2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Stack System

Max21

51 minutes ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Your on-course driver speed will be probably be closer to 195g “Full” + 9(or 10) than 195g “Max” + 9(or 10). 

This is also why I feel “share progress” is false advertisement. “Start” is always based on “Full” swings and “Now” is usually based on “Max” swings. 

Should be around 110-112. Gonna try the speed priming with balls. 

Edited by Bbunty
Spelling.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Seamus_McDuff said:

Your on-course driver speed will be probably be closer to 195g “Full” + 9(or 10) than 195g “Max” + 9(or 10). 

This is also why I feel “share progress” is false advertisement. “Start” is always based on “Full” swings and “Now” is usually based on “Max” swings. 

That’s what I thought as well. An eSpeed derived from max intend swings doesn’t make sense at all when full intend is the effort you would put in an on-course swing!

• Like 1

Last three sessions have been a nice surprise after a couple weeks cruising at that 114 mark. Last session had 4 out of 5 swings at 117. 8AE50DF7-8D28-4479-A78F-39318F248AA8.png.f91f813a0084da9ccbb8d00e1e04f992.png

• Like 4

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

Tour Edge CBX 119 16.5 Atmos Black 8X

Maverick Pro 3H Atmos Black 9X

Mizuno MP 18 4-PW KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 50*/54* KBS C Taper 130X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

49 minutes ago, Bbunty said:

For me they were full/max first stage, max and step 2nd and third stage, and full/max/step for the fourth. 

Checks out - this is Phase 3 example @Tiger_Stud

C75B35E6-FEF3-46F5-9C42-9AF3114282ED.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

I think I'm done with this for a while. I have plateaued/regressed, and my TSS swings have polluted my on course swing to the point where I am just slashing at the ball no matter how hard I try to be smooth. I normally score in the 72-76 range, with "bad" rounds being around 78-79. Lately I've slashed my way to several rounds in the high 80s. 🤢

I am going to go back to a previous type of speed training that worked really well in the past that hopefully won't cause problems on the course. 

• Like 2

I definitely had issues with this at first - but IMO, thats the whole point.

I'm being partially sarcastic when I ask this...but what previous kind of speed training are you doing that - at some point - doesnt encourage you to swing faster on the course? No matter what stick or brand of speed training you chose there's a point in the training where you have to break it in on the course, right? Otherwise why do it at all?

Best of luck with whatever you land on.

• Like 1

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Had to take a good amount of time off recently due to some injuries but very excited to get back into it along with Fit For Golf. Goal is to buy a new driver at some point this year so really want to focus on The Stack. Nice to see a big jump after the first session which kinda scared me a bit thinking i lost so much 

1829801894_Screenshot2023-03-29at9_52_57AM.jpeg.293acc15d056efb6d74c394f45e35b8c.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 2:17 PM, Jlocke22 said:

Last three sessions have been a nice surprise after a couple weeks cruising at that 114 mark. Last session had 4 out of 5 swings at 117. 8AE50DF7-8D28-4479-A78F-39318F248AA8.png.f91f813a0084da9ccbb8d00e1e04f992.png

this is amazing progression. 

I'm frustrated with my progress. I take 2-3 days of rest and can’t seem to get anything going. The outlier speed makes me think it was a radar fluke. Makes me wonder if I’m on the wrong program or if I should do neural drive? Kills my morale. 

144F2426-4D99-4F8F-AF1D-8725A182B587.png

14 hours ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

this is amazing progression. 

I'm frustrated with my progress. I take 2-3 days of rest and can’t seem to get anything going. The outlier speed makes me think it was a radar fluke. Makes me wonder if I’m on the wrong program or if I should do neural drive? Kills my morale. 

144F2426-4D99-4F8F-AF1D-8725A182B587.png

Just from an outsiders pov, it looks like you have made good progress. At least 6mph of gained speed. That’s pretty damn significant. 

I know it went down the last two sessions but overall you have an increase. 

In my mind, I’m looking at this for the long run. I’ve gotten an initial speed jump but it was not reasonable that I was going to continue to have huge gains. There are too many factors—maybe my swing is inefficient in a few places that is sapping potential speed, maybe my body has some physical limitations, maybe my lack of sleep, etc. 

So, I’m my humble opinion, your gains are awesome. Just stay with the long game and work on other places in your golfing life that you could strengthen to continue to get some growth. 

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5 w/Evenflow Riptide CB X-Stiff 
Cobra F8+ 14.5* Rouge Silver X-Stiff

Cobra F8+ 18* Rouge Silver X-Stiff
Srxion 4-6 ZX5 irons, ZX7 7-PW irons w/PX LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50, 54, 58 x/PX LZ 6.0
Sik Flo or Sik DW or Edel or SGC Norwood 

29 minutes ago, fsusp said:

Just from an outsiders pov, it looks like you have made good progress. At least 6mph of gained speed. That’s pretty damn significant. 

I know it went down the last two sessions but overall you have an increase. 

In my mind, I’m looking at this for the long run. I’ve gotten an initial speed jump but it was not reasonable that I was going to continue to have huge gains. There are too many factors—maybe my swing is inefficient in a few places that is sapping potential speed, maybe my body has some physical limitations, maybe my lack of sleep, etc. 

So, I’m my humble opinion, your gains are awesome. Just stay with the long game and work on other places in your golfing life that you could strengthen to continue to get some growth. 

thanks for the encouragement. I guess I’m comparing myself to others progress and I haven’t seen a difference with my driver swing. Admittedly it’s been all indoors, so maybe I’ll unleash some potential outside. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PAndaemonium89 said:

thanks for the encouragement. I guess I’m comparing myself to others progress and I haven’t seen a difference with my driver swing. Admittedly it’s been all indoors, so maybe I’ll unleash some potential outside. 

Keep killing it! Progress is progress. The whole speed thing is funny - I have had my best day when most rested/hydrated and second best day coming off St Pattys day and drank my weight in beer and felt terrible but moving fast for whatever reason. 

Last session felt awesome and fast and just couldn’t match that 117 set speed for whatever reason and was back to 116. 

I just try and “squeeze out the suck” - any progress or PR is progress in my mind even if it doesn’t effect that 195g swing/set. Don’t care if it’s 1 mph increase on step swings at 90 grams. It’s still a win in the end and know if I “stack” three or four of those small wins in a row over a few sessions that I have a good chance to move the needle on final set down the road. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Just posting an update after finishing my Neural Drive program.

I’ve definitely lost speed. I’ve tried adding rest and reducing my training regime, and nothing changed. My coach and I went through older swings to see what was happening, and we both believe it’s from the technique changes. 

My older swing had a lot of leakages leading to inaccuracies and poor contact - I was internally rotating my trail arm, bringing the club head over to my lead shoulder and over-rotating my hips. However, I think this generally created a longer swing, resulting in more speed. I hope to build the foundation for a higher ceiling for speed in the future without compromising accuracy.

What’s interesting is that I’ve only regressed at driver speeds. I’m not sure what to take away from that. Maybe it’s nothing? 

Anyway, I’ll treat this as my new baseline and move on to my next recommended program of FSS.

DB874A69-21E3-492F-AA30-2DBD02554EDC.jpeg

Edited by fullyjosh

So I dont know if this will come off as encouragement or - the opposite - but sustained increases take months and months of work. IMO it also takes a commitment to working out as well or adding some sort of physical fitness into your *daily* routine.

I have been at it going on 6 months. I had another "check in" session last night on the Trackman and I am up "only" 7 mph in ball speed in terms of my on-course cruising speed. From 154 to 161. My absolutely maxed out swing has touched 116/170 but my on course is settling in nicely at 110/162

If you are a new reader to the thread - Stack or anything else isnt magic. You arent going to use this for three months, add a bunch of speed and then its going to be with you forever without continuing to work at it. I'm not a weightlifter but I dont think its any different say than working on your bench press. If you get up to a personal best - its not just going to stay there if you stop lifting for a few months.

Anyway - I do hope this comes off as encouragement to stick with it but also to recognize that regardless of the commercials, this stuff takes a lot of work.

• Like 4

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

24 minutes ago, dcmidnight said:

So I dont know if this will come off as encouragement or - the opposite - but sustained increases take months and months of work. IMO it also takes a commitment to working out as well or adding some sort of physical fitness into your *daily* routine.

I have been at it going on 6 months. I had another "check in" session last night on the Trackman and I am up "only" 7 mph in ball speed in terms of my on-course cruising speed. From 154 to 161. My absolutely maxed out swing has touched 116/170 but my on course is settling in nicely at 110/162

If you are a new reader to the thread - Stack or anything else isnt magic. You arent going to use this for three months, add a bunch of speed and then its going to be with you forever without continuing to work at it. I'm not a weightlifter but I dont think its any different say than working on your bench press. If you get up to a personal best - its not just going to stay there if you stop lifting for a few months.

Anyway - I do hope this comes off as encouragement to stick with it but also to recognize that regardless of the commercials, this stuff takes a lot of work.

I appreciate the reply.

I am working out (where I’ve had consistent and steady gains), working on mobility, working on my swing with a coach, in addition to speed training so I don’t think it’s that. I actually can’t think of anything more I can do to move the needle in the right direction.

At one point I thought I might be over training but I can also rule that out now. 

At this point I’m frustrated but not discouraged. 

On 3/26/2023 at 8:17 PM, Jlocke22 said:

Being 5 sessions in this is exactly what I love to see!! 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

I am just a week or so in to properly using The Stack in conjunction with the PRGR.

The first thing that I noticed in the whole thing was the difference between my swing speed number on GCQuad vs the PRGR. After a full warm up I was 5-6 mph slower with the PRGR that the GCQuad but in all honesty, although that put me down below 100mph with the driver swing I was surprised that the GCQuad how me as fast as it said I was. I played my first competitive round at the weekend. In all honesty, it was not great but the driver was good and distance wise I was pretty pleased with where driver was finishing and it had me even more excited to get on with my next Stack session on Sunday. I will be sure to keep checked in on here and see how everyone else is getting on with it.

Just as an aside, I have not told anyone that I golf with that I have bought TSS. Once I get further into it,  I am definitely interested to see if the guys I am playing with notice a difference. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

In an ideal world, you should warm up, Stack and then strength train.  This provides for the biggest recovery window.  Most days I don't have more than 30-45 minutes to work out, so have been Stacking and working out on opposite days.  Sometimes I will add an extra day off from the Stack workout from my usual every other day.

By way of an update, I am about a 1/3 of the way through FSS and stuck on 102/103 max 195 gram swings, equating to 111/112 eSpeed.  But on the range and the course I am seeing good cruising swing speeds at 111-113 and 168-169 ball speed and max swings at 115 and 171. I am using the PRGR.  Interesting I am not able to swing the Stack any faster at the present compared to a driver and a ball.  My driver is 45".

Current WITB:

Titleist TSR3 9.5 - Ventus Velocore Black 6X / Tensei 1K Black 6TX

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3+ - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 7X

Taylor Made UDI 2 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Taylor Made P790 3 and 4 - KBS C-Taper 120S

Taylor Made P760 5-PW - KBS C-Taper 120S

Callaway MD5 Jaws 52.12 W and 58.12 X - DG 115 Wedge

Toulon Las Vegas 2022 - Stroke Lab 34"

I've had 6 sessions with The Stack and thought I'd throw my two pence in here. 

First of all the app is absolutely brilliant. It's the real brains behind The Stack and for a lot of people it takes out the work of trying to plan your own speed training. The stick itself looks and feels like a premium product which I'd fully expect for the price point. My only disappointment with the stick and app itself is the grip on the stick, it seems to wear quickly. But overall, it looks and feels premium and the structured programming is a huge plus.

I started end of Feb/early March. It recommended to me I done the Foundation program first. I have been following it as prescribed with included rest times. After session number 5, I seen gains across all the weights with the Stack. I decided to go for a Trackman session to see numbers. The last Trackman session I had prior to this was in May 2022. Caveats in that time, include me putting on a decent amount of weight and not in a positive weigh (pun intended) and my general fitness declining. So anyway, my average CHS with driver in May 2022 was 88mph. After 5 stack sessions my average CHS was 95mph. I went to the same simulator room for consistency. Now considering I have put on weight and my overall fitness has declined probably quite a bit since last May this was rather impressive.

Sadly however I then got injured. I am still debating in my mind whether this was down to the Stack training or something else but I have had a shoulder sprain for a couple of weeks. This has stopped me training with the Stack as I rest and try to recover. I have still played golf in this time and for the most part been pain free but I thought I'd wait a couple of weeks to make sure the injury has healed before I started using the Stack again.

It has now been over two weeks and I am now thankfully pain free and I returned to using the Stack. It asked me if I wanted a return to form workout which I declined. I still hit personal bests across the weights the program gave me today despite two weeks off. If anything I guess the decent rest also helped.

On the course, which of course is where it matters? It's difficult to say if I have seen any gains on the course. Here in the UK the ground is still ridiculously soft and most golf courses in my area are basically fields of dirt and bog just now so your ball literally just plugs in the grass. I am leaning towards seeing a slight difference in carry but it is truly difficult to say. I have not told my golf buddies I am using the Stack, so it will be interesting to see if they notice a difference over time. I think that would be a good indicator whether this speed work is paying off. 

I had planned to start a gym routine alongside this, which I haven't yet done to be honest. The gym routine will be 3 fullbody workouts a week, the most important reason being for me to lose the fat I've put on since last May and improve my general health, but I suspect going through this routine will help with swing speed also, and I'd fully expect combining the both, and assuming I recover well and stay injury free, I'll start to see good gains on the course.

pb454.jpg.2fa0b2a5a0aa7aedfdcf54a2f4fa5a9f.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MattyO1984 said:

I am just a week or so in to properly using The Stack in conjunction with the PRGR.

The first thing that I noticed in the whole thing was the difference between my swing speed number on GCQuad vs the PRGR. After a full warm up I was 5-6 mph slower with the PRGR that the GCQuad but in all honesty, although that put me down below 100mph with the driver swing I was surprised that the GCQuad how me as fast as it said I was. I played my first competitive round at the weekend. In all honesty, it was not great but the driver was good and distance wise I was pretty pleased with where driver was finishing and it had me even more excited to get on with my next Stack session on Sunday. I will be sure to keep checked in on here and see how everyone else is getting on with it.

Just as an aside, I have not told anyone that I golf with that I have bought TSS. Once I get further into it,  I am definitely interested to see if the guys I am playing with notice a difference. 

Hahah I have similar goals as I play in a guys trip every spring with 12 guys and had hopes to blast one off the first tee. 

In all seriousness though, I think it takes a bit of time for your body to sync up and become more optimized. I am in similar situation with crappy weather but just in my winter sim league there was a two week or so stretch where my ball speed jumped 5 mph or so on average and one of my playing partners was wondering what the hell was going on. 

I’m sure you can go back a few months on my journey on here but have noticed great improvement on cruising speeds. 

keep us posted and good luck! 

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Slight update: was starting to get some nasty pain in middle/ring fingers on both hands and picked up a bug my daughter brought back from daycare. Tried to power through a few sessions but may take a few extra days off. Maybe try and get a few workouts in and get back at it when feeling close to 100%. Was still within 1 to 2 mph from best so may have found a new “speed” floor despite not feeling the best. 

• Like 1

Stealth 9 Atmos Black 7X

SM6 58* KBS 610 S+

SM6 62* KBS Hi-REV X

White Hot Tour #2

Stack System & PRGR are inbound.  I'm assuming a week or so for delivery.  Weight loss so far this year has been pitiful, basically down to 218 lbs from 221 lbs at the very beginning of the year.  LOTS of opportunity there.  

2023 Goals - Get weight & ball speed to match at any point on just one swing.  

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]