SuperStroke WristLock???

Mclancy94

I received my wristlock grip today and for it to anchor to my wrist the putter head ends up angled quite a bit to the right (huge forward press) of my normal setup and I would have to add quite a bit of loft to the putter. I also agree with you in this thread that the wristlock part of the grip should be on top of the putter shaft to allow me to use the same length shaft. In my opinion, the concept is great, but the changes I would need to see is a larger wristlock part of the grip with more bulk extending to the left (for right handed player) allowing me to hold my natural wrist position and still lock my wrist to the putter and have the wristlock sit on top of the putter.

After having mine on my Spider for almost a week (practice limited to my basement still) but after a lot of tinkering with hand placement I found that holding the nub in my top hand using the claw grip, my stroke feels stable and consistent which is what I was looking for!

I know that's not what SS was looking for but I hope it'll get the job done. If not I think the SS Claw grip will be next on the trial list!

I really look forward to reading about how everyone decides to play this grip (if at all).

A couple of things I discovered.

My putter would be too short if I just installed the grip. The shaft goes all the way to the end of the grip, but now the top of the grip is supposed to go into my wrist instead of just out of my hands. May 2-3 inches. So I need to extend the shaft of my putter by that long first, or else I end up using a putter that changes my position quite a bit.I would have to have a huge forward press for the taper to actually touch my wrist, So I would need to bend the hosel of my putter to add 4 or 5 degrees of loft. 2a. Or I would need to build up the tapered portion of the grip by 3/4" to actually reach my wrist in a normal position.

2b. Or I could install a shaft extension that is bent towards my wrist, but I imagine that is not legal.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Mine gets here today.

Been waiting on it to regrip a new spider tour. I wondered, and asked, about putter length. SS themselves said it goes straight on. I was skeptical since the core goes all the way up to the butt end of the grip.

I use a pretty big forward press, or at least prefer to have my hands well ahead of the ball. So this grip may fit me perfectly. I have been tinkering with that new spider, it's 34.5 and I play putters at 33. I have been putting an old wallet at the top of the grip and locking it onto my lead wrist. That tinkering shows promise so I'm hopeful the grip will work the same.

I intend to get on SAM puttlab this week with my old spider at 33 and the new spider with the wristlock. I'll update with SAM results..

Do NOT just straight up install this shaft. It will be TOO short and will change your arms, knees or back position since you are now gripping further down, how much you grip down will be different for each person.

Unless you play with an arm lock, this amount of forward press will feel strange.

The taper at the end of the grip is not much. The main part of the grip is just under 1 inch wide. At the top of the taper it is 1 3/8" wide. The maximum width for a grip for a putter is 1 3/4" wide. I would need at least another almost 3/4" in width for it to hit my wrist. Forward pressing by roughly 5* still leaves roughly another 1/4' to 3/8" gap before hitting my wrist.

I may try some tennis grip wrap, just to try and take the top of the taper part all the way up to the maximum 1 3/4" allowed, and see how close it gets to actually hitting my wrist without having a crazy forward press. SuperStroke Introduces the WristLock Putter Grip - SuperStrokeWatching this video, apparently I putt in a horrible position, I am not sure i want to change what is comfortable, but maybe I do need a bit of change. Also I notice he is using the EVNROLL trainer with the huge offset, that I would bet dollars to pesos they bent for him.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Pause the video when he's at address with his normal putter, and then again when he's at address with the putter with the Wrist Lock grip installed. He's clearly forward pressing more with the Wrist Lock grip. The putter with the Wrist Lock grip, as noted above, is an EnvRoll with a huge amount of offset, which is similar to the Odyssey arm lock putters that have a huge amount of offset.

https://imgur.com/SPBZ9bX

https://imgur.com/lZ8Qr2i

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

I noticed the EVNROLL putter too...it looked like his putter is a spider but he wasn't putting with the Wrist Lock on the spider.

I used to have a Flatso 2.0 on my Spider and the thickness of the thickest part of the Wrist Lock was the same thickness (or very close to) the thickness of the Flatso 2.0.

Pretty bummed about how it worked out but I guess that's what we call rub of the green...

Rub of the green from which there will not be a magical putting grip fix giving the rise to tour sauce from the strapped hackers everywhere.

Grip came. I do think it'll work for how I address and putt. I can see the grip being really good for lhl guys. Keep the bulge on the lead hand side, grip the trail hand with fingers around the bulge, and rest the lead wrist on your fingers. Locks things in pretty well.

I can confirm that you need 1.5 to 2 inches more than what length you play for this grip. My new spider is 34.5 and I play putters at 33 so it appears the grip will go straight on. Putting this grip on your current putter will make you grip down the shaft 1.5-2 inches more than you do now.

• Like 1

Big Randy is the best part of any video he is in.

Have you tried the mental miss?

My grip arrived today and I installed it on my X5 Dual Balance which plays 38”. For the last year I’ve been using a left hand low but my left hand is in a claw position and I anchor the shaft in my left forearm. The wrist lock actually makes this position much more comfortable and I don’t need to use as much of a forward press. Playing with it tomorrow so I’ll report back.

whole season is awesome, but in this episode that is narrated by Randy he explains the mental miss at roughly 10:40 in while they are at the bar/hotel.

Yeah, I just found them this year and started in on strapped and Tourist Sauce. I discovered they were in Scotland at the same time I was in 2018. I started in Dornoch and went down to St. Andrews. And they started down "south" and finished up at Dornoch.

The Ireland season is the reason I am trying to get some of my buddies together for a Ireland trip next year or the year after. Ireland isn't cheap and some of my friends aren't very good at budgeting which is a problem.

Thanks be to Donald.

Well, idk what's going on with club champion, but doesn't look like I'm going to get SAM puttlab data on this grip. Scheduled a session for today and the guy at CC told me I could only putt with 1 of my spiders, that if I wanted to compare the two then I'd have to pay for 2 sessions. Very odd and very different than the other 2 or 3 times I've gone there to compare putters on SAM.

Grip is on and I'll agree with others, the bulge isn't quite big enough. Need to putt with it more to see if it does anything special. Not sure I like the grip shape under the bulge either.

Got out and putted a bit with both my spiders. There's absolutely nothing special about this wristlock grip...nothing. I forward press a lot and i still don't get solid wrist contact with the grip. The only thing about this grip is the shape below the bulge. It has a flat cat shape and feel to it. Other than that...nothing special.

Today I used it for the first time on a real practice green and I love it even more. Like previously mentioned I used a pencil grip with a forward press and this grip is amazing for that setup. I thought I would have an issue with lag putts but that seemed to be my strongest part today.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

Mine came in Friday, I didn't even take it out of the plastic, not sure this grip works for me, just really changes the way I grip the putter.

Titleist TSR 3 9.0 Ventus TR Black 6S
Titleist TSI 3 15 Ventus Velocore black 7S
Titleist TSI 19 Ventus Velocore 85X
Titleist T100s 5-P Modus 105
Tileist T100s 49 SM8 5812
2020 Scotty Cameron NP2 LaGolf

2022 Scotty Cameron X 7.5 Stability Tour
Titleist Pro V1X
Dos Equis Lager
Balls deep, Boom

It does. But don't discount it so quickly. My initial impressions weren't positive but I put it in play yesterday just to see...I had tested it on the practice green a bunch a few days ago and yesterday before my round. It didn't do anything spectacularly different than a standard SS grip. But after yesterday's round, I'll keep it for a bit more. I like the flat cat shaping. I feel like it helps me keep the hands square through the stroke. The bulge part doesnt really do anything...

How are you gripping it? Claw/pencil? Are you getting the contour up into your wrist or more into your palm/pads of your left hand?

I have been playing around with mine, still haven’t been out for a round but working on the stroke and it is quite comfortable with the contour in the pads of my left hand with a pencil grip. I wasn’t able to get the contour up into my wrist.