2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

31 minutes ago, oodavo said:

Remember that pressure changes significantly with weather so its estimated elevation will also change. 

Looks like high pressure here today so it will read as lower elevation?  Interesting.  I’ll have to gather some data on average carry between 400 vs 900 foot elevation as that seems to be about the range of the pressure of weather I would actually play in.  I haven’t used my GC3 outdoors yet…. Another month before that’s feasible here.

I've been trying to troubleshoot the barometer, elevation and temp disparities with Foresight since I purchase mine.  They now tell me the temperature you see on the screen is the temperature of the unit and they don't use temp in their calculations.  Doesn't make sense...I think it's a hardware issue.  That's their reasoning why the temp keeps climbing and climbing the longer you use it.  Mine gets up over 100 degrees even when in my 40 degree garage.  I think this is partly why estimated elevation is also so inconsistent. 

1 hour ago, oc_mike said:

I've been trying to troubleshoot the barometer, elevation and temp disparities with Foresight since I purchase mine.  They now tell me the temperature you see on the screen is the temperature of the unit and they don't use temp in their calculations.  Doesn't make sense...I think it's a hardware issue.  That's their reasoning why the temp keeps climbing and climbing the longer you use it.  Mine gets up over 100 degrees even when in my 40 degree garage.  I think this is partly why estimated elevation is also so inconsistent. 

I think it’s strange they say that…when I am in FSX 2020 and I play a couple courses or hit the range after a long session and I click off barometer in settings and it’s at 105° and x’ of elevation.  So clearly to me it’s inputting the temp reading into the FSX software.  It’s now habit to just set it up within the software.

16 hours ago, oc_mike said:

Air temp doesnt impact distance that much, if at all. Its the temperature of the the ball and club that creates the distance loss as it gets colder. Because of that, I'm fine with them not including it in the calc.

Cold air has more density than warm air when pressure is constant.  So it will have an effect.  I've played on the new FSX Play software where everything is flying way short and I check the settings and it’s strangely set to 0° F so it’s definitely factoring it in.  I might do a test today between temps and elevations on FSX 2020.

22 hours ago, larciel said:

I updated FW twice and twice it shows "FW Update FAILED.... " for 0.5 sec and reboot itself. But unit shows updated FW version and everything works. I just hate seeing that error visually. lol

That happened to me on the prior firmware update. Exact same thing. Was surprised it upgrade and we never had issues after. However, before the firmware upgrade, we had more B4 issues. I’m not sure if it’s been the power cycles or the FW update that helped

On 2/25/2022 at 4:21 PM, larciel said:

I updated FW twice and twice it shows "FW Update FAILED.... " for 0.5 sec and reboot itself. But unit shows updated FW version and everything works. I just hate seeing that error visually. lol

Yeah mine failed to update after downloading. Same fw. Now when I go to check for update it says no server found or no update available. Weird and not something I’d expect from a pretty expensive consumer LM. 

Edited by JCP22

Has anyone had crazy spin axis on their unit?  I am considering sending it in for repair or recalibration.  I get a lot of 70 degree spin axis with driver which is practically impossible.  They also definitely don't feel like a crazy hook like that.  I didn't get those on my GC2 before I sold it.  

I have no obvious cause that I can think of.   I plan to test my clothing to see if it glows in infrared but I doubt that will be the case.  Nothing in the background that could cause it, no direct light that could be causing it.  I am at a loss.

Edited by clevited

Swing hard in case you hit it!

43 minutes ago, clevited said:

Has anyone had crazy spin axis on their unit?  I am considering sending it in for repair or recalibration.  I get a lot of 70 degree spin axis with driver which is practically impossible.  They also definitely don't feel like a crazy hook like that.  I didn't get those on my GC2 before I sold it.  

I have no obvious cause that I can think of.   I plan to test my clothing to see if it glows in infrared but I doubt that will be the case.  Nothing in the background that could cause it, no direct light that could be causing it.  I am at a loss.

I was hitting off one of those thick rubber range tees this weekend, while using a trackman as well, and using the tee i was getting approx 60 degree left spin. Changes to a real tee and no issues. 

5 minutes ago, oodavo said:

I was hitting off one of those thick rubber range tees this weekend, while using a trackman as well, and using the tee i was getting approx 60 degree left spin. Changes to a real tee and no issues. 

I was using martini tees, they have a really wide top that I thought could be getting confused as a ball.  I switched to normal wooden tees, no change.  It happens most often on really well struck shots.  Not sure if its a speed issue or what.  I will try teeing back further in the GC3's window to see if that helps.

3 hours ago, oodavo said:

Is there a screen protector for these? 

No but I assume you can measure and use a phone screen protector that's the same size? Just don't know if that would mess up the screen, but figure if a glass screen protector works on a cell phone, it might work here. Probably best to ask tech support. 

4 hours ago, clevited said:

I was using martini tees, they have a really wide top that I thought could be getting confused as a ball.  I switched to normal wooden tees, no change.  It happens most often on really well struck shots.  Not sure if its a speed issue or what.  I will try teeing back further in the GC3's window to see if that helps.

I also had some bizarre spin axis shots with driver using a big white range tee.  Possibly had some using a white martini tee as well but I haven’t really had the issue for a few months and I use either a tornado tee or the fiberbuilt mat tee.

13 minutes ago, kwettig said:

I also had some bizarre spin axis shots with driver using a big white range tee.  Possibly had some using a white martini tee as well but I haven’t really had the issue for a few months and I use either a tornado tee or the fiberbuilt mat tee.

I guess I am still using a white wooden tee, I will try a natural wood color one and see if that helps.

Well, for a short story. I had a laptop that I had to part ways with so I’m back to the iPad until I can build a PC. Currently working on that front, but in no real rush, as I plan to use it in sim room I’m building in new house this summer….and I’m hearing nothing but bugs in FSX Play so far. Will wait to upgrade until those can get sorted out. 

I’m actually amazed at how good FSX pro is. The ability to do target mode. Change width of green, COMPARE mode (which is not available in fsx2020 for BLP users), and ability to change around data tiles.

The reports you can generate in FSX pro are awesome. So sad you can’t do this In actual desktop software. It’s “almost” track man type report. 

the iPad seems to almost be better than desktop software. My only complaint is the graphics in the report. Very grainy. And the dispersion circles show the yardage from 50 yards all the way to 200 yards (even if you’re only hitting to 150). It would be nice to see it zoomed in so the pictures are actually more relevant to what you’re looking at, and you could see dispersion more noticeably (like in trackman software). Hope these can be addressed as they update software…

On 3/3/2022 at 11:14 PM, YoungJedi said:

The reports you can generate in FSX pro are awesome. So sad you can’t do this In actual desktop software. It’s “almost” track man type report. 

Not sure if the functionality is identical, but Foresight does have a PC version of FX Pro called 'FX Pro Studio'

https://www.foresightsports.com/support/software/fsx-pro

3 hours ago, MoryRacilroy said:

Not sure if the functionality is identical, but Foresight does have a PC version of FX Pro called 'FX Pro Studio'

https://www.foresightsports.com/support/software/fsx-pro

Will have to look into it. But why have so many different applications? If it’s not pay for play, doesn’t make sense to me to have multiple. Just put that same functionality it your main software. Am I missing something? Lol 

On 3/3/2022 at 10:14 PM, YoungJedi said:

Well, for a short story. I had a laptop that I had to part ways with so I’m back to the iPad until I can build a PC. Currently working on that front, but in no real rush, as I plan to use it in sim room I’m building in new house this summer….and I’m hearing nothing but bugs in FSX Play so far. Will wait to upgrade until those can get sorted out. 

I’m actually amazed at how good FSX pro is. The ability to do target mode. Change width of green, COMPARE mode (which is not available in fsx2020 for BLP users), and ability to change around data tiles.

the iPad seems to almost be better than desktop software. My only complaint is the graphics in the report. Very grainy. And the dispersion circles show the yardage from 50 yards all the way to 200 yards (even if you’re only hitting to 150). It would be nice to see it zoomed in so the pictures are actually more relevant to what you’re looking at, and you could see dispersion more noticeably (like in trackman software). Hope these can be addressed as they update software…

I like the convenience of using my iPad over my laptop (battery life on the laptop may get 45 minutes tops).  My problem is the WiFi on the Bushnell LP is horrible.  I may get 10 shots, maybe 5, sometimes 20.  But then I will get the icon showing disconnected and I have to close out FSX, verify the WiFi is connected to the unit again, then open FSX back up.  Really gets old after 4-5 times.

Edited by LHGolf4
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, YoungJedi said:

Will have to look into it. But why have so many different applications? If it’s not pay for play, doesn’t make sense to me to have multiple. Just put that same functionality it your main software. Am I missing something? Lol 

I think when they developed FSX Pro they were looking to split the two main products…fittings/lessons and simulation.  From my experience with FSX Play, unless they are going to incorporate a lot of additional features in the future, it just seems like a software that will be used to play simulated golf. And FSX Pro will be where you can generate detailed reports and get into the weeds of club delivery and ball data.