disagreed. it was harder to hit t100 compared to my old old ap2 but maybe i was scared like you said because it looks so “blade”y. Def let me know how the second round goes!

> @tsecor said:

> are the T100 faces hot or do they feel like pure blades?

Neither. It doesn't feel hot at all, nothing like the T200 hot face. T100 doesn't feel like a blade at all. More solid feeling than an AP2 but nothing like a MB.

Titleist ProV1

That's interesting. I was thinking of trying the new TM 790 series but the T100's are very appealing to me as a Titleist fanboi. I wonder how the new CB compares to the 712 CB i currently game> @HappyGilmore22 said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > are the T100 faces hot or do they feel like pure blades?

>

> Neither. It doesn't feel hot at all, nothing like the T200 hot face. T100 doesn't feel like a blade at all. More solid feeling than an AP2 but nothing like a MB.

> @Pmookie said:

> I definitely wouldn’t change to a set that I didn’t like the looks of right off the bat

I'm with you, why buy something you don't like the looks of when there are tons of clubs out there that look great to me. I'll never live long enough (or have enough money) to try all the ones that look hittable!

I finally got to see the T100 and T200 in person this weekend, didn't hit them but agree, the current AP2 fits right in between them which suits me just fine. Zero desire to move to the new irons.

Also I continue to LOVE my AP3 long irons (3, 4, 5). I hit a couple of 3-irons yesterday that were absolute rockets, carried both about 220 off of side hill lies but flew about as high as a typical 7-iron... just wow.

"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time." 

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W, 5W w/ Speeder Evo II 661 Stiff
Titleist AP3 4, 5 irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist AP2 6 - GW irons w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Callaway Jaws Tour Grey 54S & 58x w/ Project X LZ 6.0O

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Tour Lined
Shapland Stand Bag 2.3

Clicgear 4.0

> @Jarlaxle said:

> I finally got to see the T100 and T200 in person this weekend, didn't hit them but agree, the current AP2 fits right in between them which suits me just fine. Zero desire to move to the new irons.

> Also I continue to LOVE my AP3 long irons (3, 4, 5). I hit a couple of 3-irons yesterday that were absolute rockets, carried both about 220 off of side hill lies but flew about as high as a typical 7-iron... just wow.

This is exactly why i posted this discussion. if ap2 arent significant “worse” performance and forgiveness-wise compared to t200, id rather go with cheaper and less offset ap2s. But if t100 is forgiving enough for me, t100 it is. I am getting fitted tmrw so will post the result later.

I was hitting 620 cb 718 cb t100 t200 all just fine so t200 was out right away.

Heres my fitting results.

With a 7 iron, Swing speed was around 87-89 mph, ball speed high 110s, spin rate of 6500-6700 for all three. My swing is smooth with a moderate tempo so i could have gone with new dynamic gold120 or amt s300. Fitter recommended new dg, worrying amt would balloon in the long irons. I could have gone with any of the three but cb’s would def demand more practice as t100 showed less dispersion and distance loss on misshits. I may go with t100. But on my way to try 919 tour for the last time before i make the call

> @"Big Bri" said:

> I was hitting 620 cb 718 cb t100 t200 all just fine so t200 was out right away.

> Heres my fitting results.

> With a 7 iron, Swing speed was around 87-89 mph, ball speed high 110s, spin rate of 6500-6700 for all three. My swing is smooth with a moderate tempo so i could have gone with new dynamic gold120 or amt s300. Fitter recommended new dg, worrying amt would balloon in the long irons. I could have gone with any of the three but cb’s would def demand more practice as t100 showed less dispersion and distance loss on misshits. I may go with t100. But on my way to try 919 tour for the last time before i make the call

I’m interested in hearing how that goes!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix

> @lordemsworth said:

> AP2 is cheaper and has more offset than t100. I misread your post -718 AP2 has less offset than t200.

>

> 718 AP2 are great irons - wish they had less offset in the short irons.

They're not crazy offset by any means. For me the offset is exaggerated on Titleist because of how upright they are. I set up to them weird reacting to the combo of that and therefore always had inconsistent results. I'm reasonably tall - 6'0" in bare feet and have all of my CBs and Vokeys bent flat. In hindsight I wish I'd done that with my AP2 as they're great clubs. Also to OP good call on staying away from AMT - definite balloon-age in the long irons.

> @craz-e said:

>

> I’m interested in hearing how that goes!

Just got back from 919 tour new dg 120 demoing. T100 is def easier to hit imo. Forgiveness wise similar to cb’s i think. Topline is def thicker than titleists. In terms of the feel, maybe it’s just me but 919 tour felt a little dull? or less hot off the face compared to 620 cb. Maybe its due to the thinner face of 620s.

> @"Big Bri" said:

> > @craz-e said:

> >

> > I’m interested in hearing how that goes!

>

> Just got back from 919 tour new dg 120 demoing. T100 is def easier to hit imo. Forgiveness wise similar to cb’s i think. Topline is def thicker than titleists. In terms of the feel, maybe it’s just me but 919 tour felt a little dull? or less hot off the face compared to 620 cb. Maybe its due to the thinner face of 620s.

919 Tours are definitely more dull feeling than T100 and not nearly as forgiving. I'm testing out a 7 iron in T100 right now and about to order a full set to replace my 919 Tours. Love the look of the tours badging and topline/blade length so tried them out this year but going back to Titleist now for a bit more forgiveness.

Titleist ProV1

I agree that it is not a lot, but once you see it, it's hard to get past it, if you are sensitive to it. The FG Tour V6 has less in the short irons, as do the Ping I series.

I wish they had just a smidgen less. Never thought bout bending flat /upright to reduce it! Hmm.

> @balls_deep said:

> > @lordemsworth said:

> > AP2 is cheaper and has more offset than t100. I misread your post -718 AP2 has less offset than t200.

> >

> > 718 AP2 are great irons - wish they had less offset in the short irons.

>

> They're not crazy offset by any means. For me the offset is exaggerated on Titleist because of how upright they are. I set up to them weird reacting to the combo of that and therefore always had inconsistent results. I'm reasonably tall - 6'0" in bare feet and have all of my CBs and Vokeys bent flat. In hindsight I wish I'd done that with my AP2 as they're great clubs. Also to OP good call on staying away from AMT - definite balloon-age in the long irons.

• 4 months later...