2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Swing Speed Trainer - MaxSwingSpeed

Touched 128 on swing weight side steps today. Post swing speeds hovering army 115 mph. Started program around 100

• Like 2

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS with Ventus Black 6x 44.5"

4w: '22 Rogue ST LS 16.5  Tensei AV Blue 75x

7w: '22 Callaway Apex UW 21 80s MMT

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH 95

4-AW: PXG OG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long MOI matched

Wedges: Cleveland Zipcore 54 Full/58 Mid 

Putter: DF2.1 35"69* in blue

Ball: Srixon Z-star XV

1 hour ago, Rbsiedsc said:

Touched 128 on swing weight side steps today. Post swing speeds hovering army 115 mph. Started program around 100

How long ago did you start the program at 100?  Well done!!!

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

2 minutes ago, sprcoop said:

How long ago did you start the program at 100?  Well done!!!

First couple weeks. That with strength training helped. I am steady at 108-109 now with post swings at 115

• 2 months later...

Bump...anyone still doing this?

Personally, I took a long hiatus, dealing with back and shoulder issues.  Saw a precipitous drop in my SS the last several months, so I’m starting to dip my toe in the water here again, hoping to get some of that back. 🤷‍♂️

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

On 3/26/2022 at 5:18 PM, stryper said:

Bump...anyone still doing this?

Personally, I took a long hiatus, dealing with back and shoulder issues.  Saw a precipitous drop in my SS the last several months, so I’m starting to dip my toe in the water here again, hoping to get some of that back. 🤷‍♂️

I unfortunately had to put everything on hold which is why there haven't been some of the updates I was pushing towards. I broke 2 bones and dislocated the thumb on my right hand so swinging a club was impossible. I just started back up last week and was going to start videoing my own swing speed reboot. If it holds any weight, I have still been receiving positive messages from buyers of the trainer. They've seen the speed increases and mechanical improvements I hoped they would. 

• Sad 2

www.maxswingspeed.com

I am but take a break due to some muscle strains from overuse. SS up to 115 on non golf balls swings

• 1 month later...

Hi there @MaxSwingSpeed

I have been doing the Basic Training Protocol. Enjoyable, not getting injured, product is really great, all good so far! I do have some questions about the ongoing research and understanding about how best to do overspeed training in terms of protocol. 

I assume you are familiar with this study from Par4Success. Their key findings are as follows:

1. You can see the same increases in swing speed swinging one club 6-10% lighter than your driver 30 times as you can swinging 3 clubs almost 100 times.

2. NO STATISTICAL difference exists on swing speed gains over a 6-8 week period between swinging 3 sticks almost 100 times 2x/wk OR only 1 stick 30 times 2x/wk

3. Using a 20% lighter or 5% heavier stick DECREASED golfers swing speed

4. It appears respecting the need for glycolytic rest (2-3 min every 10 swings) is beneficial to maximize club speed gains with fewer swings.

Questions for you based on this:

1. What do you think of this study? Have you tried testing a single weight method against the multi weight protocol? I'd be happy to continue on the protocol you have on your website, but there are some suggestions in the study that swinging with heavier weights is fundamentally unhelpful.

2. If I were to follow the conclusions of this study and use a single weight training methodology, which number of weights would I use? Which one is 6-10% lighter than a driver?

3. Generally, I am curious to read the best argument/justifications for the protocol you use. I assume you've written that elsewhere on this website or somewhere else, so it would be awesome if you could just point me to that.

4. I'm committed to seeing through the first 8 week program as you laid it out. After that, I see there's an advanced training protocol to work through (are there videos of the kneeling swings btw?)

Basically, I'm looking at this as a young-ish golfer who wants to add speed and retain it as well as I can throughout my golfing life. I'd like to do this as efficiently as possible given the evolving state of research. I really like your product and would like to feel that I have a grasp on how to use this over time (and how that would compare to using something like The Stack System, which I'd rather not buy if I don't have to).

Thanks very much for your thoughtful participation in the thread.

7 hours ago, JOVortex said:

Hi there @MaxSwingSpeed

I have been doing the Basic Training Protocol. Enjoyable, not getting injured, product is really great, all good so far! I do have some questions about the ongoing research and understanding about how best to do overspeed training in terms of protocol. 

I assume you are familiar with this study from Par4Success. Their key findings are as follows:

1. You can see the same increases in swing speed swinging one club 6-10% lighter than your driver 30 times as you can swinging 3 clubs almost 100 times.

2. NO STATISTICAL difference exists on swing speed gains over a 6-8 week period between swinging 3 sticks almost 100 times 2x/wk OR only 1 stick 30 times 2x/wk

3. Using a 20% lighter or 5% heavier stick DECREASED golfers swing speed

4. It appears respecting the need for glycolytic rest (2-3 min every 10 swings) is beneficial to maximize club speed gains with fewer swings.

Questions for you based on this:

1. What do you think of this study? Have you tried testing a single weight method against the multi weight protocol? I'd be happy to continue on the protocol you have on your website, but there are some suggestions in the study that swinging with heavier weights is fundamentally unhelpful.

2. If I were to follow the conclusions of this study and use a single weight training methodology, which number of weights would I use? Which one is 6-10% lighter than a driver?

3. Generally, I am curious to read the best argument/justifications for the protocol you use. I assume you've written that elsewhere on this website or somewhere else, so it would be awesome if you could just point me to that.

4. I'm committed to seeing through the first 8 week program as you laid it out. After that, I see there's an advanced training protocol to work through (are there videos of the kneeling swings btw?)

Basically, I'm looking at this as a young-ish golfer who wants to add speed and retain it as well as I can throughout my golfing life. I'd like to do this as efficiently as possible given the evolving state of research. I really like your product and would like to feel that I have a grasp on how to use this over time (and how that would compare to using something like The Stack System, which I'd rather not buy if I don't have to).

Thanks very much for your thoughtful participation in the thread.

Hey @JOVortex

Sorry for the late response, I wanted to take the time to look things over and give thorough answers. Thanks for the kind words about the trainer, I’m always grateful to hear that people are enjoying using it and seeing good results. Also, thanks for the link to the Par4Success study, it was great to refresh my memory and to once again see the amazing work they put together. I’ve got nothing but great things to say about what they’re doing to help everyone get better.

You’ve asked some great questions and I’m going to answer them as best as I can.

1.       I think the study is superb, they’ve done an incredible amount of leg work and present lots of data in a very digestible way which is rare. I’m not going to argue with the data or suggest it’s wrong in any way, what I would say is I think there are other reasons to using multiple weights beyond “just” speed training. While it’s clear the main goal of the trainer is to increase clubhead speed I have found that using multiple weights can absolutely increase a golfer’s strength, flexibility, balance and improve mechanics by allowing a “natural” swing to occur. This was a very important design feature for me because having been involved in golf for as long as I have it is plainly clear that the majority of golfers could definitely use help in those areas. Also, I have found it is far easier to feel a swing flaw when there is more weight being swung (I like to use an exaggerated example of swinging a sledgehammer like a golf club, if you are too flat, across the line or over the top you’re going to know it. The “natural” aspect of swinging something that heavy is that you will want to find where it is most balanced and “lightest”, especially over your head, LOL.) The other advantage to having multiple weights in one trainer is that depending on the drill you’re working on you may find it easier to get in and hold positions with something far lighter that a “normal” club and then progress to heavier and heavier). The other piece of the puzzle in regards to the design of my trainer is that I set out to have one product be usable for everyone; kids, men and women, so if you feel the weight range is to great it’s very easy to narrow it down to 1 or 2, especially if there is a data driven study you want to follow. I’d never discourage anyone from following a different training plan or act as if my words need to be carved in stone, if there is new/better info I say run with it and make more birdies.

2.       Average total weight of a driver is around 300 grams so if you’re looking for the 6-10% window with the trainer, you’d screw 1 weight on to the fixed weight of the shaft. If you swing a heavier total weight driver you can add a 2nd weight. That’s the closest you'll get based on averages.

3.       I’ve discussed my reasons for the protocols throughout this thread and I kind of re-summarized in my answer to your first question. While I agree that you can focus solely on speed using Par4Successes study my goal was to have a swing trainer that did more than just that even if it’s a bonus side effect to the speed training. I truly believe and have seen numerous examples of customers and testers that there were more than just speed benefits to following through with the training. I also like to use the analogy of weight training, there are a million programs/trainers to follow but the most important part if you want to improve and get better/stronger/healthier is to be consistent and get your reps in.

4.       There is an advanced protocol available and I have finally recovered enough from my broken hand to start filming/posting again (played my first round in over 6 months last Monday and got the all clear from the doc) so I am planning on finally releasing the quick start guide that new customers or grizzled veterans can use  (been promising it for an embarrassingly long time with an unbelievably long string of dumb luck getting in the way of getting it finished) Kneeling links below.                    

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNTJ6FtgqOK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/COOnT9bgBFh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I almost forgot to mention and it's based on the idea of rest. Rest is absolutely vital no matter what type of training you are doing. I have stressed that from the beginning. A lot of times I'm seen rifling through the drills without resting but that is simply due to time constraints for social media posts. Taking adequate rest during each training session so that you can give maximum effort and focus is the key to rapid and sustained gains.

Lastly, I think there are some excellent products on the market to help with speed training and swing training and I’d never knock any of them or anyone using them if it works. I’m about golfers getting better whether it’s using my trainer or someone else’s. I’ve always joked that if you told me I had to wear a pink tutu but it meant I’d shoot 65 every time I tee’d it up I’d gladly put that bad boy on. I think my product will work well whether you follow the protocols I’ve laid out or other protocols you can find on the web and I would say based on my research and what I’ve seen out there it will last you quite a while even as speed training information evolves. 

I hope those answers helped and if you’d like more info let me know as I’m always happy to help if I can especially here in these forums because everyone has been so great to me since day one.

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

@MaxSwingSpeed Thank you for the fast and thorough response! 

You make a good point about various weights and how they may have positive effects on balance, tempo, swing path, etc. I can imagine ingraining some bad habits working with just a single-minded focus on speed. 

I really also appreciate your analogy to exercise - doing anything positive is infinitely better than doing nothing, and often the time spent in forums wondering what's optimal is wasted relative to just getting out there and doing something. Should I stretch for 10 minutes, or should I research the best way to stretch? Lol.

I think between the 8 week program you laid out and the advanced training protocol mixing in knee swings and pump swings, I have my hands plenty full.  I imagine that if I do the beginner and advanced protocols and achieve some gains, then I'll be somewhat able to improvise what to do to maintain.

My goal is to go from 107 baseline driver speed (hitting an actual ball) to 113, which is PGA Tour average. This seems achievable and in line with what people have achieved following your protocols.

All in, it seems like we're in the early days of understanding and developing protocols, and that's not the end of the world. I’d love to have a better sense of how to build/maintain over the long term, but I think the best thing to do for now is go back to the principle of doing something. 

Edited by JOVortex

• 1 month later...

I am getting back into this after the gym and months of swing work. I am noticing my swing has dropped back down to 100 or so. i also cant get the light stick to really get any speed. idk if it is my radar setup or what. Although, my non dominate swings are almost as fast as my dominate. something odd is going on.

2 hours ago, Rbsiedsc said:

I am getting back into this after the gym and months of swing work. I am noticing my swing has dropped back down to 100 or so. i also cant get the light stick to really get any speed. idk if it is my radar setup or what. Although, my non dominate swings are almost as fast as my dominate. something odd is going on.

Glad to hear your going to jump back in to speed training. Always nice to be healthy enough to get into any training routine 😀

Without seeing pic/video of your setup and swing I can only speculate on what's happening. First, I wouldn't be too shocked by dominate/non-dominate swings getting/being close in speed especially if you've been doing mechanical work on your swing or speed training over time. Usually you will see a big delta between the two when you start but that gets smaller as you work on things. 

As for the lightest weight being difficult to swing fast, that can be a radar setup issue or it can simply be a swing sequencing issue. I always advise people working through the weight levels to focus on maximum effort but under control maximum effort so that you can mimic as closely as possible to hitting a shot. I will at times put tape on the ground or stick a tee in the ground to swing over top of to ensure I am focused on releasing speed "through the ball".

I've said it before a few times but I want the trainer to give people usable speed not just be a tool to chase a number. I'll take 120 through the ball as opposed to 130 flailing in midair.

Hope the helps. 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

3 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Glad to hear your going to jump back in to speed training. Always nice to be healthy enough to get into any training routine 😀

Without seeing pic/video of your setup and swing I can only speculate on what's happening. First, I wouldn't be too shocked by dominate/non-dominate swings getting/being close in speed especially if you've been doing mechanical work on your swing or speed training over time. Usually you will see a big delta between the two when you start but that gets smaller as you work on things. 

As for the lightest weight being difficult to swing fast, that can be a radar setup issue or it can simply be a swing sequencing issue. I always advise people working through the weight levels to focus on maximum effort but under control maximum effort so that you can mimic as closely as possible to hitting a shot. I will at times put tape on the ground or stick a tee in the ground to swing over top of to ensure I am focused on releasing speed "through the ball".

I've said it before a few times but I want the trainer to give people usable speed not just be a tool to chase a number. I'll take 120 through the ball as opposed to 130 flailing in midair.

Hope the helps. 

Thanks for your insight. That is was messed me up in the winter. I was going for speed but lost my fundamentals. Makes sense the drop then. Will keep grinding and working on my sequencing. will likely have something to "swing" through as well.

• 2 months later...

@MaxSwingSpeed, so similar to the Stack, can you estimate what our driver speed should be based on the stick since we are swinging something shorter than our driver? Wanting to make sure I am on track. I swing my driver and post sessions I am around 114 mph, up about 6mph from my pre swings. The lightest i can crank up to 130 mph. What should be my CHS potential then?

@MaxSwingSpeed, so similar to the Stack, can you estimate what our driver speed should be based on the stick since we are swinging something shorter than our driver? Wanting to make sure I am on track. I swing my driver and post sessions I am around 114 mph, up about 6mph from my pre swings. The lightest i can crank up to 130 mph. What should be my CHS potential then?

wrong post... can't find where to delete.

Edited by Sonoronsis

There are a few things to unpack here.

First, estimating what your clubhead speed potential is going to be is almost impossible based on my experience with testers/customers. The graph absolutely trends to an increase in speed via using the trainer but accurately predicting what that increase in speed will be based on how fast your swinging each setting of the trainer is such a personal thing that there isn't a way to keep track, it's far too randomized. I have hit consistent 130s with my driver after originally doing the 8 week training program, I was even hitting in the 150s with the lightest weight. I started with my driver barely cracking 100 and the lightest weight was 110 at best. I was coming off my 7th shoulder separation and not picking up even a putter for over 2 years so I had no idea what my speed potential was when I started and even though I tracked every swing there'd be no way for me to make a correlation on my gains to yours or how one starting point will get you to a specific end speed. 

Not to be too long winded but I always fall back to weight training analogies. If I hit the gym and day one I can bench 100 pounds there's no way to say what I'll be lifting in 2 months or 2 years. You and I could train the same, eat the same and rest the same and at the end of the training program you might bench 200 and I might bench 185. There are so many variables in any training program that I'd never want to put out a "guide" on where someone should be speed wise.

As for length of driver/trainer and how it correlates to speed. This is another item that is very personal and filled with variables. There are numerous articles and studies that state for every inch added to a driver you'll increase your speed by 1-2mph. In reality that statement is rather dubious when it comes to hitting a golf ball. Perhaps just swinging a longer club will give you the natural swing speed increase but I have personally experienced and witnessed numerous people swing 43 inch drivers faster and more consistently than their gamers at 46 inches. Not even taking into account swing-weights and balance points and total club weight, there is something to be said for being able to "feel" where a club is and having a sense of innate control so that you trust yourself enough to actually swing fast. 

Bottom line, I can't give you a specific answer or chart for potential clubhead speed, all I can say is that 99% of the people I have worked with or heard from have increased their speed following a training program. The range of speed increases is exceptionally varied, as varied as the golfers who have used my trainer. 

Hope that helped in some way 🙂

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

31 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

There are a few things to unpack here.

First, estimating what your clubhead speed potential is going to be is almost impossible based on my experience with testers/customers. The graph absolutely trends to an increase in speed via using the trainer but accurately predicting what that increase in speed will be based on how fast your swinging each setting of the trainer is such a personal thing that there isn't a way to keep track, it's far too randomized. I have hit consistent 130s with my driver after originally doing the 8 week training program, I was even hitting in the 150s with the lightest weight. I started with my driver barely cracking 100 and the lightest weight was 110 at best. I was coming off my 7th shoulder separation and not picking up even a putter for over 2 years so I had no idea what my speed potential was when I started and even though I tracked every swing there'd be no way for me to make a correlation on my gains to yours or how one starting point will get you to a specific end speed. 

Not to be too long winded but I always fall back to weight training analogies. If I hit the gym and day one I can bench 100 pounds there's no way to say what I'll be lifting in 2 months or 2 years. You and I could train the same, eat the same and rest the same and at the end of the training program you might bench 200 and I might bench 185. There are so many variables in any training program that I'd never want to put out a "guide" on where someone should be speed wise.

As for length of driver/trainer and how it correlates to speed. This is another item that is very personal and filled with variables. There are numerous articles and studies that state for every inch added to a driver you'll increase your speed by 1-2mph. In reality that statement is rather dubious when it comes to hitting a golf ball. Perhaps just swinging a longer club will give you the natural swing speed increase but I have personally experienced and witnessed numerous people swing 43 inch drivers faster and more consistently than their gamers at 46 inches. Not even taking into account swing-weights and balance points and total club weight, there is something to be said for being able to "feel" where a club is and having a sense of innate control so that you trust yourself enough to actually swing fast. 

Bottom line, I can't give you a specific answer or chart for potential clubhead speed, all I can say is that 99% of the people I have worked with or heard from have increased their speed following a training program. The range of speed increases is exceptionally varied, as varied as the golfers who have used my trainer. 

Hope that helped in some way 🙂

Thank it did. I will keep grinding with the trainer. That was quite the gain from you 🙂

Gym work and your trainer, I hope by the end I will be up over 120 mph with driver (I should mention my max speed post training is 116 mph using a 44.5" driver at D4)

On 9/20/2022 at 11:05 AM, Rbsiedsc said:

Thank it did. I will keep grinding with the trainer. That was quite the gain from you 🙂

Gym work and your trainer, I hope by the end I will be up over 120 mph with driver (I should mention my max speed post training is 116 mph using a 44.5" driver at D4)

Always happy to help, especially when my rambling makes sense 😂

116 is nothing to sneeze at and with good gym and speed work an extra 4mph is definitely doable. 

Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

Question for those who trained with MSS (or other swing speed trainer), then, after achieving the desired improvement, stopped: What happened to your swing speed?  Did you continue to realize greater swing speed (though perhaps not high as you had at your peak, while still training), or did you eventually lose it all, or nearly all?

Reason I ask is part of the theory behind swing speed training is it forms new neural pathways.  Essentially you're improving your intuitive (subconscious) control over your body to produce the desired result: More swing speed.

Theoretically speaking: Once learned, and ingrained, it should be retained.  Thus, ISTM, one should retain at least some gains realized, even long after ceasing training.

As an aside: Wish I'd known about this product before I bought an Orange Whip Lightspeed a couple weeks back.  If I buy another training aid right now, the Family CFO will have my guts for garters 🤣  Maybe later?

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 12:10 PM, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Always happy to help, especially when my rambling makes sense 😂

116 is nothing to sneeze at and with good gym and speed work an extra 4mph is definitely doable. 

Keep up the great work!

Thought I’d kick start this thread again, in light of the current thread were a 50 y/o is looking for more speed.

Somewhere earlier you mentioned working on an abbreviated senior protocol…just wondering if your research/testing is bearing any fruit there?  

My own SS has dropped 5-10 mph in the last couple of years, and I wouldn’t mind getting some of that back, but not at the risk of overtaxing my body.  Had some early success with your initial protocols but had to back off for that reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

On 9/23/2022 at 11:34 AM, Dufferonius said:

Question for those who trained with MSS (or other swing speed trainer), then, after achieving the desired improvement, stopped: What happened to your swing speed?  Did you continue to realize greater swing speed (though perhaps not high as you had at your peak, while still training), or did you eventually lose it all, or nearly all?

Reason I ask is part of the theory behind swing speed training is it forms new neural pathways.  Essentially you're improving your intuitive (subconscious) control over your body to produce the desired result: More swing speed.

Theoretically speaking: Once learned, and ingrained, it should be retained.  Thus, ISTM, one should retain at least some gains realized, even long after ceasing training.

As an aside: Wish I'd known about this product before I bought an Orange Whip Lightspeed a couple weeks back.  If I buy another training aid right now, the Family CFO will have my guts for garters 🤣  Maybe later?

From a lot of research out there you need to maintain once a week at least whether with over speed or swinging your driver as fast as you can. Happened to be. Got up to 115 but dropped to 108-110. Ramping back up now with gym work to push that plateau. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback, @Rbsiedsc 👍

That is what I would have expected.  That I could live with.  Once I get my new swing grooved, I'll have to consider grabbing a MSS trainer.

It'll have to wait until spring, now.  No room to swing like that indoors, and my gym just announced they're closing their doors, so I'm losing the use of their studio.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 3:42 PM, stryper said:

Thought I’d kick start this thread again, in light of the current thread were a 50 y/o is looking for more speed.

Somewhere earlier you mentioned working on an abbreviated senior protocol…just wondering if your research/testing is bearing any fruit there?  

My own SS has dropped 5-10 mph in the last couple of years, and I wouldn’t mind getting some of that back, but not at the risk of overtaxing my body.  Had some early success with your initial protocols but had to back off for that reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey Stryper,

Apologies for the delay in answering your question. I have been out of the country for a funeral so it's been all family and no work lately. 

I am going attach the new Quick Start training program to a post below which is what has come from trying numerous variations on the training programs duration.

I did see excellent results for seniors using a more abbreviated program as well as reports of less soreness and fatigue which is always a bonus. This also showed excellent results for people giving speed training a try for the first time which is why I decided to tweak a few things and call it a quick start program.

I'll attach the kids program too just in case you have a junior golfer in your life that is looking to hit bombs too 😃

• Like 2

www.maxswingspeed.com

WEBSITE UPDATES COMING SOON - Attached are the latest training programs (Adult and Junior).

Introducing the all-new Quick Start to Speed Training Program. 

This program showcases the latest research in speed training and after months of player testing provides a quicker route to increasing your clubhead speed.

After completing the Quick Start to Speed Training Program

you'll move on to the original and advanced training programs to continue

developing more speed, distance, balance, strength and consistency.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask because as always I'm happy to help however I can. 

Thanks!

MSS Training Chart - QSTS 32 Days Adults.pdf MSS Training Chart - QSTS 32 Days Jr.pdf

• Like 2

www.maxswingspeed.com

59 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

WEBSITE UPDATES COMING SOON - Attached are the latest training programs (Adult and Junior).

Introducing the all-new Quick Start to Speed Training Program. 

This program showcases the latest research in speed training and after months of player testing provides a quicker route to increasing your clubhead speed.

After completing the Quick Start to Speed Training Program

you'll move on to the original and advanced training programs to continue

developing more speed, distance, balance, strength and consistency.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask because as always I'm happy to help however I can. 

Thanks!

MSS Training Chart - QSTS 32 Days Adults.pdfFetching info... MSS Training Chart - QSTS 32 Days Jr.pdfFetching info...

Interesting, so you are getting rid of non dominant swings as a recommendation?

5 minutes ago, Rbsiedsc said:

Interesting, so you are getting rid of non dominant swings as a recommendation?

For a person starting out or for our more "experienced" golfers out there a program that focuses on dominant side training first seems to lead to better overall performance for a few reasons. One, it lets them work with there "natural" strong side first which offers confidence and comfort in swinging at "max effort." Two, by lowering the total number of reps and building into a fuller training program it gives the entire body/swing time to adjust to the idea of training. So many of us golfers take no time to work on practice swings or training of any kind. Its a see ball, hit ball world and progress happens at a snails pace whether its with speed or general mechanics changes. Lastly, by introducing all of the different drills at a reduce rep and dominant side first approach the later training programs have shown to work better because the person understands the movements, trusts themselves to do the drills and has already made any adjustments based on their personal needs.

• Thanks 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

This slower, build up approach makes a lot more sense to me, for the reasons you mention.  Opposite hand swings for me were so awkward that I couldn’t trust the motion, and I had some serious concerns that a lack of balance and coordination could lead to injury/game over.  Also, a lower rep, daily approach seems more likely to build a more ingrained, faster swing speed than the previous day on/day off protocols.

So, thanks for the update.  I now feel I can start toeing the speed training waters again…something I really need right now 🏌️

Edited by stryper

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

• 1 month later...

Well my training is abruptly ending. Someone stole my trainer at the gym today