Stitch SL2 Golf Bag

When the Stitch SL1 bag was released a few years ago, I thought it was a very attractive bag. I was looking for a slimmer bag and I thought this might be the one until I saw one in person. The size of the top opening and the fact that it had only one divider put me off. I thought it might be a breeding ground for club tangle, especially since I had a Fatso grip on my putter. Then along came the SL2, after I had purchased a new Ping Hoofer. The new opening had a 4 way divider and appeared more accommodating to a full set of 14 clubs. However, I have not seen one in person. I have also not seen a full review of the latest version of the SL2, which is now available on the Stitch website. Does anyone on our forum have the new version? If so, would you please post a review?

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G410 19, 22, and 26 degree hybrids
G25 6 - UW
Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 56.14
SC Futura X 33 "

Interested in this as well. The bag looks amazingly sleek, though for the price it's a bit steep. That said, I came here to start this same post haha.

Questions: how is the water bottle pocket? It has it showing a Swell-like bottle which is pretty slim, and its the same pocket area where balls go. How does something like a Gatorade bottle fit there?

Another question: what are you doing with the rangefinder? I've found a dedicated rangefinder pocket immensely useful, and while I suppose it would be easy enough to go to a clip bag thing, still isn't nearly as slick.

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6s - TBD upgrade

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7s - TBD upgrade

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4, CB 5-10 DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54S/60S DG S300

TaylorMade Spider X

Mine is on its way, will post pics and review when I get it. I walk 95% of my rounds, and use a ping crazy lite currently. Also have a k1-lo that I like a lot.

WITB

Titleist TSR3 - Tensei Blue

Sim 2 18 degree, Ventus TR Blue

QI 10 4 hybrid, Ventus TR Blue

P770 5-AW Dart 

S159 53 and 58 (E Grind)

Ping Anser PLD

2024 TP5X

Bag - Hoofer Craz-e Lite/TM Flex Tech Lite

Great. I look forward to reading your review. I am especially interested in how well the clubs fit; that is, is there enough room to put in and take out 14 clubs? Is there much club tangle, etc.

• Like 1

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

Also very much looking forward to your review. If you have the ability to weigh the empty bag when it comes in that would be great.

I have one of the “resort” color SL1’s from about a year ago that I haven’t actually used yet. I put it on a small digital scale last week without the rain hood and to my surprise found it to check out at 4lbs, 11oz. That’s a far cry from their advertised 57oz.

Am curious as to how the SL2 measures up. I actually think the SL1 has plenty of space for me but the strap really lacks comfort.

I've had the bag for a few months. The teeth in the zipper pulled on both sides of the bag in the first few days while the pockets were empty. They haven't sat right since and I won't even use one side of the bag now. Despite my contact with Stitch, they have refused to fix or replace it. I got it on Ebay from a guy who won it in an outing. He never used it and it came with tags still on and in plastic wrap in the box. They offered an SL-1 if I returned the bag. Customer service claims they'll call back and it takes weeks, if they do, and won't until I email them. I own a few pieces of clothing, head covers and this bag. I was a fairly loyal customer. With this treatment, I won't be buying from them again and I think others should hesitate as well. Feel free to PM me if you'd like anymore info.

• Thanks 1

I got my first round with it today and i love it so far. Coming from a SL1 this is more conformable with the double straps for me. I wish the valuables pocket and water bottle pockets were a little bigger though. I like divider at the top of the bag better than the SL1 but that is just personal preference. I had no issues with my SL1 and they are really two great bags in my opinion.

Sorry to hear about your issues and surprised they are not more willing to help you out.

BAUSX06RTN14.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Will weigh it when it comes in @Herm33. Many brands post weights for bags without the straps...don’t know why they do that.

WITB

P770 5-AW Dart 

S159 53 and 58 (E Grind)

Ping Anser PLD

2024 TP5X

Thank you for your comments. Was it easy or diificult to put in or take out your clubs while playing? My biggest concern about this bag is whether it can hold 14 clubs comfortably. I have been using Ping Hoofers for several years. With that bag, there is occassionaly club tangle, although it is not bad. I have not seen the SL2 in the flesh so I have no way of judging. Also, is the top opening of the SL2 larger that that of the SL1?

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

Super easy to pull clubs out and really no tangle. That was one of the reasons why i moved to this over the SL1 well that and the double strap. Yes it is a little bigger which i was a little upset b/c the rain hood on the SL2 is a cheap black one. Really wish it was like the one that comes with the SL1 and made out of the same material as the bag.

This was what I was looking for. It is such a good looking bag but, very expensive. I didn't wish to make that kind of investment only to discover club tangle would be an issue and, consequently, cause a severe case of buyer's remorse. Thanks!

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "

• 2 weeks later...

B086AOIYQ18C.jpegMine came today. Will post a full review when I get it on grass. Tomorrow hopefully.

• Like 1

WITB

P770 5-AW Dart 

S159 53 and 58 (E Grind)

Ping Anser PLD

2024 TP5X

@goheels11 awesome, thanks!
personal questions I have:
how is the water bottle holder? Can it hold a swell or a Gatorade and easy to get in and out? And does it hold it well during walking and when the bag is down?
what is the club setup and talk tangle?
how did you arrange your accessories? I’m talking rangefinder, balls, tees, glove, extra clothes. Did you find you needed or wished for more pockets or space?
how does the weight stack up to something else you’ve used? And do the straps lend well to casual carrying (1 shoulder) and longer carrying (2 shoulders) without much hassle?
most important: more pics?? Enjoy the bag!
  • Like 1

TaylorMade Spider X

Water bottle pocket: Tight. If you have anything more than a few balls in the pocket under it, will be hard to fit anything in it. I tried to put a camelbak squeeze bottle in there and it was a no go.

Club setup/tangle: No issues with a full 14 club bag for me

Accessories: I keep it pretty minimal. 5 or 6 balls in the left side pocket, rangefinder in there too. Use a valuables pouch for tees and ball marker and keep that on the right side pocket. Wallet/phone/keys in the little pocket at the top. Towel wrapped around clubs. No extra clothes/gear.

Weight: Don't have a scale but subjectively much lighter than the >5 year old Titleist bag I switched from

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@ND2005 well, not gonna lie, kinda disappointing to hear.
the water bottle alone I could figure out, but the pockets being so small with balls, range finder, etc.. makes me worry a bit about using it as a one bag fits all scenario like I use my SM 4.5 currently. Love that bag, but I've been looking for a slightly lighter (and frankly cooler looking) bag to consider replacing it.
Guess I'm back to looking at the vessel lite.

TaylorMade Spider X

The ball pocket could easily hold more, I intentionally kept it to a minimum so it would be light. There is room in there for a windbreaker/jacket.

But it is definitely a minimalist bag.

I would say this bag was love at first sight from a style perspective, but the size/storage restrictions and the build quality issues (I've got one zipper on the fritz already after only a few months) are limiting.

If you want a "cool" looking bag that is a little more practical I'd recommend the Titleist Linksmaster.

One round in the books. Will give it a 1-10 ranking on a few topics IMHO Everyone is different so take it for what it’s worth. Walked 18 with it in right at 3 hours

Style - 9

really like the finish and looks of the bag. Material says quality. Looked awesome across the green.

Balance - 9

Had absolutely no issues. Many bags feel like the club head side is too heavy, but this was very balanced all day. No leg droop

Straps - 8

adequate and comfortable. Better than their old SL1’s for sure. I had no shoulder fatigue after the round, but I do walk almost every round.

Club tangle - 7

I carried 14 clubs today. No real issues, had to stand the bag upright a time or 2 to get the club all the way to the base. Better than the ping craz e lite that I was using before. With headcovers, the top of the bag is crowded. A bit annoying but nothing serious.

Storage -5

Clearly not with this bag was designed for, I carried six golf balls, a bottle of water a handful of tees and three gloves. I took the rain cover out, and stitch with smart that they made this rain cover a thin nylon similar to others versus the old version that was bulky. I do miss a Velcro attachment for my glove, but that’s no big deal. I rotate between putting the rangefinder in the pocket with the balls, or using the magnetic sleeve and attaching it to one of my irons. The water bottle does in French on the ball pocket a bit, but I had no issues getting a rangefinder in and out. The larger pocket could hold a light jacket with no issues. Not quite sure how I want to organize ball markers and tees etc. I may just use a very small valuables pouch for them in the larger compartment. This is not a bag would want to use if you wanted to make sure you had everything you could possibly need for a tournament round of golf, rain suit, rain gloves, other necessities etc.

Hope this helps. Overall, I have no buyers remorse, and I often do with golf bag purchases. Let me know of any specific questions you may have.

RC816JI7I4MZ.jpeg

NYRZUU4DYGXT.jpeg

AAVZXKP7AACB.jpeg

XGBDDPH5XQYS.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WITB

P770 5-AW Dart 

S159 53 and 58 (E Grind)

Ping Anser PLD

2024 TP5X

Still poor design when the obvious ball pocket can’t be used for balls. The bigger pocket is also not ideal for golf ball storage, you have to unzip that whole long zipper to get to the balls.

I now have the stitch SL2 and Linksmaster both in hand and for a premium lightweight bag it is just no contest. The Linksmaster is equally as impressive from a style perspective (possibly even more classy looking), and so much more practically designed.

I just received my SL2 yesterday, moving over from a 5-year-old Titleist lightweight stand bag. I have not had it on the course yet, but I agree with what @goheels11 had to say. It's the best looking bag I have ever seen and very light (the weight was one thing that gave me pause on the Linkmaster from Titleist - I liked the member's bag from that line). I elected to put my club logo on the ingot.
It's a REALLY tight bag from a storage perspective, so if you want to bring the kitchen sink, it's a hard pass on this bag. In fact, I would think if you carry more than a sleeve or two of balls you may want to look elsewhere. I tossed my range finder in the valuables pouch, but may move it down to the "ball" pouch. I wonder if you could shove a metal rod into the pen holder and use that with a magnetic range finder to just keep it on the outside of the bag.
I'm going to have to get a few pouches or things to organize tees, ball markers, etc.
I purchased some of the stitch leather and knit headcovers and they are really nice - love them.

Has anyone been able to put an empty SL2 on a scale yet? After recently weighing my resort SL1 (with strap on, no rainhood on) on a digital/kitchen type scale and having it come in at 75 oz (not their advertised 57 oz) I'm very interested to try and verify the true weight. In the market for something more minimalist in nature. Trying to carry a little more often than using the push cart and when I do I'll usually cut it down to about 10-11 clubs, so pocket space wouldn't be a huge issue.

Also, ND2005, I really appreciate the full review on this bag versus the Titleist Linksmaster, very much appreciated!

I still haven't had my issue resolved, but thought I'd provide an unbiased review since I've been walking with the bag now that courses are allowing play in NY.

Style: A. coming from a Vessel and Sun Mountain previously, I love the way the bag looks and its staying clean (white color way). Carry Experience: B. Well balanced and comfortable. Carries lighter than it probably is due to the balance of the straps. Legs work well and I very rarely have the legs get caught up while deploying or when I pick it up. They could be a bit faster releasing and returning. With the tight pockets, They could have a quick release area for laser/balls/tees to at least keep the two large zipper sections a bit more tidy. As of now, I have two pouches holding things in the zipper sections. Club Tangle: B+. 14 clubs, mid size grips. Oversized putter grip. Solidly done. Storage/Functionality: C-. Zipper broke first day on left side of the bag. It is pulled and doesn't lay flush. If you use a slender water bottle and store it (left side), the compartment becomes useless and won't zip. Valuables pouch is a bit small and tight. The large compartment on the right had its zipper break within a week of the other zipper. If it has minimal items inside it, I can occasionally get it to zip up flush and its the only section I currently use on the bag. Customer Service: F-. They offered me an SL-1 which I heard is smaller and would be useless to me considering the SL-2 is already limited in its functionality. Overall, I have multiple head covers, sweaters and polos from Stitch. Sweaters fit great. Polos are oversized, especially compared to the fit on the sweaters. The knit head covers are really nice. I probably would be a fan of the company, but unless they step up in the customer service department, they won't get another dime of my business and I'll tell anybody who asks that you can't spend money on higher end luxury items and get treated like garbage in return. It is not how you build a brand or loyalty.

With that being said, the review above is as unbiased as it gets. The bag, minus the zippers, is better than the Vessel. I'd think twice if I was you about purchasing one, however, because they do not stand behind products.

I appreciate your comments and, especially, the report regarding their customer service. My family owned retail businesses in another industry for over 80 years. I ran them for 30 years before I sold them in 2012. I can tell you that one of the chief reasons we did well was because of the service we provided our customers. I live in what is considered a rural community. And our stores were in similar towns. If we weren't responsive to our customers' needs, word of it would have spread like wildfire. Sometimes, taking care of our customers cost us some money but, one's reputation is everything and should be protected like gold. Stitch should have shipped you a new 2020 SL2 bag as soon as you reported the zipper failure. You would have been a customer for life. As it is, you are passing on the bad experience you had. It may cause me and others to think twice before we purchase a very expensive but stylish bag. We might say to ourselves, "Gosh, if they treated this fellow so poorly, they may do likewise with me."

A few years ago, I purchased a pair of FootJoy DNA shoes. There was a problem with the cleats. I called their customer service number, told their rep my problem, and she said they would send some new cleats to me as well as a tool to remove the old ones and put in the new cleats. A few days later, I received enough new cleats for 4 shoes nestled in a velvet bag along with the tool. I was a happy camper. FootJoy used that problem as an opportunity to make a life long customer. That was smart business. I've worn FootJoy ever since. A good businessman uses a customer problem as an oportunity to not only make a customer for life but, to buy good word of mouth publicity. It may cost a little up front to replace a bag but, the reputation gained by taking care of one's customer buys an unimaginable amount of goodwill which, in return, becomes future sales and revenue for the company.

I am not crossing off Stitch just yet. However, I am chastened. I would love to hear from other Stitch SL2 owners.

• Like 1

G410 Plus 10.5
X2 Hot 3 Wood
X2 Hot 5 Wood
G25 6 - UW
SC Futura X 33 "