What's the Strongest Part of your game?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best part of my game recently (the last couple of months of the season, which is basically now over where I live) was my driving. I learned how to hit the shots I wanted to hit and learned how to hit fairways. I stopped being nervous on the first tee and started booming them out there without as much mental or physical effort.

The worst part of my game is iron play by far. I don't hit many GIR (maybe 4-5 per 18 holes) even though I often have approach shots from the fairway from 130-170 out.

I can chip and putt fairly well and that is where I focus 75% of my practice. When I am confident in my putting I can get up and down for par fairly frequently. If my putting is not on I basically play bogey golf. Fairway, miss the green, pitch on, two putts. Those rounds get old very fast!

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

My strength would deff. have to be my Driving Accuracy, I once (in a tourney) hit 13 of 14 fairways. My second strength would have to be putting and short game,11 putts for 9holes and 9 up and downs for 18 holes are my lowest. My weakness is what kills me,my distance. Being 16 and 5'1 I only hit my Driver 210-225,6iron 135 and pwedge 100

Nike Vr Tour 9.5. GD AD-DI 6S
Nike Dymo 15. BB 63S. Nike SQ2 19.UST V2
Nike Vr Forged SC 5-P. KBS Tour
Nike Vr Pro 50, 54. DG S400
Scratch Forged 58 GR8 grind. KBS Tour
Nike Method MCi3. Iomic White Midsize

I am a very strong ball striker. I am long off of the tee, i usually hit about 8-10 fairways a round but when your pumping them out there the few fairways i miss i still dont have more than a 8 iron into greens.

As i said i am a strong ball stiker. I can stripe my long iron high,straight and far. probably why i like my 2 iron. Its not unusual for me to go out and hit 16 of 18 greens in a round. today i played 9 holes hit 9 of 9 greens and shot 2 under.

my short game need some work. Its very solid but it needs to improve for me to be able to shoot the scores needed when the pressure is on.

I have really begun to hone in my wedge game and can consistently stick shots to 15 ft and in...by next spring it should inprove to 10 and in(IT BETTER!!!!)

My Bunker play is VERY strong i can do anything i want out of bunkers.... i actually love being short sided bc i can throw bunker shots straight up into the air and stop them on a dime.

DaN "goose" :drinks:

Dan, come to the Champions Golf Academy and short-side yourself in one of our bunkers...

I swear to god it's impossible to stop a SM Vokey from 100 yards out. Everything rolls out, and the greens roll at about a 13.

We have a bunker/pin set-up where the green runs away from you and the pin is like 9 feet off the green. The worst part is that most lies in the bunker are on a downhill slope.

To get the ball within ten feet of the pin you need to play a stupid, stupid high shot (downhill lie...) that lands JUST over the lip of the bunker, we're talking inches, rolls through the fringe and if you have enough initial spin on it.. it may stop 10 feet past the pin. It's like putting on a driveway.

The greens are dormant because the Academy elects to not have them overseeded (mainly because they enjoy watching us students fail miserably).

Since the greens started to die I've had to rethink the most basic bump and runs, because if my ball doesn't stop in a flat portion of the green (or the hole) it will run off the green. I've had PUTTS (putts!) power-lip out of a hole and end up in a bunker.

I only hit my Driver 210-225

Did you think about working your forearms? I used to be the shortest hitter in my group but not anymore. I got the idea when Ken Venturi said to be a "hands and hips player".

My coach is setting up a workout routine to build up my body

Nike Vr Tour 9.5. GD AD-DI 6S
Nike Dymo 15. BB 63S. Nike SQ2 19.UST V2
Nike Vr Forged SC 5-P. KBS Tour
Nike Vr Pro 50, 54. DG S400
Scratch Forged 58 GR8 grind. KBS Tour
Nike Method MCi3. Iomic White Midsize

Putting is usually pretty solid and since I decided to put the GSS Tour Cameron in the bag a few weeks ago it is consistently getting better. The bad thing is the rest of my game has gone straight down the pooper, but I attribute alot of that to the HO in me. I have finally settled on the clubs I will be using and am gonna dedicate some additional time to rebuild my game and hopefully see some better scores soon.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

• 2 weeks later...

My driver is very consistent. I never really find myself in the rough that often unless it just rolls through the fairways. Ofcourse im not very long (about 230 yards off the tee)

My 3 wood and 4 hybrid i hit very consistently witht he occasional hooks.

My ball striking is okay. With my shorter irons i can garuntee a shot within 20 ft of the pin which is good for me.

My wedges are very conistent and my short game is very strong. I make up and downs often on the round.

Not guna say anything about my putting except that i still get like 35 putts on my HOME COURSE. My coach ttells me im the worlds worst putter and i agree with him.

When my putting is on, il be posting low scores (70-75) but when my putting is off your talking about low 80s.

for me its my iron/wedge play. I have a very descending swing and I get over the ball. So I make very good contact with my irons/wedges but i fail with the driver miserably :( My short game is pretty good, it doesn't hurt me, but it doesn't save me from everywhere. It all averages out to about a 4.5 handicap so i can't complain :)

for me its my iron/wedge play. I have a very descending swing and I get over the ball. So I make very good contact with my irons/wedges but i fail with the driver miserably :( My short game is pretty good, it doesn't hurt me, but it doesn't save me from everywhere. It all averages out to about a 4.5 handicap so i can't complain :)

I'm guessing you hit some high spinning shots with the driver? I had the same problem. Trust me when I say when you decide to change how you come through the ball your scores will improve greatly.

[sign here]

The strongest part of my game without a doubt is my iron play.

The weakest/most inconsistent part of my game is driving.

[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade R9 10.5* Diamana Kai'li [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade R9 17* Diamana Kai'li[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Callaway FT 21* Diamana Thump[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Mizuno MP-52 5-PW Project X[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Vokey SM 52, 56, 60, 64 KBS Tour[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Bettinardi SB-1[/font][/size][/color]

my game has changed ALOT over the past 3 months im now starting to like my game a little i have found the problem with my game and working on it i now like my driving accuracy and iron accuracy not so much distance but its improving gotta start working on flexability and strength my chipping and putting is about 6/10 but got to have more variaty when practicing my bunker play is ok now i have been working on it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strongest part would be short game and the part i would like to improve is consistency with the driver

Titleist 913 D2 9.5 - RIP 60X
Titleist 909F 13* - V2 75S
Titleist 909H 21* - V2 90S
Nike VR Pro Combo 4-pw - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM5 50* 54* 58* - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5 - 34"

The strength in my game has to be my distance and chipping. But I can't hit fairways which leaves me that 150 yard second shot instead of 130 or 120 and it bugs me because during christmas break I figured out my driver and on a Par 5 530 hit it 303 next hole par 4 420 hit it 290 and it stayed like that the rest of our vaction and then my good ole slice came back a week later

im a good short iron and wedge player, but VERY erratic with the driver. long, but erratic. blame it on the course i grew up playing. could spray it any where off the tee, but approach shots to postage stamp size greens that were mounded. now the course im playing is short but trouble every where off the tee. usually hit long irons just to keep it in play, except for the par 5's.