beruo's bag (LEFTY)

Geo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Beruo

Man I love your putter collection,

Way to go buddy and oh yes I love what you have in your bag.

Addam

Thank you Addam. I'm definitely needing to update the driver, but the way things are looking, I'll probably be into a whole new bag shortly. I'm just digging almost everything Ping has to offer. It'll take a lot to supplant the Srixons though.

Geo do you ever game your Mills??? Would you sell them?

Howdy Andy. I've gamed the carbon Klassic once or twice, and the stainless Klassic a good number of times--it was the go-to putter for a while. Right now, neither are in contention to make the bag, but I couldn't sell them. They are two of the nicest feeling putters I own. And while the distinction is almost meaningless, two of the few actual tour putters I have.

:hi:

• 3 weeks later...
Great set-up you have there beruo. So many putters...I love it. Makes me think I don't nearly have enough gear of my own. Next time I walk out of my local shop with too many goodies, and my credit card hemorrhaging...I'll just remember your WITB, and not feel too guilty. ;)

LaTeR...pHiL.

I guess we all have to have our "crash test dummy" examples to make us feel better about doing bad. I still use pitbull808 and JHR to help me rationalize my bad behavior. Fortunately, my putter fetish seems to have peaked, and I'm now on a downward trend as everything seems anticlimactic. BUT...I'm looking to replace every other club in the bag now. :man_in_love: I'm thinking a full bag of Pings to match the putter...gotta stimulate the economy and whatnot. :)

Great set-up you have there beruo. So many putters...I love it. Makes me think I don't nearly have enough gear of my own. Next time I walk out of my local shop with too many goodies, and my credit card hemorrhaging...I'll just remember your WITB, and not feel too guilty. :D

LaTeR...pHiL.

I guess we all have to have our "crash test dummy" examples to make us feel better about doing bad. I still use pitbull808 and JHR to help me rationalize my bad behavior. Fortunately, my putter fetish seems to have peaked, and I'm now on a downward trend as everything seems anticlimactic. BUT...I'm looking to replace every other club in the bag now. :rolleyes: I'm thinking a full bag of Pings to match the putter...gotta stimulate the economy and whatnot. :D

I think that's the perfect excuse I'll use when the next person questions my 2nd bag I'm putting together. If you need an excuse for "too many putters" by all means George...use me. ;)

Great set-up you have there beruo. So many putters...I love it. Makes me think I don't nearly have enough gear of my own. Next time I walk out of my local shop with too many goodies, and my credit card hemorrhaging...I'll just remember your WITB, and not feel too guilty. :D

LaTeR...pHiL.

I guess we all have to have our "crash test dummy" examples to make us feel better about doing bad. I still use pitbull808 and JHR to help me rationalize my bad behavior. Fortunately, my putter fetish seems to have peaked, and I'm now on a downward trend as everything seems anticlimactic. BUT...I'm looking to replace every other club in the bag now. :rolleyes: I'm thinking a full bag of Pings to match the putter...gotta stimulate the economy and whatnot. :D

I think that's the perfect excuse I'll use when the next person questions my 2nd bag I'm putting together. If you need an excuse for "too many putters" by all means George...use me. ;)

I would like to compliment you on a very impressive colection george, i was amazed going back through with all the new updates.

But i must take offfense to your throwing me into you illness, everyone knows i do not collect putters anymore! Haha, great stuff. And like Reid said, if you must , you may use me as an excuse as well.

I will give you one of the posts i got, u r sick man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Alrighty. I managed to switch about every club in my bag EXCEPT MY PRIMARY PUTTER!!! Nutso. Here's the record keeper post so I can keep track of major bag changes. New pics and whatnot coming shortly.

Here's my bag:

Taylormade 9° R5TP Tour with Vista Tour 60 Stiff

Sonartec 14° NP-99 with Acculaunch 80 X-Stiff

Sonartec 19° Md with iRod X-stiff

XXIO 3 and 4 irons with Nippon 950 Stiff

Srixon I-506 5-PW with Black Gold Stiff

Tuned by Carl custom ground Forged+ 53° and 58° S-400

Ping Wrx custom weighted Anser 4 at 33" and 350 grams

Driver: Not too terribly happy here, and the only club I'm actively looking to change, maybe just because it's long in the tooth and the shaft is a little on the harsh side, but not bad enough where I MUST go buy a new one. This has been trading time with my Hibore.

Fairway: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've always been happy with the way this club performs. Equally versatile from the tee and from the deck, easy to get up and the ball just don't wanna come down. Paired with the right shaft and this club is perfect.

Hybrid: The first hybrid that I've been fully been happy with. My two Sonartec clubs have been in the bag the longest and are the least likely to get changed out. This club is what I rely on most whenever the confidence starts lagging as I know it won't let me down. LOVE this club.

Irons: These are the best irons I've ever owned and have performed perfectly. I dropped the 3 and 4 in place of the XXIO's only because I haven't been playing as much in the last 2 months. Feel is pure, bag chatter is minimal, and looks are absolutely amazing.

Wedges: The Callaway Forged+'s lack the groove-tech of most current wedges, and these were dust collectors until Carl worked his magic. Now they're as versatile as one can hope. I'll occasionally go back and play some 588's, and even some CG12's, but until I get me some Chikara Design wedges, these are the gamers. (full thread with tons of pics HERE.)

Putter: OK, I've got a few pretty decent putters, but the one that I first LOVED was the Anser 4. Now the one that fits the bill the closest is the custom Anser 4 at 33" and tungsten weighted to 350 grams. (full thread with tons of pics HERE.)

Ball: SRIXON Z-URS!!! I friggin' love this ball. I find it to be the most durable of all the premium balls, and it fits my game better than any other by a good stretch.

Bag: OGIO Atlas. If I'm playing 9 holes, I'll sport the SunMountain Mini. But if I'm walking or riding 18, this bag holds all I'll need and more. Bag looks good and is built pretty well. Lots of design innovations separate this from most other cart bags IMO, some are just unnecessarily silly though.

Cart: clicgear. Went in thinking I'd go for the SunMountain, came out loving the clicgear. Folds/unfolds much more easily and more compact. The brake is superior and it seems slightly more durable/rugged/sturdy.

There. Got some pics up for the now, and while they're mostly recyled, they'll have to do until the snow melts.

Great looking bag George. The new irons are sweet! Best of luck reaching your handicap goal for the year. You certainly have the sticks to do so. If the ones in your main bag don't get the job done, then be sure to put in some of those extras LOL. Still the coolest driver cover out there. :)

Thanks, Will. Once I get stuff settled down, I think I'll be good. Only a couple question marks around the woods, but most of that has to do with them being untested. On paper, everything should work fine...and we all know how well paper translates to the course. :good:

The driver cover brings me mucho luck though. Between the flowered ball and the Pink Bunny, it's hard to get pissed off and take things too seriously. ;)

are you going to give the new srixon balls a shake?

...err that came out funny. you know what i mean.

Definitely. I got a couple tester sleeves a week ago and will give them a run either when the snow melts or they hit the store. My main complaint with the Z-URS is that dirt would get in the seem and make it look like it's time was done. So the seemless design should improve that. And the dimple configuration is a little more receptive to the flower mark. :D Hopefully the rest of the changes are equally good. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Some pretty big updates. All the current parts of the bag are current; just need to take some pics of the "whole." A good portion of the putters now shown. Currently waiting on another driver and fairway as well as some other goodies. I did get a new putter today that is CHOICE and has a legit shot at the top spot. Will update more in a bit. :hi:

Nice sticks, but I am especially jealous of your lefty putting collection! Unbelievable. How do you like those Scotty blades?

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Nice sticks, but I am especially jealous of your lefty putting collection! Unbelievable. How do you like those Scotty blades?

Thanks, PD. Believe it or not, the two Scotty blades are two that I dislike the most for the simple fact that I'm not "allowed" to play them. They look incredible, but if I were to ever hit a ball with them, they'd lose their collectibility...or so I'm told. :pardon: They do round out a pretty decent collection of lefty blades though.

Did anyone else notice his 3 wood is a demo?

Excellent detective work. :rolleyes: Was there a point to your question? Maybe an implication that my bag is less-than because there's a demo club in it? It wasn't something I was trying to hide. Lefty TISI Tec woods are hella hard to come by in good condition and still command a chunk of change as there's still a market for them. More importantly, I like it...which is why it's in my bag.

Anyway, where's your WITB thread? Can't seem to find it. :dntknw:

WOW.. Beruo you have a very nice setup! Putters are very nice.. VERY nice :) I really like that Nickel B60 5BZ, dont see that one too often.. the other ones are obviously nice.. i like that DASS Lefty you have.. I have some DASS in my WITB too, check it out..

Those Ping WRX'd sticks are $$$$ congrats.. very nice stuff.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

WOW.. Beruo you have a very nice setup! Putters are very nice.. VERY nice :) I really like that Nickel B60 5BZ, dont see that one too often.. the other ones are obviously nice.. i like that DASS Lefty you have.. I have some DASS in my WITB too, check it out..

Those Ping WRX'd sticks are $$$$ congrats.. very nice stuff.

Thanks Pure. High compliment coming from a guy whose own bag is so...um...well, pure. :D I've checked your thread many times, just a money setup of clubs I don't think I could touch...particularly the blades. Thanks again. :hi:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Call me crazy, but i think that lefty modified bronze BEM would look pretty cool and fit in nicely w/ your TP Mills ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Very nice setup & fantastic putter collection!

Thanks much W8. I'm really digging the bag right now--best it's ever been. Might could use a new fairway, and I actually have a new putter in the works that has the first best legit shot at dethroning the Anser 4. So I'm really excited about that. But yeah--life is good. :D Thanks again. :hi:

Selling any putters?

Alas, no. The few putters that find their way permanently out of favor go to either a friend or a high school on the West Siiide (represent). As crappy as my putting is, I need all the good juju I can get. :D

That is one crazappy bag!

It's definitely got that upstate prison flavor that'll make your feet stank. :lol:

(dammit! can't embed the link--either way:

)

Call me crazy, but i think that lefty modified bronze BEM would look pretty cool and fit in nicely w/ your TP Mills ;)

You're crazy. :no2:

The lefty modified copper BEM on Jimmy's site is the one I've been eye-humping. :friends:

You need a ping pal to round out that collection.Care for an ISI driver to complete that wood collection?

I'm not sure why, but I've never really liked the bronze putters though to be fair, I've never given them a fair shake. And right now, I'm trying my best to not accumulate more stuff to collect dust. That said, I'm going to have to think on the driver. Not sure how relevant it is in today's world. But that's exactly what I thought before I got the fairway.