2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Lets take a closer look at distance off the Tee....

Titleist99

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > >

> > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > >

> > >

> > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > >

> > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > >

> > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > >

> > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> >

>

> I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

I believe it to be more about natural talent , better sequencing of that talent and better nutrition and conditioning for extending energy. I do not believe that simply becoming a meat head who lives in the gym will add one bit of real distance.

But all that being said. This new tangent is simply a paper tiger being slayed .

For what purpose ? To be “ right “ ? I’m lost trying to find its purpose.

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > >

> > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > >

> > >

> > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > >

> > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > >

> > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > >

> > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> >

>

> I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > >

> > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > >

> > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > >

> > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > >

> >

> > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

>

> I believe it to be more about natural talent , better sequencing of that talent and better nutrition and conditioning for extending energy. I do not believe that simply becoming a meat head who lives in the gym will add one bit of real distance.

>

>

> But all that being said. This new tangent is simply a paper tiger being slayed .

> For what purpose ? To be “ right “ ? I’m lost trying to find its purpose.

>

Rory is obviously an incredible natural talent, but can you really deny what he says which falls online with the given stats? He says he started working out in sept 2010, in 09 and 10 his speed was consistently 116. After he began his workout regimen, his speed went to 120. Can you truly say that the exercise regimen was not responsible, when the stats and the man himself say otherwise? Did he undergo a swing change in that time frame? I do t believe he did, but I could be wrong.

And no doubt about your second paragraph. I have no clue how the conversation devolved into this nonsense. I’ve just been reading and wondering how people can hold a position, and stick to it, that is disputed by scientific testing, as well as information provided by the players themselves. Rangersgoalie is another one. Former tour player. Stated he started a workout regimen, distance and speed increased. How can anyone else say he is wrong when that is his own experience for his game?

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > >

> > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > >

> > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > >

> > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > >

> >

> > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

>

> If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

How so?

Hey, if 43” steel won’t work, what about this: No woods in the opens. Sure, guys will hit 11* hybrids, etc., but they will have to hit them on the screws with much lower MOI. And nobody’s Thursday Night Men’s League is affected.

I love these threads, and the comparison between eras threads.

Eras threads: “Nicklaus hit it 358 in the PGA Championship LD competition, and nobody could drive #1 at Cherry Hills like Arnie did. A modern PW is like an 8-iron from back then.”

Rollback threads: “These guys all hit it too far. It’s become a driver-PW game on tour.”

Fantastic stuff!

• Like 1

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> >

> > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

>

> How so?

His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > >

> > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> >

> > How so?

>

> His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

• Like 1

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > >

> > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > >

> > > How so?

> >

> > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

>

> Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

I want to make sure I get this correct: you think "shaft technology" has increased clubhead speed by 4 mph?

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > >

> > > > How so?

> > >

> > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> >

> > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

>

> You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

>

>

> a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

>

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > >

> > > > How so?

> > >

> > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> >

> > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

>

>

>

> a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

>

I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> @Obee said:

> I want to make sure I get this correct: you think "shaft technology" has increased clubhead speed by 4 mph?

>

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > >

> > > > > How so?

> > > >

> > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > >

> > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> >

> > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> >

> >

> > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> >

>

>

Nanites

• Like 1

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > >

> > > > > How so?

> > > >

> > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > >

> > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> >

> > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> >

> >

> > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> >

>

> I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > How so?

> > >

> >

>

>

>

> a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

>

IDK if that’s what you wanted, lol.

Serious questions for you:

1) Do you play much golf nowadays?

2) Do you enjoy playing?

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How so?

> > > > >

> > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > >

> > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > >

> > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > >

> > >

> > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

>

> This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How so?

> > > > >

> > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > >

> > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

>

> This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

So you’re saying an increase in clubhead speed of 4mph did not lead to an increase in distance?

you’re going to avoid it instead of providing verifiable evidence to support your position. Got it. We’re done. Think what you want and be wrong. Good day to you sir.

> @bigred90gt said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > >

> > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> >

> > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

>

> So you’re saying an increase in clubhead speed of 4mph did not lead to an increase in distance?

>

> you’re going to avoid it instead of providing verifiable evidence to support your position. Got it. We’re done. Think what you want and be wrong. Good day to you sir.

Funny how you guys flail when some basic facts wreck your opinions.

> @LICC said:

> > @bigred90gt said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How so?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > >

> >

>

I am sorry, have to break some of my own internet rules. You sir are an absolute moron. You have changed your question and evolved it more than a few times. First it was show proof of three players increasing distance from fitness. You did not say tour players and you did not say already fit players. You have since changed it to tour players and they have to already be fit.

You have recieved quotes from players and coaches/trainers saying they have increased distance from their fitness programs. You have recieved proof in swing speeds increasing of more than a few players. You have dismissed it all as swing changes and you are now dismissing stuff by claiming its shafts changing. You also have a former professional player giving you his experience which you reject because YOU can't make sense of it via shot link stats.

You have several people, some of which very knowledgeable about this exact thing against you yet you still think you are right. There are endless articles and studies on the subject that prove you are wrong. Btw, you never said it had to be proven via shot link stats, but you seem to have added that to the requirements of proof.

You asked the question knowing full well you would evolve it or dismiss any proof as not proof. You have attempted to poke holes in every argument and act like you are so smart. You are an idiot! An absolute moron on this subject at the very least. I have come across a lot of idiots on here and elsewhere over the years but you my moronic friend take the cake. Do you realize how dumb your latest remark is? You don't because you think everything you say is so smart and amazing and you think your crap don't stink! You are the exact definition of a narcissist and no amount of proof will ever convince you.

There I am done and feel a whole lot better. MY GOD!

Swing hard in case you hit it!

> @clevited said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > >

> > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > >

> > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> >

> > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

>

> I am sorry, have to break some of my own internet rules. You sir are an absolute moron. You have changed your question and evolved it more than a few times. First it was show proof of three players increasing distance from fitness. You did not say tour players and you did not say already fit players. You have since changed it to tour players and they have to already be fit.

>

> You have recieved quotes from players and coaches/trainers saying they have increased distance from their fitness programs. You have recieved proof in swing speeds increasing of more than a few players. You have dismissed it all as swing changes and you are now dismissing stuff by claiming its shafts changing. You also have a former professional player giving you his experience which you reject because YOU can't make sense of it via shot link stats.

>

> You have several people, some of which very knowledgeable about this exact thing against you yet you still think you are right. There are endless articles and studies on the subject that prove you are wrong. Btw, you never said it had to be proven via shot link stats, but you seem to have added that to the requirements of proof.

>

> You asked the question knowing full well you would evolve it or dismiss any proof as not proof. You have attempted to poke holes in every argument and act like you are so smart. You are an idiot! An absolute moron on this subject at the very least. I have come across a lot of idiots on here and elsewhere over the years but you my moronic friend take the cake. Do you realize how dumb your latest remark is? You don't because you think everything you say is so smart and amazing and you think your crap don't stink! You are the exact definition of a narcissist and no amount of proof will ever convince you.

>

> There I am done and feel a whole lot better. MY GOD!

I haven’t made one personal insult in this discussion. You can’t say the same. You just proved my last post about flailing when basic facts wreck your opinion.

I never changed my question. You are mixing me up with another poster. We always were talking about distance of Tour players. I never said it had to be someone who was already fit. More shoddy posting by you.

> @LICC said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > > >

> > > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> > >

> > > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

> >

> > I am sorry, have to break some of my own internet rules. You sir are an absolute moron. You have changed your question and evolved it more than a few times. First it was show proof of three players increasing distance from fitness. You did not say tour players and you did not say already fit players. You have since changed it to tour players and they have to already be fit.

> >

> > You have recieved quotes from players and coaches/trainers saying they have increased distance from their fitness programs. You have recieved proof in swing speeds increasing of more than a few players. You have dismissed it all as swing changes and you are now dismissing stuff by claiming its shafts changing. You also have a former professional player giving you his experience which you reject because YOU can't make sense of it via shot link stats.

> >

> > You have several people, some of which very knowledgeable about this exact thing against you yet you still think you are right. There are endless articles and studies on the subject that prove you are wrong. Btw, you never said it had to be proven via shot link stats, but you seem to have added that to the requirements of proof.

> >

> > You asked the question knowing full well you would evolve it or dismiss any proof as not proof. You have attempted to poke holes in every argument and act like you are so smart. You are an idiot! An absolute moron on this subject at the very least. I have come across a lot of idiots on here and elsewhere over the years but you my moronic friend take the cake. Do you realize how dumb your latest remark is? You don't because you think everything you say is so smart and amazing and you think your crap don't stink! You are the exact definition of a narcissist and no amount of proof will ever convince you.

> >

> > There I am done and feel a whole lot better. MY GOD!

>

> I haven’t made one personal insult in this discussion. You can’t say the same. You just proved my last post about flailing when basic facts wreck your opinion.

>

> I never changed my question. You are mixing me up with another poster. We always were talking about distance of Tour players. I never said it had to be someone who was already fit. More shoddy posting by you.

You have insulted quite a number of posters by saying things like you just said to me. "Shoddy", "Sloppy", "Baseless". So yes, you have insulted plenty of people. I honestly don't know how you have been tolerated by as many but I will admit, I get angry now and then especially when people like yourself don't shut up and spam the same stupid crap over over and over and over and over. I have little patience for consistently stupid people.

• Like 1

> @clevited said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @clevited said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> > > >

> > > > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

> > >

> > > I am sorry, have to break some of my own internet rules. You sir are an absolute moron. You have changed your question and evolved it more than a few times. First it was show proof of three players increasing distance from fitness. You did not say tour players and you did not say already fit players. You have since changed it to tour players and they have to already be fit.

> > >

> > > You have recieved quotes from players and coaches/trainers saying they have increased distance from their fitness programs. You have recieved proof in swing speeds increasing of more than a few players. You have dismissed it all as swing changes and you are now dismissing stuff by claiming its shafts changing. You also have a former professional player giving you his experience which you reject because YOU can't make sense of it via shot link stats.

> > >

> > > You have several people, some of which very knowledgeable about this exact thing against you yet you still think you are right. There are endless articles and studies on the subject that prove you are wrong. Btw, you never said it had to be proven via shot link stats, but you seem to have added that to the requirements of proof.

> > >

> > > You asked the question knowing full well you would evolve it or dismiss any proof as not proof. You have attempted to poke holes in every argument and act like you are so smart. You are an idiot! An absolute moron on this subject at the very least. I have come across a lot of idiots on here and elsewhere over the years but you my moronic friend take the cake. Do you realize how dumb your latest remark is? You don't because you think everything you say is so smart and amazing and you think your crap don't stink! You are the exact definition of a narcissist and no amount of proof will ever convince you.

> > >

> > > There I am done and feel a whole lot better. MY GOD!

> >

> > I haven’t made one personal insult in this discussion. You can’t say the same. You just proved my last post about flailing when basic facts wreck your opinion.

> >

> > I never changed my question. You are mixing me up with another poster. We always were talking about distance of Tour players. I never said it had to be someone who was already fit. More shoddy posting by you.

>

> You have insulted quite a number of posters by saying things like you just said to me. "Shoddy", "Sloppy", "Baseless". So yes, you have insulted plenty of people. I honestly don't know how you have been tolerated by as many but I will admit, I get angry now and then especially when people like yourself don't shut up and spam the same stupid crap over over and over and over and over. I have little patience for consistently stupid people.

I saw him mention in other threads that he is a 10+ handicap with a sub-100 swing speed. He’s trying to convince himself that fitness isn’t effective, not us. At this point it is more sad than it is funny or idiotic.

> @clevited said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @clevited said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> > > >

> > > > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

> > >

> > > I am sorry, have to break some of my own internet rules. You sir are an absolute moron. You have changed your question and evolved it more than a few times. First it was show proof of three players increasing distance from fitness. You did not say tour players and you did not say already fit players. You have since changed it to tour players and they have to already be fit.

> > >

> > > You have recieved quotes from players and coaches/trainers saying they have increased distance from their fitness programs. You have recieved proof in swing speeds increasing of more than a few players. You have dismissed it all as swing changes and you are now dismissing stuff by claiming its shafts changing. You also have a former professional player giving you his experience which you reject because YOU can't make sense of it via shot link stats.

> > >

> > > You have several people, some of which very knowledgeable about this exact thing against you yet you still think you are right. There are endless articles and studies on the subject that prove you are wrong. Btw, you never said it had to be proven via shot link stats, but you seem to have added that to the requirements of proof.

> > >

> > > You asked the question knowing full well you would evolve it or dismiss any proof as not proof. You have attempted to poke holes in every argument and act like you are so smart. You are an idiot! An absolute moron on this subject at the very least. I have come across a lot of idiots on here and elsewhere over the years but you my moronic friend take the cake. Do you realize how dumb your latest remark is? You don't because you think everything you say is so smart and amazing and you think your crap don't stink! You are the exact definition of a narcissist and no amount of proof will ever convince you.

> > >

> > > There I am done and feel a whole lot better. MY GOD!

> >

> > I haven’t made one personal insult in this discussion. You can’t say the same. You just proved my last post about flailing when basic facts wreck your opinion.

> >

> > I never changed my question. You are mixing me up with another poster. We always were talking about distance of Tour players. I never said it had to be someone who was already fit. More shoddy posting by you.

>

> You have insulted quite a number of posters by saying things like you just said to me. "Shoddy", "Sloppy", "Baseless". So yes, you have insulted plenty of people. I honestly don't know how you have been tolerated by as many but I will admit, I get angry now and then especially when people like yourself don't shut up and spam the same stupid crap over over and over and over and over. I have little patience for consistently stupid people.

I’ve commented on people’s arguments. I’ve never made a personal insult. You can’t seem to handle someone posting facts that make your argument look bad, so you resort to personal insults. Which you should know is a sign of a lost argument.

> @LICC said:

> > @clevited said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @clevited said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bigred90gt said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > And for a counter point. Rory hasn’t gained anything. He may have been faster as soft long haired Rory. And Phil gained speed and his dispersion went further south. So did he gain ? Not on the bottom line.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > I assume you glossed over this post, with a direct quote from Rory stating otherwise?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @oikos1 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > #3 Rory Mcilroy.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "If we then look at Mcilroy’s club head speed in 2009 we can see his average speed was 116.15mph, followed by 116mph in 2010. By 2012 his average club head speed had increased to 120.21mph. It is not unreasonable to assume this increase in speed is at least partially the result of the hard work Mcilroy has put in to the gym. In addition, multiple studies have investigated the effects of strength training on club head speed and found increases in the region 1.6-6.3% (1) which would correlate to what we have seen with Rory."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "I just have to say, look at who I was and where I was as a golfer in 2010. I started training in September 2010 and look at me now. Since I started training I’ve won four majors and got to world number one. So it can only help.” - Rory McIlroy

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Nah. I’m done. I’m going to the course to hit some high bombs and take some skin money.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > I know we disagree on the whole rollback thing, but I do respect your opinion. Don’t be like the other guy that won’t offer anything to support his position. The information is there, it’s indisputable (backed up by distance stats and a comment from Rory himself). How can someone say he did not gain distance from working out, when he states it and the stats support the timeline? If you have a counter to it, I’d love to hear it.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If you want to just make up your own distance stats you may have a point, but in reality Rory’s stats actually disprove your opinion.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > How so?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > His driving distances didn’t materially change. And the entire Tour’s club head speeds went up in those years you mention. Equipment technology kept advancing, especially with shafts.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Lol, so you think equipment gained 4mph clubhead speed? I’ve never mentioned distance in this part of the conversation, just speed. There is no equipment change he made that can account for 4moh speed. If you disagree, so me what changes were made. Otherwise, conceded it is correct.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You shouldn’t be so adamant in the face of failure:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > a2ynp1o11zxb.jpeg

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m talking specifically about Rory McIlroy from 2010 when he started his fitness regimen to 2012 when he gained 4mph clubhead speed that he himself attributes to the fitness regimen. Dispute it with evidence, or concede you are wrong.

> > > > >

> > > > > This whole discussion has been about distance. Which didn’t change for Rory. As for club head speed, the speed for the entire Tour went up. More proof of my assertion that equipment technology is the predominant reason for distance increases, not fitness.

> > > >

> > > > I am sorry, have to break some of my own internet rules. You sir are an absolute moron. You have changed your question and evolved it more than a few times. First it was show proof of three players increasing distance from fitness. You did not say tour players and you did not say already fit players. You have since changed it to tour players and they have to already be fit.

> > > >

> > > > You have recieved quotes from players and coaches/trainers saying they have increased distance from their fitness programs. You have recieved proof in swing speeds increasing of more than a few players. You have dismissed it all as swing changes and you are now dismissing stuff by claiming its shafts changing. You also have a former professional player giving you his experience which you reject because YOU can't make sense of it via shot link stats.

> > > >

> > > > You have several people, some of which very knowledgeable about this exact thing against you yet you still think you are right. There are endless articles and studies on the subject that prove you are wrong. Btw, you never said it had to be proven via shot link stats, but you seem to have added that to the requirements of proof.

> > > >

> > > > You asked the question knowing full well you would evolve it or dismiss any proof as not proof. You have attempted to poke holes in every argument and act like you are so smart. You are an idiot! An absolute moron on this subject at the very least. I have come across a lot of idiots on here and elsewhere over the years but you my moronic friend take the cake. Do you realize how dumb your latest remark is? You don't because you think everything you say is so smart and amazing and you think your crap don't stink! You are the exact definition of a narcissist and no amount of proof will ever convince you.

> > > >

> > > > There I am done and feel a whole lot better. MY GOD!

> > >

> > > I haven’t made one personal insult in this discussion. You can’t say the same. You just proved my last post about flailing when basic facts wreck your opinion.

> > >

> > > I never changed my question. You are mixing me up with another poster. We always were talking about distance of Tour players. I never said it had to be someone who was already fit. More shoddy posting by you.

> >

> > You have insulted quite a number of posters by saying things like you just said to me. "Shoddy", "Sloppy", "Baseless". So yes, you have insulted plenty of people. I honestly don't know how you have been tolerated by as many but I will admit, I get angry now and then especially when people like yourself don't shut up and spam the same stupid crap over over and over and over and over. I have little patience for consistently stupid people.

>

> I’ve commented on people’s arguments. I’ve never made a personal insult. You can’t seem to handle someone posting facts that make your argument look bad, so you resort to personal insults. Which you should know is a sign of a lost argument.

Whatever you want to say that makes you feel better about yourself bud. I got what I wanted to say off my chest, I feel so much better. Go ahead and keep your delusion going for all I care.

> @butterysnaphook said:

> Please, lord high-handicapper who doesn’t lift, tell us more about how something you have never done is ineffective even though it obviously is for anyone who has done it.

While we’re calling folks out for personal insults. I think we’ve heard enough of yours. First “ old people “ now “ high handicapper “ as if either has anything to do with a valid or invalid opinion. This isn’t twitter. I don’t think it’s customary to insult folks at will until after you’ve been here more than 5 minutes. May want to chill a little with the “ us and we” talk too. Unless you have a mouse in your pocket.

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @butterysnaphook said:

> > Please, lord high-handicapper who doesn’t lift, tell us more about how something you have never done is ineffective even though it obviously is for anyone who has done it.

>

> While we’re calling folks out for personal insults. I think we’ve heard enough of yours. First “ old people “ now “ high handicapper “ as if either has anything to do with a valid or invalid opinion. This isn’t twitter. I don’t think it’s customary to insult folks at will until after you’ve been here more than 5 minutes. May want to chill a little with the “ us and we” talk too. Unless you have a mouse in your pocket.

Why do you always chime in as if its your job to point out hypocrisy? Obviously everyone has insulted someone at some time on here. Please, Blade do me next, I want to hear your words of wisdom.

> @clevited said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @butterysnaphook said:

> > > Please, lord high-handicapper who doesn’t lift, tell us more about how something you have never done is ineffective even though it obviously is for anyone who has done it.

> >

> > While we’re calling folks out for personal insults. I think we’ve heard enough of yours. First “ old people “ now “ high handicapper “ as if either has anything to do with a valid or invalid opinion. This isn’t twitter. I don’t think it’s customary to insult folks at will until after you’ve been here more than 5 minutes. May want to chill a little with the “ us and we” talk too. Unless you have a mouse in your pocket.

>

> Why do you always chime in as if its your job to point out hypocrisy? Obviously everyone has insulted someone at some time on here. Please, Blade do me next, I want to hear your words of wisdom.

Lol. You guys kept this going. Remember when I said it takes two ? Don’t get your knickers in a twist now that’s it’s in the mud. Look back. Pages ago I tried to say it was enough.

I didn’t address you here. And I’d think you were above needing to take up for the guy parroting in the background like the little dog following the bulldog around. Some guy from out of the blue is going to roll in and throw insults unchecked ? Nah....

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @clevited said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @butterysnaphook said:

> > > Please, lord high-handicapper who doesn’t lift, tell us more about how something you have never done is ineffective even though it obviously is for anyone who has done it.

> >

> > While we’re calling folks out for personal insults. I think we’ve heard enough of yours. First “ old people “ now “ high handicapper “ as if either has anything to do with a valid or invalid opinion. This isn’t twitter. I don’t think it’s customary to insult folks at will until after you’ve been here more than 5 minutes. May want to chill a little with the “ us and we” talk too. Unless you have a mouse in your pocket.

>

> Why do you always chime in as if its your job to point out hypocrisy? Obviously everyone has insulted someone at some time on here. Please, Blade do me next, I want to hear your words of wisdom.

Now you are attacking someone for criticizing a poster making personal insults? Which only you and buttery have done. For your own good, stop being so sensitive over losing a debate