2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Considering Returning the LAB Golf Mezz Putter? Thoughts?

flubberlange

On 6/21/2022 at 8:04 AM, Sankacoffee said:

I'm in a similar boat right now, but am beyond the return window. The technology makes perfect sense to me, and my mid range putting is very good right now. I've had the putter for 3-4 months now and I still have no feel on shorts putts and it hasn't improved. I've done all the drills and there is just something that doesn't feel right in that range. I compared it to my old Newport the other day, and the mezz is better 15 feet and longer but the Newport is way better for me within 15 ft. 

Hit me up. I can help.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:11 AM, flubberlange said:

Hi All,

I recently ordered a Mezz putter from LAB Golf. The science behind it seems sound to my non-science mind.

Delivery was pretty quick - about 2 weeks from order date to delivery. Would have been sooner if UPS didn't screw up.

My first thoughts on the putter was that it was really light. I like to feel a heavy putter head on the end of the shaft. My top 2 gamers prior to the Mezz are the Cameron X 6TR, and the Odyssey 11 Tour Lined CS. I removed both of the stock grips on those putters and replaced them with Ping Swingman grips. The result was a heavier feeling head. My preferences are contrary to regular advice out there. I play on quick greens (10-12) but enjoy the heavier head as it calms my hands down a bit on the backswing.

So, I reached out to LAB with my concern originally looking for them to add more weight. I took their advice and played 3 rounds with it and they'd add more weight if I wanted. I also practiced for a few hours trying to get used to the new feel and the science behind the putter.

Here are my take aways - first, I can't feel the head going back which is a bit unnerving to me. I took the advice I found in this forum and tried a lighter grip with no luck. Second, I noticed I was either pushing or pulling putts. My aim is pretty decent as I was aiming the Mezz beautifully (verified with a laser training device) so it was down to my stroke. 

I THINK this is what's happening (I'd love you all to confirm if I'm right/wrong) - the Mezz is awesome if you are literally a straight back straight through putter (the putter face stays pointing at the target for the duration of back and through swings. I'm not, as I have some arc. So what I'm feeling is if I take the putter in too quickly on the backswing, the putter won't release causing the putter to come back to square. Instead, the head will travel in to out resulting in a push. The reverse is also true - my tendency is also to start the putter outside on the backswing (heavier putters "tame" this tendency), the Mezz won't resist that "new direction" and the result will be a pull. 

I added about 9" of lead tape to the bottom of the putter (seems like a lot to me). I can feel the head now but I'm not sure the pull/push issues I described will go away.

Jake at LAB offered to put in more weight or I can return it for a refund minus $150 restocking fee (It was a custom order).

Anyways, I am interested in hearing what other's think - return it? Keep it with some sort of change?

Thanks!

Definitely let us add the weight as the lead tape (and new grip) have thrown the balance for sure

• Like 1

I've backed away from the ledge. I'm going to keep the Mezz. I've added a boat load of lead tape to the bottom and I can now feel the putter head. Speed control has gotten a bit better. I have a tendency to overdue things so I suspect I may have added to much lead tape. LOL. Once I'm set on the amount of lead tape, I'll send it back to LAB Golf for a weight adjustment.

What helped also was that I'm now taking my thumbs off the grip - kinda hovering the thumbs over the grip with a super light grip. The issue now is that since I hover the putter head before I pull the trigger and I've added the hovering thumbs, the grip feels slippery - like the putter is slipping out of my hands. I'd love a super tacky grip (like a fresh Pingman putter grip) but I might be asking for too much...any suggestions? 

My problem has been and still is the 10-20 foot putts with the MEZZ.  I am doing well with lag putting and short putting, they according to Arccos improved.  My 10-20 has dropped, and my birdie numbers per round started dropping because that is the distance I tend to have a lot opportunities for birdie.

I am not done with the MEZZ and I am not selling it, but I really need to figure out this issue.

Right now I am using a 5k Triple wide and my short putting is .01 worse, Lag putting is 0.2 worse.  However my 10-20 has improved by .6.  So my putting is now overall better, and considering I play a lot of match play and stableford with friends making more birdies is better, so until I get that figured out the MEZZ will stay sidelined.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4-iron Srixon ZX4 - Ventus Axiom 105 X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

On 6/24/2022 at 2:40 PM, labgolf said:

Definitely let us add the weight as the lead tape (and new grip) have thrown the balance for sure

I’m kind of shocked at all here talking about the mezz being light feeling. 

i have a proto with a LA golf shaft that feels very balanced if not a touch heavy. Press 1.5 grip.  

Edited by bladehunter

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

21 hours ago, driveandputtmachine said:

My problem has been and still is the 10-20 foot putts with the MEZZ.  I am doing well with lag putting and short putting, they according to Arccos improved.  My 10-20 has dropped, and my birdie numbers per round started dropping because that is the distance I tend to have a lot opportunities for birdie.

I am not done with the MEZZ and I am not selling it, but I really need to figure out this issue.

Right now I am using a 5k Triple wide and my short putting is .01 worse, Lag putting is 0.2 worse.  However my 10-20 has improved by .6.  So my putting is now overall better, and considering I play a lot of match play and stableford with friends making more birdies is better, so until I get that figured out the MEZZ will stay sidelined.

That's where I am with it, except mine is probably 10-15 feet and shorter having issues. I have gone back to the Newport recently and don't have the stats, but am significantly improved in that range. The closer I get with the Mezz, the more uncomfortable I am. That frustrates me because it was a strength previously. There also aren't a lot of huge greens out here, so I'm not sure how much improved lag putting really helps at this point.

Driver: TSi3 8* Tour Green 75 TX

4 wood: Callaway Apex UW 17* Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Irons: 4-PW 716 AP2 X100
Wedges: Mizuno T22 Copper 51, 56, 61 TI S400
Putter: Odyssey Jailbird 380 MH

27 minutes ago, Sankacoffee said:

That's where I am with it, except mine is probably 10-15 feet and shorter having issues. I have gone back to the Newport recently and don't have the stats, but am significantly improved in that range. The closer I get with the Mezz, the more uncomfortable I am. That frustrates me because it was a strength previously. There also aren't a lot of huge greens out here, so I'm not sure how much improved lag putting really helps at this point.

The short putting would really be a kicker, I mean everything I read is about how much better they are supposed to be for short putts.  I will say that using the MEZZ has made me a better short putter with my current gamer, so that is good, because before the MEZZ my short putting really stunk.   For the triple wide to only be .01 worse on short putts(with 10 rounds) and 20 with the MEZZ is a god send, because previously the MEZZ was better by almost a stroke per round more than my last putter on short putts.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4-iron Srixon ZX4 - Ventus Axiom 105 X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Recoil 110 F5
  • GW - Ping Glide 4.0s 50* - Recoil 110 F5 | Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - LAB DF3 - Accra White | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

On 6/24/2022 at 5:37 AM, Sankacoffee said:

I have been toying around with my old Newport recently and one thing I noticed is that I aim it a lot better than the Mezz. I think that explains some of the short putting issues I have with it, but it still feels awkward within 15 feet regardless. Anyone have alignment issues with the Mezz?

I was having a similar issue with alignment, it wasn't automatic at first as I expected.  I added 2 alignment lines and haven't looked back.  Not sure how or why it works, but my mind is super calm over short putts now.  I know I'm aiming exactly where I want to start the putt, yes, I still miss a few, it happens.  What I'm not doing any longer is guessing or wondering what happened or getting upset.  The ball almost always starts on the intended line which is huge for confidence, if it doesn't...  Next hole.  The feedback is so consistent it allows me to make the proper adjustment.   

MEZZ DTL1.jpg

MEZZ OTB.jpg

• Like 3

Driver:  Callaway Epic 9° Fujikura Speeder 665 X

Hybrid:  Callaway Alpha 815  17° Fujikura Speeder 865 X

Hybrid:  Titleist 910H 22° Diamana Ahina 90 S

Irons:  MP 223 4-PW DG 120 X100

Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 50° 54° 58°

Putter:  LAB Mezz.1 Accra white 35" 67°

Ball:  Prov1

On 6/24/2022 at 11:59 AM, flubberlange said:

I've backed away from the ledge. I'm going to keep the Mezz. I've added a boat load of lead tape to the bottom and I can now feel the putter head. Speed control has gotten a bit better. I have a tendency to overdue things so I suspect I may have added to much lead tape. LOL. Once I'm set on the amount of lead tape, I'll send it back to LAB Golf for a weight adjustment.

What helped also was that I'm now taking my thumbs off the grip - kinda hovering the thumbs over the grip with a super light grip. The issue now is that since I hover the putter head before I pull the trigger and I've added the hovering thumbs, the grip feels slippery - like the putter is slipping out of my hands. I'd love a super tacky grip (like a fresh Pingman putter grip) but I might be asking for too much...any suggestions? 

they offer different grip options. But the grip and weight adjustments should be done in-house so they can balance the head out… otherwise it might defeat the purpose of the tech

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 10:51 AM, JRB277 said:

I was having a similar issue with alignment, it wasn't automatic at first as I expected.  I added 2 alignment lines and haven't looked back.  Not sure how or why it works, but my mind is super calm over short putts now.  I know I'm aiming exactly where I want to start the putt, yes, I still miss a few, it happens.  What I'm not doing any longer is guessing or wondering what happened or getting upset.  The ball almost always starts on the intended line which is huge for confidence, if it doesn't...  Next hole.  The feedback is so consistent it allows me to make the proper adjustment.   

MEZZ DTL1.jpg

MEZZ OTB.jpg

How'd you add the two alignment lines? Very interested to do this on mine. 

Cobra Aerojet PTC 10.5* TPT Power Driver 16HI 45"

Cobra Darkspeed X 16.5* LIN-Q M40X White 7F4

Callaway Apex 21 19* UST Recoil Dart 75 F4

Cobra Forged Tec X Black KBS Tour Lite S

Cobra Snakebite Black 48v/ 54v/ 60w KBS Hi-Rev Wedge

LAB Golf DF3 CB 37.5/72

seems like if you alter that putter in any way it negates the reason to get that particular putter? it comes perfectly balanced which is the whole selling point of the putter. i would expect that once you alter it, it becomes just like a traditional putter(manipulation of face to square at impact). My experience with the DF 2.1 is that you have to putt with it for an hour or so on practice green and then a couple rounds to get used to the difference. 

My experience: i got the DF model because its the original concept with all the technology. The putter for me squares pretty automatically at address which was not part of the sales pitch but an added bonus. if i keep soft hands it starts the ball on the intended line every time. On good greens its literally pretty automatic from 10 feet in if i have the read right. I'm also making about 1 more 20-30 footer per round. worth every penny and the unusual look of the head doesnt bother me. actually its a bonus as i know alot of golfers cant get their mind around the appearance nor will they spend the modest amount of time to adapt to the putter so itll remain my advantage.

7 hours ago, bbanksp said:

seems like if you alter that putter in any way it negates the reason to get that particular putter? it comes perfectly balanced which is the whole selling point of the putter. i would expect that once you alter it, it becomes just like a traditional putter(manipulation of face to square at impact). My experience with the DF 2.1 is that you have to putt with it for an hour or so on practice green and then a couple rounds to get used to the difference. 

My experience: i got the DF model because its the original concept with all the technology. The putter for me squares pretty automatically at address which was not part of the sales pitch but an added bonus. if i keep soft hands it starts the ball on the intended line every time. On good greens its literally pretty automatic from 10 feet in if i have the read right. I'm also making about 1 more 20-30 footer per round. worth every penny and the unusual look of the head doesnt bother me. actually its a bonus as i know alot of golfers cant get their mind around the appearance nor will they spend the modest amount of time to adapt to the putter so itll remain my advantage.

The only alterations we can do is really just add lead tape. But, if you go back on prior posts on this thread, LABGolf do not recommend using lead tape to add weight to the head. I think we get that but for the purposes of determining what head weight is best is through trial and error and that.... you guessed it: lead tape.

Once we got the head feeling right for our stroke, best to send it back to LABGolf in Eugene, Oregon. They will then work their best to match the lead tape swing weight into proper Lie Angle Balance weighting.

That's exactly what I have done. As a note, LABGolf does charge $100 for the rebalancing to the specified weight and return shipping.

Also, interesting to note (and I commented on this in the GolfWRX Mezz Testing thread), LABGolf now offers custom head weights of:

Standard

Heavy

Light

when you go to their Custom order section.

As a long time owner of DF, since 2017, the DF already comes out pretty heavy. My Df, right now, is at F1 swing weight with the OG Stability shaft. My Mezz is D9 stock so I am pushing it to E4 for more feel (as my lead tape based testing shows).

I think what I and other Mezz testers that came from a DF gamer, the DF is still very relevant, accurate and deadly putter

Jus sayin'

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 2 weeks later...

@flubberlange funny you updated your thread just in time... I also had my Mezz re-weighted by Jake@LAB and back this week. Definitely better than the temporary lead tape solution that you & I toyed with

It's better feel of the head now.

Now my next project is a CUSTOM headcover for my Mezz like my DF. You know it's serious keeper when I plonk money down on a custom, like a bad*ss tattoo that can't be removed..🤣

Thanks for your update, was wondering what happened...happy 4 u 🍻

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 1

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts

1 hour ago, SwingBlues said:

@flubberlange funny you updated your thread just in time... I also had my Mezz re-weighted by Jake@LAB and back this week. Definitely better than the temporary lead tape solution that you & I toyed with

It's better feel of the head now.

Now my next project is a CUSTOM headcover for my Mezz like my DF. You know it's serious keeper when I plonk money down on a custom, like a bad*ss tattoo that can't be removed..🤣

Thanks for your update, was wondering what happened...happy 4 u 🍻

Keep me posted on the head cover. I find the brown leather one I got through LAB matches my MacKenzie bag well but it has a tendency to come off.

I wonder if the Mezz XL will be a unicorn putter. I assume it's heavier by default, size in between the DF and original Mezz, all things considered, it could be pretty darn good. I haven't seen a single review, but hope some start popping up soon. My real hope is one of you spends your money first and performs a LAB Golf shootout before I plunk down mine cash 🙂 .  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, labgolf said:

In my pre-LAB life, I would have agreed with the "don't force comfort" sentiment here but we are a bit of a different animal. There are really only a couple reason that anyone would struggle with a self squaring putter and we can fix all of the quite easily. Regarding the weight, by adding lead tape, the putter is no longer balanced. Hit us up and we can add as much weight as you need and re-balance but please contact me first so I can confirm that the lack of weight is what is throwing you off.

So I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but I've been curious about these putters and have some questions.  Is there any data to show how much this helps a stroke?  I mean I understand your hands can ruin anything.  That said, if you have some arc in your stroke, it would seem how straight you hit the putt is dependent on ball position.  I don't understand how the putt would be hit straight if you had it too far forward or too far back.  Even a square putter face would still result in the ball going off line.  But if your set up is the same and ball position is perfect, is there data showing the difference between lie angle balance and traditonal putters?

If it does help I'd give it a try.  

Titleist TSR2

Sim Max 3W

Titleist U505 2-iron

T200 (4-5)

T150 (6-P)

Vokey SM9 (5012F, 5614F, 608M)

Odyssey AI-One double wide DB

13 hours ago, JSSPRADLIN said:

So I don't want to hi-jack the thread, but I've been curious about these putters and have some questions.  Is there any data to show how much this helps a stroke?  I mean I understand your hands can ruin anything.  That said, if you have some arc in your stroke, it would seem how straight you hit the putt is dependent on ball position.  I don't understand how the putt would be hit straight if you had it too far forward or too far back.  Even a square putter face would still result in the ball going off line.  But if your set up is the same and ball position is perfect, is there data showing the difference between lie angle balance and traditonal putters?

If it does help I'd give it a try.  

While there is none for these newer Mezz putters, I'll direct you to the ones done on the DIrected Force putters that has the same technological benefits as in the current Mezz, Mezz Max and B2 LAB putters...

Here is an old YouTube, lol 2016 is "old" but this guy did measure the Lie Angle Balance putter from Directed Force (pre LABGolf) using SAM Lab and compared to a Scotty face balance and Betti.

Here is one from the TXG boys - again, it's Directed Force putter but Lie Angle Balance is relevant

Hope this helps from an informational POV

For me, I've putted LAB putters since 2017 and as I said, I have a staff bag full of putters from vintage blade, 8802s....big, fat, max MOI CURE putters and extremely "transformable" MACHINE blade/mallet putters. None of them can match the benefits of LAB which I have gamed ever since. My Mezz is a more compact representation of the DF putter and I could easily live with either putters -but- life is more FUN when you have 2.... like do I take the Lamborgini or the Ferrari today?

Love LABGolf

🤣

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a LAB DF 2.1 Broomstick from a friend and reading every thread I can get my hands on. So much good info in here. One round with it and was like a magic in my hands. 

I bet the Mezz XL is money too. Might have to see if any PGA SS around Phoenix have them in stock. Love to try the Mezz, but so far the DF is opened a whole new world of successful putting. 

• Like 1

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

On 8/31/2022 at 2:36 PM, OspreyCI said:

Just got a LAB DF 2.1 Broomstick from a friend and reading every thread I can get my hands on. So much good info in here. One round with it and was like a magic in my hands. 

I bet the Mezz XL is money too. Might have to see if any PGA SS around Phoenix have them in stock. Love to try the Mezz, but so far the DF is opened a whole new world of successful putting. 

Don't be afraid to use the one or 2 ball drill sitting on the back in the "groove" to smoothen out your backstroke and improve the transition. You'll be surprised how this drill will reveal how jerky our back swing and transition can be. This is only for the DF... you're SOL with the Mezz 😂

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

Don't be afraid to use the one or 2 ball drill sitting on the back in the "groove" to smoothen out your backstroke and improve the transition. You'll be surprised how this drill will reveal how jerky our back swing and transition can be. This is only for the DF... you're SOL with the Mezz 😂

Been doing the one ball drill all week with it. Just spent an hour this morning at the practice green. Wow, holed my first 4 balls from 12 feet. This broomstick just fits like I have used it for years. Just take a light grip and point the end of the shaft to hole in the thru stroke. I bet the Mezz and the DF are just equally good. 

Why don’t more people try this concept of lie angle balance. Just works! 

• Like 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

14 minutes ago, OspreyCI said:

Been doing the one ball drill all week with it. Just spent an hour this morning at the practice green. Wow, holed my first 4 balls from 12 feet. This broomstick just fits like I have used it for years. Just take a light grip and point the end of the shaft to hole in the thru stroke. I bet the Mezz and the DF are just equally good. 

Why don’t more people try this concept of lie angle balance. Just works! 

👍👍👍

I know, I saw this in 2017 when I bought my DF from Bill Presse IV the original designer of Lie Angle Balance (the MAN himself) and the great benefits of Lie Angle Balance but you have to think back then, 2017 was just the Directed Force Reno putter.

90% of the folks would look at it and walk away just because of the looks. Or they cannot stand the odd shaped tail, big head and what's that funny leaning shaft in the middle of the putter. I had comments that it's a branding iron etc but damn, they all shut their fat lips when the ball curls into the hole

The Blade did not come along till later and finally, finally, a super putter that looks "normal" - Mezz & Mezz Max. Hopefully that should spur more golfers onto Lie Angle Balance and its benefit. This was not designed by Bill but Sam and another guy (right @labgolf?)... now I get comment "WOW, it's super, super stealth looking" especially from all the former military guys that I play with.

I have both putters and right now I am gaming my Mezz - DUDE, it's been on 🔥🔥🔥 since I have LABGolf add weight to the head. Made my first Eagle 3 weeks ago with a 20 foot curler on a Par 5 I have never Eagled before.

Stick with it. But you have to give up the putter hoeing, perhaps redirect the $$$ focus on the drive side... 😂

Edited by SwingBlues
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SwingBlues said:

👍👍👍

I know, I saw this in 2017 when I bought my DF from Bill Presse IV the original designer of Lie Angle Balance (the MAN himself) and the great benefits of Lie Angle Balance but you have to think back then, 2017 was just the Directed Force Reno putter.

90% of the folks would look at it and walk away just because of the looks. Or they cannot stand the odd shaped tail, big head and what's that funny leaning shaft in the middle of the putter. I had comments that it's a branding iron etc but damn, they all shut their fat lips when the ball curls into the hole

The Blade did not come along till later and finally, finally, a super putter that looks "normal" - Mezz & Mezz Max. Hopefully that should spur more golfers onto Lie Angle Balance and its benefit. This was not designed by Bill but Sam and another guy (right @labgolf?)... now I get comment "WOW, it's super, super stealth looking" especially from all the former military guys that I play with.

I have both putters and right now I am gaming my Mezz - DUDE, it's been on 🔥🔥🔥 since I have LABGolf add weight to the head. Made my first Eagle 3 weeks ago with a 20 foot curler on a Par 5 I have never Eagled before.

Stick with it. But you have to give up the putter hoeing, perhaps redirect the $$$ focus on the drive side... 😂

Great stuff man. I have read almost all your posts on her about LAB and gets me more fired up for this putter. My first round with the DF my partners (with skins on the line) were excited to see me hole so many putts, but we’re pissed too. My buddy might Jack the price to sell this to me for about $2k. Lol. 

One of our PGA SS’s here has a Mezz in stock so I may stop by and try it for fun. But, the broomstick is what I will stick with no matter what. Just love it. Long time belly putter here. 

I am driving the ball better than I have in many years…. Now I can make some putts! These boys are gonna pay up! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• 1 year later...

Hi Legends, 

Quick question for the guys that have used led tape to add a bit of weight. 

Iv got a Mezz 1 Max. I love it but just feel there is something missing and the thought came to mind that I'm not feeling the head in the back swing. I understand that is part of it but wanted to toy with adding a bit of weight to it. 

Where did you guys put the tape on the sole? All over or just where the weights are? 

If I feel it makes a difference I was going to order a Mezz 1 in the heavier weight as I prefer the smaller head.