Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

11 minutes ago, touch said:

And with 140 total points the winner of our PGA Tour Picks contest is 

Doctoro  

PARADE WINNERS | ojai4thofjulyChibi Black Veil Brides Gif by Silvermoon0371 on DeviantArtMy thingy kuja more than friends GIF - Find on GIFER

Congratulations Graduates - West Chester University

Well done Doc O!!!  Fiercely contested battle!

Side note:  We could have had an extra bonus 'bonus' based on the Barracuda in Truckee.  With you getting the points the player finished with...LOL!

Erik van Rooyen gets the win for his first TOUR title with rounds of 68, 64, 67, 64!  Finished Eagle(on a par 4), birdie to win it!  Nice to see TWO 1st time winners today!!!

image.png.e0af22b19062884ce50a4a1450ed2708.png

Edited by puttnforthe8
  • Like 4

I'll have bit more to say after I step away a moment to sip and puff. I have a scramble to tell you about.

So I spent 90 minutes in the range with Hutch out under the cooking sun. I have not been so wayward in my ball striking all year as I was this week so I needed help. I found out I was going back to my old habits. I take the club back to close to behind my right ear and that causes bad cupping of my left wrist. It's out over my right shoulder where it is supposed to be. Then I was making my first move down a dip towards the ground with my left shoulder. This causes me to cast.  I was way far from delivering the club from the inside. I also was not dropping the grip straight down to my right pocket, and bringing the handle around to the left, nope........I had gone back coming into the ball from the over the top position. So I need to continue to work my drills and get better in correcting my swing flaws. 90 minutes with coach and I was fixed. Thank you much Hutch. I play with the boys tomorrow at Broadmoor so let's see how I do. Monday is my last day of vacation so of course I will be playing.

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

smoking weed gif | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

LIVE FROM 8PM: #TWSTaste Alpine Whites! Thursday 22nd April, 8-9pm - Drinks  Chat - The Society's Community

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Congrats to the top three. Well played. And congrats to me for no obvious reason. 

I'm sending congrats to my brother Q. We both finished sort of middle of pack in this one, so right on fellow zany one.  💥

Wild & Crazy | Saturday night live, Steve martin, Comedians

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, touch said:

And with 140 total points the winner of our PGA Tour Picks contest is 

Doctoro  

PARADE WINNERS | ojai4thofjulyChibi Black Veil Brides Gif by Silvermoon0371 on DeviantArtMy thingy kuja more than friends GIF - Find on GIFER

Congratulations Graduates - West Chester University

I just want to thank our commish for his enthusiastic maintenance of this blog and wish the green machine the best of luck in taking the reigns for the upcoming NFL season. 
I hope I can be as lucky in the NFL as I was the PGA.  
I humbly accept the first PGA picks crown with stoic….

https://tenor.com/view/pumped-excited-so-ready-for-it-bring-it-on-oh-yeah-gif-22442238

Ok, I am just kidding. 
“Let’s break out the booze and let’s keep dancing!”

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, doctoro said:

I just want to thank our commish for his enthusiastic maintenance of this blog and wish the green machine the best of luck in taking the reigns for the upcoming NFL season. 
I hope I can be as lucky in the NFL as I was the PGA.  
I humbly accept the first PGA picks crown with stoic….

https://tenor.com/view/pumped-excited-so-ready-for-it-bring-it-on-oh-yeah-gif-22442238

Ok, I am just kidding. 
“Let’s break out the booze and let’s keep dancing!”

YOU GO DOC !!!      Thank you for the kind words champ. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Our team shot a 58.   -14 

That effort that put us at T2, but when counting back over the low handicap holes became 3rd place. Good showing. I was placed with 3 excellent players. The winning team had a hole out eagle on the par 4 9th, a chip in, and two other eagles. My lord. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Petethreeput said:

I had a T10 for 2?

T12 for 1?

T54 for 1 times 4= 4

7. this guy didn’t end up on zero. Look at me, last but at least not sub-zero.

Pfffft to your position in these picks standings.

Pete it's your choice wit combined with your intelligent mind and fine writing skills that are cherished around here. Besides you made your picks all year with similarities or tie ins. Your weekly picks posts were filled with history and contained interesting information.  For example:  give me the two egghead Floridians.    😃

They were always a good read. 

As we draw the curtains on this one, I say thank you very much sir for another fine year of words by P3P.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's near midnight here in the mountains. I'll now close it down and share my scramble recap tomorrow.

Thank you all for making this long run happen.

Congratulations doctoro

Good luck greeneone with taking over. 

8-8-2021  was a fine day.

We are currently on page 208. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Like 2

Flag sticks are fun.

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, touch said:

Flag sticks are fun.

A somewhat common occurrence happened again over the weekend on one of our golf courses. I have had bears come out on the hole I was playing at the Asheville Muni twice. Always scary, but they seem to never mind the golfers.

Fore! Mischievous bear cubs make their way onto golf course, tackling flagstick photo 1

Fore! Mischievous bear cubs make their way onto golf course, tackling flagstick photo 3

The one on the right is DEFINITELY a Commish protege. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

So at the check in table I met Al Wood who was captain of the team Hutch had put me on. Al was a very tall man dressed in all Carolina Blue. He introduces me to another teammate Jimmy Brown. I shake Jimmy's hand as I introduce myself and told him to please call me LP.  Mr. Brown came back with "they call me Smoke." I hit the range and chunked a good bunch of shots. I was spraying driver pretty bad as well. Adding in my performances that week on the course I had very little confidence. My golf cart partner (sign said Cedric Smith) had not shown up and it was now 15 minutes before the shotgun start and Hutch was taking the microphone to go over things. I asked Al when we might expect him and was told oh he's coming. We headed out to #9 our starting hole and I had an empty seat next to me in the cart. With 9 being so close to the clubhouse we waited by the tee box for a few minutes for all the groups to get in position. I then was told by our captain that I was the lead off hitter. As I walked up to the tee box I saw a single in a golf cart headed our way. He stopped at our tee box. I approached him and said hello Mr. Brown I am LP. The man told me he was not Mr. Brown and was a last minute fill in for Mr. Brown and his name was Dartez T. , but please call him Tez.  Mr. Talbert had just driven in from Georgia. So I aloud ran through my teammates name as I put my tee in the ground........So it's Tez and Smoke and I'm LP, do you have a nickname Mr. Wood? My captain from that point on was Big Al. I found the fairway on our first hole. By our third hole it was obvious that we wouldn't be using my weak in distance drives as the three of them were plenty long and accurate. Smoke hit it 270, Tez 285, and Big Al hit it 300. I would lead off with a hybrid or 3 wood to have a shot in the fairway should the other three find trouble. I executed doing that about 50% of the time. I hit some high right peelers ob as well as tuggaroo's into trouble left. Thankfully safe shots by the short hitter were not needed as one of my teammates found the fairway all round long. On the second tee box Al asked me what kind of driver was I playing and asked if he could hit it. He smoked the first one and used my Callaway the rest of the day. Oh and not only off the tee mind you, nope Big Al smoked my Mavrick Max off the deck successfully 3 times at 280 clips on the par 5's. The second photo was taken following one of Al's P3P special's.  After a few holes listening to my teammates talk hoops and their facing of some the same tough players in basketball I asked Smoke if they all had played serious hoops. He told me they all competed against each other in college basketball some in the early 80's. Smoke played at the  D2 school Limestone College down in lindsay land. Tez played guard at Mercer U. down in Macon, Ga. and Big Al was a Tar Heel. Just before Michael Jordan was attending Chapel Hill Al Wood was the best player for North Carolina. Smoke told me Al played six years in the NBA. So now you see that the skinny old weed smoking man was placed by Hutch on a team of basketball studs from back in the day. All of my teammates belonged to golf clubs in their hometowns and were low handicaps who played regularly. I was the only Ashevillian in the group. These were some athletic 50 year old men (not me) in group 9A. We birdied the first 8 holes in a row. In those first 8 holes we used one shot of mine. Par 5, third shot over water from 158. I stuck a 6 iron to 3 feet. I then did nothing for 3 holes. I missed all my shots. On a par four we faced a tuck pin from 50 yards. I found it funny that the minute the ball left the club face with my attempt at a high soft gentle lander with my 60* Big Al loudly calls out, "oh look he's being different...He's going up top, he's taking it high." The shot called for was a low pitch and run, but this was Broadmoor and I have hit such shots a number of times so I went for it. It came to rest inside a foot. Two holes later I stuck a sand wedge from 71 yards to 2 feet. I was starting to contribute. With the distance they hit drivers we never had more than 50-80 yards in for approach shots on the shorter par 4's. On the last 3 holes my putter got hot. I was all of a sudden the team member that was draining birdie putts. I had quite low expectations starting this scramble and did indeed hit some rather embarrassing shots a number of times, but later in the round I started to find a little mojo with my short game and then my putter got hot. At the end of the day I didn't feel too bad about my effort.  In the last photo Hutch(orange shirt) stopped by to bust the chops of his college basketball buddies. I thanked the tournament organizer for putting me on fun team of great golfers. I had a very good time playing in the scramble. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

There was dense fog in the AVL early today.  At 6:45 am this morning I thought it might be the end for your commish. A coworker and I were walking up the hill from the employee parking lot at work towards the clubhouse when a large black bear came out of the woods lumbering towards us. My coworker and I just stood completely still. The bear walked up to us and stopped about 30 yards away. He just stared at us as we remained perfectly still. I'd say 90 seconds went by. I was very concerned. Then the animal let out a big snort and did an about face and lumbered back into the trees. So I didn't end up becoming a blonde breakfast for the bear and am still with the living. What a welcome back after a week off that experience was.    

• Like 3

Golf will always involve a great deal of mental confusion.

On Monday I got to the range at Broadmoor one hour prior. I had to see if I could get my improved Hutch swing grooved as I was beyond frustrated of late with my horrific play. I hit 75 balls and surprisingly I was not witnessing the trashy shots that had been the norm for me of late. 

Last week my time on three courses was filled with my poorest play of the entire golf season. I understand we can get upset when we play poorly at times and it's normal to go through stretches where we can't seem to shoot our number, frustration is part of golf and I get it. A deeper despair is when one plays for consecutive rounds with absolute zero ability.

My regular group comprised the foursome at Broadmoor.

82* and partly cloudy, with no wind.

What I made it to the 5th tee box once again without a single par?

On the first hole I hit a decent drive and then a hybrid approach shot from 179 to 5 feet and made birdie. I bogey'd the next.  #3 was a fairway hit and an approach shot to 15 feet, drained it for my second birdie. Then I three whacked for bogey on 4. So I didn't make a par, but that was acceptable because through 4 I was even. Made two steady pars (finally) on 5 and 6. On 7 again I hit a solid drive and nailed the middle of the green with my 6 iron. I drained a 25 footer for my 3rd birdie on the front 9. I made par on eight and nine. The commish made the turn one under. On the back I bogey'd the number one handicap hole and made par on the other 8 holes. I shot an even par 72. I did it, I turned it around and got back on track. The despair I was experiencing had vanished, well at least it did for the round I played on my final day of vacation. I left the golf course rather  joyous.

Golf is CRAZY.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

• touch locked this topic
  • touch unlocked this topic