2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Swing Speed Trainer - MaxSwingSpeed

I’ve started week 5 today (been recording speed beginning week 3)

im liking the progression to more swings 

I started the session 121.33 avg with driver and I was amped thinking i was gonna kill it!

ended the session at 122 LOL! 

but I did hit another swing PR BBBA1462-99BF-4443-8267-98CA3B93726F.jpeg.aec10b943a5191c89896ddcf1c3e0744.jpeg

i think it so funny the swings that were 10mph slower felt like I gave it way more effort

• Like 2

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

17 hours ago, vietnameeh said:

I’ve started week 5 today (been recording speed beginning week 3)

im liking the progression to more swings 

I started the session 121.33 avg with driver and I was amped thinking i was gonna kill it!

ended the session at 122 LOL! 

but I did hit another swing PR BBBA1462-99BF-4443-8267-98CA3B93726F.jpeg.aec10b943a5191c89896ddcf1c3e0744.jpeg

i think it so funny the swings that were 10mph slower felt like I gave it way more effort

Congrats on another PR, I don't think i need to tell you that's damn fast 😜

It is amazing how trying to swing fast creates more tension and can actually slow things down. There is such a fine line between a relaxed max effort to create max speed compared to gritting your teeth and "muscling" the club around. 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

On 3/7/2021 at 6:27 AM, millerman said:

Ok Max swing Speed, 8 weeks training finally completed to the letter of the PDF 

unfortunately We still wait for March the 29 th to hit a ball or anything like get near a golf course.

it’s a mini work out so know their is some effort gone in to this the ground underneath my shoes where I have been in the garden looks like a dog has been scraping and digging so know that’s changed the way i have been in transition 

so my question is now I have 3 weeks to go and want to continue doing some of the protocols do we go from week 3/4 to 7/8 or have you managed to look at some others.

I know you were busy with marriage planning so you are fully excused 😀

let me know when you have had a chance to review and let me know.

think you have my e mail but can message you if you need to send 

thanks in advance

Hopefully the 3 weeks flies by so you can get back out there to see your progress so far. 

Thanks for the patience with my wedding going on, I hate that I haven't been able to meet the advanced training updates but sometimes life definitely gets in the way of business. I would continue with the week 7/8 protocols or take a full week off from speed training and then go back to week 5/6.

If you choose to take the week off from speed training I would absolutely recommend taking 25 or so swings right and left handed with all the weights attached. This will help maintain, strength, flexibility and the overall body progress you've made swinging in both directions.

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

Found out why I was having a post hidden... I was using a term that has one definition as "a decisive overriding factor or final resource" to describe life taking over business sometimes... it's also a term when playing certain card games... it's also the name of the former prez... apparently they thought I was getting political and it got auto-blocked.

• Haha 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

So I just wanted to give a mini review on the product. I bought it a few weeks ago and have been doing the training. Did the first session on March 1st and went to the golf dome the next day. I was averaging about 92.8 mph. I've never really paid attention to my driver speed and I noticed I had topped out at 97-98.

I had them cut down the shaft so it plays at 36". I'm 5'11" with a wingspan of 6'. I have used it indoors in a room with 10' ceilings and I have had no problems with it. The weights lock in place securely with just finger tightening.

• Like 2

D-Taylormade SIM MAX D Diamana PD 50r

3w- Honma TW-XP1 

17° Adams XTD Ti super hybrid

4h-5h- Tour Edge Exotics ex9

6-AW- Cleveland Launcher XL Nippon Zelos 7

56°- Cleveland CBX Zipcore

60°- Lazrus

P- Odyssey eleven tour lined stroke lab shaft

On 3/4/2021 at 11:30 AM, Rbsiedsc said:

My only concern with this aid is if it is as good as others are showing, I'd need to get refit into stronger shafts 😛 

My concern too lol, that being said getting a new driver shaft is a way to satisfy the club ho.

D-Taylormade SIM MAX D Diamana PD 50r

3w- Honma TW-XP1 

17° Adams XTD Ti super hybrid

4h-5h- Tour Edge Exotics ex9

6-AW- Cleveland Launcher XL Nippon Zelos 7

56°- Cleveland CBX Zipcore

60°- Lazrus

P- Odyssey eleven tour lined stroke lab shaft

I just finished the first four weeks of training.

Little background: 61 YO, returned to the game in 2019 after a 27 year hiatus and two rotator cuff surgeries. Hitting into a net with my Voice Caddie SC 300.

At the start, my average swing speed was around 83-85 MPH.

After yesterday's session, I averaged 90 MPH. My average drive has increased about twenty yards. Some of that is attributable to my improved setup, but the swing speed increase is real.

I'm looking forward to the start of the season here, Ct, in another week or so. 

Edited by JimmyC59
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JimmyC59 said:

Little background: 61 YO, returned to the game in 2019 after a 27 year hiatus and two rotator cuff surgeries. Hitting into a net with my Voice Caddie SC 300.

After yesterday's session, I averaged 90 MPH. My average drive has increased about twenty yards. Some of that is attributable to my improved setup, but the swing speed increase is real.

Good luck...age-wise we’re in the same boat, so I’ll be following your progress.  

• Like 1

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

On 3/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, stryper said:

Week five, day one: post-session swing speed average was 99.9.    

Week six, day one:  SS average 96.12...worst numbers since starting this journey.  Disappointing to say the least.  Felt strong, well-rested, but just couldn't get it going for whatever reason.  Felt more like a regression than a plateau, and I'm curious if others have had a similar experience and what I can expect going forward? 

• Like 1

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

Okay, got back in the sim this morning, even though I probably shouldn’t have, as I was feeling bit run down from yesterday’s session. Did a fairly brief warmup that included a few drills working on center face (iron) contact and getting my hands higher/deeper in my backswing.  Then I hit a couple of drivers and was right at the 96-97 as before.  Did no Max or Superspeed protocols at all.

I then went into a max-effort swing session with my driver,  recording 9 swings, no swings deleted: 

Average SS, 101.81

Average ball speed, 145.92

Average smash, 1.43 (Yes I know there’s room for improvement there.)

THe highest SS recorded was 103.04; the lowest was 100.56.  The ONLY thing I did different from my other recording sessions, whether pre or post potocol, was that I used the 18/6 Tour Tempo tones as I was swinging. 

What to conclude?  I don’t know, other than the quest for speed really is bizarro world. But I will say, today was a lot more fun than yesterday. 🤷‍♂️

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

On 3/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, Roejye said:

So I just wanted to give a mini review on the product. I bought it a few weeks ago and have been doing the training. Did the first session on March 1st and went to the golf dome the next day. I was averaging about 92.8 mph. I've never really paid attention to my driver speed and I noticed I had topped out at 97-98.

I had them cut down the shaft so it plays at 36". I'm 5'11" with a wingspan of 6'. I have used it indoors in a room with 10' ceilings and I have had no problems with it. The weights lock in place securely with just finger tightening.

Really glad it's working out for you. One of these days architects will realize we all need vaulted ceilings because us golfers need somewhere to swing when it's cold out or boring commercials come on. 😜

www.maxswingspeed.com

On 3/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, JimmyC59 said:

NICE WORK! It's always great to see progress like this, congrats on the swing tweaks and speed work showing positive results. Looking forward to more updates!

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

On 3/13/2021 at 4:18 AM, stryper said:

I think this is a great example of why maintaining solid mechanics and focusing on balance is so huge when working on speed. Swinging faster is great, if it makes you not trust where things are going, not so much. I will say for a lot of people, speed work with my trainer will not only make the game a bit easier because of new found distance but over time the amount of swings definitely help engrain a more efficient and natural move. 

www.maxswingspeed.com

4 hours ago, stryper said:

Okay, got back in the sim this morning, even though I probably shouldn’t have, as I was feeling bit run down from yesterday’s session. Did a fairly brief warmup that included a few drills working on center face (iron) contact and getting my hands higher/deeper in my backswing.  Then I hit a couple of drivers and was right at the 96-97 as before.  Did no Max or Superspeed protocols at all.

I then went into a max-effort swing session with my driver,  recording 9 swings, no swings deleted: 

Average SS, 101.81

Average ball speed, 145.92

Average smash, 1.43 (Yes I know there’s room for improvement there.)

THe highest SS recorded was 103.04; the lowest was 100.56.  The ONLY thing I did different from my other recording sessions, whether pre or post potocol, was that I used the 18/6 Tour Tempo tones as I was swinging. 

What to conclude?  I don’t know, other than the quest for speed really is bizarro world. But I will say, today was a lot more fun than yesterday. 🤷‍♂️

Based on your previous post I was a bit concerned too but perhaps it was just an off day. I know I've said that things don't always progress in a linear fashion but feeling a regression is not what we want to see. I have had to adjust training programs for people in the past as their overall progress was stalled or very slow. If we see an "off-day" pattern emerge I'm happy to work with you to find an adjustment to the training that works for you.

It could also be that you had unknowingly slowed our backswing down thinking you needed to "wind up" to then fire a max effort swing. Perhaps the Tour Tempo (amazing product BTW, I have one and love it) has helped reset your body/brain and allowed the new speed you've been working on come out. 

101 is damn good!  

www.maxswingspeed.com

51 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Based on your previous post I was a bit concerned too but perhaps it was just an off day. I know I've said that things don't always progress in a linear fashion but feeling a regression is not what we want to see. I have had to adjust training programs for people in the past as their overall progress was stalled or very slow. If we see an "off-day" pattern emerge I'm happy to work with you to find an adjustment to the training that works for you.

It could also be that you had unknowingly slowed our backswing down thinking you needed to "wind up" to then fire a max effort swing. Perhaps the Tour Tempo (amazing product BTW, I have one and love it) has helped reset your body/brain and allowed the new speed you've been working on come out. 

101 is damn good!  

Definitely a learning curve involved here.  Learning what works training-wise and learning what my 61y/o body can and can’t tolerate.  Right now, it appears I’m on a roller coaster ride, since I’ve seen a couple of lows in these few short weeks, but so far there’s been a bounce back each time, with today’s session being my latest high.  Ultimate what matters most is that through continued training my actual on-course base will be higher, kinda like Bryson dialing it back this week, but still being relatively longer than before.

TT is an interesting tool too.  I’ve used it off and on for a long time, and I’ve always settled into the 21/7 tempo, but when I pushed it to 18/6, I definitely saw more speed emerge.  Bryson and Berkshire talk about a faster backswing leading to a faster overall swing in their YouTube videos, I think Alex and the Biff do so as well.  

At this point, I’m leaning more toward a 2x a week or maybe 5x in two week training schedule, since I basically never have a rest day between playing golf and hitting the gym.  Maybe I’m not smart enough to give myself enough recovery time, but I also feel very much under the gun to turn back the calendar while I still can.

Always good to get your input, can’t wait to see more training protocols, even if I’m not ready for them yet. Hope you’ll post more data, too, from your guinea pigs, so we can see more real world examples of people’s progress.  For my part, I’ll always be honest and post the progress as it comes.

• Like 1

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

17 minutes ago, stryper said:

Definitely a learning curve involved here.  Learning what works training-wise and learning what my 61y/o body can and can’t tolerate.  Right now, it appears I’m on a roller coaster ride, since I’ve seen a couple of lows in these few short weeks, but so far there’s been a bounce back each time, with today’s session being my latest high.  Ultimate what matters most is that through continued training my actual on-course base will be higher, kinda like Bryson dialing it back this week, but still being relatively longer than before.

TT is an interesting tool too.  I’ve used it off and on for a long time, and I’ve always settled into the 21/7 tempo, but when I pushed it to 18/6, I definitely saw more speed emerge.  Bryson and Berkshire talk about a faster backswing leading to a faster overall swing in their YouTube videos, I think Alex and the Biff do so as well.  

At this point, I’m leaning more toward a 2x a week or maybe 5x in two week training schedule, since I basically never have a rest day between playing golf and hitting the gym.  Maybe I’m not smart enough to give myself enough recovery time, but I also feel very much under the gun to turn back the calendar while I still can.

Always good to get your input, can’t wait to see more training protocols, even if I’m not ready for them yet. Hope you’ll post more data, too, from your guinea pigs, so we can see more real world examples of people’s progress.  For my part, I’ll always be honest and post the progress as it comes.

It would be nice if training was straightforward and smooth for everyone. It's great that you're tweaking things to best suit your body and needs. After watching the way I shot the training demos I realized I really needed to make it clear that everyone needs to pace themselves to get the best results. Speeding through the process was needed to get into a length of video requirement not a best practice for individual training needs.

Can't argue with your success once you made the adjustment to fewer sessions or swings. As long as you can give the max effort and maintain form you will see improvement. 

I appreciate your honest progress updates as I know it's great for everyone reading the thread and allows me to track users and make adjustments as needed. 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

At long last, the updated site and advanced training programs are available. Thank you all so much for your patience as I took care of wedding plans and got married. This is truly is an amazing community of golfers.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdQKCQl3TD/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link - Quick Demo video of the drills. More in depth explanations and videos to follow this week.

https://www.maxswingspeed.com/advanced-training - Direct link to the advanced training page. Juniors advanced has been added too.  

Thanks again!

Edited by MaxSwingSpeed
info mistake
  • Like 4

www.maxswingspeed.com

Another quick update. In case anyone out there has been hesitant to purchase from a new brand or "random" website I was just approved to sell on the Walmart Marketplace and am awaiting Amazon approval as we speak (type, lol).

Direct link to the product page here - https://www.walmart.com/ip/MaxSwingSpeed-Golf-Training-Aid/965202812

Thanks!

• Like 3

www.maxswingspeed.com

10 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Another quick update. In case anyone out there has been hesitant to purchase from a new brand or "random" website I was just approved to sell on the Walmart Marketplace and am awaiting Amazon approval as we speak (type, lol).

Direct link to the product page here - https://www.walmart.com/ip/MaxSwingSpeed-Golf-Training-Aid/965202812

Thanks!

Good for you Andrew.

You're a good retailer with a great product and gave me excellent customer service.

• Thanks 1

Shout out to @MaxSwingSpeed!  We got the replacement weights for our swing speed trainer on Saturday.  My son had overtightened a couple of them, and we couldn't get them apparent.  So he was kind enough to send us a replacement.  It took a bit, but that's due to the f-ed up postal service, I'm sure.

I still think I can get the stuck weights apparent.  Just have to find a friend with the proper tools.

6 hours ago, davechen said:

Shout out to @MaxSwingSpeed!  We got the replacement weights for our swing speed trainer on Saturday.  My son had overtightened a couple of them, and we couldn't get them apparent.  So he was kind enough to send us a replacement.  It took a bit, but that's due to the f-ed up postal service, I'm sure.

I still think I can get the stuck weights apparent.  Just have to find a friend with the proper tools.

Glad they finally showed up. Thanks for understanding the shipping delays. I'm getting to the point where I may just start walking deliveries to people as it might end up being faster. Channel lock pliers worked for me when I tightened them as much as possible on purpose, couple of rags to protect the surface too. Good luck! 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

1 hour ago, K9Life said:

What has been the best position to put the radar in While using indoors

I took this picture of the setup I use in my garage and outdoors to help someone on Instagram so hopefully it helps you too. 

Alignment stick is inside of my left heel pointing at ball (or where ball would be), radar out in front basically 10-15 inches and further away 10-15 inches. Quick and simple to set up and the only thing I'll do outside is to put tees in the ground to make sure I am always in the same spot to keep my data collecting as consistent as possible. 

PXL_20210102_163554626.jpg

www.maxswingspeed.com

1 hour ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

I took this picture of the setup I use in my garage and outdoors to help someone on Instagram so hopefully it helps you too. 

Alignment stick is inside of my left heel pointing at ball (or where ball would be), radar out in front basically 10-15 inches and further away 10-15 inches. Quick and simple to set up and the only thing I'll do outside is to put tees in the ground to make sure I am always in the same spot to keep my data collecting as consistent as possible. 

PXL_20210102_163554626.jpg

What has been the best position to put the radar in While using indoors

great  thanks