Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

2 hours ago, JordanSKCMO said:

Is there any reliable way to connect this to an iPad at an outdoor driving range? I've taken it out for two sessions, but gave up each time trying to use the app because of the inconsistent connections. 

Edit: Just tried it with an ethernet cable, connected to an ethernet to USB adapter, connected to a USB to USB-C adapter -- works, but it's clunky!

I haven’t been out on the outdoor range with it yet but I have connected to the GC3’s WiFi signal a few times at an indoor facility.  Password FSSPORTS.  It’s worked well for me.  I’ve read people have a bit more difficulty with the BLP.  If you have the BLP didn’t it come with a 15-20’ usb cable?

4 hours ago, kiddoc said:

So I see that Colonial Country Club is now $250 and includes Harbour Town.

Harbour Town live now in FSX 2020?

Can you play it today?

I believe Harbour Town will only be for FSX Play.  I received Del Monte as a free course and it is only for FSX Play. I imagine going forward they won’t develop new courses for FSX 2020 since it uses completely different code.  Harbour Town is not available for download yet.  I have Colonial and it’s a very nice course.  

I’m thinking about buying one of the standard Play courses to get Harbour Town free deal.  Anyone have any recommendations on their favorite of these available courses?5CD24D5E-CE16-4C02-982E-45034C3B2E59.jpeg.2a94978771289a98bda2ad4e82009355.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JordanSKCMO said:

Is there any reliable way to connect this to an iPad at an outdoor driving range? I've taken it out for two sessions, but gave up each time trying to use the app because of the inconsistent connections. 

Edit: Just tried it with an ethernet cable, connected to an ethernet to USB adapter, connected to a USB to USB-C adapter -- works, but it's clunky!

I haven’t had any issues. I turn on my BLP. Let it be on for about 2 minutes to link up Wi-Fi and all that. 

go to settings in iPhone/iPad. Connect to gc3 wifi 

go to FSX pro, click on the subscription login method. Enter my user/password. 

boom. I’m in. Hitting balls with visual flight and all the data. 

16 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

I haven’t had any issues. I turn on my BLP. Let it be on for about 2 minutes to link up Wi-Fi and all that. 

go to settings in iPhone/iPad. Connect to gc3 wifi 

go to FSX pro, click on the subscription login method. Enter my user/password. 

boom. I’m in. Hitting balls with visual flight and all the data. 

Thank you! Both you and @kwettig helped. Working perfectly -- didn't realize that I had to wait for it to send it's own wifi signal and that there was a password.

• Like 1

I'm seriously annoyed about this latest firmware debacle....Appalling that they can let such software out the gate without proper QA.

I can only get a few shots in before my GC3 just stops detecting balls.  Tried the instructions to roll back the firmware to v.1.1.11.11 but even that's not working (i.e. I can't rollback the firmware).  The instructions are vague - "drop firmware file into drive folder" - I have tried to drop it in to pretty much every folder in the folder structure (including the parent folder) but a power cycle doesn't do anything - unit still on the 1.2.11.8 firmware - very frustrating.

Anyone uncover any tricks top getting the firmware to rollback?

• Like 1

One nice improvement I’ve noticed with the latest firmware is that FSX Pro on the ipad will now connect quickly and reliably to my unlocked BLP over my home wifi.  Prior to the update, the only way I could connect the ipad to the BLP was to use the direct wifi connection on the BLP, rather than my home wifi.  Very noticeable improvement. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Pixie said:

Anyone uncover any tricks top getting the firmware to rollback?

@Pixie

The instructions aren't the best but they did work for me.  I attached the AC power adapter, unplugged my network cable, and connected my laptop using a USB cable.  After a few seconds the GC3 showed up as a disk drive just like any USB drive would.  I copied the firmware file to the drive - not inside any folder, just the top level drive.  The key is to wait - it will take a little bit but the unit will detect the firmware and do the update.  Don't power cycle it or touch it - just wait for it to do the update on it's own.  That's what worked for me anyway.

Thanks TD - will give your instructions ago, really appreciate you taking the time to respond.

@dusterbuster - that's interesting.  I have only been using Ipad so far and haven't really been having any problems with connections etc.  However, when I was struggling with my GC3 yesterday, my ipad went flat and I noticed I was then able to hit about 20-30 balls (just using the GC3 screen) before it stopped finding balls (with the ipad, I was lucky to get 4 or 5 shots in....).

May be coincidence tho.  

6 hours ago, TD22057 said:

@Pixie

The instructions aren't the best but they did work for me.  I attached the AC power adapter, unplugged my network cable, and connected my laptop using a USB cable.  After a few seconds the GC3 showed up as a disk drive just like any USB drive would.  I copied the firmware file to the drive - not inside any folder, just the top level drive.  The key is to wait - it will take a little bit but the unit will detect the firmware and do the update.  Don't power cycle it or touch it - just wait for it to do the update on it's own.  That's what worked for me anyway.

Thanks again TD22057, your suggestion worked.

For any others that are struggling to roll back firmware, this is what worked for me;

I connected GC3 to AC power adapter (I think this is important, since this seems to be the key difference between my earlier attempts where I had GC3 connected to my desktop, but was running off battery).

The unit was turned on.

I connected to a laptop via the supplied USB cable. (as with all things USB, I had to connect and disconnect the usb cable a few times before my laptop recognised it and gave me the option to open it with file explorer). 

I turned wifi on the GC3 to off (not sure if this helped or not)

Importantly, the unit did not seem to detect the previous copy of the v1.1.11.11 firmware that was left in the "PLM Storage" folder (i.e. the top level) from my previous attempts.

I deleted it, and then copied the firmware file back into the folder.  Within 10 seconds or so the unit went through a reboot process and applied the older firmware, so it must be the process of moving the firmware file onto the unit that triggers the process. 

Fingers xxd that a new firmware comes soon that fixes dusterbusters connection problems but also fixed the issues I (and many others) have encountered around ball loss...

Thanks again for the help guys.

Edited by Pixie
  • Like 1

I haven’t rolled back yet though I typically get an issue every session.  Sometimes it’s 3-4 balls in sometimes 50-60…then it usually works for the rest of the session for me after a reset.  Might go back because I had no issues with the last one other than connectivity to FSX Play at times.  Seems like that is improved in the new firmware.

Thought I’d share I picked up a backpack that was recommended back in October.  Everything fits great and was only around $30.  Caden small camera backpack on Amazon.009FB328-006B-4A5D-AF7B-6E1A8C3DFA77.jpeg.51c0107cc73c2ba0fb6a75d9edece2d2.jpegA6549B21-1AC4-4E11-BF4B-710362AE0931.jpeg.c09fef8838e560543a0f5e0424e6f0c7.jpeg

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1825070-bushnell-launch-pro-device-with-foresight/?do=findComment&comment=23860685

• Like 1

I am getting more than a little irritated with my LP.  I updated the firmware to 1.2.11.8 hoping it would help with iPad connectivity.  Not only did it not help but it would stop picking up golf balls after 30 shots or so.  If you rebooted it then it would give you 5 or so more but then the iPad would disconnect or then it would stop picking up the ball.  When I first bought it I was going to unlock the gold but I am not giving them another dime until they figure this out.  I rolled the firmware back to 1.1.8.8 which was good for always picking up shot (just has iPad connectivity issues).  I have a laptop but I don't have power where I have my net setup in the yard so I can't run the laptop for more than 40-45 minutes before the battery dies.  I almost miss my Skytrak compared to this disaster, it was at least reliable.

1 hour ago, LHGolf4 said:

I am getting more than a little irritated with my LP.  I updated the firmware to 1.2.11.8 hoping it would help with iPad connectivity.  Not only did it not help but it would stop picking up golf balls after 30 shots or so.  If you rebooted it then it would give you 5 or so more but then the iPad would disconnect or then it would stop picking up the ball.  When I first bought it I was going to unlock the gold but I am not giving them another dime until they figure this out.  I rolled the firmware back to 1.1.8.8 which was good for always picking up shot (just has iPad connectivity issues).  I have a laptop but I don't have power where I have my net setup in the yard so I can't run the laptop for more than 40-45 minutes before the battery dies.  I almost miss my Skytrak compared to this disaster, it was at least reliable.

Nothing worse than fighting to normally use such an expensive piece of hardware.  Did you have issues with 1.1.11.11?  I think 1.1.8.8 was much more buggy connection wise than 1.1.11.11.  I assume you are connecting the iPad to the WiFi signal from the BLP and not using a home network?

13 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Nothing worse than fighting to normally use such an expensive piece of hardware.  Did you have issues with 1.1.11.11?  I think 1.1.8.8 was much more buggy connection wise than 1.1.11.11.  I assume you are connecting the iPad to the WiFi signal from the BLP and not using a home network?

1.1.11.1 definitely seems to be the sweet spot at the moment. Foresight really needs to look at their internal QTP process though.

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

I had actually skipped ahead to 1.2.11.8, do you have a link for 1.11.11.11 to download it?

Edit:

Found it on the previous page, just overlooked it the first time.  I will give it a try.

Thanks!

Edited by LHGolf4
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Clifford said:

Question. Can I just buy the Bushnell and buy Gspro software without buying the silver tier?. Will this work?

Think you would need the gold tier to unlock spin axis or side spin numbers…

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1825070-bushnell-launch-pro-device-with-foresight/?do=findComment&comment=23927940

here is the last comment that I know of about in here.  

Rolled back to 1.1.11.11 last night while downloading Spanish bay for FSX play.  Thanks for posting the step by step instructions.  Played Spanish bay and 9 holes into Valderrama FSX Play froze.  No ball lock freezing issues on the GC3 but did seem to lock onto the ball slower than with the new firmware.  FSX Play really struggled on high performance with my desktop rtx 3060 card in 4k.  Will need to upgrade when I can find a decent deal on a 3080 or higher.

I rolled back mine to 1.1.11.11 and I did have to reboot it once about halfway through the session when it quick picking up the ball.  After the reboot it carried on  but it was slow to lock on.  Now as for the iPad, it disconnected probably 10 times during 100 shots or so and I just gave up.  If you are going to make someone use an iPad for FSX on the base subscription I really feel you might want to actually make it work properly.  I am running out of patience with this thing.

This thread is definitely leaving me weary about buying.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

4 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

It’s the best thing I ever purchased for myself.  For about $10k I have a 14’x8’ 4k golf sim.  It beyond stretched my budget but I would never have been able to if I had to buy a quad.  If I went BLP route it seems it would have been a little more frustrating connection wise possibly but the accurate data you get is a game changer.

4 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

If I had an indoor simulator setup with a PC or laptop it would be a lot less frustrating since it connects via USB.  However basic subscription does not allow using FSX on a PC and even when I had gold for 30 days I could get 40-45 minutes max with my gaming laptop as I have no power where my net is setup in the yard.  I am real close to selling mine and being rid of it.

5 hours ago, kwettig said:

It’s the best thing I ever purchased for myself.  For about $10k I have a 14’x8’ 4k golf sim.  It beyond stretched my budget but I would never have been able to if I had to buy a quad.  If I went BLP route it seems it would have been a little more frustrating connection wise possibly but the accurate data you get is a game changer.

4 hours ago, LHGolf4 said:

If I had an indoor simulator setup with a PC or laptop it would be a lot less frustrating since it connects via USB.  However basic subscription does not allow using FSX on a PC and even when I had gold for 30 days I could get 40-45 minutes max with my gaming laptop as I have no power where my net is setup in the yard.  I am real close to selling mine and being rid of it.

This tells the story, doesn't it? It's good indoors, stable, cabled, and with a good PC.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

5 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

This tells the story, doesn't it? It's good indoors, stable, cabled, and with a good PC.

I have had great success indoors and out.

The new firmware is better than the last for me, and I only run the unit via Wi-Fi. Indoors to a PC, outdoors with a second generation iPad Air.

This may be a very unintelligent question but I'm new to the launch monitor/simulator world. I bought the BLP a month ago and have really been enjoying it; albeit I'm inside connected to a laptop so I haven't experienced many of the issues stated above.

I'm slowly learning the finer points of the game and trying to pay more attention to details such as spin, launch angle, etc. My question revolves around the tracking of these data points and especially as they relate to distance. If I compare my 9I out side, I'm comfortably hitting this club 145-150 yds with an easy swing. When I hit the same club inside my basement the BLP is registering that shot at 120-125. This seems to be happening with just about every club in my bag. I know everyone likes to think they hit the ball further than they really do, but 20+ yards is a massive difference in club selection. While it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the Foresight Range it has definitely made it more challenging to play courses. 

Has anyone else experienced these kind of issues? The only thing I could think of was that the BLP is on the ground roughly 1.5 inches lower than the turf mat I'm hitting off of but even when I put it on something it didn't seem to change. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

45 minutes ago, TheZebra said:

This may be a very unintelligent question but I'm new to the launch monitor/simulator world. I bought the BLP a month ago and have really been enjoying it; albeit I'm inside connected to a laptop so I haven't experienced many of the issues stated above.

I'm slowly learning the finer points of the game and trying to pay more attention to details such as spin, launch angle, etc. My question revolves around the tracking of these data points and especially as they relate to distance. If I compare my 9I out side, I'm comfortably hitting this club 145-150 yds with an easy swing. When I hit the same club inside my basement the BLP is registering that shot at 120-125. This seems to be happening with just about every club in my bag. I know everyone likes to think they hit the ball further than they really do, but 20+ yards is a massive difference in club selection. While it hasn't stopped me from enjoying the Foresight Range it has definitely made it more challenging to play courses. 

Has anyone else experienced these kind of issues? The only thing I could think of was that the BLP is on the ground roughly 1.5 inches lower than the turf mat I'm hitting off of but even when I put it on something it didn't seem to change. 

Any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Is the barometer turned on?  That might help but 20 yards with a 9 iron is a lot to be off due to elevation unless you live in a pretty high elevation area.  Do you ever use it on the course?  Might be worth a shot to see if you have a big discrepancy between outdoor and indoor swing speeds/delivery.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwettig said:

Is the barometer turned on?  That might help but 20 yards with a 9 iron is a lot to be off due to elevation unless you live in a pretty high elevation area.  Do you ever use it on the course?  Might be worth a shot to see if you have a big discrepancy between outdoor and indoor swing speeds/delivery.

I second checking this.

"Indoor swing syndrome" is something that can affect people of any handicap. Sometimes you do it differently just knowing you're indoors, even if there's ample room.

I've also seen people go all out on the ball indoors and make worse contact than they do in the course. Hard to say whether that's due to never really losing a ball from a wild shot, having distance numbers up on the screen to compare between holes, or something else entirely.

6 hours ago, LHGolf4 said:

For all my complaints about wifi connectivity I will say the yardages (at least carry) are pretty spot on.  The total distance might be a little generous, but the carry matches distance with shots at the course so no problems there.

Just to be clear you are connecting to the launch pro’s internal WiFi and having these issues?  Or your home network?