The Great Callaway Preowned Deals Thread

1 minute ago, Rob_X said:

Pretty good, especially if you are trading in.  Just checked for fun, and you can buy a new one from Maple Hill for $250.

https://maplehillgolf.com/bettinardi-2020-inovai-6-0-crescent-putter/?sku=BETTPUTINOVAI60CRESCENTSTD35rH

Also new from ProClubs on eBay for $215+tax:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334484219141

Would be a good deal on the next round of 20% off clearance, I guess.

• Like 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

On 1/4/2023 at 2:32 PM, Rob_X said:

Thanks, ended up calling to get a price adjustment.

I found a "good" condition Epic Max LS with a Speeder 661 TR x-stiff shaft, and it was basically listed with no premium shaft markup @ $260.  I bought it yesterday during the 23% off sale, so for $200, along with a Tensei AV Blue stiff for ~$45.   The Epic Max LS is on sale today for -35%, so the price adjustment brings me to $170 for the driver.

I have a friend that wanted this driver anyway, so I am going to sell it to him with the Tensei shaft for $150... so kind of like me getting the Speeder 661 TR for about $80 with tax and everything.   Resale on the Speeder TR probably isn't more than $150, but I wanted to try it and at least shouldn't lose money on this one...

This is one of the relatively few instances where a true premium shaft has not been marked up in a driver on the site (and this was not in the clearance section).   Maybe it was confused with the Speeder 665 that is an OEM shaft?

Without the friend, I guess I could have traded the head back in with a meh shaft for about $40 out the door plus the other shaft.  Trade-in value is currently $140 on the Epic Max LS

image.png.c0cbe7163c0d098954ac1137647b23dc.png

Well, that ended being a bust...

The "standard" length shaft ended up actually being -1", and it also looked like it was probably tipped an inch.  

I was going to put a Titleist adapter on it, so probably would have only played ~44"-ish in a TSi3.  So unfortunately I sent it back...  if it was the 757 version, maybe I would have tried to turn it into a 3w shaft.

================================

Callaway Paradym 10.5 w/ Speeder Evo III 661 TX

Callaway Mavrik Max TC 15* (adjustable) w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 125 70tx

Titleist TSi2 15* w/ Kuro Kage XT 70x or Speeder Evo I 757x

Callaway Paradym 3HL 16.5* w/ GD Tour AD VR-7x

Callaway Apex 19 4 Hybrid 23* w/ Evenflow White 100x

Srixon ZX5 4i-5i w/ KBS Tour V 120x

Srixon ZX7 (4i-AW) w/ KBS $-Taper 130x

Cleveland RTX-4 Zipcore 56* & 60* w/ S400

1 hour ago, third-times-a-charm said:

20% off clearance this week.

Thanks. Was able to get a “Like New” Rogue ST Triple Diamond Driver for $220. Seemed like a misprice compared to other similar drivers on there.  Would have preferred the Max LS I think but willing to give this a try. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

3 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

Thanks. Was able to get a “Like New” Rogue ST Triple Diamond Driver for $220. Seemed like a misprice compared to other similar drivers on there.  Would have preferred the Max LS I think but willing to give this a try. 

Sure was. Great snag. Was it the one with the AD VR shaft? It's a great driver.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

19 minutes ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Sure was. Great snag. Was it the one with the AD VR shaft? It's a great driver.

No, I wish it was that shaft!  Project X Smoke Black RDX. It’s not my shaft of choice but I have a shaft that I am going to plug in to the head to try. If anyone has anything they’d swap or sell at a discount let me know! I’ve been in a Ventus Black 6x for awhile (in a stealth+ currently) so if I like the head I can always pull that and put a Callaway adapter on it. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

9 hours ago, wobgon said:

Probably wrong thread but has anyone had any good luck with irons in "good" condition. I have always bought like new or very good.

I just created a thread hoping to capture real conditions that people received.  Hopefully we can get some traffic there and get a representative idea.  This question comes up a lot, so a thread like this seems like a good idea.

13 hours ago, wobgon said:

Thanks....I will check it out.

Looks like the moderator locked it and said to put it in this thread... DENIED!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I don't really want to flood this thread with condition examples, but maybe it won't hurt to put some in here that seem representative.  Here is one example.

Date: Nov 2022

Club: Epic Flash 3w

Condition: good

Condition issues:

Main issue is a small chip in the top line, and some sand marks on the face.  Overall I would say this is reasonable condition for "good".

20230117_172442.jpg

20230117_172454.jpg

On 1/9/2023 at 10:20 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

Would be a good deal on the next round of 20% off clearance, I guess.

Maple is just a few minutes drive from my office. Great family and people. I am in there at least once every week, at least, to hit balls on the SIM.  Got my Queen B there, my 4 wood, clubs for father, multiple shafts, balls, etc.  

Rogue ST Max 9* (IZ-6 SR)

TSi2 @ 16.5* (Ventus Red 6R, -2g)

TSi2 @ 21* (Motore X F3 7S, -2g, tip'd .5")

818 H1 @ 24* (Diamana S+ 82S, tip'd 1.5")

Pro 223 5-GW (Modus3 115 - S) 

RTX6 54/10, RTX6 58/6 (Modus 115 Wedge - S, 1* flat) 

Eleven Tour Lined - '24 BX

So I ordered 2 Mack Daddy CB’s from CPO’s last sale and the package arrived today. One was a 52 in like new the other was a 58 in very good. One big issue the 52 was actually a 60 and being like new it was still wrapped in plastic on the head. I called and they have fixed that issue.

Here is a pic of the 58 in very good condition since it was ask to post so people could see the rating condition. 

A1036FEC-7FAB-4116-9456-6A7EE651A742.jpeg

AB04B1FF-CC22-4A66-8927-3A047A44E377.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wobgon said:

Thanks....They sell a lot of sets that have a combination of all three. Seems kind of strange.

They list it as all three under shaft description, but in the flex column it will say what flex it is and you use the information listed a few posts ago, you should receive a set with matching flex & weight:

115 is 5.5

120 is 6.0

125 is 6.5

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rynobucket said:

They list it as all three under shaft description, but in the flex column it will say what flex it is and you use the information listed a few posts ago, you should receive a set with matching flex & weight:

115 is 5.5

120 is 6.0

125 is 6.5

Great....I always knew which was which but was confused when they listed all three.

Here's a 'hidden inventory alert' for anyone looking for a center shafted putter.

CPO has center-shaft Toulon Memphis Garage models from the initial run of center-shafted Memphis's that were available back when they first came out.

They are in inventory as "Toulon Garage Memphis Center Shaft Putter" and there's I think 6 of them in stock in various options.

The price should be pretty cheap on them plus any discounts. As always call Cole to order at 512.617.7131

I cant find much online about them but this is an old twitter post from the toulon account back in 2016: 

• Like 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
or
Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 50* DG Wedge
Cleveland 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54* DG Wedge
Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize

20 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

Here's a 'hidden inventory alert' for anyone looking for a center shafted putter.

CPO has center-shaft Toulon Memphis Garage models from the initial run of center-shafted Memphis's that were available back when they first came out.

I....must...resist..  Please tell me that all of them are now gone.  I just received the first NON center-shafted putter I've purchased in ages from CPO (White Hot OG #7 Bird "like new" - still wrapped in pastic) and I don't dare call them because if they say they still have that center-shafted Memphis, I'd be obliged to get it.  Haha.

Paradym Ai Smoke TD 10.5* (@ 9.5*) / Ventus Blue TR 6S

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Paradym 5W 18* / GD Tour AD HD 7X

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Callaway '21 Apex Pro 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 125X

Callaway JAWS 52*/56*/60* / KBS $-Taper 130 "8i Spinner"

Argolf Pendragon XL (Broomstick)

Snell MTB Black

1 hour ago, imkirby34 said:

I....must...resist..  Please tell me that all of them are now gone.  I just received the first NON center-shafted putter I've purchased in ages from CPO (White Hot OG #7 Bird "like new" - still wrapped in pastic) and I don't dare call them because if they say they still have that center-shafted Memphis, I'd be obliged to get it.  Haha.

Call and ask 😬

CPO is taking forever to process trade ins.  Same goes for returns.  They sent me a wrong item, I sent it back 4 weeks ago (totally on them for sending the wrong club) and I'm still waiting for a refund.  Trade item was sent 5 weeks ago. 

At some point I'm getting visa involved with the wrong club return and I guess I just learned my lesson with the trade, 5 weeks and I have no recourse because the whole trade in is based on trust, I have a tracking number but it means nothing.  CPO used to be a wonderful thing. 

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

6 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

CPO is taking forever to process trade ins.  Same goes for returns.  They sent me a wrong item, I sent it back 4 weeks ago (totally on them for sending the wrong club) and I'm still waiting for a refund.  Trade item was sent 5 weeks ago. 

At some point I'm getting visa involved with the wrong club return and I guess I just learned my lesson with the trade, 5 weeks and I have no recourse because the whole trade in is based on trust, I have a tracking number but it means nothing.  CPO used to be a wonderful thing. 

They always take forever this time of year…. So many people are trading in equipment for new stuff….. 

These guys get all the trade in for all of Calloway. My buddy uses to work there…. They are processing thousands of clubs a day. 

I have never had an issue though….. they always process it eventually….. never have had an issue with condition or anything. 

15 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

I am going on 6 weeks on a trade....No big deal...Still a fan of CPO.

2 minutes ago, T_Golf_23 said:

They always take forever this time of year…. So many people are trading in equipment for new stuff….. 

These guys get all the trade in for all of Calloway. My buddy uses to work there…. They are processing thousands of clubs a day. 

I have never had an issue though….. they always process it eventually….. never have had an issue with condition or anything. 

I had a totally wrong club sent, condition was fine.  I understand it can happen.  My beef is that the return has a big RMA# on it and according to CPO an RMA should be processed quickly.  I've already paid for the wrong club that I sent back over a month ago.  I have a limited time to let visa know something is amiss.  

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

1 hour ago, bekgolf said:

I had a totally wrong club sent, condition was fine.  I understand it can happen.  My beef is that the return has a big RMA# on it and according to CPO an RMA should be processed quickly.  I've already paid for the wrong club that I sent back over a month ago.  I have a limited time to let visa know something is amiss.  

Nothing will be amiss - you'll get your money back. I agree it sucks. Kind of a caveat when buying from CPO during Nov 15-Jan 1. Happens every year but this year seemed to be worse by about 10-20 days. I dont recall it being worse than 30-40 days or so in the past but now it's almost 50-60 days.

And I agree they need to better separate RMAs and trades but thats probably a huge logistical issue for them that they'll need consulting for.

They should probably put a banner on their website homepage in red saying how long processing will take for any kind of package return during the holidays as like 30+ days - but that would impact sales so 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm also waiting on a trade and refund. Another trade and refund from Thanksgiving week was just done in mid-Jan.

Its not stopping me from shopping there.

Edited by third-times-a-charm
  • Thanks 1

I just got in a very good Toulon Portland rose gold with no sight lines.

oddly enough the one I ordered was the h4 slant neck. I received one with the h3  plumbers neck. 
I called up and spoke to my rep, they offered a return and exchange for another they had in stock. 
I actually preferred the h3 neck and am leaning towards keeping it. This mistake actually worked out in my favor.

They were more than willing to make it right and extended the return or exchange terms to 30 days. I wanted to let them know so they could check the other in stock and make the correction in case the other was mislabeled as well. 

91F314C3-0E8E-4144-8613-89F10A6808D9.jpeg