2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Adidas Tour 360 XT Sole Plate Split

Exactly the same issue with several different Adidas golf shoes including the 360 XT spikeless. One pair was sent back to Adidas as a defect and they replaced them, but the others are likely due to me rolling onto the outside of my left foot - mostly at the driving range where the mats tend to grab the shoe more than grass on the course. I'm working on fixing my swing and that's one part to hopefully reduce the rolling of my left foot and try to shift my weight to the heel instead. That and gorilla glue to hold them together. I can't imagine that those listed here are the only ones affecting the shoes this way? Adidas should toughen up the glue/ connection.

Definitely send back to Adidas, my 360xt spikeless did something similar to that (boost actually split in half, really weird) and they replaced them immediately.

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

I had a similar issue with Tour360 XT Spikeless. The Boost material ripped on the outside of my left foot (right handed), but Adidas will not cover under warranty. This happened around 9 months in to wearing the shoes, and Adidas claimed that is considered "normal wear and tear." I don't wear the shoes anymore because I can feel the bottom portion of the boost and sole separate from the upper during every swing.

My white with the silver stripes had the same issue with the plate. It wasn’t as bad as what your shoes did after 1 range session. Mine was after a few months.

Adidas is sending me a gift card to replace them, but it’s been a real pain to get it taken care of. I bought them at Golf Galaxy and didn’t have my receipt. I had to call customer service twice to get a copy of the email sent to me before Adidas would do anything. I was sent a shipping label to send the old ones back. It’s taken a couple of months to take care of.

I haven’t had issues with previous issues of Boost spiked shoes. I’m hoping it’s just a one time thing. These are my favorite golf shoes at the moment.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Pretty disappointing they won't cover that under warranty - surely that's always a high wear area on a golf shoe?

I contacted Adidas via whatsapp and got the return label fairly quickly - sounds like your experience wasn't great.

They had no stock to replace mine so I've switched to Puma - hopefully they'll be better

It hasn’t been the best experience, but I’m at least getting a gift card to replace them.

Customer service told me that they will honor the warranty within 1 year of manufacturing date or purchasing date. I was well outside the manufacture date, but was less than 6 months after purchase date. They seem to be holding up their end of the bargain so far, so I can’t complain about that. It is slow, but I have other shoes that I can use, so it’s not that big of a deal.

I was more irritated with having to call Golf Galaxy’s customer service twice to get a receipt. I learned my lesson from that. I’m getting all Receipts from shoe purchases emailed to me as well as a printed receipt.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

No issues at all, just stay on them and they should get it handled relatively quickly. Didn't deal with the delays that others experienced.

Driver - AI Smoke Triple Diamond, Tensei 1k Blue 6tx

3 Wood - Callaway AI Smoke Max, Tensei AV Blue 75x

2 Iron - Titleist U505, Graphite Design AD-DI 8x

4-PW - T150, Project X 6.5

50 Degree - SM10 50.12F, Project X 6.5

54 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, mid bounce, Project X wedge 6.5

58 Degree - RTX6 Zipcore, low bounce, TI s400

Putter - Custom shop 2022 Phantom 5.5

2023 Pro V1

• 1 month later...

Just an update. I got my replacement gift card last Thursday. I was also given a 15% off discount coupon for having to wait so long. It took about 3 months for the whole process, which is frustrating, but with what’s going on with Covid, I understand it’s not completely their fault. 

Unfortunately, they’re sold out of my shoe size online for the spiked shoes. I’m going to have to see if they get replenished online or if they come out with a new style. 

As for the receipt @AM19, I tossed the receipt after purchase because I’ve never had an issue with shoes coming apart like this so soon. I learned my lesson because I had a pair of UA training shoes do something similar. 

• Like 1

WITB

I also had the same issue with the first version of Tour360 XT SL. I got replaced with new one from Adidas but, again, got the same issues after a few practice at a driving range. Now, I have just claimed for the new ones but been deciding whether to be replaced with the Tour360 XT SL 2.0 or Code Chaos. However, I am not sure whether the Tour360 XT SL 2.0 or Code Chaos will have the same issue. Adidas told me that there would be no more claim if the boost broke. Quite disappointing for the shoes of this price though.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have the same problem with several different adidas golf shoes including the 360s. Sent one back and adidas refunded the cost, but the others I glued back. I think I tend to roll over onto my left side and when hitting off the mats it tends to beat up the shoe. Annoying but not too much of a problem except for the one I sent back. Disappointing though.

• 2 weeks later...

No issues. When I read the title of your post, I thought you were talking about the part on the sole that connects the front of the shoe with the heal - that thin piece of plastic. I've been thinking of cutting that off (for no particular reason other than I cant figure out why it is there).  It doesnt look like your model has them.

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

• 1 month later...

Yes, i had this same issue with 2 pairs. I bought them at dicks, had them for 1.5 months, had them replaced because I thought it was a defect. Played it again 3 rounds and a few practice sessions in and then noticed it again with the second pair. Had to return those and now in the process of getting a different set of shoes now, not sure which one I'll get though.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2021 at 10:15 PM, jimb6golf said:

I have the same problem with several different adidas golf shoes including the 360s. Sent one back and adidas refunded the cost, but the others I glued back. I think I tend to roll over onto my left side and when hitting off the mats it tends to beat up the shoe. Annoying but not too much of a problem except for the one I sent back. Disappointing though.

I got some of these shoes used and I noticed that the sole is coming apart from the boost on both shoes.  Also a very small rip in boost on side front of shoe.   

Has anyone used glue successfully to keep them from falling apart?      I can return them so i was hoping to find out if they are repairable or a faulty design.

IMG_9480.JPG.80134c7a26dcb0b791bea88c5d60b0fb.JPGIMG_9479.JPG.1de2e98c0ba6cdf95bd80fe1f06b5259.JPG

IMG_9477.JPG

IMG_9484.JPG

IMG_9485.JPG