2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New Swing Speed Trainer - MaxSwingSpeed

I just read all 12 pages of this thread and I am convinced.  I am going to most definitely pick this up whenever there is another promo.  Super excited to try this out!  Love all the responses and communication from MSS as well.

Is the best/cheapest place for a SSR eBay?  I will want to pick one up but hopefully find one for a good price.

Driver: PXG Black Ops Tour-1 10.5deg - Tour AD TP 6S

Fairway Wood: PXG Black Ops 0311 15deg - Tour AD VR 7S
Hybrid: PXG Black Ops 0311 19deg - Tour AD DI Hyb 85S
Irons: PXG Gen6 0311P 4-GW - DG Mid 115
Wedges: Mizuno T24 54 & 58 S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond (Other testing in progress)

Just purchased one.  We'll see if I can commit to the protocols.  I love to go play golf and go to the driving range, but committing to training is always difficult.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

10 hours ago, iKOH423 said:

I just read all 12 pages of this thread and I am convinced.  I am going to most definitely pick this up whenever there is another promo.  Super excited to try this out!  Love all the responses and communication from MSS as well.

Is the best/cheapest place for a SSR eBay?  I will want to pick one up but hopefully find one for a good price.

Thanks very much for considering my trainer, I appreciate it! As for a promo, I tend to do them at random intervals based on which way the wind is blowing, LOL. I currently have a 10% off coupon if you sign up on the website and I am still offering free priority shipping. 

As for the SSR, the most consistently cheap place for me has been Amazon, they are almost always $120 with free shipping. I have seen "deals" on ebay but nothing mind blowing for a new one.

Thanks again!

www.maxswingspeed.com

1 hour ago, trilerian said:

Just purchased one.  We'll see if I can commit to the protocols.  I love to go play golf and go to the driving range, but committing to training is always difficult.

Just got the order notification, thanks very much! I will be shipping it out later today. I have always been a range rat myself so making sure the training protocols didn't take an hour was important to me. Once you get a hang of the training you will see it doesn't take too long and not only will you be working on building speed but your flexibility and golf strength will improve where hitting balls and playing 18 feel even better. 

Thanks again and happy speed hunting!

www.maxswingspeed.com

57 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Thanks very much for considering my trainer, I appreciate it! As for a promo, I tend to do them at random intervals based on which way the wind is blowing, LOL. I currently have a 10% off coupon if you sign up on the website and I am still offering free priority shipping. 

As for the SSR, the most consistently cheap place for me has been Amazon, they are almost always $120 with free shipping. I have seen "deals" on ebay but nothing mind blowing for a new one.

Thanks again!

That's all I needed to know, I just placed my order.  I am excited to get this in my hands and start training with this.  Thank you!

Driver: PXG Black Ops Tour-1 10.5deg - Tour AD TP 6S

Fairway Wood: PXG Black Ops 0311 15deg - Tour AD VR 7S
Hybrid: PXG Black Ops 0311 19deg - Tour AD DI Hyb 85S
Irons: PXG Gen6 0311P 4-GW - DG Mid 115
Wedges: Mizuno T24 54 & 58 S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 / Never Compromise Dinero Prototype 

Ball: Srixon ZStar Diamond (Other testing in progress)

53 minutes ago, iKOH423 said:

That's all I needed to know, I just placed my order.  I am excited to get this in my hands and start training with this.  Thank you!

Glad to hear it and thanks very much for your order! Please keep us updated on your progress and if you're into sharing content on Instagram let me know so I can repost how you're getting on there too https://www.instagram.com/maxswingspeed/

Thanks again!

www.maxswingspeed.com

21 minutes ago, AN1982 said:

Just placed an order as well. I used the other speedsticks years ago and made some definite speed gains. Can’t wait to try out some new protocols and gain some distance back after that long winter layoff. 

Thanks so much for your order as well! Training for speed and seeing results is always a blast and I look forward to seeing how you get on with my trainer.

I know I'm getting into broken record territory but please keep us updated with how things are going and if you're into sharing content on Instagram let me know so I can repost how you're getting on there too https://www.instagram.com/maxswingspeed/

Thanks again!

www.maxswingspeed.com

looks like i need to take a a little break... getting some pain in the elbow (feels like golfer's elbow). Which I think is just from hitting range balls the other day (I rarely hit range balls). So going to rest it and not do anything trainings. Will see if there is a speed drop off from 1-2 weeks off (hopefully not 2 weeks lol)

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

On 4/20/2021 at 9:29 AM, vietnameeh said:

looks like i need to take a a little break... getting some pain in the elbow (feels like golfer's elbow). Which I think is just from hitting range balls the other day (I rarely hit range balls). So going to rest it and not do anything trainings. Will see if there is a speed drop off from 1-2 weeks off (hopefully not 2 weeks lol)

might wanna make an appointment with a physio. the treatment philosophy for medial/lateral epicondylitis has changed over the years. i believe it's now considered degenerative instead of inflammatory, so while short-term rest may be beneficial, strengthening seems to be the cure. also, i'm not a doc so take what i say with a ginormous grain of salt. 😉

anyway, i'm probably gonna be out for a couple of months with biceps and rotator cuff tendonitis. super happy with the speed gains i made and still have room for more. this next time around i'm going to work more closely with a physio and physical trainer to make sure i can avoid injury. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

might wanna make an appointment with a physio. the treatment philosophy for medial/lateral epicondylitis has changed over the years. i believe it's now considered degenerative instead of inflammatory, so while short-term rest may be beneficial, strengthening seems to be the cure. also, i'm not a doc so take what i say with a ginormous grain of salt. 😉

anyway, i'm probably gonna be out for a couple of months with biceps and rotator cuff tendonitis. super happy with the speed gains i made and still have room for more. this next time around i'm going to work more closely with a physio and physical trainer to make sure i can avoid injury. 

with gyms opening up in my area, i contemplating get back in.

I use to do a lot of forearm work and never had issues with "injuries". I think its time

• Like 1

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

7 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

Curious about your injuries...where they a result of the speed training?  Then par4success guys are pretty adamant about getting a proper assessment and doing other things in addition to just the speed training protocols.  

Personally, I’ve backed off a bit due to back (and other) concerns.  Three training sessions a week in addition to my regular gym and practice/playing time was just too much.  Since then, I hadn’t checked my numbers, until yesterday.  That session showed a 1.6 mph drop in average club speed but an increase in both ball speed and overall distance.  Better club path and launch angle averages account for that.  

So, I’m still on board with a more abbreviated protocol, though I probably will un-abbreviate it some to see I feel I can find a schedule that’s allows me to start inching up again.  

• Like 2

Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

On 4/19/2021 at 9:11 AM, trilerian said:

I have been following the protocols to the letter. Even the 7-8 week training only takes about 15 minutes including the warm up exercises.

I have seen at least a 6-7 MPH increase in SS.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stryper said:

Curious about your injuries...where they a result of the speed training?

i really wish i knew but i honestly don't. i was lifting weights 3x/week, doing speed training 2x-3x/week, and hitting balls for about an hour 4x-5x/week. 

i was hesitant to share my injuries in this thread because i don't know exactly what caused them, and i don't want to discourage anyone from speed training. i'm confident speed training helped me make some significant jumps pretty quickly -- i.e. my separation/disassociation improved noticeably when i started going after it with the lightest weight.

but when i saw @vietnameeh's post i decided to jump in because i wish i would have sought the help of a physio sooner rather than later. and i would recommend the same for anyone who is even thinking about it.

i'm not done with speed training, but based on my current circumstances i need to be a little more patient and work on my physical foundation first. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:29 AM, vietnameeh said:

I suffered golfers elbow in my lead arm for almost a year.  Deep tissue massaging my forearm was what eventually worked to get rid of it, but it was still a process.  

50 minutes ago, JimmyC59 said:

I have been following the protocols to the letter. Even the 7-8 week training only takes about 15 minutes including the warm up exercises.

I have seen at least a 6-7 MPH increase in SS.

Tracking says it will be at my door on Friday, so I'll start on Saturday.  I'm really hoping to get about 10 mph increase, current swing is ~100 mph, although there are times when my sequencing is perfect and I swing a bit faster.  Regardless, I will post updates

• Like 2

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

On 4/20/2021 at 8:29 AM, vietnameeh said:

Sorry to hear about your elbow. Dealing with injuries is never fun so I hope things heal up quickly for you. Were you hitting balls off of a mat by chance? I know my shoulder will always flare up if I hit too many balls off of mats

www.maxswingspeed.com

2 hours ago, hoselpalooza said:

Hey hosel, sorry to hear about your tendonitis too, I never like seeing injuries taking people away from golf or training. Glad you're happy with the speed gains so far! Do you think the tendonitis was from the speed training itself or the addition of it to your usual practice/training routine? I'd really like to get a grasp on anecdotal outcomes in regards to the amount of reps causing issues and whether it's the training itself or an over use of the muscles due to training and practicing. 

Hope you heal up quickly!

Edited by MaxSwingSpeed
Punctuation

www.maxswingspeed.com

1 hour ago, vietnameeh said:

with gyms opening up in my area, i contemplating get back in.

I use to do a lot of forearm work and never had issues with "injuries". I think its time

Nice that gyms are opening up for you. When I was a pitcher in college we had to do an insane amount of forearm work (spring grippers, buckets of rice, ball squeezes, etc...) and it definitely helped me. Even if you can't get into the gym at the very least get yourself a racquetball to squeeze when you have down time or are watching tv. That helped me immensely and I still do it to this day when I'm feeling any elbow discomfort. Another option is the "Powerball Gyroscope", that is a surprising little butt kicker to the forearm. Good luck! 

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

1 hour ago, stryper said:

Curious about your injuries...where they a result of the speed training?  Then par4success guys are pretty adamant about getting a proper assessment and doing other things in addition to just the speed training protocols.  

Personally, I’ve backed off a bit due to back (and other) concerns.  Three training sessions a week in addition to my regular gym and practice/playing time was just too much.  Since then, I hadn’t checked my numbers, until yesterday.  That session showed a 1.6 mph drop in average club speed but an increase in both ball speed and overall distance.  Better club path and launch angle averages account for that.  

So, I’m still on board with a more abbreviated protocol, though I probably will un-abbreviate it some to see I feel I can find a schedule that’s allows me to start inching up again.  

Hey Stryper, 

I'm curious about the injuries as well and have looked into the par4success guys as well. After you mentioned some issues in the past it inspired me to look into creating a more abbreviated training protocol and the last tester will be sending his results this weekend. I'm hoping that once I've compiled the data I will be able to definitively show that there are options available to training success based on how you personally feel, time available for training as well as any physical limitations. 

Congrats on the increased distance even though it seems the speed is down I'm happy to hear about your improved mechanics.   

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

46 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

i really wish i knew but i honestly don't. i was lifting weights 3x/week, doing speed training 2x-3x/week, and hitting balls for about an hour 4x-5x/week. 

i was hesitant to share my injuries in this thread because i don't know exactly what caused them, and i don't want to discourage anyone from speed training. i'm confident speed training helped me make some significant jumps pretty quickly -- i.e. my separation/disassociation improved noticeably when i started going after it with the lightest weight.

but when i saw @vietnameeh's post i decided to jump in because i wish i would have sought the help of a physio sooner rather than later. and i would recommend the same for anyone who is even thinking about it.

i'm not done with speed training, but based on my current circumstances i need to be a little more patient and work on my physical foundation first. 

While I'm sorry to hear your injured I am glad you shared it here. Whether speed training was the cause, part of the problem or not involved at all I want everyone to be safe first and really pay attention to how they're body is responding to any type of training their involved in. I'm glad your swing was clicking and your speed was jumping up, it was definitely fun to watch the progress. 

Perhaps you'll take a look at the abbreviated protocols I'm almost done testing assuming they show good increases. 

I'll be hoping to see you report back on a speedy recovery.  

• Like 1

www.maxswingspeed.com

1 minute ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Hey hosel, sorry to hear about your tendonitis too, I never like seeing injuries taking people away from golf or training. Glad you're happy with the speed gains so far? Do you think the tendonitis was from the speed training itself or the addition of it to your usual practice/training routine? I'd really like to get a grasp on anecdotal outcomes in regards to the amount of reps causing issues and whether it's the training itself or an over use of the muscles due to training and practicing. 

Hope you heal up quickly!

thanks for the kind words. i honestly don't know what caused the injuries, but i'm confident they could have been prevented if i was smarter about my overall training approach -- not just speed training, everything.

prior to december 2020 i hadn't seen the inside of a gym in a few years and hadn't swung driver more than a handful of times since the end of 2019. being on the wrong side of 35 i probably should have taken more time to work on my body, but after missing the whole 2019 season i was eager to make up for lost time. i probably just overdid everything without getting the help i needed to train safely/efficiently. 

Glad you're happy with the speed gains so far?

without a doubt. 

4 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

Hey Stryper, 

I'm curious about the injuries as well and have looked into the par4success guys as well. After you mentioned some issues in the past it inspired me to look into creating a more abbreviated training protocol and the last tester will be sending his results this weekend. I'm hoping that once I've compiled the data I will be able to definitively show that there are options available to training success based on how you personally feel, time available for training as well as any physical limitations. 

Congrats on the increased distance even though it seems the speed is down I'm happy to hear about your improved mechanics.   

Looking forward to seeing the abbreviated training, as I suspect mine might be a bit too abbreviated right now.  Par4success is what’s motivated me to shorten my training, but I’m probably taking that idea too far.  Also, like hosel said, I was hesitant to post anything that could be construed as a setback here, as I’m a big fan of everything we’re trying to accomplish here.  And the par4success guys are pretty explicit in saying that speed training does work...just a matter of finding the right balance. 

• Like 1

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

3 minutes ago, hoselpalooza said:

thanks for the kind words. i honestly don't know what caused the injuries, but i'm confident they could have been prevented if i was smarter about my overall training approach -- not just speed training, everything.

prior to december 2020 i hadn't seen the inside of a gym in a few years and hadn't swung driver more than a handful of times since the end of 2019. being on the wrong side of 35 i probably should have taken more time to work on my body, but after missing the whole 2019 season i was eager to make up for lost time. i probably just overdid everything without getting the help i needed to train safely/efficiently. 

without a doubt. 

I have the same impatience disease 😁. It's always hard to pace myself when I've been away from something that's for damn sure, especially golf or training.

I meant to throw an exclamation point on the speed gains remark not a question mark, LOL. Apparently I type like I putt, so close and yet so far.  

• Haha 2

www.maxswingspeed.com

While I'm sorry to hear your injured I am glad you shared it here. Whether speed training was the cause, part of the problem or not involved at all I want everyone to be safe first and really pay attention to how they're body is responding to any type of training their involved in. I'm glad your swing was clicking and your speed was jumping up, it was definitely fun to watch the progress. 

Perhaps you'll take a look at the abbreviated protocols I'm almost done testing assuming they show good increases. 

I'll be hoping to see you report back on a speedy recovery.  

i'm not 100% sure how i'll approach speed training once i get the go-ahead to make full swings again. since the season has already started my focus will be on getting in playing shape and staying healthy. i think an abbreviated protocol is probably a good idea for maintenance while i'm figuring out what i need to do for my body.

the progress was fun and addicting, and i really enjoyed being inspired by and maybe even inspiring some others in this thread. i'm hoping it was just a preview of what i'm fully capable of once i get my body in peak physical shape. at one point i really thought 195mph ball speed was within reach. who knows, maybe this time next year... 🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stryper said:

Looking forward to seeing the abbreviated training, as I suspect mine might be a bit too abbreviated right now.  Par4success is what’s motivated me to shorten my training, but I’m probably taking that idea too far.  Also, like hosel said, I was hesitant to post anything that could be construed as a setback here, as I’m a big fan of everything we’re trying to accomplish here.  And the par4success guys are pretty explicit in saying that speed training does work...just a matter of finding the right balance. 

I'll definitely get the shorter protocol posted ASAP, especially now. I really appreciate the concern about posting any set-backs but I would rather have everyone comfortable sharing the good and bad with the whole process as opposed to cherry picking data to promote a product that doesn't benefit anyone.

I designed the trainer and released it because I believed in it and saw results but I wouldn't want my name attached to something that was built on dishonesty, injuries or a lack of real world results. 

Hopefully the new training protocols are the goldilocks zone for you!

• Like 3

www.maxswingspeed.com

5 minutes ago, MaxSwingSpeed said:

I have the same impatience disease 😁. It's always hard to pace myself when I've been away from something that's for damn sure, especially golf or training.

I meant to throw an exclamation point on the speed gains remark not a question mark, LOL. Apparently I type like I putt, so close and yet so far.  

Suspect most of us who have been bitten by the speed bug also possess that impatience disease.  Being on the back nine of life (14th fairway using average life expectancy), my own impatience runs deep. 😳

• Like 3

Callaway 58* PM Grind 19

I designed the trainer and released it because I believed in it and saw results but I wouldn't want my name attached to something that was built on dishonesty, injuries or a lack of real world results.

good on you, brother. it's refreshing to see this level of honesty in an industry plagued by hype men hawking products of (oftentimes) very questionable usefulness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1