2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Mizuno wait time?

Hardline

Sharing my recent story I just post on a separate thread with some edits (posted Wednesday 3/3)

I think Mizuno is kidding themselves and everyone else with these dates. Many of us has been on a string with them and dragged around since launch date. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that the ransomeware caused some delays in shipping, but I’m not convinced they were prepared from a supply chain perspective nor have they done anything to earn my trust as a customer (no proactive communications). We’re only hearing about status updates either other GolfWRXers or if we proactively have to call Mizuno ourselves. Here’s a timeline from my perspective from time I placed my order on 1/7:

1. Leading up to launch date was told end of January my items were in stock and should be no issue with shipping first week of February.

2. Beginning of Feb, was told they are delayed due to ransomeware with no proactive communications made by Mizuno to customers or vendors.

3. Middle of February was told by Mizuno shipping is restored and should get my stuff shipped out following week with all components in stock and no delays.

4. Following week came and was told (again had to call them myself. At this point I’m project managing my own order as a customer) they ran out of Modus shafts and were backordered til Feb.28.

5. Called on Feb. 28, Mizuno said Modus 115 supply was now pushed to March 10.

6. Called Mizuno yesterday March 2 since there was some conflicting information on the threads here. I was told Modus 115 along with 6 and 7 iron heads were backordered until end of March with expected build by mid-April. I asked if I could just change the shaft to Projext X IO 6.0 stock build, they said it would be another 6-8 weeks on those since the Project X IO shafts are now too backordered til end of March .

My thinking here is if they are stating that date for re-stock end of March far out in advance, there’s a lot of room between now and then to push out even further and again and again. Way this is going, by the time end of March comes, likely they say pushed out til April with more components backordered. It’s been a really frustrating experience especially considering my build is only the shaft change vs. stock. Everything else is standard LLL. This has been the most frustrating of experience I’ve ever had for a pre-launch/at launch order.

To somewhat end my story, I ended up going back to my local retailer and hit the standard Project X 6.0 shafts in both 225s and 223s and going back and forth while swapping out at different intervals with the Modus. I was loving the PX IO and saw little difference in performance compared to Modus 115 stiff. Also think the IO shaft just looks cooler. I ended up canceling my order (4-GW) with Mizuno (via my fitter and retailer who are also just as frustrated with them). Ordered from Golf Galaxy 4-PW set and getting the current special 3x the Scorecard points with the purchase which basically gets me a free 225 gap wedge (I’m basically getting 4-GW for $150+ cheaper).  The best part is I already have a shipping/tracking number with ETA of delivery this weekend.

Hopefully my clubs get here as scheduled and clubs are as expected. I’ll keep everyone posted. Just wanted to share in case those with my similar circumstances and build want to pursue the GG or DSG option.

19 hours ago, HarborMike said:

Sharing my recent story I just post on a separate thread with some edits (posted Wednesday 3/3)

I think Mizuno is kidding themselves and everyone else with these dates. Many of us has been on a string with them and dragged around since launch date. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that the ransomeware caused some delays in shipping, but I’m not convinced they were prepared from a supply chain perspective nor have they done anything to earn my trust as a customer (no proactive communications). We’re only hearing about status updates either other GolfWRXers or if we proactively have to call Mizuno ourselves. Here’s a timeline from my perspective from time I placed my order on 1/7:

1. Leading up to launch date was told end of January my items were in stock and should be no issue with shipping first week of February.

2. Beginning of Feb, was told they are delayed due to ransomeware with no proactive communications made by Mizuno to customers or vendors.

3. Middle of February was told by Mizuno shipping is restored and should get my stuff shipped out following week with all components in stock and no delays.

4. Following week came and was told (again had to call them myself. At this point I’m project managing my own order as a customer) they ran out of Modus shafts and were backordered til Feb.28.

5. Called on Feb. 28, Mizuno said Modus 115 supply was now pushed to March 10.

6. Called Mizuno yesterday March 2 since there was some conflicting information on the threads here. I was told Modus 115 along with 6 and 7 iron heads were backordered until end of March with expected build by mid-April. I asked if I could just change the shaft to Projext X IO 6.0 stock build, they said it would be another 6-8 weeks on those since the Project X IO shafts are now too backordered til end of March .

My thinking here is if they are stating that date for re-stock end of March far out in advance, there’s a lot of room between now and then to push out even further and again and again. Way this is going, by the time end of March comes, likely they say pushed out til April with more components backordered. It’s been a really frustrating experience especially considering my build is only the shaft change vs. stock. Everything else is standard LLL. This has been the most frustrating of experience I’ve ever had for a pre-launch/at launch order.

To somewhat end my story, I ended up going back to my local retailer and hit the standard Project X 6.0 shafts in both 225s and 223s and going back and forth while swapping out at different intervals with the Modus. I was loving the PX IO and saw little difference in performance compared to Modus 115 stiff. Also think the IO shaft just looks cooler. I ended up canceling my order (4-GW) with Mizuno (via my fitter and retailer who are also just as frustrated with them). Ordered from Golf Galaxy 4-PW set and getting the current special 3x the Scorecard points with the purchase which basically gets me a free 225 gap wedge (I’m basically getting 4-GW for $150+ cheaper).  The best part is I already have a shipping/tracking number with ETA of delivery this weekend.

Hopefully my clubs get here as scheduled and clubs are as expected. I’ll keep everyone posted. Just wanted to share in case those with my similar circumstances and build want to pursue the GG or DSG option.

Posted this from separate thread with minor edits:

Just a quick update from previous comment/post; I ordered my clubs from DSG/GG Wednesday evening, my clubs shipped out the next day, and arrived Friday early afternoon. Was a bit worried at first when they arrived in a Taylormade box. When I saw that, quickly and panicky tore into the box, but relieved they got my order correct. Inspected everything closely everything looks in order and mint condition. Going to take these to local fitter to get further inspections (e.g. lie, loft, length, swing weight) and taking them out for a spin tomorrow. Overall, really pleased with DSG/GG on the quick turnaround and service which is by far more than I can say about Mizuno (mis-management, supply chain planning, lack of transparency and communication to their customers) with exception of their amazing products and customer support reps I asked to on a weekly basis (really feel for them as they’re doing the best they can and I’m sure they are getting the blunt of angry customers right now). Clubs are gorgeous and quality is amazing. Just glad this miserable experience of waiting and dealing with constant pushbacks is over. Good luck to everyone else you are waiting on there clubs, hopefully you’ll get them sooner rather than later! 

This is the email I got from Maple Hill golf on 3/2/22 regarding the order for my 921F 4-5/921T 6-W with Pro Modus 105s.  So according to this email  on 3/2/22 Mizuno was working on orders that were placed on 1/18/22.

"As you know, Mizuno had a cyber attack back in early February that shut their system down for 2.5 weeks. As of last Friday, their system is back up and running! The update we got today from them is that they are working on orders placed 1/18. Your order was placed 1/31 so unfortunately, my best guess is, you still have 3ish weeks until it ships. Sorry for the delay"

SiM 2 10.5* GD Tour iZ 6s

TSR2 15* Tensei Blue

TSR2 18* Hybrid Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Mizuno JPX 923F 4-P DG 105

Titleist SM9 Black 50, 54 & 58

TM Spider Hydro Blast slant neck

Titleist AVX Ball

Ordered a set of 223's from my club on 3/3, and was quoted 6 weeks.  That seems to be the generic, over the counter quote all customers are given, but aside from  the 6 iron head, I was told there were no component backorders.  I ordered 4-PW with a T22 Copper 51.09, all with X100 soft stepped, and then a 55 and 59 in the copper with the stock S400.  After waiting 6 months on a set of Titleist combos, I got tired of waiting and picked up a set of ZX-7 irons with Modus 120X shafts, which are really good, albeit a little light.  The 223 with X100 gave me better results during the fitting, so with the season starting here, I hope that timeframe is a worst case scenario.  Wishful thinking, I know.

PING G430 LST 9*, Ventus Black TR 7X
PING G425 14.5*, Ventus Blue 8X
PING iCrossover 18*, Ping Tour 85X
PING i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 60
Ping PLD

On 3/4/2022 at 12:52 PM, absoludicrous said:

Same here.

The other thread I linked to above for the MP’s has an image with the current items backordered.

My 3-4 week order became 4-6, and is now 8+ weeks MAYBE. What a disappointing experience it’s been so far. 

I know this will depend on the exact order, but I wanted to post an update. I was told the out of stock heads were expected to arrive on 3/18, but possibly sooner. I also had to factor assembly and shipping time to Discount Dan’s and then to me. 

I got a notification on Friday from DD that they should arrive on Tuesday. They arrived today. There is hope, but again it depends on what your orders are waiting for. Good luck to the rest of you waiting. In total with the ransomware incident, my order went from 3-4 weeks to 7 1/2. Not great, but understandable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My order from 1/28 still hasn't shipped. I spoke with them a week ago and all components were good and they thought it would ship this week but they said they really don't know. I'm a former supply chain guy so I understand the situation, but it's still frustrating to not get a date estimate as a customer.

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

Got an update today that orders from the week of 1/31/22 are having components pulled and will be in production this week.  Hopefully mine will ship out this week or early next week.

• Like 1

SiM 2 10.5* GD Tour iZ 6s

TSR2 15* Tensei Blue

TSR2 18* Hybrid Hzrdus Black Gen 4

Mizuno JPX 923F 4-P DG 105

Titleist SM9 Black 50, 54 & 58

TM Spider Hydro Blast slant neck

Titleist AVX Ball

On 3/14/2022 at 4:35 PM, Whit1969 said:

Got an update today that orders from the week of 1/31/22 are having components pulled and will be in production this week.  Hopefully mine will ship out this week or early next week.

I hope so. I ordered 1/28 but haven't heard anything. I talked to Golf Galaxy today and they said 3/23 now, but I think they just threw a date out there because Mizuno told me last week it should ship this week.

on 1/16/22 i ordered my 223's. 1/19/22 i received a call nippon shafts on back ordered. told them no problem, throw on some s300's.

fast forward today..

3/16/22 - called mizuno for update. they dropped the ball and never added my order to the shaft change list. clubs would have been sent long time ago. "supposedly" receiving my order in the next week and a half now

Edited by SouthpawRob

1 hour ago, SouthpawRob said:

on 1/16/22 i ordered my 223's. 1/19/22 i received a call nippon shafts on back ordered. told them no problem, throw on some s300's.

fast forward today..

3/16/22 - called mizuno for update. they dropped the ball and never added my order to the shaft change list. clubs would have been sent long time ago. "supposedly" receiving my order in the next week and a half now

Damn sounds like a cluster-F over there (yes, I'm awaiting 225's ordered 2/6)....you'd think they'd have this down by now

Wedges arrived this weekend after ordering 1/28. The lead time wasn't crazy considering all that's happened, but it was a tough wait haha.

41 minutes ago, rmiller_ny said:

If I may ask:  When were they ordered? Just to see if I (and others) can get a gauge on where they are as far as ordered/shipped

"on 1/16/22 i ordered my 223's. 1/19/22 i received a call nippon shafts on back ordered. told them no problem, throw on some s300's.

fast forward today..

3/16/22 - called mizuno for update. they dropped the ball and never added my order to the shaft change list. clubs would have been sent long time ago. "supposedly" receiving my order in the next week and a half now"

Edited Saturday at 03:40 PM by SouthpawRob

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lord Viking said:

"on 1/16/22 i ordered my 223's. 1/19/22 i received a call nippon shafts on back ordered. told them no problem, throw on some s300's.

fast forward today..

3/16/22 - called mizuno for update. they dropped the ball and never added my order to the shaft change list. clubs would have been sent long time ago. "supposedly" receiving my order in the next week and a half now"

Edited Saturday at 03:40 PM by SouthpawRob

Thank you, Sir!

Just got off the phone with TGW to inquire on my 225 Pro order (5-GW) irons w/one of their stock shaft offerings (Recoil shafts). I placed the order 2/6. 

I was told right now, the estimated ship date was 4/16 (!!!)

...I asked what the heck happened to the estimated "6 weeks until they ship" date I was given when I ordered them? 

They sent an inquiry over to Mizuno to see if there are any updates, what might be the hold up...any updated ship date, etc...They just got back to me with: 

"We wanted to update you that recently Mizuno experienced a ransomware attack which made it impossible for them to process orders for a few weeks. Your order was processed 2/23 and the estimated shipping date is still within the 6 weeks lead time. We have reached out to see if there are any components causing further delay and once we get a reply from them we will follow up with you. In the meantime if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. "

...still no updated ship date, dang it!

49 minutes ago, johnnybogey said:

Could use some help fellas. Order arrived today from DD’s. 

they were supposed to be soft stepped 1x but can’t tell from looking at the custom order slip unless I’m missing it. 

any way to tell?

0B8C3B0B-2E31-461F-94A6-0F24E21416AA.jpeg

Don’t know but what is “shaft step pattern”?  That says standard. 

32 minutes ago, rmiller_ny said:

Just got off the phone with TGW to inquire on my 225 Pro order (5-GW) irons w/one of their stock shaft offerings (Recoil shafts). I placed the order 2/6. 

I was told right now, the estimated ship date was 4/16 (!!!)

...I asked what the heck happened to the estimated "6 weeks until they ship" date I was given when I ordered them? 

They sent an inquiry over to Mizuno to see if there are any updates, what might be the hold up...any updated ship date, etc...They just got back to me with: 

"We wanted to update you that recently Mizuno experienced a ransomware attack which made it impossible for them to process orders for a few weeks. Your order was processed 2/23 and the estimated shipping date is still within the 6 weeks lead time. We have reached out to see if there are any components causing further delay and once we get a reply from them we will follow up with you. In the meantime if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. "

...still no updated ship date, dang it!

I understand the attack!!  But now they should have people working overtime to catch up-shouldn’t be difficult to catch up on a couple weeks of orders!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, littled1212 said:

I understand the attack!!  But now they should have people working overtime to catch up-shouldn’t be difficult to catch up on a couple weeks of orders!!

Right? Come on people...jeez, a company like that doesn't have nightly backups/redundancy going on? For your work orders....the thing that keeps you in business?! Sheesh

Give me my damn sticks!!