SuperStroke WristLock???

Mclancy94

I ordered mine yesterday. I am not a "jump the gun" kind of shopper but this was too interesting to pass up. I wanted to try Arm Lock putting but love my Spider Tour, when I found out this grip is installed on your flat stick as is I knew I had to get one. I too am excited to see if it provides just that little more stability for me, putting is the weakest (most inconsistent) part of my game, I hope this will help to get me back down around a 3! @Aucaveman was it difficult to line up the grip correctly for installing?

Love it. @getitdaily, I look forward to the results! I am a proud owner of a Spider Tour Red Double Bend with sight line, I play around with conventional to claw/pencil grip throughout the year so I am hoping this grip locks that left wrist in place and I can continue use either grip and putt effectively. I have watched a lot of footage on Webb Simpson and his putting improvement after he discovered the arm lock + claw combo so full disclosure, that's what I am going for here...

Exactly, I have used the golf ball drill for a while, popping a golf ball between my left wrist and the butt of the putter to feel that stability, very similar to the old wallet. The other selling point SS had me at was that it doesn't require you to add length/loft in order to use it. If it doesn't work pull it and pop your old grip.

I will be providing feedback too when mine comes in...my feedback will be feel driven while putting around my basement so I look forward to numbers from SAM Lab to support the findings one way or another!

I'd love to review it outside but I am currently looking out the window to snowflakes here in Buffalo, NY...

No, it’s was easy as any other grip I’ve done. Honestly, I’m not loving the results so far. I actually put the putter in timeout today on #10. Can’t say if it’s the grip or the putter but I’ve tried a bunch of different styles and nothing is working. Lhl, claw, pencil, and basically just arm locking it and nothing is working. But I also prefer a very light putter and bought a new mizuno a couple weeks ago and always thought it felt heavy. Even with the lightest weights. I was using it without any weights at all and liked it better. I may give that a go in the morning. I’ll keep you guys informed.

This grip is totally perplexing to me. I can’t find a position that’s comfortable. I really want to like it, and I’ve been an arm locker for a year so I’m used to a locked in stroke, but I’m really on the fence on this one.

I think it’s going to be a love it or hate it thing depending on the person. For me, the part that bulges at the top is neither long enough nor does it stick out far enough.

I definitely agree that the bulge needs to be bigger. To lock it against the wrist, it makes the putter look delofted and to me closed. You also would have to play it pretty far forward in your stance to not deloft it. I built the bulge up about 1/2 an inch. Played around with it some and it def rolls the ball better and doesn’t put me in an awkward feeling position. I’m about to play and I’ll see how it does. Not sure about the rules. I don’t really care being I don’t play in sanctioned events.

I Cut A piece off a rubber blanket that I use at work. I taped it to the grip with painters tape so as not to screw up the grip. Then wrapped black vinyl electrical tape over the painters tape. You may could just a tennis racquet tape wrap. Not sure but it’s fairly thick and cheap. It doesn’t look great, but if it works I’ll work on a more permanent solution.

That’s great! Thanks @Aucaveman!! Looking forward to play around with mine when it gets here on Tuesday. Reading your review thus far, since I already have a pretty forward ball position (left eye dominant) I’m thinking it may work out as is for me. If not, I have a mod in my back pocket thanks to you!
Good luck everyone!

I wonder what this grip will spawn...

I can envision a claw type grip with a big bulge for the right hand...kind of like having a tennis ball sized bulge so the right palm just stays on the bulge thereby reducing the right hand's impact of the stroke while allowing a more solid feeling right hand grip. I bet this grip starts a big "innovation " in grip designs.

Hope you're all having better luck getting your shipments than I am. Grip is hung up in MI still. One week the grip made it from Wixom, MI to Pontiac, MI with no accurate delivery date to be found. Anyone else receive their grip yet? Looking for more pics of the grip installed on different putters. If so, please share photos! Be well!

I have a tracking number, USPS had Est. Delivery by 5/12 but the tracker history showed it going from Wixom to Pontiac. It arrived in Pontiac, MI yesterday (5/12) but now there is no estimated date so it has to get from Pontiac, MI to Buffalo, NY who knows how long that'll take.

My brother said patience is a virtue in these times though, he's awaiting a Toulon putter from a Seller too, it's hung up in transit somewhere.

Sending good vibes...