So..heres my setup..nothing too complicated but it gets the job done really well. I am currently a 10.4 handicap, shooting around low 80s from about 6850 yards. I basically got tired of my game improvement irons and decided to get rid of them shovels and get something more player's-irons like but still having forgiveness and workability. Tried out a lot of clubs and got fitted for new irons...

Driver: Taylormade M4 10.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff Shaft

5-wood: Ping G400 w/ Alta Stiff Shaft

4-Rescue: Taylormade SIM2 Tour Rescue w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue Stiff Shaft

5-PW: 2020 Taylormade P790 w/ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff Shafts and MCC Align grips, 1* flat, 1* weak lofted

Gap Wedge: 51* Titleist Vokey TVD M grind

Sand Wedge: 56* Titleist Vokey SM7 10S

Lob Wedge: Cleveland RTX-4 9FULL

Putter: 2020 Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

**Read Below

IMG_4474.jpg.1147b1b57d66a16fdc9a9b27f9809cb2.jpg

Honestly, I love these clubs. I hit them well and they perform exactly how i wanted them to. I had tested a lot of irons from Mizuno, Taylormade, Callaway, Srixon, and Ping at a PGA Tour Superstore but the P790s really shocked me with the feel and flight. Taylormade came to my golf course and did a fitting session open to locals and i signed up since it was free and i wanted to get fitted for P790s. I was hitting the P790 7-iron about 205 yards on average with the ns pro 120 shafts but the ball flight was low and about 4000 rpm spin. But after changing them to something lighter and higher launch (ns pro 950gh) i had the results i wanted: about 6400 spin and carried 185 yards. Upon changing to these irons, i broke 85 for the first time a month after putting them in my bag and have been happy ever since.

IMG_4475.jpg.5faee171c08d62c72c56c3b4e70e39b0.jpg

My driver headcover is from Pins and Aces and they are AWESOME. For the price, best headcover in the game, really high quality and stylish i would say, great company. I would like to get a dormie workshop headcover one day but thats when i will upgrade my driver, which is not in the near future.  I love my driver, it is pretty consistent and carries about 285 yards. Its not super long but it gets me in the fairway. My 5-wood is my ultimate tool in long par-5s, it carries 250 yards and this thing is like a canon. I suck at hitting woods except for Ping woods. On address it looks amazing and aspires confidence.

The newest club in the bag is the SIM2 tour rescue. I was surprised to get this club since people say its hard to hit bla bla bla and i should get the SIM2 max hybrid instead but i keep on over drawing the SIM2 max hybrids cuz i feel like they look awfully closed-face on address. This rescue is amazing...low ball flight, carries 220 yards and great for getting out of thick roughs.

991798146_IMG_44412.JPG.cec7dbdd43d842f413eb33d7df2b9ac0.JPG

Thats pretty much it for my WITB..my wedges are pretty good, they get the job done. I love the RTX-4 cuz they are really spinny. Vokeys and Vokeys, we all know what they can do, no mistakes there. The Putter is relatively new but it works really good. I previously played a super soft taylormade putter which ends up short on my misses but the scotty really gives an extra push and my missed become inside two feet past the hole which is what i want. Nothing feels like a scotty but i would also take that with a gran of salt since putters should mainly look good on your eyes and it all depends on your own feel.

ONE LAST THING... i always use Nike golf shoes because i feel like theyre sporty and not boring like FootJoy (no offense) but the thing with Nike golf shoes is that they are not as good quality as FJ and nowhere as comfortable as FJ. So overall, FJ actually wins in comfort among any other brands. HOWEVER....... Rory Mcilroy's new nike shoes just popped up on the nike website and your boy gotta cop. AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING.....NIKE....YOU FINALLY DID IT....no joke its one of the coolest, sporty yet classy golf shoes nike has come up with in recent years (in my opinion)...and guess what??? THEY ARE SUPERRR COMFORTABLE...PICS BELOW... the leather is screaming good quality and the laces make them look classy and i love the fact that it is really simple.. just white with grey accents. And i like these soft spikes better than the ones on the infinity tours. Awesome shoe Nike!!!

IMG_4573.JPG.8b43669c679428db7a3509d9c0c9dc87.JPG

IMG_4574.JPG.a5b26bd31f9bda1f1b588efd0e8994c5.JPG

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT...LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE AND MAYBE I COULD GET SOME OPINIONS FOR RAIN GEAR AND GOLF APPAREL. THANKS!!

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, soccerjay said:

Is this a typo or were you actually bombing a 7 iron 200+??

not a typo..during the fitting session i tried out the ns pro modus 120 shafts and i was hitting 7 iron around 200 but with low ball flight and low spin for a 7 iron. The shaft was too heavy for me at the time. And even tho my friends normally hit their 7 iron around 190-200 yards, that yardage for me was a bit too far. I hit my 7-iron now 185 yards everytime without exerting 100% power..maybe like 75-80% power. Perfect distance for my 7 iron for my type of game, i can hit greens with good spin and actually hold the green from 185 yards away

Nice set up, bro.  Loved the 4-rescue and the golf shoes (I'm not a Nike fan but after reading Phil Knight's book "Shoe Dog", I'm inclined to try some Nikes).  🙂 Enjoy.

• Like 1

Driver: TM M-3 Tensei CK Blue 65 S

3-wood: Tour Edge CB2 15deg

Hybrids: Tour Edge 3-hybrid (18deg), TM Rbz 4-hybrid (22deg)

Irons: Titleist forged 804 with NSPro steel shafts

Wedges: 50deg Sub 70 forged, 54deg Cleveland RTX6, 58deg Cleveland 9deg bounce

Putter: Odyssey #4 with SS grip

Ball: Srixon Q-Star Tour 

On 4/22/2021 at 1:31 PM, mattseb said:

not a typo..during the fitting session i tried out the ns pro modus 120 shafts and i was hitting 7 iron around 200 but with low ball flight and low spin for a 7 iron. The shaft was too heavy for me at the time. And even tho my friends normally hit their 7 iron around 190-200 yards, that yardage for me was a bit too far. I hit my 7-iron now 185 yards everytime without exerting 100% power..maybe like 75-80% power. Perfect distance for my 7 iron for my type of game, i can hit greens with good spin and actually hold the green from 185 yards away

Gotcha, I'm still new to golf and my 7 iron is quite a ways from 200 so I was confused initially. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

what rescue did you have before that sim 2? Dying to get one in the bag

WITB:

Cobra Dark Speed LS Tour Length 8* Hzrdus Red HC 65 5.5

Callaway Rogue ST Max D 16* Tour AD DI 6S 

Cobra LTDx 18.5* Hzrdus Red HC 65 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 20* Tour AD DI 75S

Callaway Apex CF16 Black 5-AW Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54*

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 58*

Scotty Cameron Futura X5R 34"

6 hours ago, Jtbsox99 said:

what rescue did you have before that sim 2? Dying to get one in the bag

I had the Taylormade M4 4-hybrid which goes 220 yards for me but ever since getting the sim2 tour rescue which carries 235, might need to put in my 4-iron in the bag or i could always add more loft to the rescue since it is adjustable. The sim2 tour rescue is really solid, im more of an iron player than a woods player so looking down into a smaller profile and iron-liked sim2 tour rescue, it gives me a lot of confidence. I tried out the sim2 max hybrid and the face just looks closed and my misses were terrible hooks. If you want a club that goes long and rolls for dayssssss, the sim2 tour rescue is the club!

• Like 1

SIM2 RESCUE UPDATE:                                      

The Sim2 rescue has been in the bag for 1.5 months now and have gone thru 18 rounds so far.. At first it started out as a 2nd shot into long par5s and maybe the occasional rescue club from roughs after a bad tee shot and that was it..I was hitting it far (235 yards) with a low ball flight and low spin and the shot envisioned were landed short of the green and rolled near the pin but it wasnt super reliable...AND A BREAKTHROUGH WAS MADE...

I messed around with the loft sleeve and put to the higher mode, i put it 3 clicks on the higher side and the shot became amazing to my type of play. It was a higher ball flight because i now had more loft but it still is able to pierce through the wind, it had more spin and i can confidently land on the green without fearing that it would roll off the green. Lost abit of yardage but i dont mind it at all, i kinda like it going 225 yards. And for some reason, it now becomes a go-to club for teeing off if the driver isnt an option and is a better alternative to a long iron or even a fairway wood.

If you are a player who loves hitting irons, this is the club for you!

Your sim2 rescue review is extremely helpful - thank you!

• Like 1

WITB:

Cobra Dark Speed LS Tour Length 8* Hzrdus Red HC 65 5.5

Callaway Rogue ST Max D 16* Tour AD DI 6S 

Cobra LTDx 18.5* Hzrdus Red HC 65 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 20* Tour AD DI 75S

Callaway Apex CF16 Black 5-AW Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 54*

Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 58*

Scotty Cameron Futura X5R 34"