2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Swing Speed Trainer - MaxSwingSpeed

2 hours ago, JimmyC59 said:

Thanks Andrew, how's business?

Business is good, thanks for asking and it's been an interesting first few months that's for sure. I've learned a lot and realize I still have a lot more to learn. The social media world is definitely a challenge seeing as how I'm a goofy 6'7" tall golfer as opposed to a smoke show talking about the latest organic mocha chino, LOL! 

I'm just stubborn enough to keep at it until it's a real success or plunges into a mountain side, plus I've got 2 more golf products waiting in the wings to keep the motivation flowing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

Received my MSS yesterday and my hear sunk when I saw the packaging bent a little.  When I took it out it looks to be alright though.  Was hoping to get started today but I am currently waiting for a radar to get to my door that I got off Ebay.  I also got my second shot yesterday and it's kicking my a** right now.  Hopefully I can get to working this weekend.  

Thanks again for creating such an awesome product.  Glad to be able to support a smaller business than giving to the bigger names.  I'll be posting some footage as I go along!

• Like 2

Driver: PXG Black Ops Tour-1 10.5deg - Tour AD TP 6S

Fairway Wood: PXG Black Ops 0311 15deg - Tour AD VR 7S
Hybrid: PXG Black Ops 0311 19deg - Tour AD DI Hyb 85S
Irons: PXG Gen6 0311P 4-GW - DG Mid 115
Wedges: Mizuno T24 54 & 58 S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond (Other testing in progress)

13 hours ago, iKOH423 said:

Received my MSS yesterday and my hear sunk when I saw the packaging bent a little.  When I took it out it looks to be alright though.  Was hoping to get started today but I am currently waiting for a radar to get to my door that I got off Ebay.  I also got my second shot yesterday and it's kicking my a** right now.  Hopefully I can get to working this weekend.  

Thanks again for creating such an awesome product.  Glad to be able to support a smaller business than giving to the bigger names.  I'll be posting some footage as I go along!

Glad it arrived quickly but not happy to hear there was packaging damage. Please let me know if there are any issues with the trainer and I will take care of it asap. Hope you recover quickly from your 2nd shot, it's crazy how it's affecting people differently. My mom was hammered into the ground for 2 days, my Dad was traipsing around like nothing happened. 

Thanks very much for the kinds words and for the support, it truly means a lot. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

www.maxswingspeed.com

So it came! And I just finished for the first time. Wow, such a short program still left me winded. Anyway, 5 driver swings after warmup and before the protocol averaged 95 mph. Yuck! That was a bit low, but 5 swings after the protocol averaged 105mph. That was more like it, lol. Add in the ssr error and those should be right around 100. I’m fine with that to start.  

1 and 2 weights are really hard to swing, 3 weights feels good and the closest to my driver. Swinging on my left side was about 15 mph lower than my right and I was always swinging outside where I was trying to.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

Hit the gym this week and my elbow is definitely tender. but after some work outs.

Starting to wonder if the elbow tenderness is just some kind of muscle imbalance. While I am not instantly stronger the elbow is actually feeling a bit better after some massaging with a gun and being sore all over of not being in a gym for a year. 

I decided to do a session after the gym because i just felt good.  

(I am wearing a elbow brace for some protection).

I am still on week 7-8 training but didn't finish all the way because the left side swing started to make the elbow sting a little.

I started the session at 122.67 MPH but ended at 125.33. Its nice to see there is still some gains even after a long lifting session.

• Like 1

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

So after 2 sessions with this I am seeing a trend.  I can't swing the 1 and 2 weights very fast.  My fastest swings come with 3 weights.  This tells me I have too much tension in my forearms during the downswing and I need to figure out how to not restrict the release.  Anyone have any drills for that?  Would it be bad to just practice with the one weight without trying to go full tilt, so I can start swinging a bit more freely?

In the bag

On 4/24/2021 at 5:55 AM, SweGolfer said:

I just want to say to everyone that this speed trainer is awesome but the best part of it all isnt the trainer its the person behind it! We had some issues shipping it to Sweden but it all worked out in the end thanks to this guy. He has being great the whole time and is a really nice guy chatting with! 

The shipping issues to Sweden were definitely a challenge and I can't thank you enough for your patience through the whole process. It's been a pleasure talking to you via IG as well and I look forward to seeing how the speed training progresses. 

www.maxswingspeed.com

On 4/24/2021 at 10:37 AM, trilerian said:

So it came! And I just finished for the first time. Wow, such a short program still left me winded. Anyway, 5 driver swings after warmup and before the protocol averaged 95 mph. Yuck! That was a bit low, but 5 swings after the protocol averaged 105mph. That was more like it, lol. Add in the ssr error and those should be right around 100. I’m fine with that to start.  

1 and 2 weights are really hard to swing, 3 weights feels good and the closest to my driver. Swinging on my left side was about 15 mph lower than my right and I was always swinging outside where I was trying to.

8 hours ago, trilerian said:

So after 2 sessions with this I am seeing a trend.  I can't swing the 1 and 2 weights very fast.  My fastest swings come with 3 weights.  This tells me I have too much tension in my forearms during the downswing and I need to figure out how to not restrict the release.  Anyone have any drills for that?  Would it be bad to just practice with the one weight without trying to go full tilt, so I can start swinging a bit more freely?

5 mph after the first session is a great start, it's when you see the baseline speed jump up and stay there that you'll really be loving life 😀 

Those non-dominant swings are always a bit of an adventure at the beginning but they'll get more natural as time goes on. When you start to feel the increase in overall flexibility and balance throughout your swing you'll see why they're so important to include into the training. 

As for swinging the light weights and having them feel awkward. You aren't the first person to mention this to me and what I have found to be a solution for people in the past is to put all 5 weights on and take slow, smooth FULL Swings like I demonstrate here https://www.instagram.com/p/CFxiB4GnM1x/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

These type of swings with the heaviest weight really let you feel every aspect of your swing. From weight transfer, wrist hinge, swing plane and release. By getting a better understanding of where your swing is and how your body is moving through space you can use that when you swing the lighter weights at max effort. You will almost instantly notice if you are death gripping, or moving your body differently. If that doesn't help let me know as there are a few other things we can try to make sure everything is on the right track. 

Thanks!

• Like 2

www.maxswingspeed.com

On 4/25/2021 at 2:23 PM, vietnameeh said:

Hit the gym this week and my elbow is definitely tender. but after some work outs.

Starting to wonder if the elbow tenderness is just some kind of muscle imbalance. While I am not instantly stronger the elbow is actually feeling a bit better after some massaging with a gun and being sore all over of not being in a gym for a year. 

I decided to do a session after the gym because i just felt good.  

(I am wearing a elbow brace for some protection).

I am still on week 7-8 training but didn't finish all the way because the left side swing started to make the elbow sting a little.

I started the session at 122.67 MPH but ended at 125.33. Its nice to see there is still some gains even after a long lifting session.

Glad you were able to make it to the gym and to hear the elbow may be on the road to recovery. I know massage has always helped me with my joint injuries and making sure to spend time gently stretching the surrounding areas. Just make sure you're listening to your body and not overstressing it to the point where you have to take lots of time off from swinging/playing, nobody wants that 🙂

Congrats on seeing the speed jump even when dealing with the elbow 💪 

www.maxswingspeed.com

After 3 sessions, or week 1, I am still seeing the same exact results.  Measured swing with a SSR and no ball with driver before program, ~95 mph.  Measured swing with driver and no ball after program is ~105 mph.  I plan to measure some swing speeds on the range tonight to see what it is with a ball.  I did finally manage to get the 2 weights to break 100 mph, one weight still in the 90s.  My left side is starting to feel better and swing speed is getting into the 90s.  Not sure I could hit a ball, lol.

I will say though that this program is pretty easy to do and doesn't take much time.  Regardless of any speed changes, it should develop better sequencing due to swinging with light and heavy weights.  The biggest challenge to using this is space.  I have to pull my car out of my garage to have enough space to use it.  I have cathedral ceilings in my living room, but my wife isn't about it.  

• Like 1

In the bag

2 hours ago, trilerian said:

After 3 sessions, or week 1, I am still seeing the same exact results.  Measured swing with a SSR and no ball with driver before program, ~95 mph.  Measured swing with driver and no ball after program is ~105 mph.  I plan to measure some swing speeds on the range tonight to see what it is with a ball.  I did finally manage to get the 2 weights to break 100 mph, one weight still in the 90s.  My left side is starting to feel better and swing speed is getting into the 90s.  Not sure I could hit a ball, lol.

I will say though that this program is pretty easy to do and doesn't take much time.  Regardless of any speed changes, it should develop better sequencing due to swinging with light and heavy weights.  The biggest challenge to using this is space.  I have to pull my car out of my garage to have enough space to use it.  I have cathedral ceilings in my living room, but my wife isn't about it.  

One thing i do is really focus on trying to get faster. that included different feels and different sequencing.

for me the feel is a squat and jump... but i found that i would jump too early... so my new feel is squatting or staying down longer

• Like 1

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Another session in this time post 1st dose of the pfizer vaccine!

I was hoping for some mutant power speed but nahhh 

I started the session avg 121.67 and ended at 129.33!!! thanks to hitting a magical PR swing of 136!

Probably an error! because i kept trying to hit 130+ again and couldnt LOL

• Like 3

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

First full week in the books. Feeling faster already, but need to pick up a new personal swing speed monitor. I hit a couple drivers the week before I started the training on a gcquad and had the driver working at 109 on my best swings, but the average dropped off to 106. One thing I was thoroughly happy with and that helps with carry distance is I don’t miss the center often, my smash avg was 1.48Plan on heading back in a couple weeks for a more thorough fitting and would like to be around 110-112 for an average, but we’ll see how this 40 year old body performs. 

Currently, I’m back to playing traditionally lofted blades and getting the 36* 7 iron out there 155-160 carry again on the range is nice to see as well. May plan on making an iron change, but waiting to see how much speed I gain before making any real decisions. Either way, I am really enjoying a more effortless feeling “normal” swing.

20 hours ago, vietnameeh said:

I started the session avg 121.67 and ended at 129.33!!! thanks to hitting a magical PR swing of 136!

Also, this is mutant power speed as far as I’m concerned lol. Nice job!

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 6:12 AM, trilerian said:

Funny how we can't always get our better halves to understand the importance of swinging inside. I mean, it can be so helpful to mimic the guys on tv directly in front of said tv 🤣

First, I'm glad your finding the training easy and not too time consuming. There are a lot of benefits to swinging the trainer, one of them being speed and you're spot on with another benefit of it helping with swing sequencing too. As for the 1 weight still not being fast, I'd need to see your swing to know for sure but I have encountered an issue where some people find the weight so light that their almost subconsciously afraid to really go after it because they can't really feel the club. If that is what it's feeling like for you take a look at this vid I shot in my backyard.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIzCWJQH6sL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 

Those swings are with one weight and I am going full tilt to see what kind of speed numbers I can hit. It may not be the prettiest swing on earth but I have maintained my balance and you can definitely see I'm not leaving anything in the tank. Give that a whirl and if you're still not seeing the number or feeling the swing let me know.

• Like 2

www.maxswingspeed.com

22 hours ago, vietnameeh said:

I'm not a doctor but I'll need to agree with @AN1982 those are mutant speeds 🤣 

We might need to get you enrolled in the Xavier School for the Gifted if you keep this up.

• Haha 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

Hello all, I wanted to reach out to those of you who were kind enough to give my product a shot and to everyone who has been so great here in the forums. I wanted to first thank you and to second ask for your help with some video/picture content.

I am looking to get more people showing off their swings and the trainer on my Instagram page because apparently only seeing me swing has grown old (that's directly from my wife so god only knows what everyone else is thinking 🤣😂🤣 ).

If you're interested please let me know via email, [email protected] as it'll be easier to keep track of everyone and to share examples of what type of content I'm looking for.

Thanks again everyone! 

• Like 4

www.maxswingspeed.com

Got another session in.

this one had some anger in it. I played probably my worst round in a while. A little "pro" tip: Make sure to work on your touch once you start getting stronger and working on speed

I started going to the gym last week (after a year of not lifting) so i was painfully sore everywhere by my round on saturday.

I forgot what happens to your feels when you are super sore and don't touch a club during that time . I had no feel, no timing in any swing... even the driver even though I hit 1 or 2 bombs but that's about it LOL. I had dead legs and could not hit a short shot to save my life as all my short clubs felt so light in my hands. lesson learned .... again!

Anyways todays session my legs still a little sore. I started the session at 121 average. What I can say though is i felt really strong during this session I felt like I had more strength and control of the club. While I still got a little winded the club did not feel that heavy to me until the heaviest weight.

I ended the session like a beast at 132.67MPH. Thats with all swings over 130 MPH. The only other time i hit over 130 avg I had an "outlier" that bumped the number up. Today I hit 133, 133 and then 132!

I didn't take video this time as I was home in my pajamas , but I will get it recorded!.

Now i need to actually focus on my game LOL. 

• Like 1

Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Got a session in last night.  Since I started this on a Saturday, I just decided to make Monday's session the first session of the week.  Anyway, I was super exhausted and almost pushed the session to today, but you know where that can lead, lol.  I got it in, and it wasn't good, but the my speed is coming up left handed, into the 90s with all swings, and I did manage to get the swings with 1 and 2 weights over 100, right handed.  But overall my averages were down yesterday with my driver.  This is the first regression that I have had, I know it is going to happen since I've read all the posts in the thread, but I still can't help but be a little bummed by it.  

Now for the weird...  I was on the range Sunday with my swing speed radar.  With my driver I was right around 101-102 hitting balls, and they were carrying right around 240-250, so the speed seems correct.  But, when I would hit my 4w, I was getting 105-106 on the radar and carrying my 4w about 225-230.  Just interesting, maybe the length of the trainer is lending itself better to 3w length instead of driver?  Also I'm starting to get the distance back that I lost with my irons over the winter from being sedentary, so that is a good thing.  

• Like 1

In the bag

On 4/30/2021 at 7:21 PM, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Hello all, I wanted to reach out to those of you who were kind enough to give my product a shot and to everyone who has been so great here in the forums. I wanted to first thank you and to second ask for your help with some video/picture content.

I am looking to get more people showing off their swings and the trainer on my Instagram page because apparently only seeing me swing has grown old (that's directly from my wife so god only knows what everyone else is thinking 🤣😂🤣 ).

If you're interested please let me know via email, [email protected] as it'll be easier to keep track of everyone and to share examples of what type of content I'm looking for.

Thanks again everyone! 

I sent email RedneckAsian 

20 hours ago, vietnameeh said:

Got another session in.

this one had some anger in it. I played probably my worst round in a while. A little "pro" tip: Make sure to work on your touch once you start getting stronger and working on speed

I started going to the gym last week (after a year of not lifting) so i was painfully sore everywhere by my round on saturday.

I forgot what happens to your feels when you are super sore and don't touch a club during that time . I had no feel, no timing in any swing... even the driver even though I hit 1 or 2 bombs but that's about it LOL. I had dead legs and could not hit a short shot to save my life as all my short clubs felt so light in my hands. lesson learned .... again!

Anyways todays session my legs still a little sore. I started the session at 121 average. What I can say though is i felt really strong during this session I felt like I had more strength and control of the club. While I still got a little winded the club did not feel that heavy to me until the heaviest weight.

I ended the session like a beast at 132.67MPH. Thats with all swings over 130 MPH. The only other time i hit over 130 avg I had an "outlier" that bumped the number up. Today I hit 133, 133 and then 132!

I didn't take video this time as I was home in my pajamas , but I will get it recorded!.

Now i need to actually focus on my game LOL. 

The speed numbers you are putting up are really impressive and you are officially a poster child for the benefits of overspeed training 😁💪 

The fact your doing angry swings in your pajamas and hitting the numbers you're hitting is flying in the face of the old saying "it's the clothes that make the man" LOL

I can definitely attest to how you need to work on touch once you've been working out. One of my closest friends was an avid golfer, then got into heavy weight lifting and completely lost his short game to the point he will barely play anymore. I watched him go from playing in Golf Channel Am Tour events to putting balls across greens because he has no touch. I will say, he can probably pick up a house and throw it now, so he's got that going for him. Which is nice 😜

www.maxswingspeed.com

5 hours ago, trilerian said:

Got a session in last night.  Since I started this on a Saturday, I just decided to make Monday's session the first session of the week.  Anyway, I was super exhausted and almost pushed the session to today, but you know where that can lead, lol.  I got it in, and it wasn't good, but the my speed is coming up left handed, into the 90s with all swings, and I did manage to get the swings with 1 and 2 weights over 100, right handed.  But overall my averages were down yesterday with my driver.  This is the first regression that I have had, I know it is going to happen since I've read all the posts in the thread, but I still can't help but be a little bummed by it.  

Now for the weird...  I was on the range Sunday with my swing speed radar.  With my driver I was right around 101-102 hitting balls, and they were carrying right around 240-250, so the speed seems correct.  But, when I would hit my 4w, I was getting 105-106 on the radar and carrying my 4w about 225-230.  Just interesting, maybe the length of the trainer is lending itself better to 3w length instead of driver?  Also I'm starting to get the distance back that I lost with my irons over the winter from being sedentary, so that is a good thing.  

Progress on the light weights is great to see and as hard as it is to not be discourage by a drop off don't worry about it too much. I have gone over it in earlier posts but I'll mention it again day to day numbers will fluctuate as performance does with almost any training program. We naturally have are up and down days and it can be related to so many factors. The goal is speed gains over time and the fact the weights you were struggling with at first have improved should make you happy about where you'll be in the future as you continue to work through the protocols and as your body and swing adapt to the new/faster movements. 

As for the length, this is another very personal thing. I did a lot of testing with different lengths and settled on where it's at because it showed the most gains for the most people. You'd be shocked at how many people will swing a 48" shaft slower than their 3 wood, even at the same weight. There is something about longer clubs that can really effect sequencing, timing and release for certain people and until they learn to get their body working with said length they may see faster speeds with shorter length clubs. One of the reasons those mini drivers were all the rage a few years ago was not only the loft helping a majority of people but also the length. I personally could smoke those things almost as far as my driver and it was simply because the shorter, heavier club just worked for me. Other people, not so much. 

• Thanks 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

Thought I’d post an update for all my fans out there 😎, despite having done no training sessions in the last three weeks due to back and shoulder concerns.  I have, however, been able to swing, play golf and get in some limited range work.

So, it was rainy day here, and on a whim, I decided to jump in the sim and do a max-effort swing session to see how the speed was holding up.  

Averages on nine recorded swings, with no shots deleted:

Club Speed - 101.13

Ball Speed - 144.03

Shot Distance - 263.07

Smash - 1.43

With the exception of smash, these were just slightly under my best recorded numbers of March 15th.  As in that session, today I used the TT tones (21/7).  It’s worth noting that these were the only two recorded sessions using the tones.  In addition to the tones, I was paying extra attention to getting more extension on the backswing.

Not much to conclude about the MaxSwingSpeed program, other than that gains do not necessarily decline when training is temporarily suspended.  Tempo and technique also seem to play a role in performance enhancement.  (No sh*t, right?)  

Still waiting to see the abbreviated protocols. 

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

18 minutes ago, ALTSean said:

I just got the Max Swing Speed and a PRGR.  I tried the PRGR on the range for the first time yesterday and my practice swing without a ball were consistently displaying / measuring 7-10 mph slower than my real swings hitting a ball.  Is this a common / known issue with the PRGR?  Any suggestions?

I think that is a common issue with a lot of swing speed radars.  It has to do with where your release is with and without a ball.  

• Like 2

In the bag

1 minute ago, trilerian said:

I think that is a common issue with a lot of swing speed radars.  It has to do with where your release is with and without a ball.  

Ok, that's good to know.  

Is the PRGR consistent in its readings for swings without a ball?  I plan to use it with the Max Swing Speed to hopefully track improvements so I mostly want to establish a baseline now and then see improvements.  Probably doesn't matter too much if I see a 5 mph gain going from 90 to 95 mph or 100 to 105 mph with the practice swings.  The swing speed when hitting a ball seemed pretty accurate based off my previous times on higher end machines like a Track Man.