NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

Well, "stupid is as stupid does," 2 weeks of zeroes. I guess if I was golfing that would be the equivalent of two shanks in a row. Speaking of shanks I searched for some memorable shanks and I came across this from the European tour when Joachim Hansen hit a shank out of the trap and the shank from Steve Stricker in the 2013 US Open in Merion.  I feel your pain Steve and as you might noticed the reaction which is exactly how I feel heading into Week "is this 6?" I don't know.  My favorite part of the whole two clips of pain one with the bad outcome and of course the Dahman shot with the not so bad outcome is the announcer on the European Tour network saying "Oh Christopher Columbus!" So if I am lucky Enough to pick at least 2/3 this week I might have to say "Oh Christopher Columbus!"

https://golf.com/news/golf-greatest-shank-european-tour-joachim-hansen/

Being as we just celebrated Native American Day here in Va. in lieu of Columbus Day I thought this might make a decent segway into the controversial picks of the week segment where my altar ego Keith Sharp is being beckoned form a previous post to steer the reigns this week.  "Mr Sharp what are your 5 star picks today?"  "Thanks Keith Shanks, I will be glad to take it from here."  Mr Shanks I think I will be watching with great interest how the showdown between on of your favorite Qb's Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady take place. This has all the makings of a slugfest. Two big ego's battling against each other. Mr Shanks Is not a fan of Tom Brady but does respect his accomplishments, on the other hand loves to watch the sheer talent of Aaron Rodgers second to none as a pure passer.  All eyes will be on the pirate ship this week as this is a sweet matchup which could have home field implications in the playoffs. This game looks like an over but the Bucs and Packers defenses are pretty solid. This will force both Qb's into establishing the run until the defenses loosen up and the receivers 3 pro bowlers all returning from injuries should have fairly productive days. Adams for Green Bay, Godwin and Evans for The Buccaneers.

I will be rooting heavily for Rodgers, the best pure passer of all time, to take Brady to the woodshed. The Sharp bet says take the over 54.5

The Steelers seem to have all the answers at wide receiver I am going to say that Claypool will never have another game like he did last week but he's another fine add to the list of wide receivers the Steelers seem to cultivate them on a yearly basis. Dionte Johnson is another, but I think he is hurt this week.  The Browns are also a team on the rise and that 3.5 in an NFC north game looks daunting. The AFC looks like the best division right now with the Browns, Steelers and Ravens all ready to beat the snot out of each other while the Bengals play catch up with their viable QB Burrow moving forward. "Mr Sharp how do you play this?" I think I will lay the 3.5 and take the Steelers thinking their defense should be enough to hold off the ailing Baker Mayfield and ODB who did not practice this week.  Kareem Hunt is always a threat to break one and Jarvis Landry will be doing some heavy lifting but I think Ben and Connor and the Steelers defense with some potential TO's for scores, will do enough to win by 4-8 points. The Steel town has two hard matchups the Browns and then the Titans. If they win those 2, Ben might be in the MVP mix with Wilson, Rodgers and the rest of the contenders. 

Taking the Steelers/Browns Over 51

*This game now has Beckham playing so I am taking the over instead of giving up the hook*  Even if Mayfield gets knocked out Keenum can run this offense. 

Not having redzone staying with my parents until I can find a live in caregiver is dulling my football feel. So as my Dad woddles around still lamenting over things that are not really relevant on a Sunday I have one eye on him and the other on my computer screen. Making it to the bathroom before the Depends fill up is always an interesting prop bet. Over/Under "Depends changes" for Sunday 1.5 I will take the over and cash in that ticket. Over/Under on how many times Mom says this is the worst she has ever felt. 2.5 taking the over on that as well. It's almost like you become numb to it.

Back to business. " Mr Sharp I need you".  "Please tell me you have red zone?"  

Oh yes My old friend I have red zone back at your house where our trusty parrot Lolita stands watch. We both like the Houston Texans to begin to show some life with the horrible coach now out of the picture.  This game looks like both a cover + 5.5 and and over.

I will take the Texans to cover +5.5  Mr Sharp has left the building

Good Luck Everyone!

Edited by doctoro
  • Like 4

On 10/16/2020 at 5:14 PM, Qqq123xx said:

Well I got a brand new pair of roller skates you got a brand new key

I think that we should get together and try them out, you see

I've been looking around a while, you got something for me

Dudes where's the Melanie love. 

• Like 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Standings 

at the completion of week 5

Puttinforthe8             11-4

NCLancer                   10-5

CHuntsman                10-5

Pete3putt                    8-7

Qqq                              8-7

greenmachine             7-8

touch                           7-8

Jerebear                      6-9

highergr0und              6-9

doctoro                        6-9 

• Like 2

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

those that had Minnesota (3 of ya) this week are stunned. 

those that had Tennessee got real scared in the 4th quarter, but snagged a W by 1/2 a point.

those that had the Steelers should have bet many thousands of real jack on that game.

play of the day was when..............

a high snap went over Cam's head and he actually dove on the ground for the loose ball. 🤣

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Well just deleted my Waaaaaaaaaaa fest about Bucs game lol I spokithe to soonithe. 

2-1 for week. Have no idea how at 35-10 early 3rd it ended up 38-10. Zowzaaa. 

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Like 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

35 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well just deleted my Waaaaaaaaaaa fest about Bucs game lol I spokithe to soonithe. 

2-1 for week. Have no idea how at 35-10 early 3rd it ended up 38-10. Zowzaaa. 

I know brother. I was licking my chops that the GB/Tampa over was hitting and I would go 3-0 this week. Well 2-1 is an improvement when I was 1-5 the last two weeks. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Not that the GOAT had a great deal to do with the Tampa win but........................

122101788_3805306199516040_6259001790044841704_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=ysIcwNWGldwAX84j10p&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=f3f2b1a067bcb640285f845e7eb1864d&oe=5FB3638D

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 players have a pick remaining in one of tonight's games. Pete3P and Jerebear have K.C. -3 1/2, and Chuntsman has Arizona -2 1/2. Those 3 players are 1-1 on the week heading into their last picks. 

Here are the other players results for week 6 

Qqq  2-1  (10-8 overall)

touch 2-1 (9-9 overall)

Puttinforthe8 1-2 (12-6 overall) 

NCLancer 1-2 (11-7 overall)

Highergr0und 1-2 (7-11 overall)

greenmachine 0-3 (7-11 overall)

doctoro 0-3 (6-12 overall)

Chuntsman 1-1 (11-6 overall with a pick remaining)

Pete3putt 1-1 (9-8 overall with a pick remaining)

Jerebear 1-1 (7-10 overall with a pick remaining) 

The complete updated standings will be posted tomorrow morning.

The lines for week 7's games will also be posted at that time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What Cam isn't doing the trick New Englanders?   !! 

• Like 1

Monday Night is going to be excellent! 

Patrick Mahomes Stats, News, Bio | ESPNAfter Week 3, Buffalo Bills' Josh Allen Seems To Be An MVP In WaitingEzekiel Elliott admits to being 'faded' on Twitch livestream - Sports  IllustratedFanSided 250: Kyler Murray ranks in top 20 sports figures

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

never mind

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Will try again

Some of your best work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I'm glad they did this with a life sized Murray.      lol   

122290833_3808503592529634_4571433747642507699_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=fABIHCXi6nUAX888bW1&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=5af5ca4d73f3e27c43837786a5be5803&oe=5FB2E9B0

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Chuntsman goes 5 out of 6 last week ( had to make up a lost weeks picks)  and 2-1 this week. With that 2 week tear he moves into a tie for first place. Congrats sir !   

Standings 

at the completion of week 6 

Chuntsman                                12-6

Puttinforthe8                             12-6

NCLancer                                   11-7

Pete3putt                                   10-8

Qqq                                             10-8

touch                                           9-9

Jerebear                                     8-10

greenmachine                            7-11

highergr0und                             7-11

doctoro                                       6-12 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Week 7     Lines for Picks 

Thursday Night 

NY Giants     at    Philadelphia - 3 1/2 ................................................44

Sunday 

Cleveland - 3 1/2    at   Cincinnati ......................................................51 1/2 

Dallas - 3     at    Washington .............................................................49

Detroit    at     Atlanta - 3 ....................................................................57

Carolina   at    New Orleans -7 1/2 .....................................................51 1/2 

Buffalo - 12 1/2   at   NY Jets .............................................................48

Green Bay - 3 1/2    at   Houston .......................................................56 1/2 

Seattle - 3 1/2   at    Arizona ..............................................................55

San Francisco  at   New England -2 1/2 ............................................45 1/2 

Kansas City -9   at    Denver ..............................................................49 1/2 

Pittsburgh -2   at     Tennessee .........................................................52 1/2 

Jacksonville   at   LA Chargers - 8 ....................................................49

Tampa Bay -3  at    Las Vegas ...........................................................53

Monday Night 

Chicago    at    LA Rams - 5 1/2  .......................................................46 

I wish to thank you gents/dudes/fellas for it has happened once again. I just received word that I achieved WRX's most liked content on Sunday. We have a good time with this thread and I appreciate all of your participation throughout the season.

You Did It Again Didnt You GIF - YouDidItAgain DidntYou WhatHaveYouDone -  Descubre & Comparte GIFs

You won the day on October 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Baltimore blowing a 30-7 lead to give me a giant L. Can’t bet against them. Can’t bet on them. I hope they never see the Lombardi trophy in my lifetime. =P

Edited by jerebear21
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I have heard, "Everytime he speaks he drops a bomb, but if you fire him its an even bigger bomb."  What we have here is a failure to communicate, and sometimes guys work in an industry for 40 years and all of the sudden they are no longer capable.  It reminds me of St. Stephen when one man gathers what another man spills.  This is for all those devoted employees who get spurned when they are just playing with the cards dealt.  Happy birthday to Bobby.

It wasn't that long ago, the Browns were the laughingstock of the NFL, and now look at them, they are 4-2 but still getting absolutely pounded by better teams.  Well, thankfully for them, they have Cincinnati on their schedule this week.  Nothing gets a team healthy like playing the Bengals.  AJ Green is a shell of himself, and he has the wunderkid under center.  It's time to fire him, and that would be the bomb in the Queen City.  Brownies cover the 3.5 points, and all is right in the Mistake by the Lake.

Offensive genius, Adam Gase arrived in NYC with a mission.  Return the Jets to relevance.  He never wanted the rapper better known as "Out of Touch Lev," but sometimes your boss is so bad, you just have to take the hits and keep trying to do what's best for Jets nation.  It is illustrative of the world we live in today, fame doesn't make the man, the man makes the man.  Lev, you might be on the Antonio Brown fast track.  The Bills need to take care of business after the beatdown they received last week, and frankly, who is going to stop them?  In a west vs east showdown, just like in the state geographically below them, the west wins again.  Bills to cover.

He just wasn't very good.  Ryan Tannehill was on the trash heap, and thinking of Jerry, "One man gathers what another man spills" and here we are.  Two 5-0 juggernauts going at it.  Covid be darned.  Here he is supplanting Marcus who came in with presumably with all the tools to succeed, yet he was benched.  What a guy did in the past, oftentimes against lesser opponents is not a sign of future success.  Future success is established with hard work and the willingness to listen and learn.  Mike Vrabel knows this, he was a mediocre physical talent, but he was an amazing player and now an amazing coach.  With all of this being said, even without Bush, I think the Steelers somehow pull this out and cover the spread.

As we sneak up on the final run to the holidays, it becomes apparent some folks work harder and better than others.  They may have been a star in the past (AJ), or they may have excelled in a prior situation but now find themselves in way over their head (Gase), or they may not be your cup of tea in a prior organization but when given the reins they are great (Ryan).  Let's drop some bombs folks. 

• Like 4

• touch changed the title to NFL Pick 3 Weekly/ TOUR Picks Weekly
  • touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic