Lets take a closer look at distance off the Tee....

Titleist99

> @butterysnaphook said:

> You post here on average around 20 +/- times per day based off of your post count and how long you've been a member. That is some MAJOR self importance right there. And everything I see from you is the same old thing. The same thing that everyone else sees and is tired of seeing. You've felt the need to put your 2 cents in and try to be the moral authority on here 20 times a day for almost 6 years, get some help man.

@bladehunter has 4.6k liked comments, so your assertion that “everyone” is tired of his posts is more of your inaccurate commenting. I think what everyone can see is the lack of value, credibility and decorum of your posts.

> @clevited said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @butterysnaphook said:

> > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > > @butterysnaphook said:

> > > > > > @clevited said:

> > > > > > > @butterysnaphook said:

> > > > > > > You post here on average around 20 +/- times per day based off of your post count and how long you've been a member. That is some MAJOR self importance right there. And everything I see from you is the same old thing. The same thing that everyone else sees and is tired of seeing. You've felt the need to put your 2 cents in and try to be the moral authority on here 20 times a day for almost 6 years, get some help man.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Problem is, because he has been here so long and no doubt has made friends with all the other long time people on here, both you and I will look bad for calling out what I agree is an abuse of "authority". Blade plays devils advocate all the time, jumps in and points out hypocrisy that is obviously everywhere on here, points out insults and what not even though he has plenty of them and doesn't even realize it. He will then back pedal to try and keep the peace.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would however let it go here, no win situation with how long he has been on here. No doubt he could get us banned really easily for getting on him like this. I don't know him well enough yet to know if he would. Also, like everyone else on here, he is protecting someone that shares his point of view by jumping on you and I. I don't entirely blame him for that, but even I will call out someone that is being the way this guy has been for a large number of pages, even if they support my view.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s all very disappointing. But I’m sure the mods will ban me in the morning for having a different opinion than him and calling him out on his persistent and narcissistic BS that we have both outlined.

> > > >

> > > > Butters - are you wanting to get banned? I think you’ve gotten your point across. Unless you’ve bought a one way ticket to bannedville. If that’s the case then just got for it man, just go for it.

> > >

> > > No, I don’t want to get banned at all. I think this is a pretty cool site. I just don’t like seeing longtime members that think they run the place and post 20 times a day trying to make others feel beneath them.

> >

> > Has Ferguson offered any theories in this thread? I usually look to him for some comedic relief when things get too serious on here

>

> It is a shame imo. I really think there was some decent talk in this thread this time around. It really feels like it ran its course though, I wouldn't care if it got shut down, but a little comedy is always welcome!

If you want to keep it decent, don’t start throwing around personal insults. You just degraded your own reputation here by doing so.

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @Obee said:

> > > Serious questions for you:

> > >

> > > 1) Do you play much golf nowadays?

> > >

> > > 2) Do you enjoy playing?.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yes and yes.

>

> What driver and ball do you play?

Taylormade M-1 driver. For balls I’m not tied to any one, but I usually play Callaway or Titleist for serious rounds. For casual rounds any decent 3-piece ball.

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > > >

> > > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> > >

> > > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

> >

> > So you’re saying an increase in clubhead speed of 4mph did not lead to an increase in distance?

> >

> > you’re going to avoid it instead of providing verifiable evidence to support your position. Got it. We’re done. Think what you want and be wrong. Good day to you sir.

>

> Funny how you guys flail when some basic facts wreck your opinions.

Show me the facts that dispute Rory’s own words about his own game. I know you cannot, but if you believe you can, please do. You have failed in all of your attempts as of yet. How does adding 4mph clubhead speed through a fitness regimen, and not a swing change, not add distance?