2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

PITBULL808 WITB

Reid. welcome to the srixon Family!!! Are those 506's Kwok'd? Think they are on borrowed time until the 701 tour's come out?? LOL.

Now all you need is the Tour Edge CB2 3 wood and a couple of sonartec t35's and our bags would almost be twins!!

Let me know if you come to NorCal, we gotta get side by side bag pics... I should have my Marvin bag by then.

Mahalo!!!

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reid. welcome to the srixon Family!!! Are those 506's Kwok'd? Think they are on borrowed time until the 701 tour's come out?? LOL.

Now all you need is the Tour Edge CB2 3 wood and a couple of sonartec t35's and our bags would almost be twins!!

Let me know if you come to NorCal, we gotta get side by side bag pics... I should have my Marvin bag by then.

Mahalo!!!

Thanks for the welcome! :partytime2: No..the 506's weren't Kwok'ed although for awhile I did think of sending them to him. Instead they were built here locally in Honolulu by my other buddy who could assist me with all my anal needs personally while I played "vulture" and looked over his shoulder as he did it. ;) Joe probably would have hit me over the head with a superquad if I did that to him. :pardon:

Thanks for the invite as well! Maybe we'll have to organize a GolfWRX outing for guys with the ostentatious Marvin bags! YO SCOTT...you coming??!! :cheesy:

Reid you bag is nice in the pictures but man after seeing it in person, the bag is even better looking. BTW that putter is Sick, nice pick up.

Thanks Bobby. I really love the bag but at times, I wish is was an ugly thing so I wouldn't have to be so careful with it! :tongue:

Anyways....it's been nine days...so bag pics updated again.

New in there........

ONOFF 450cc+ w/ Roddio Penatacross W-7WA shaft. After seeing and hearing my friends rave about it, well the "ho" in me got the best of me as usual. Carl, fitted me up with the Roddio and after one round with it, I have no complaints. It's a very pretty looking driver head. The face angle can be set to whatever you want when building the club. I have my just about a degree open. The feel at impact is similar to a Titleist but where I find the Titleist lacking in "hotness" the ONOFF excels. The Roddio is very tight feeling but at the same time lively. I've been able to swing out of my shoes with it yet it still felt tight where I wasn't going to lose the ball to the left. I know it's been only one round, but for the moment, I'm really liking this driver.

Also had my irons rebuilt again but this time had some No1 grips from Japan installed. Everyone's probably heard of Iomics by now but the No1 is taking over the Ion grip world. If you put No1 backwards...it's 1oN or Ion. This grip is very tacky and at the same time being soft and firm. I really love them and they have really brought a great feel to my irons.

Lastly my Bettinardi Studio B SB-3 putter from Japan. Carbon Steel feel and all the craftsmanship you expect from Mr Bettinardi. The fnish looks much darker in person then the pics show. The weight on the head is extremely good. At 35", the putter is swingweigting at D7. This easily made it's way to the top of my blade collection.

Hope you like the new additions. :friends:

Which iron sets are most likely to make it in your bag right now, Reid ?

My suggestions:

1. Srixon I 701 Tour

2. Miura Cb-202

3. Crews Golf Tour Link Slitback

4. Fourteen Tc-770 Forged

5. PRGR is3 502

1.No

2.No

3.No

4.No

5.No

this would be a very hard one to get, if i didnt know that is. :shok:

Would YOU then consider any of these sets ?

LOL..guys! Dwight..you cheated..you've seen them already! Anyways..yeah the switch was pretty abrupt even for me. I had all intents to get the Srixon 701's when they came out in August. BUT...when these clubs were offered to me, I just couldn't pass them up. Claus, you've got a pretty good list there but Crew's, PRGR, Fourteen and Miura never have really "captured" my attention. But then again, I've had Miura, PRGR and Fourteen in the past. :cheesy:

The irons I got were something I've been attempting to get ever since I saw the proto's last year. I contacted all my sources to get me one first but when I heard the price...it almost knocked me over. Then this set popped up and a good friend made me an offer I couldn't resist so the only option I had was to sell everything I had to get the deal done. So...new irons in the bag are ONOFF Forged Plus CB's. I've been hitting them all week into the net and have been smiling the whole time. I don't know how it will be on the course tomorrow, but at this time I really don't care. They've been my "dream" club since I first laid eyes on them.

Here's a sample. I'll update my first post later when I also get my new bag. No..that's not going to be a ON OFF either. It's a whole lot harder then even that to get. :shok:

ONOFFFORGED009.jpg

LOL..guys! Dwight..you cheated..you've seen them already! Anyways..yeah the switch was pretty abrupt even for me. I had all intents to get the Srixon 701's when they came out in August. BUT...when these clubs were offered to me, I just couldn't pass them up. Claus, you've got a pretty good list there but Crew's, PRGR, Fourteen and Miura never have really "captured" my attention. But then again, I've had Miura, PRGR and Fourteen in the past. :cheesy:

The irons I got were something I've been attempting to get ever since I saw the proto's last year. I contacted all my sources to get me one first but when I heard the price...it almost knocked me over. Then this set popped up and a good friend made me an offer I couldn't resist so the only option I had was to sell everything I had to get the deal done. So...new irons in the bag are ONOFF Forged Plus CB's. I've been hitting them all week into the net and have been smiling the whole time. I don't know how it will be on the course tomorrow, but at this time I really don't care. They've been my "dream" club since I first laid eyes on them.

Here's a sample. I'll update my first post later when I also get my new bag. No..that's not going to be a ON OFF either. It's a whole lot harder then even that to get. :cheesy:

ONOFFFORGED009.jpg

I see ONOFF on the TSG site, but what ther heck is this brand :shok: :cheesy:

I've never heard nor seen them before - the name sounds kind of comical in a good sense though :cheesy:

What did you have to pay for them and what kind of shafts - are they 1020 forged carbon steel or S20 steel (they are japanese right ?)

Here's a sample. I'll update my first post later when I also get my new bag. No..that's not going to be a ON OFF either. It's a whole lot harder then even that to get. :cheesy:

ONOFFFORGED009.jpg

Too nice. :shok: I liked seeing you in the Srixons, especially as it's the first time you've followed me into a set of clubs (rather than the usual vice-versa version), but I couldn't see you in them for too long, what with your access to some seriously exotic JDM stuff and all. :cheesy: D'ah well, the upside to this switch is that I'm lefty so lack of availability will allow me to keep my marriage happy(ish) rather than play the never-ending game of "keeping up with the pitbulls." :cheesy:

:hi:

I see ONOFF on the TSG site, but what ther heck is this brand :cheesy: :cheesy:

I've never heard nor seen them before - the name sounds kind of comical in a good sense though :cheesy:

What did you have to pay for them and what kind of shafts - are they 1020 forged carbon steel or S20 steel (they are japanese right ?)

Claus...if you've seen ONOFF..then you've heard of these. Those are ONOFF Forged Plus Cavity Backs. ONOFF being from Daiwa Seiko in Japan. I believe they are Carbon Steel and yes, they are forged in Japan. :cheesy:

As for price, they were not cheap. This 3-SW/10 irons were last used by an ONOFF Sponsored Professional who decided to switch to the extremely rare ONOFF CB247/Tour Only Cavity Backs.

Too nice. :shok: I liked seeing you in the Srixons, especially as it's the first time you've followed me into a set of clubs (rather than the usual vice-versa version), but I couldn't see you in them for too long, what with your access to some seriously exotic JDM stuff and all. :cheesy: D'ah well, the upside to this switch is that I'm lefty so lack of availability will allow me to keep my marriage happy(ish) rather than play the never-ending game of "keeping up with the pitbulls." :cheesy:

Thanks George. You're right, it's really hard not to get tempted. It was nice though being "bag twins" with you for awhile though. :cheesy:

Okay......the bag pics have been updated.

NEW....ONOFF PLUS Forged CB's. I don't know what else to say but these irons are fantastic. Super soft Japan forgings from Daiwa Seikio with incredible feel. Workable either way and just a joy to use. I'm really pleased with these irons. I don't think I've been as pleased with anything this great in years.

New also is my ONOFF bagthat I think is just super looking. :cheesy:

OH..and added yet another putter. Just couldn't pass up the Cleveland BeNi in just perfect condition for it's age.

Enjoy...hope you like the new additions. :shok:

• 2 weeks later...

Yay! I'm post #300 in this monster thread. :ok: I predict that within 5 years this thread will either be 1) used as proof that Reid is not trying to defraud his insurance company, that he actually bought all this stuff, or 2) used as proof that Reid does have all these "legitimate" business expenses when he's audited by the IRS. :bad:

:hi:

Yay! I'm post #300 in this monster thread. :) I predict that within 5 years this thread will either be 1) used as proof that Reid is not trying to defraud his insurance company, that he actually bought all this stuff, or 2) used as proof that Reid does have all these "legitimate" business expenses when he's audited by the IRS. :bad:

:ok: Yes...I too look back at all the changes and go ???? :drinks: ???? It actually scares me sometimes....and to think there were many changes that never lasted long enough to take pictures of.

To anwer Dave's question..yeah...I play often enough...probably the worse problem about living in Hawaii is the amount of golf time we can put in. Which leads me to the problem of always wanting to play something better then the last bag. Always trying to get an inch more distance or and inch closer to the hole. Also having stores that carry the equipment many guys only see on internet sites makes it all too easy to do the buy/try.

With this current set up though...I'm pretty darn pleased with everything for the first time in ages. And yes..I'm crossing my fingers.:secret:

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha Reid,

Thank you so much for your info. It is hard to find Carl. I cannot play golf for now due to a stupid FedEx truck driver. He hit me from behind on H1 Highway. I told my attorney that he can ruin my brand new car but he cannot ruin my beloved golf. And I will sue his axx off just for that. Well, I have to admit that you have the best collection of clubs. I throught that you own a pro shop or what. But they are beautiful! I have never seen so many dream clubs....Since I cannot play now, I am thinking about buying clubs just to look at them. I got a Taylormade Superquad TP 9.5 head and I am thinking about putting the best shaft on it. I am currently using Mamiya Axiv on my R5 TP. But the distance is so-so. I am 5'10", 170 lbs, average driver distance 240+. Any suggestion? Thank you again and looking forward to see you guys.

David

Holy cow. Cool WITB. This site is crazy. I cannot believe there is an infinite amount of club brands I have never heard of. And I am an asst. pro.

Driver: Wilson Whale

3 wd: Nickent 4DX

5 wd: Adams Faldo Series

7 wd: Warrior Tomahawk

9 wd:  Mastergrip OSC

11 wd: Goldwin 11

Irons 7-pw: Slotline Inertial E-Max

SW: Alien Shot Saver   LW: Hummingbird Air X 70 degree

Putter: Tour Edge T-Balance

Ball: Chromax Titanium

Pitbull,

I gotta say, those are awesome pics!!!! Well done from a photography standpoint. LOVE the iron pics with the sky background. Really, really nice pics, even if the clubs are not to my own personal taste (isn't that why they make so many different kinds?).

Good on ya, mate!

Titleist 915 D3 9.5 degree, Oban Devolution 6 (03 stiffness) 65g
TE Exotics CB2 3w 15 degree Proforce V2
Mizuno JPX 825 19 deg Hybrid fujikura s
Ping i20 blue dot, Rifle Project X 5.5
Cleveland RTX 588 56 degree, Rotex 2.0
Ping Anser 2i isopur

Uncle! I'm stumped.

What is a LABO SPEC ST-120 shafts?

Never heard of those.

Proprietary shaft made by Daiwa Seiko for their ONOFF line.

Thanks for the comments guys. :tongue: Even if someone decided to down rate the stars. :cheesy:

• 3 weeks later...

Reid,

Awesome bag(s)!!! And yes, I too identify with your "terrible disease" :tongue: although I still have a loooong way to go to come anywhere near you (only 10 putters, 14 wedges with a few Tour-issues, 2 bags, etc, etc...) :clapping:

And you are ABSOLUTELY right about the "crazy" golf stores with the crazy equipments that most people can only see on the Internet:

1) this trip which included a brief weekend in Orange County, I visited Eagle USA Golf in Costa Mesa, where I picked up a Fourteen wedge - that was the first time that I actually held a Fourteen wedge in my hand, and presto, it's now in my bag :D

2) then we made the trek to Rowland Heights to visit Power Golf Studio to see all their crazy shafts (Rombax, Altus, etc) as well as their Nakashima fitting system. Forked over for another Fourteen wedge (a gift this one is) and some Fourteen grips :fool:

3) then in Honolulu, in between rounds at Ko'olau and Ko Olina, went to the incredible shop Roots and Relics on Merchants Street. And there, I had to restrain myself as there were so many Gauge Designs wedges and putters, as well as hank Kuehne shafts and so on. I feel ill walking out of that shop :yes:

4) and then for the grand finale, I wandered into Carlton Masui's Par 72 golf shop, and oggled over the incredible collections of OnOff, Gauge Designs, etc, to walk out the grand prize, the Chikara Proto 'by Carl" wedge which Carl personally did the paint fill and bent to 58* for me :secret:

It makes the Golfdom, Golf Galaxy, and Golfsmith in my neck of the wood looks soooo lame ;)

BTW, I am waiting for your impression of playing your Chikara wedges :)

Cheers,

Tim

Tim, thank you for the compliments and also for making me notice that I really need to update my pictures. There's an ONOFF 3 wood and the Chikara Wedges I need to post in there.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii. There are actually two other shops you missed that have quite a collection of items as well. :fool: You did find one of our best places though which some of the bigger "ho's" here in Hawaii wish wasn't as known. :secret: I won't even mention their name but it's the only place you have to line up 10 deep to pay. I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed your visit at Par 72. It's one of my daily stops unfortunately! For me and Carlton! :yes:

Come back soon! :tongue:

Tim, thank you for the compliments and also for making me notice that I really need to update my pictures. There's an ONOFF 3 wood and the Chikara Wedges I need to post in there.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Hawaii. There are actually two other shops you missed that have quite a collection of items as well. :fool: You did find one of our best places though which some of the bigger "ho's" here in Hawaii wish wasn't as known. :secret: I won't even mention their name but it's the only place you have to line up 10 deep to pay. I'm also glad to hear you enjoyed your visit at Par 72. It's one of my daily stops unfortunately! For me and Carlton! :yes:

Come back soon! :tongue:

Reid, please say Hi to Carl for me during your "unfortunate" stop at Par 72 today.

I drove by but passed on RD - if you ever go to Orange County, stop by the gigantic RD store in Tustin, as it has to be the world's largest golf store, and you do have to line up 5-6 deep to pay there.

I am planning a come back trip soon, may be by the end of the year - so you can PM me those 2 other special shops that I missed ;)

Thanks and cheers,

Tim

• pitbull808 changed the title to PITBULL808 WITB