2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

PITBULL808 WITB

Pitbull, awesome pix!

How forgiving are the onoff plus irons? Any clue how'd they compare to other player's cavities like the bridgestone J36, cobra pro cb or even the srixon I-701s?

Also, where do you go to buy all those amazing putter covers? Be happy to purchase a golfwrx one too!

Many thanks in advance

JL

Callaway Big Bertha Epic Sub Zero 9* - Fujikura Atmos Tour spec 6S
Bombtech Grenade 3 wood
Callaway Apex UT 21* - NS Pro Modus Tour 105S
Honma 727V 4-PW with NS Pro Modus Tour 120s
Titleist SM5 50*
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD3 58*
Wilson 8802

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitbull, awesome pix!

How forgiving are the onoff plus irons? Any clue how'd they compare to other player's cavities like the bridgestone J36, cobra pro cb or even the srixon I-701s?

Also, where do you go to buy all those amazing putter covers? Be happy to purchase a golfwrx one too!

Many thanks in advance

JL

thanks for the compliments guys. The Plus irons are super forgiving yet not in the clunky way. They're very easy to work and really one of the best sets of irons I've ever owned. Easily one of the sets that I've kept the longest compared to the many others I've tried including the ones you have named. I look for feel, playability and looks and the OnOff Plus irons met those needs better then the rest.

As for putter covers, I have access to many japan items along with many friends who know my "problem" with collecting so they're always kind enough to think of me when they see a cool looking item. The Golfwrx covers with the pitbull on it were custom made for me. You can contact Gwrx Administrator Gxgolfer via PM to custom make covers for yourself or do a seach in our Style section for some of the current Golfwrx covers that are available for sale. :clapping:

I think you need to get some more putters.

Not enough choice there!

LOL...I know it's a sickness and even though I may sell a few, I keep adding to it. :lol:

Since there have been post made in here I decided to update the initial post. I added pics of my Tourstage set up. ;)

• 1 month later...

How are you liking the ONOFF bag? Does it have enough pockets for everything? Practical?

I'm thinking of getting a brown one for 2009. I didn't like the 'tube' look when I first saw them but now I'm in love!

And where can I find the best price? I'm going to Tokyo in Feburary, maybe getting it there and shipping one back would be the best idea...

How are you liking the ONOFF bag? Does it have enough pockets for everything? Practical?

I'm thinking of getting a brown one for 2009. I didn't like the 'tube' look when I first saw them but now I'm in love!

And where can I find the best price? I'm going to Tokyo in Feburary, maybe getting it there and shipping one back would be the best idea...

The OnOff bag is super..and IMO super looking. It's not too big like my Ping Staff bag yet it's bigger then my stand bags where I can hold all my odds and ends with no problem.

As for the Paradiso bag with the tube...I didn't like the tube either when I first got it..but alas...gift from my girlfriend so I had to like it. :pardon: Eventually it really grew on me and it keeps my putter away from any possibility of chatter while I'm playing so I've been really loving that aspect. It too is smaller then my Ping Staff bag but still bigger then my stand bags with a ton of useful pockets. No worries about clubs getting stuck.

I don't know where you could get the best price. I'm lucky that all my stuff is available locally so I don't have to worry about shipping. If you're going to Japan, that might be your best bet. Google Rakuten Golf and you'll find a multitude of listings for shops in Japan. Maybe you can find one close to where you'll be.

sounds good! i just might go with the ONOFF for my new bag, i'm still kinda deciding between the 908 or the bigger 208 model, although right now i can't justify paying the extra $100 for a slightly bigger bag lol

thanks for the tip about Rakuten by the way, i'll definitely do some research before i go there

• 2 months later...

Reid,

Love the setup - the new bag and covers look great (well aren't I supposed to think that.)

Anyways - great looking collection of Rife's - although why no Abaco yet?

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

Reid,

Love the setup - the new bag and covers look great (well aren't I supposed to think that.)

Anyways - great looking collection of Rife's - although why no Abaco yet?

Thanks Matt. :drinks: Unfortunately after a day or so, this bunch of bag pics are out of date again....it's tough keeping up I tell you! Driver is gone, 3 wood is gone, Chikara PROTO for ME added. :D

As for the Abaco...I'll have one soon. Just trying to figure out which one I want and what I want on it. ;)

Great pics, like the SC autographs as well!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

i hope the wedge you FORCED me to grind for you is working out.........

C

:cheesy: I don't force..I'm just 2x your size! :bb: :cheesy:

Thanks for the comments guys. Unfortunately as fast as this "whats in the bag" is updated, it's out of date. I've been through four drivers since, and added three more putters to the collection. Also got another golf bag and this one is really beautiful. I'll get pics up as soon as I can. ;)

Sweet stuff as always, let me know if you ever want to part with that Bimini or dem wedges. I could take out a second mortgage & be at your door within the hour.

P.S. where do you recommend I go locally to get fitted for a new driver shaft? Also, if you want a mid/low 80s hacker to bully around I like to gamble and play whenever.

Great Setup! I'm really impressed with the Chikara's and the No1 Grips. How do you like the No1's? I haven't seem many people use them before.

Chris

[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade R9 10.5* Diamana Kai'li [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Taylormade R9 17* Diamana Kai'li[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Callaway FT 21* Diamana Thump[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Mizuno MP-52 5-PW Project X[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Vokey SM 52, 56, 60, 64 KBS Tour[/font][/size][/color]
[color=#0000ff][size=3][font=courier new,courier,monospace]Bettinardi SB-1[/font][/size][/color]

reid those clubs must be hella good for you not be be doing much hoing anymore.

cheers

Scott

Cobra F9 Speedback 7.0 Graphite Design Tour Ad GP 7x
Callaway Rogue SUB ZERO 13.5 HZRDUS Yellow 83x
Srixon U85 18 & 22  Steelfiber 110 X-cw 
Srixon 585  5/6 Steelfiber 110 X-cw
Srixon 785 7/8/9 Steelfiber 110 X-cw
 Cleveland 46,52 58 RTX3 Steelfiber 125 X-cw
Odyssey Mc2 Oworks
Srixon Zstar gloves, and Zstar XV Ball

Sweet stuff as always, let me know if you ever want to part with that Bimini or dem wedges. I could take out a second mortgage & be at your door within the hour.

P.S. where do you recommend I go locally to get fitted for a new driver shaft? Also, if you want a mid/low 80s hacker to bully around I like to gamble and play whenever.

There's only one place I go locally for any club work. Chikara Designs Golf Studio...located near Don Quixote on the corner of Kanunu and Kaheka Street. You can see Carl there and get a set of wedges straight from the guy who makes them. :yes:

Great Setup! I'm really impressed with the Chikara's and the No1 Grips. How do you like the No1's? I haven't seem many people use them before.

Chris

I really like the No1's...great feel, very soft. Some guys don't care for them because of their softness. They are also not the most durable grips and considering the buy in price of $18 a grip...its a little high for many.

reid those clubs must be hella good for you not be be doing much hoing anymore.

cheers

Scott

Hey Scott..how have you been?? I hope well. You're right..they are pretty good. The irons have been seriously stuck as my favorite. I have looked and purchased a couple of different iron sets in the last year but it's hard to compare the OnOff forged + to any of them if you consider the background and options I have on them. The Labo Spec shafts are pretty hard to come by along with being pretty pricey. I love the feel on them. The whole set built by Daiwa's tour department and just feels so much better then anything I've tested or purchased. It's going to take a very special set of clubs to get them out of the bag. The other stuff..driver's have been in and out by the ton. Currently have a 2009 OnOff with a Mamiya Axiv ATTAS shaft that's yet to be released. So far with three rounds under it's belt its been pretty great. Putters have been in and out but currently going back and forth between my Rife "tour" Cayman, Bimini and BM Captain Morgan. The Captain has still only been on the mat but I think I'll finally unleash it this Friday. Wedges, I may change up grinds on my Chikara's but I'll never play anything else. I've saved so many pars and got so many birdies with them, I'd be an idiot to stray.

Reid and Carlton you're teasing.....

....come on guys talk me through the grind on that new 60* proto

Basically..I've been playing a course with very small greens that are all elevated about 4 to 6 feet. Each green pretty much has a foot of fringe, from there it just slopes downward on all sides. You probably will never get a side hill lie on the greens because they are all shaved down and you'll end up on some very thin grass on the bottom. I told Carl I was having a problem catching the ball extremely clean and what is practically hardpan and getting it elevated enough to hop and stop everywhere without having to do a flop shot on every green I missed. I asked Carl to make me a grind to be able to still attack a ball normally but get right under it and get it to stop immediately. As George/beruo told me....good test to see if Carl could do a grind just by my telling him what I wanted for a specific shot. Well, needless to say he passed the test.

Carl started off with a 60* and shaved down the trailing edge and beveled the leading edge. Sort of a mid bounce behind the channel. The heel and toe were taken down too. The wedge slides under very easily with no need for exaggerated flop shot moves. It's got the usual Chikara hop and stop going on as well. This is actually a grind that Carls been doing for quite a while as a "custom" for his higher caliber players. It actually may be the future v3 or v4 grind depending on which wedges he got in prototype form currently being tested. Carl actually told me to not gun blue the freshly ground parts because he thought it looked cooler in the raw steel as it showed the grind much better. I should have listened to him because although it's nice to have the custom...it did have much more "wow" factor in the raw.

When Carl gets his new bag set up...I'll update his WITB pics that are totally out of date. He's customized his 60* with a similar but slightly different grind.

While it's cool to hear that the new grind is working out for you, it's no surprised. You're definitely in a hugely unique position to have Carl so at the ready to help you out. I'm lucky in that I haven't had to have any adjustments made. Shoot, I'm afraid to refresh the finish for fear of changing the mojo I've got going. :lol:

Anyway, I was looking at your pictures the other day, scrolling through to see the new additions to your putter collection, ogle the proto wedge, check the new driver...you know, the usual and Maya mentioned, "that guy has a LOT of clubs." I told her it was your thread. She just laughed and said I need to make better friends. :cheesy:

:hi:

While it's cool to hear that the new grind is working out for you, it's no surprised. You're definitely in a hugely unique position to have Carl so at the ready to help you out. I'm lucky in that I haven't had to have any adjustments made. Shoot, I'm afraid to refresh the finish for fear of changing the mojo I've got going. :lol:

Anyway, I was looking at your pictures the other day, scrolling through to see the new additions to your putter collection, ogle the proto wedge, check the new driver...you know, the usual and Maya mentioned, "that guy has a LOT of clubs." I told her it was your thread. She just laughed and said I need to make better friends. :cheesy:

:cheesy: It wouldn't be the first time my friends have used my WITB to show their wives/girlfriends to prove they don't have a problem! I'm lucky my girlfriend who doesn't golf very well and is a total beginner appreciates cooler clubs then she actually needs. I keep her bag looking sharp and she has no problem with my sickness. Only probably is Carl has come out with a new "girly" Chikara wedge with a custom Mamiya graphite shaft complete with Chikara and a cutesy flower print on it. She was fine when she looked at my Chikara's saying they looked too much like guy clubs and were too heavy for her. If she see's those I'm going to be in some serious trouble. I'm definitely going to have to hide those when she goes to the shop with me. :D

Reid and Carlton you're teasing.....

....come on guys talk me through the grind on that new 60* proto

Basically..I've been playing a course with very small greens that are all elevated about 4 to 6 feet. Each green pretty much has a foot of fringe, from there it just slopes downward on all sides. You probably will never get a side hill lie on the greens because they are all shaved down and you'll end up on some very thin grass on the bottom. I told Carl I was having a problem catching the ball extremely clean and what is practically hardpan and getting it elevated enough to hop and stop everywhere without having to do a flop shot on every green I missed. I asked Carl to make me a grind to be able to still attack a ball normally but get right under it and get it to stop immediately. As George/beruo told me....good test to see if Carl could do a grind just by my telling him what I wanted for a specific shot. Well, needless to say he passed the test.

Carl started off with a 60* and shaved down the trailing edge and beveled the leading edge. Sort of a mid bounce behind the channel. The heel and toe were taken down too. The wedge slides under very easily with no need for exaggerated flop shot moves. It's got the usual Chikara hop and stop going on as well. This is actually a grind that Carls been doing for quite a while as a "custom" for his higher caliber players. It actually may be the future v3 or v4 grind depending on which wedges he got in prototype form currently being tested. Carl actually told me to not gun blue the freshly ground parts because he thought it looked cooler in the raw steel as it showed the grind much better. I should have listened to him because although it's nice to have the custom...it did have much more "wow" factor in the raw.

When Carl gets his new bag set up...I'll update his WITB pics that are totally out of date. He's customized his 60* with a similar but slightly different grind.

Reid thanks for the response man.

I'm still learning about wedges and the benefits of different grinds. Your new proto seems just about perfect.

Do you use the new proto out of the sand as well as off the grass??

Just a great looking wedge in my view.

Good luck on the course.

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_2034.jpg

Well..that lasted pretty much a day or two. The driver changed five times. The three wood changed three times. The putter..changed today. So about two months since I last updated..here is the update again.

Changes...R9..added it about a week before it's release. Liked it so much I ordered another one, this time the TP. I am not longer then I was, but I do seem to have gained a tighter dispersion. If it gets me in the fairway and decent length, any driver has a strong chance of staying in the bag. The Adams A4 was also added. I love my OnOff but the a4 was made for me. I suck with fw's unless I'm at the range. :fool: The Adams a4 is stupid easy for me to hit. Too bad it's ugly as all hell but it works so easily for me, I've coveted about three other 3 woods since adding the a4 but I just can't pull the trigger. New putter also added. Sorry..near the bottom of the photo's..but it will be worth the wait of the upload to see it. I call it my "IBRM"..the Inspired by Rory McIlroy. ;)

What shaft are you getting in the R9 TP? Your experience seems to be on par with what others have said. Not really longer, but pretty accurate.

I've got the regular R9 at the moment with the Motore X in it. I've got a Fubuki X/TP R9 on order. I really found this driver to be surprisingly accurate versus drivers of much bigger sizes and a thousand times easier to work both ways even in my 1* open setting.

WOW! That super-duper ugly fairway looks all the uglier compared to the rest of your bag. Most of my childhood memories have been repressed, but I think that club could very well be the ugly stick my daddy beat me with!!! :cheesy:

Great looking "rest of the bag" though. ;)

AHHH....$%&%@. :cheesy: YUP..can't stand the looks of it but I can't help enjoying the ease of use.

• pitbull808 changed the title to PITBULL808 WITB