The Great Callaway Preowned Deals Thread

1 hour ago, kdog25 said:

Anyone know if they ever have any putters with the tour issue/wh inserts?  Or a secret stash that Cole can sell?

Unfortunately they dont mark putters as tour certified (aka tour issue) or not. Anything from the tour would just get mixed in with the regular models unless it's a Toulon Garage putter, then it would have it's own category but still within a standard model. If it had a face insert installed it would be in the 'notes' on the items number - but I highly doubt there's any 1-off toulon models with face inserts in inventory. If you can nail down an exact model that exclusively carried the face you want with no other variation, than Cole could try and find it in inventory.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

I know it's been mentioned on here before, but if you're looking for something in particular and don't see it on the site, give them a call.  I've been looking for a specific fairway wood for a little while and it could never find one on the site.  I gave them a call and they had it, gave me the discount (currently 23% off) and put the order through.  Really easy and great service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k_rock5 said:

I know it's been mentioned on here before, but if you're looking for something in particular and don't see it on the site, give them a call.  I've been looking for a specific fairway wood for a little while and it could never find one on the site.  I gave them a call and they had it, gave me the discount (currently 23% off) and put the order through.  Really easy and great service.

What was it

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Mavrik 4 wood with a Ventus Red Velocore shaft reg flex

$150 and you can probably still get 20% off from last week before new years if you call customer service and free shipping - so thats like $120 for it

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/fairway-woods/8363798.html

This may have already been discussed - if so my apologies, I didn't read the entire thread.  But, just a heads-up for anyone submitting a trade in, Callaway Golf Preowned are taking about 30 business days to issue the trade refunds.  I sent in a trade which was received by them on November 28 and have still not received my refund.  I sent an email yesterday asking for an update and they said it will be another 5 - 7 business days from now until I can expect to see my refund.  Apparently, they have had an unsually high volume of trade-ins which is causing the delay.

No big deal.  But, just wanted to provide a heads-up to anyone who has traded or is thinking about trading.

For what it's worth, I had some time during a meeting that I could browse...and since I couldn't call Cole, I took a shot at chatting with the CPO chat agent online. 

I asked if they had any H9 or H8 hosel garage putters. Whoever was on the other end was very helpful and confirmed that none with those hosels are currently available.

H9 Atlanta would be perfect for me - but Vegas/Chicago H8/H9 would also work.  If anyone knows of any let me know! 😄

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

23 minutes ago, Route 66 said:

This may have already been discussed - if so my apologies, I didn't read the entire thread.  But, just a heads-up for anyone submitting a trade in, Callaway Golf Preowned are taking about 30 business days to issue the trade refunds.  I sent in a trade which was received by them on November 28 and have still not received my refund.  I sent an email yesterday asking for an update and they said it will be another 5 - 7 business days from now until I can expect to see my refund.  Apparently, they have had an unsually high volume of trade-ins which is causing the delay.

No big deal.  But, just wanted to provide a heads-up to anyone who has traded or is thinking about trading.

That always happens this time of year but I saw last week it was up to 45-50 days for trades sent around Christmas. That’s a new one from the usual 30 days around the holidays. I have a trade from the same week as you pending and they said to call by next week and they’ll process it regardless.

3 minutes ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

For what it's worth, I had some time during a meeting that I could browse...and since I couldn't call Cole, I took a shot at chatting with the CPO chat agent online. 

I asked if they had any H9 or H8 hosel garage putters. Whoever was on the other end was very helpful and confirmed that none with those hosels are currently available.

H9 Atlanta would be perfect for me - but Vegas/Chicago H8/H9 would also work.  If anyone knows of any let me know! 😄

They didn’t check. Call Cole when you can.

…in order to search the neck type and you only specifying “garage putters” they would have had to click every single listing and check each model one by one which is like 35 entries in their database right now. I don’t think they did that, but Cole would if you specify Atlanta’s from any model year 2018-22

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

They didn’t check. Call Cole when you can.

…in order to search the neck type and you only specifying “garage putters” they would have had to click every single listing and check each model one by one which is like 35 entries in their database right now. I don’t think they did that, but Cole would if you specify Atlanta’s from any model year 2018-22

It did take a few minutes to come back with an answer, but I'll call Cole when I get a chance to confirm.  Thanks!

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

22 hours ago, D0ch0l1d4y said:

It did take a few minutes to come back with an answer, but I'll call Cole when I get a chance to confirm.  Thanks!

Is there a particular way to get to "Chat", I am not seeing anything.  

Maybe it is only available at certain times when there are CSR's available?

================================

Callaway Paradym 10.5 w/ Speeder Evo III 661 TX

Callaway Mavrik Max TC 15* (adjustable) w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70tx

Titleist TSi2 15* w/ Kuro Kage XT 70x or Speeder Evo I 757x

Callaway Paradym 3HL 16.5* w/ GD Tour AD VR-7x

Callaway Apex 19 4 Hybrid 23* w/ Evenflow White 100x

Srixon ZX5 4i-5i w/ KBS Tour V 120x

Srixon ZX7 (4i-AW) w/ KBS $-Taper 130x

Cleveland RTX-4 Zipcore 56* & 60* w/ S400

43 minutes ago, Rob_X said:

Is there a particular way to get to "Chat", I am not seeing anything.  

Maybe it is only available at certain times when there are CSR's available?

There was a popup icon on the lower left of the page...likely only available as you stated.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, ended up calling to get a price adjustment.

I found a "good" condition Epic Max LS with a Speeder 661 TR x-stiff shaft, and it was basically listed with no premium shaft markup @ $260.  I bought it yesterday during the 23% off sale, so for $200, along with a Tensei AV Blue stiff for ~$45.   The Epic Max LS is on sale today for -35%, so the price adjustment brings me to $170 for the driver.

I have a friend that wanted this driver anyway, so I am going to sell it to him with the Tensei shaft for $150... so kind of like me getting the Speeder 661 TR for about $80 with tax and everything.   Resale on the Speeder TR probably isn't more than $150, but I wanted to try it and at least shouldn't lose money on this one...

This is one of the relatively few instances where a true premium shaft has not been marked up in a driver on the site (and this was not in the clearance section).   Maybe it was confused with the Speeder 665 that is an OEM shaft?

Without the friend, I guess I could have traded the head back in with a meh shaft for about $40 out the door plus the other shaft.  Trade-in value is currently $140 on the Epic Max LS

image.png.c0cbe7163c0d098954ac1137647b23dc.png

Edited by Rob_X

Any interesting putter finds lately?

Though much is taken much abides;
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
- Lord Tennyson

1 hour ago, newportbeach said:

Any interesting putter finds lately?

If you can think of a toulon garage combo that is tour only you can call them and ask. I've combed through the daytonas, austins, san diegos, and las vegas models already.

4 hours ago, Rob_X said:

I found a "good" condition Epic Max LS with a Speeder 661 TR x-stiff shaft, and it was basically listed with no premium shaft markup @ $260.  I bought it yesterday during the 23% off sale, so for $200, along with a Tensei AV Blue stiff for ~$45.   The Epic Max LS is on sale today for -35%, so the price adjustment brings me to $170 for the driver.

I have a friend that wanted this driver anyway, so I am going to sell it to him with the Tensei shaft for $150... so kind of like me getting the Speeder 661 TR for about $80 with tax and everything.   Resale on the Speeder TR probably isn't more than $150, but I wanted to try it and at least shouldn't lose money on this one...

This is one of the relatively few instances where a true premium shaft has not been marked up in a driver on the site (and this was not in the clearance section).   Maybe it was confused with the Speeder 665 that is an OEM shaft?

Without the friend, I guess I could have traded the head back in with a meh shaft for about $40 out the door plus the other shaft.  Trade-in value is currently $140 on the Epic Max LS

I found a Epic Speed TD LS with Tour AD shaft for like $180 2 months or so ago. Jumped on it.

2022 Chrome Soft logo overruns arrived today.  $31 a dozen on sale last week.  I also grabbed 8 Tour Velvet mid size since they had them for a good price and the extra money spent got me free shipping.

I think I'm set for the year, the only thing I could think of adding is a Super Hybrid but I don't really need it.  Too much idle time has me spending too much money.

Maybe I need a new putter now, lol.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

19 hours ago, Rob_X said:

It happens occasionally but is pretty rare. I got a UW with GD Tour UB shaft for the same price as the stock shaft at the beginning of this season. Great find!

36 minutes ago, wsupjs said:

It happens occasionally but is pretty rare. I got a UW with GD Tour UB shaft for the same price as the stock shaft at the beginning of this season. Great find!

Also a good find.  It would be nice if there was a better way to find these kinds of situation, but it seems like you just have to luck into seeing one.

I guess the advanced search is a decent way if you are looking for a particular shaft since you can sort by price.

1 hour ago, Rob_X said:

Also a good find.  It would be nice if there was a better way to find these kinds of situation, but it seems like you just have to luck into seeing one.

I guess the advanced search is a decent way if you are looking for a particular shaft since you can sort by price.

I've found the advanced search to be hit and miss, I did a test to try and find something I knew was in stock and it didnt pull it up.

I just consider CPO like browsing a warehouse of deals. No real way to find anything specific you just gotta browse and drill down to find whatever it is.

Edited by third-times-a-charm

1 hour ago, Rob_X said:

Sometimes it takes checking multiple times and being ready to purchase when you see the deal.  They aren't everywhere and the deals are usually so good that someone will see the value.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

1 hour ago, bekgolf said:

Sometimes it takes checking multiple times and being ready to purchase when you see the deal.  They aren't everywhere and the deals are usually so good that someone will see the value.

True.  That is why I bought the one with the Speeder shaft when I saw it, even though it was the last day of the 23% off sale and I figured the Epic Max LS would certainly see a 30-40% off at some point soon.  But the club would not have been there then...

🚨🚨🚨 BIG inventory drop in the clearance section

My favorite time of the year! CPO has started re-adding tons of TOUR ISSUE inventory to the clearance section and also 'hidden items'. You have to comb through it all to find the deals.

Dont hesitate to ask for 20% off clearance and/or wait for a 20% off clearance items sale which seems to happen about once per month.

Examples:

Drivers:

Tour issue Rogue St Max driver

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/drivers/8321980.html

Tour issue Rogue ST Max D driver

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/drivers/8321751.html

TONS of Toulon Garage/Tour issue putters (You have to call and speak to a rep to see which necks and colors they are):

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/clearance/clearance-putters/

JAWS RAW wedges under wedges, etc. TONS of new inventory.

Have at it!

• Like 1

Really cool older Odyssey putters in clearance right now:

O-Works red tour slant

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/7605429.html

Milled #2

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/7640822.html

O-works silver #2 CH

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/7605531.html

• Like 1

Bettinardi Inovai putter like new $220 in clearance

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/7924252.html

2 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Bettinardi Inovai putter like new $220 in clearance

https://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/putters/7924252.html

Pretty good, especially if you are trading in.  Just checked for fun, and you can buy a new one from Maple Hill for $250.

https://maplehillgolf.com/bettinardi-2020-inovai-6-0-crescent-putter/?sku=BETTPUTINOVAI60CRESCENTSTD35rH

Also new from ProClubs on eBay for $215+tax:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334484219141