2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Launch Pro Device with Foresight

9 hours ago, No_Ugos said:

Are they going to force us to move to play, or can we stay on 2020

I don’t think they can stop us from using 2020, they’ll just stop patching it at some point. Based on the state of the world and software development talent in general, they will be updating FSX Play for the next year or two if I had to guess. 

On 2/21/2022 at 3:12 PM, jcrews5508 said:

Has anyone used support in an attempt to get a repair done? I received a launch pro in the first batch and I am getting an excessive amount of missed shots. Sometimes 40%-50% of a session. These shots are off a mat and I’m aware a moving mat can cause issues but my launch pro seems to lose the ball even when the ball is just sitting still. It will go from ready to place ball in hitting area back and forth without any movement. It was like this from the start but I figured it would get better with software updates but seems to be getting worse. Running most recent firmware.

Ok after doing some additional Testing it looks to be something to do with club mode. I’m noticing if I move my club head it loses the ball, happens with clubs with or without a dot. If I do a forward press or twist the club in any way at the moment of take away it loses the ball.

Does not happen if I turn off club mode.

Was happening prior to the firmware update as well.

I got a ton of B4 errors. They told me the only fix was to send in to replace some component. I did that. They’ve had it about 14 days now. Received and email they were working on it about four days ago. They gave me a free standard course for my troubles. 

Hey Guys, finally got mine today. Yardages are way shorter than actual. Im a +1 and know my yardages, have even been gapped with a GC2 at golftec. Yardages im seeing are on avg 15 to 20% less then actual. Any thoughts or advice. 

I have tried off the matt, off a tee, new balls, old balls, same results every time. 

4 minutes ago, oodavo said:

Hey Guys, finally got mine today. Yardages are way shorter than actual. Im a +1 and know my yardages, have even been gapped with a GC2 at golftec. Yardages im seeing are on avg 15 to 20% less then actual. Any thoughts or advice. 

I have tried off the matt, off a tee, new balls, old balls, same results every time. 

Depending on what elevation you play at, make sure you’ve turned the barometer on from settings on the device. 

4 minutes ago, oodavo said:

First time swinging indoors? Because I thought the same thing at first u will get ur numbers as you get more comfortable. I’ve took mine to dicks an tested against trackman then we had a warm day this past week I shot the flag I had like 70 yards to the pin hit it right at it came up just short it said 68 carry. Did the same from 150 stiffed it said 150 on the gc3 an on my rangefinder. I find my mat I get a little more spin than outside but for me this is my second launch monitor but when I first got one seemed shorter to me as well but as I became more comfortable I started hitting my yardages.

10 minutes ago, liltwigy said:

First time swinging indoors? Because I thought the same thing at first u will get ur numbers as you get more comfortable. I’ve took mine to dicks an tested against trackman then we had a warm day this past week I shot the flag I had like 70 yards to the pin hit it right at it came up just short it said 68 carry. Did the same from 150 stiffed it said 150 on the gc3 an on my rangefinder. I find my mat I get a little more spin than outside but for me this is my second launch monitor but when I first got one seemed shorter to me as well but as I became more comfortable I started hitting my yardages.

Been swinging indoors for years. Swinging as hard as i can, i cant even get close to my normal numbers. I do have the barometer on. I tried hitting off the tee to see if the mat was creating excess spin, no change there. Super frustrated as i was so excited to get this. Will try and compare to a trackman this weekend. 

21 minutes ago, oodavo said:

Been swinging indoors for years. Swinging as hard as i can, i cant even get close to my normal numbers. I do have the barometer on. I tried hitting off the tee to see if the mat was creating excess spin, no change there. Super frustrated as i was so excited to get this. Will try and compare to a trackman this weekend. 

My barometer was consistently reading at 150ft below sea level, so be careful with using it.

In the end, I set a custom elevation in FSX2020 based on where I live / play and things got better.

14 hours ago, oodavo said:

150ft

My distances seemed 10-15% less when I first got the GC3 as well.  Barometer did not work initially so sea level to my elevation of ~ 850ft made a big difference plus a little bit indoor swing syndrome and an AoA and path issue.  Barometer working correctly now and small swing fix distances are club longer than on course distance last season.  I’d imagine that 400’ of elevation difference is a big deal.  Also remember it measures temperature and that has a not insignificant effect of distances.  I would turn barometer off and check.  Or if you have FSX 2020 running change the elevation and temp to what you normally play at.

20 hours ago, oodavo said:

Is your swing speed lower on the BLP/GC3?

1 hour ago, oc_mike said:

Unfortunately the unit doesn't measure exterior temperature or take that into ball flight calculations.  I find the barometer and elevation is off and I hope it's fixed some day.

Yes, it measures temperature as well.  It will certainly factor temp in the carry equations.  If you turn it off it will be set at 0’ and 80°.  5C3690E2-8D4B-4A80-B6E3-5223A34C2E0C.jpeg.635c852b48b1151987f2121d93503845.jpeg

Mine registers anywhere from 400’ to 900’.  It is low today.  I’m at 930’ elevation according to my iPhone compass.

15 minutes ago, kwettig said:

Yes, it measures temperature as well.  It will certainly factor temp in the carry equations.  If you turn it off it will be set at 0’ and 80°.  5C3690E2-8D4B-4A80-B6E3-5223A34C2E0C.jpeg.635c852b48b1151987f2121d93503845.jpeg

Mine registers anywhere from 400’ to 900’.  It is low today.  I’m at 930’ elevation according to my iPhone compass.

Remember that pressure changes significantly with weather so its estimated elevation will also change.