2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

1 hour ago, kwettig said:

I think when they developed FSX Pro they were looking to split the two main products…fittings/lessons and simulation.  From my experience with FSX Play, unless they are going to incorporate a lot of additional features in the future, it just seems like a software that will be used to play simulated golf. And FSX Pro will be where you can generate detailed reports and get into the weeds of club delivery and ball data.  

I know they have multiple ranges in FSX play 

to me it’s just odd I can access the compare feature in FSX pro, but not FSX 2020. I’d have to pay 4k to Unlock compare on the BLP, but it’s free in FSX pro. Some overlooked things IMO

20 minutes ago, YoungJedi said:

I know they have multiple ranges in FSX play 

to me it’s just odd I can access the compare feature in FSX pro, but not FSX 2020. I’d have to pay 4k to Unlock compare on the BLP, but it’s free in FSX pro. Some overlooked things IMO

I agree.  Very strange it’s not available for BLP users with gold package.

Anyone have an issue getting FSX Pro on PC to work with BLP?

I open up FSX Pro, and at the log in screen, hit the “Subscription” button. I connect the BLP, and then have the option to enter password for FSX Live. I enter the correct password (username is also correct), and then get an error message: “fsx pro password not matching or the player creation event failed”.

Unlocked my BLP tonight. $3,995 and I don’t thinking was charged tax as my pending Amex charge is $3,995. 

Unfortunately I only had about 30 mins to use it before I had to head to work. During that time one of the tarp clips for my screen broke. The tension was a tad loose before adding the foam insulation to my metal poles, and perhaps the tension is too tight now. I will cut the insulation to allow the bungee cords to have less tension. 

Edited by No_Ugos

5 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Do you guys ever get a larger than normal downward AOA on irons?

Usually we’re -10 AOA on GC3/BLP but the spin, SS, LA and distances are correct and normal. My daughter was on trackman Sunday. Numbers matched closely except iron AOA was -3 to -4 which sounds right. 

I’m going to use my launch pro in conjunction with a trackman this week. I just unlocked the launch pro, so I will be able to compare AoA on each shot. 

14 hours ago, Frank_Dux said:

Do you guys ever get a larger than normal downward AOA on irons?

Usually we’re -10 AOA on GC3/BLP but the spin, SS, LA and distances are correct and normal. My daughter was on trackman Sunday. Numbers matched closely except iron AOA was -3 to -4 which sounds right. 

I've seen this a few times. On my holy grail mat, if I'm at -10 or so, I can feel the chunk and see a huge dropoff on launch when I go that deep, but I've definitely seen a few times where my GC3 has "lied" about it. It's not often, and obvious when it happens, but I don't know what's causing it. Most of the time I think it's when there's weird shadows playing around near the ball, but I'm not really sure what exactly causes it.

7 minutes ago, dh2o said:

I've seen this a few times. On my holy grail mat, if I'm at -10 or so, I can feel the chunk and see a huge dropoff on launch when I go that deep, but I've definitely seen a few times where my GC3 has "lied" about it. It's not often, and obvious when it happens, but I don't know what's causing it. Most of the time I think it's when there's weird shadows playing around near the ball, but I'm not really sure what exactly causes it.

From my experience so far, the error was when the tilt of the GC3 didn't match the hitting surface. It is heavy enough to sink into my turf and settled in uneven...once I adjusted I got more realistic AOA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

I’m going to use my launch pro in conjunction with a trackman this week. I just unlocked the launch pro, so I will be able to compare AoA on each shot. 

1 hour ago, dh2o said:

1 hour ago, MayorJustin said:

From my experience so far, the error was when the tilt of the GC3 didn't match the hitting surface. It is heavy enough to sink into my turf and settled in uneven...once I adjusted I got more realistic AOA.

Thanks guys. We have a thicker mat which is spongy, but when we had the Mevo+, AOA wasn't normal with the same mat. Chunks aren't frequent and the distance, SS, etc. look normal. Interesting. 

I did get a B4 error a few sessions ago (it's been a while), but noticed I didn't do my usual connection process. I did the power cycle and it was fine. I still haven't updated to the latest firmware. 

Hi All,

I recently purchased the GC3 (only option available here in New Zealand, but prob would have went that way regardless).

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread which was fundamental resource to inform my purchase.

So far, so good - I have been very impressed with the unit - very reliable (hardly ever misses a shot) and most of the numbers seem quite believable.  I have a slight question mark over the spin rates and AoA data, but perhaps t just a matter of the truth hurting! 😆

I do have one question - not sure if anyone already knows; what purpose does the "ball choice" selection serve - i.e. on each session, I have to go in and tell the unit that I am using premium balls.  I assume it's irrelevant in terms of the measured data (spin rates etc) so perhaps it has an impact on the distance algorithm (e.g. perhaps it assumes "premium" balls have a higher compression and travel further??).  Anyway, just curious if anyone knows if it has any tangible impact as I find it is a little bit of nuisance having to go in and set it each time (doesn't appear to be an option to set a default).

Thanks again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pixie said:

Hi All,

I recently purchased the GC3 (only option available here in New Zealand, but prob would have went that way regardless).

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread which was fundamental resource to inform my purchase.

So far, so good - I have been very impressed with the unit - very reliable (hardly ever misses a shot) and most of the numbers seem quite believable.  I have a slight question mark over the spin rates and AoA data, but perhaps t just a matter of the truth hurting! 😆

I do have one question - not sure if anyone already knows; what purpose does the "ball choice" selection serve - i.e. on each session, I have to go in and tell the unit that I am using premium balls.  I assume it's irrelevant in terms of the measured data (spin rates etc) so perhaps it has an impact on the distance algorithm (e.g. perhaps it assumes "premium" balls have a higher compression and travel further??).  Anyway, just curious if anyone knows if it has any tangible impact as I find it is a little bit of nuisance having to go in and set it each time (doesn't appear to be an option to set a default).

Thanks again.

I use it to compare the different characteristics of balls.  You can add the name of the specific ball you use or any other ball.  Or you can delete any of them and just leave the ball you use in the list. 

Does anyone still have the issue where your GC3 will just start blinking blue and not recognize the ball in the hitting area?  I thought this was addressed with a firmware update but I'm on the latest firmware and it still happens to me about 3 times per hour, super frustrating. I have to turn the GC3 off then back on to get it fixed each time.

3 hours ago, kmelv41 said:

Does anyone still have the issue where your GC3 will just start blinking blue and not recognize the ball in the hitting area?  I thought this was addressed with a firmware update but I'm on the latest firmware and it still happens to me about 3 times per hour, super frustrating. I have to turn the GC3 off then back on to get it fixed each time.

It does this to me in FSX Play a lot.  The unit’s display will see the ball but the program won’t.  I have to disconnect and reconnect or close the program and restart.  Haven’t had the issue with the unit in standalone itself.

On 3/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, kmelv41 said:

I reported this as a bug to them about 3-4 weeks ago.  They told me to roll the firmware back to v1.1.8.8  I've been injured so I haven't had time to do that to see if that fixes or not.

8 hours ago, Snarfn said:

Hardware. They replaced something. Apparently it's common and something they are aware of to fix 

So B4 and barometer issues seem to be the biggest issues (along with a non read anytime I hit my driver pure 😩😩😩)

My launch pro seems to think I’m 350 feet below sea level. It’s only 500 feet off 😂😂😂

Thoughts on unlocking vs paying for Gold annually?  

I would be annoyed to continually having to pay an annual subscription but economically is it better to go that way (present value, etc vs. will the annual fee increase)?  Also, in 5 years will I still be using this or upgrading to something more technologically advanced?  Just curious how others made their decision.  Thanks.

16 minutes ago, ericg33 said:

I would be annoyed to continually having to pay an annual subscription but economically is it better to go that way (present value, etc vs. will the annual fee increase)?  Also, in 5 years will I still be using this or upgrading to something more technologically advanced?  Just curious how others made their decision.  Thanks.

There a few minor things unlocked that I think make a big difference. 

the feature to compare like you can on quad is available in unlocked. And also the ability to do net play. I haven’t done them personally but my dad unlocked his unit. I am still on Gold sub on my unit so will be cool to compare thoughts. 

I plan on unlocking mine in October when year 1 is up. 

41 minutes ago, YoungJedi said:

There a few minor things unlocked that I think make a big difference. 

the feature to compare like you can on quad is available in unlocked. And also the ability to do net play. I haven’t done them personally but my dad unlocked his unit. I am still on Gold sub on my unit so will be cool to compare thoughts. 

I plan on unlocking mine in October when year 1 is up. 

Thanks.  I should probably know this but what is unlocked with net play?  I plan to use this mostly indoors with a net.  Looking more for data but would be nice to see the driving range view on a computer or iPad.  Less interested in a Sim currently but would like the flexibility to build in the future if I can take over part of my garage on a permanent basis.

1 hour ago, ericg33 said:

There are pluses and minuses for both scenarios.  I went with a fully unlocked GC3 as it might be more beneficial for future resale value and would have to think subscription fees would probably increase rather than decrease/stay unchanged in the future.  Just my thoughts.