2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

PITBULL808 WITB

Great looking set up as usual Reid. Love the torched Bimini, and I still think that bunny is the best driver cover ever made. :good:

EDIT: I agree with George though, that fairway wood is uglier than sin. :cheesy:

:cheesy: You should hear the ribbing I get from the guys I play with that see that Adams in my bag...but they have to agree, it's really helped my LOUSY fw play. :D

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that Captain Morgan Mystic Pearl 8802 feel compared to your other blade putters, im about to buy one, but want to make sure its worth what the asking price is

Here's a little read on my Captain Morgan that might help explain things like feel/price versus where this putter came from and why it means so much to me. As a long time fan of Byron, his work never ceases to amaze me. With all my background with him behind me..anything he produces feels very good. :yes:

My Captain Morgan

Pitbull808 I have a quick question. In the picture of all your putters I noticed that you have a little beauty I have been looking for for a while. I was wondering if you still have the Taylormade Rossa I believe in the black finish and if I remember correct its by the Red X. Do you still have that and are you in the market to sell?

Pitbull808 I have a quick question. In the picture of all your putters I noticed that you have a little beauty I have been looking for for a while. I was wondering if you still have the Taylormade Rossa I believe in the black finish and if I remember correct its by the Red X. Do you still have that and are you in the market to sell?

Although I have a large/eclectic collection of putters, I own zero TaylorMade putters. The only black finish putter near my Red X is a Cameron JAT. Also, if I have any putters for sale... they will be listed in the classifieds. At this time I do not have anything for sale. :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_2375.jpg

Well..that bag is still sort of around...just benched for the moment. Since my last update about 22 days ago, I've picked up a few more clubs. This time more of the USA variety. A big thing for me as I've played pretty much strictly JDM for the last four years. I think they look pretty sweet in my Bettinardi bag too! For starters, a "tour" Titleist D3 was added. It's on it's second shaft now. The first was a UST Mamiya Red Axiv Core. I liked the shaft but I felt it had a bit too much torque. Although the Fuji Motore F1 I stuck in shows the same amount of torque...as I already knew and was reinforced by Joe Kwok..numbers mean nothing because the shaft companies don't use the same machine to test for the numbers. I tipped the Motore a bit more to tighten it up and so far after two rounds, I'm really liking it. Sort of glad I didn't step up to a heavier shaft. I then added some '09 Callaway X Forged Irons. I had some KBS X shafts installed. After hitting a friends S58 set with the KBS shafts, I was really curious about them and luckily a friend Mauiatheart had a spare set for me. I also added a "tour" Adams Idea Pro hybrid. My Fourteen was "mean" to me and had to be benched. :pardon: While shopping in a used club shop, I saw the Adams and figured what the heck..never tried one before and since I've seen Tadd Fujikawa kill his in the past...I might as well try it. So far, it too has been pretty darn good. Good enough that I contacted Mesmorize/Justin for a Adams Peanut 2 in 18*. I should be getting that this week and will have it built for Fridays round. I also added a Mizuno Bettinardi BC7. After seeing this putter at the Sony this year and having Mr Bettinardi tell me about it and it's design...well, I'm a huge blade putter ho and this had to be added to the collection. I purchased a 33"/355gram putter, pulled the shaft, installed a new one at 35" and added my favorite White Iomic Small grip. It's been a great putter so far. Finally, the newest club I added is someone's old club. Carlton Masui/Chikara Designs has been working with Tadd Fujikawa on some new wedges. Like all of Carls grinds, each has been tested and through the feedback he's gained by testing, he's tweaked the designs for the retail market. This new wedge was hand ground for Tadd and put into play by him. After his testing, he needed slightly more midbounce for his next tournament in Japan, so Carl ground him a new wedge. Since Tadd wasn't going to use this wedge, I was the lucky person to get to play it next. It was originally raw and Tadd had gathered quite a bit of rust on it...except for the sweetspot. :D I stripped the rust off with some naval jelly and a 0000 steel wool pad. Then I gun blued it and added the paintfill. This wedge has the new "legal" grooves but with the grind Carl added to it, I'm not noticing the change in grooves very much other then I'm not eating balls. I'm getting super contact from the tightlies which used to bother me. The heel grind is perfect. Carl took off a lot because Tadd likes to play a variety of shots with his 53*. This became very evident yesterday when Mach1/Bobby was hitting flops with it. :D

So..sorry again for the multitude of pictures to look through, but I get asked for many of the pictures and this is the easiest place for me to keep them all. Wish me luck in no bag changes for awhile. :drinks:

What do you think about the Mizuno BC7?

Ping G400 MAX 9° Motore Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec S

Mizuno ST-3 15° 3W Ventus Blue Velocore 70S

Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 19° 3H HZRDUS Smoke Black 80X
                                                  PXG 0211 XCOR2 Xtreme Dark 5-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80S
Edison 55°/59° DG 115 S200 Tour Issue
Edel EAS 4.0
Camino Sunday Bag
Titleist ProV1

I think you'll like the Adams Peanut 2, Reid. I have the retail Pro Gold in 23* and I LOVE it. I usually don't like hybrids, but it's pretty much impossible to hit a bad shot with it. Mishits lose a little distance, but it's always straight. I haven't hit a hook or a slice with it yet, which is quite an accomplishment for me :D (I hope I didn't just jinx it...)

The new X Forged's are sweet, how are they forgiveness-wise compared to the ONOFF's?

...I also added a Mizuno Bettinardi BC7. After seeing this putter at the Sony this year and having Mr Bettinardi tell me about it and it's design...well, I'm a huge blade putter ho and this had to be added to the collection. I purchased a 33"/355gram putter, pulled the shaft, installed a new one at 35" and added my favorite White Iomic Small grip...

Sorry if this is a naive question, but what does "small" mean? Does Iomic make a size smaller than standard? I love my Iomic grip but feel that it is a little thicker than the Pingman grip which I think is the perfect size.

LOL..I'm a putter ho...does it matter to me other then it rolls a ball? :D Really though...I love my blade putters. Each of them has a different feel no matter if they all look the same. The BC7 is softer then my Captain Morgan but it's got more heft to it being 355grams. I've been messing around between BC7 which is the heaviest I have, the old 8802's which are on the lighter end of the scale, my Bimini which is right in the middle and my Captain Morgan which is lighter but with a better "click" then my FIT Face BC7. It all depends on what day of the week it is and I'll grab any of them.

Really solid setup! Maan, your wedges look good! :rolleyes:

thank you much. Carlton thanks me WAAAAAY much. :cheesy:

I love your bag(s) and esp all your putters :).

I guess u didn't sign up for the 14 Club Ho Challenge? :cheesy:

Nope...looked at that post and chuckled to my self. Lots of "amatuers" in there. ;) It's bad when golf shops have you on speed dial. I sometimes don't last an hour as I've picked up multiple drivers by just visiting three golf shops in a day. I've also walked out of a shop with five putters at one time on multiple occasions. As it is..just keeping this WITB updated every so often is a beaatch. :D

Reid would probably not last two weeks, probably only one, in the 14 club challenge.

Ahhhh...playing partners the only ones who know how BAD it can be for me. :drinks:

I think you'll like the Adams Peanut 2, Reid. I have the retail Pro Gold in 23* and I LOVE it. I usually don't like hybrids, but it's pretty much impossible to hit a bad shot with it. Mishits lose a little distance, but it's always straight. I haven't hit a hook or a slice with it yet, which is quite an accomplishment for me :D (I hope I didn't just jinx it...)

The new X Forged's are sweet, how are they forgiveness-wise compared to the ONOFF's?

Thanks Michael. So far I'm extremely pleased with the my Adams hybrid. I wish I'd have bought it when it first came out. Just today I knocked one close from 215 into the wind. It just seemed so simple..for once! :D

As for the X Forged. I've got three rounds in so far with them. I've been pretty surprised how forgiving they are. I guess heel to toe..they're almost the same length as my OnOff Forged + but just a lot more skinnier in the sole. Since I grew up playing blades for half my life now, they're not too much of a change though. Give me two more rounds and I'll be able to get a good review completed on them.

...I also added a Mizuno Bettinardi BC7. After seeing this putter at the Sony this year and having Mr Bettinardi tell me about it and it's design...well, I'm a huge blade putter ho and this had to be added to the collection. I purchased a 33"/355gram putter, pulled the shaft, installed a new one at 35" and added my favorite White Iomic Small grip...

Sorry if this is a naive question, but what does "small" mean? Does Iomic make a size smaller than standard? I love my Iomic grip but feel that it is a little thicker than the Pingman grip which I think is the perfect size.

They come in small/medium/large or if you want to get technical....Standard 55g, Midsize 65g and Oversize 75g. I use either small with two wraps of tape or medium/sanded. What I mean by sanded is I get a strip of sandpaper and take down the edges on the grip. If you've ever tried the medium, at least I think the edges that run down the sides are too prominent. With the putter in a vice grip, I wrap a 1/4" strip of sandpaper in a U shape on the grip and evenly sand it down. I don't alter the taper, just the high spots on the grip which would probably get worn down over time. Unfortunately, I never put that much time on one putter as you probably can tell. :D

Thanks for the comments guys. :drinks: I'm glad you've enjoyed the pics.

How do you like the new Bettinardi BC7? I've been lusting after that putter, myself.

LOL..I know my WITB thread is sort of long...from two post above yours.....

LOL..I'm a putter ho...does it matter to me other then it rolls a ball? :D Really though...I love my blade putters. Each of them has a different feel no matter if they all look the same. The BC7 is softer then my Captain Morgan but it's got more heft to it being 355grams. I've been messing around between BC7 which is the heaviest I have, the old 8802's which are on the lighter end of the scale, my Bimini which is right in the middle and my Captain Morgan which is lighter but with a better "click" then my FIT Face BC7. It all depends on what day of the week it is and I'll grab any of them.

thank you for stopping by...:drinks:

PB, did you just drop a straight shaft into the fastback or is that a tour version?

I had a straight shaft installed...unfortunately it's not easy as it sounds.The shaft must be ground to match the base of the inner hosel. To do this..you must bend it gradually and then grind the tip of the shaft. If you don't do this..the shaft will dent the base and not match up evenly causing a large gap. Tour weights were added to lighten my original 33/360gram head.

how much was that napa looking into getting that style putter, and the bimini, and the bettinardi black carbon. heheh sorry like that style putter...what im trying to say is which is the best feel and best price. to get custom.

thanks a bunch

scooter

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Hello Reid, if that is your real name. I saw these pictures floating around the web. If these watermarks are to be believed, it seems that you and this "Carl" guy have been borrowing pictures and passing them off as your own. Not very Christian of you. :nono:

Wait a second. You're the one who's taking the pictures and can be seen in the reflections on the shiny parts of the clubs? Well, that's not right. Can't imagine who would want to pass off stolen pictures as their own--especially if they want to have even the tiniest bit of credibility. What's the moral of this story? I'm not sure, but I'm sure it has something to do with someone sifting through your stool, trying to find out if you're eating enough fiber. :cheesy:

(they really are everywhere! :fool:)

:hi:

Hello Reid, if that is your real name. I saw these pictures floating around the web. If these watermarks are to be believed, it seems that you and this "Carl" guy have been borrowing pictures and passing them off as your own. Not very Christian of you. :nono:

Wait a second. You're the one who's taking the pictures and can be seen in the reflections on the shiny parts of the clubs? Well, that's not right. Can't imagine who would want to pass off stolen pictures as their own--especially if they want to have even the tiniest bit of credibility. What's the moral of this story? I'm not sure, but I'm sure it has something to do with someone sifting through your stool, trying to find out if you're eating enough fiber. :cheesy:

Geo...I hate that f$%^&ing site. Yes, I noticed those pictures quite awhile ago and it really pisses me off. MGS steals pictures from everywhere around the net. I can't believe they actually went as low as peoples WITB's to steal pictures from. When guys ask me about clubs they saw on MGS, I tell them, go to to GolfWRX. It's our picture they stole and we have more information on the clubs. Whats even more dickish is the jackass guys who post links to MGS here at Gwrx when the pics were here first to begin with.

Here are the originals that I took. I..PITBULL808....Not some dumbass in the stupid hat.

CARLSONOFF012.jpg

CARLSONOFF029.jpg

CARLSONOFF014.jpg

onoffforged009.jpg

CARLSONOFF013a.jpg

ONOFFFORGED001-1.jpg

CARLSONOFF020.jpg

CARLSONOFF018.jpg

Sweet current setup Pitbull. How's are you finding that black, Mizuno, blade-putter? I've currently got the Yes! Sophia putter and it's performing great.....but I wouldn't mind adding that putter into my very small collection of putters.

Btw, why are you wearing a dog mask lol?

I've bought four putters since I added that BC-7. But I buy a lot of putters..so that doesn't make the BC-7 bad..just makes me fickle. ;)

Geo...I hate that f$%^&ing site. Yes, I noticed those pictures quite awhile ago and it really pisses me off. MGS steals pictures from everywhere around the net. I can't believe they actually went as low as peoples WITB's to steal pictures from. When guys ask me about clubs they saw on MGS, I tell them, go to to GolfWRX. It's our picture they stole and we have more information on the clubs. Whats even more dickish is the jackass guys who post links to MGS here at Gwrx when the pics were here first to begin with.

Here are the originals that I took. I..PITBULL808....Not some dumbass in the stupid hat.

CARLSONOFF012.jpg

CARLSONOFF029.jpg

CARLSONOFF014.jpg

onoffforged009.jpg

CARLSONOFF013a.jpg

ONOFFFORGED001-1.jpg

CARLSONOFF020.jpg

CARLSONOFF018.jpg

Reid, don't worry about the dumbass in the stupid hat.

Everyone around here knows you are a champion....

...or someone in definite need of ho rehabilitation LOL LOL

Either way you're top of the heap and my favourite WITB.

Keep on keeping on.

Jack

Reid, don't worry about the dumbass in the stupid hat.

Everyone around here knows you are a champion....

...or someone in definite need of ho rehabilitation LOL LOL

Either way you're top of the heap and my favourite WITB.

Keep on keeping on.

Jack

Thanks Jack.. You know they tried to get me to go to rehab and I said Ho Ho Hoooo! ;)

Your bag is absolutely amazing! I'm just jealous :o

How are you finding the motore f1? I'm considering getting one to replace my rombax

Thanks much..don't be jealous. You've got some great stuff too...other then your fairway wood, I've had your whole bag in the past. :yes:

Motore F1? It was good. LOL..I need to update again. I liked it in my 905 but I ended up not liking the 905. After two shaft changes, I realized it was the head I wasn't liking much. I've since changed to a Tourstage 901 w/ Mamiya AxivX shaft. :drinks:

• pitbull808 changed the title to PITBULL808 WITB