2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

New Rapsodo Product/Launch?

darom86

Here is an outdoor review video for those interested. 

From my perspective, even though this is only one video, it seems to be similar to other affordable radar units like r10 and mevo plus where some shots are spot on and others can be moderately or way off.

Check out that one driver strike where the guy says it was a mishit.  The device was off by 14 yards.  I guess thats the gear effect taking place.  

7 hours ago, prusd said:

From my perspective, even though this is only one video, it seems to be similar to other affordable radar units like r10 and mevo plus where some shots are spot on and others can be moderately or way off.

Check out that one driver strike where the guy says it was a mishit.  The device was off by 14 yards.  I guess thats the gear effect taking place.  

Still pretty decent, I'm still debating whether to cancel my pre order and buy a skytrak 

1 hour ago, Garydean said:

Still pretty decent, I'm still debating whether to cancel my pre order and buy a skytrak 

If you're actually concerned about outdoor performance, the Skytrak is the last thing you want to buy. It is notorious for not working at all in bright light conditions, like the sunlight you'll find at the range. 

15 hours ago, dave s 316 said:

I’m only able to display 4 data points at a time. Is there a way to add others? I can’t find it

That’s all that displayed in the phone. If you use a Tablet you get 8 I think it is. 

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

anyone having issues with yardages? i set my monitor up today for the first time, and even when flushing the shots, im around 10-15 yards short of where I would expect to be?

Also how do you get in to the "range" section on practice? When I go into the net session] I cant seem to get into that portion of the software?

So some news on the subscription front from the GSPro Discord. Apparently there was a Rapsodo AMA on the FB page. One of the questions was about an alternative one-time unlock fee, similar to the BLP/GC3, to get out of the annual subscription. One of the Rapsodo guys asked what a fair number would be, got an answer of $500 (so paid off in 2.5 yrs), and he said he'd take it back to the team and see. If Rapsodo adopts it, that could be a game changer for me, as long as the LM can actually get on GSPro. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Simpsonia said:

So some news on the subscription front from the GSPro Discord. Apparently there was a Rapsodo AMA on the FB page. One of the questions was about an alternative one-time unlock fee, similar to the BLP/GC3, to get out of the annual subscription. One of the Rapsodo guys asked what a fair number would be, got an answer of $500 (so paid off in 2.5 yrs), and he said he'd take it back to the team and see. If Rapsodo adopts it, that could be a game changer for me, as long as the LM can actually get on GSPro. 

I would buy this if there was a permanent unlock.

• Like 1

Well, I just ordered an MLM2 from Dick's.  Says they have a few in stock if you are a Gold member.  I've had the original MLM for a couple years which I have found useful, but I like that the new one can prop up a phone for a 2nd view as well as hopefully not overheating in the sun at the range during the summer.

1 hour ago, stuman74 said:

Well, I just ordered an MLM2 from Dick's.  Says they have a few in stock if you are a Gold member.  I've had the original MLM for a couple years which I have found useful, but I like that the new one can prop up a phone for a 2nd view as well as hopefully not overheating in the sun at the range during the summer.

Sorry to break it to you but thats kind of a modern smart phone issue if your actively using it with direct sunlight hitting the device. mlm2 doesnt require the phone screen be on at all times unless your using the phone as a 2nd view. so outside youll probably not want to do 2nd view.

34 minutes ago, jimecherry said:

Sorry to break it to you but thats kind of a modern smart phone issue if your actively using it with direct sunlight hitting the device. mlm2 doesnt require the phone screen be on at all times unless your using the phone as a 2nd view. so outside youll probably not want to do 2nd view.

Good point.  Maybe the 2nd view will only be for the cloudier/cooler days.  If the MLM2 at least works by itself without overcooking, that will be a definite win vs the past 2 summers of range time with the MLM1.  

On 4/14/2023 at 6:46 PM, jola said:

Hell of time trying to connect today. FINALLY got on. Then it says I need a firmware update even though I got version 2.45. Dont know what that was about, I am goint to give it a go. A little frustrated when I first opened package and put tripod on.I noticed where tripod connects  it had been used.Brand new should have  no blemishes on it. These are the pics I took before I put tripod on. Did  contact company.Thinking maybe a demo.

20230410_151016.jpg

20230410_151013.jpg

How did you finally get it updated, a work round? 

I had a video call with them and they said they have no idea how to fix my “connection” issues…… they will get back to me in a few days to a couple of weeks. They said they may have to push and app update that has the firmware installed and can update locally or something. 

disaster of a rollout …..

20 hours ago, stuman74 said:

Brutal. I checked with dicks via chat and they don't have a feature to notify you of a restock. I just checked and it's sold out.

I gave up checking as it said 4/25 expected restock. I had one in my cart on the Rapsodo restock the other day, it froze when I tried to check out, and then said it was so old.

I am absolutely amazed Dick's doesn't have a notification system for a restock.

Edited by Walkerdb7

Epic Max LS - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10

Epic Max 7W  - HZRDUS SMOKE iM10
4- P  T100S LA Golf A Series - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall
Raw Vokey SM9 50F, 54D, 58M S400 - BB and F Ferrule OG Squall

Vokey 64 Jimmy Walker S400 - BB and F Ferrule

Cameron Futura X11.5 - BGT Shaft - Super Stroke Flatso 1.0

On 4/13/2023 at 10:23 PM, prusd said:

Same story here, seems like the long clubs it struggles with at times. Does Awesome Golf fix that?

He is doing this Skytrack vs R10 video next... that will be the most interesting to me.

My prediction is that the R10 will be more consistent in length without missing distances, but will fair worse on shot shape just leveling out the pros and cons of the head to head battle... then there is VC4, haha. I don't see much hype around that.

Edited by Walkerdb7

30 minutes ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Same story here, seems like the long clubs it struggles with at times. Does Awesome Golf fix that?

He is doing this Skytrack vs R10 video next... that will be the most interesting to me.

My prediction is that the R10 will be more consistent in length without missing distances, but will fair worse on shot shape just leveling out the pros and cons of the head to head battle... then there is VC4, haha. I don't see much hype around that.

I dont think the vc4 has actually shipped to reviewers as none have even mentioned an unboxing. my guess is its going to be soft launched in late april with orders being extended out all the way to july.

All of this is making me, as a happy R10 owner and user, feel that there is no need to rush out and get the MLM 2. I think it is going to be a fantastic unit in the long run but with the shortage of available units and the teething issues many seem to be experiencing I'm happy to wait a year until the units are much more widely available and some of the software issues have been ironed out. Plus there are bound to be software enhancements that will improve the device. In the meantime I'll continue enjoying the R10. 

When working properly the Rapsodo does look like a definite step up though. 

Cobra King F9  Driver 10.5° Atmos Blue 6 stiff
17° Callaway X Hot 4 wood
3 (18°) & 4 (21°) Cleveland Halo XL hybrids
Srixon ZX5 5 - PW Modus 105 Regular 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 48°/9° & 52°/11°, RTX 3 58°/9°
Ping Anser Sigma 2 putter

6 hours ago, kiwihacker said:

All of this is making me, as a happy R10 owner and user, feel that there is no need to rush out and get the MLM 2. I think it is going to be a fantastic unit in the long run but with the shortage of available units and the teething issues many seem to be experiencing I'm happy to wait a year until the units are much more widely available and some of the software issues have been ironed out. Plus there are bound to be software enhancements that will improve the device. In the meantime I'll continue enjoying the R10. 

When working properly the Rapsodo does look like a definite step up though. 

I want be patient like you, but sort of dying to get the MLM 2 Pro and move forward 

6 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

I want be patient like you, but sort of dying to get the MLM 2 Pro and move forward 

I think in my case I'll have no choice as I think it will be a long time before the device is available in NZ. I waited a long time to get the R10 as every local supplier was constantly 'sold out'. When I finally obtained one I phoned the supplier and they had about 4 units. They put one aside for me and by the time I got there the next day all the other units were gone. It will probably be 6 months before I can get my hands on one. 

16 hours ago, kiwihacker said:

I think in my case I'll have no choice as I think it will be a long time before the device is available in NZ. I waited a long time to get the R10 as every local supplier was constantly 'sold out'. When I finally obtained one I phoned the supplier and they had about 4 units. They put one aside for me and by the time I got there the next day all the other units were gone. It will probably be 6 months before I can get my hands on one. 

Spoiled American here, haha

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

Spoiled American here, haha

I'm not jealous  ... much. Lol

Relative to incomes I'm sure it's much cheaper for you too. By the time we factor in the exchange rate it will probably be $1200-$1300 NZD. 

We get screwed over on everything price wise. 

On 4/16/2023 at 2:16 PM, Walkerdb7 said:

Brutal. I checked with dicks via chat and they don't have a feature to notify you of a restock. I just checked and it's sold out.

I gave up checking as it said 4/25 expected restock. I had one in my cart on the Rapsodo restock the other day, it froze when I tried to check out, and then said it was so old.

I am absolutely amazed Dick's doesn't have a notification system for a restock.

It is surprising. But also maybe not that surprising. You figure, of all the products they stock, 99.9% of them probably don't have people anxiously waiting to jump the minute a new batch comes in.

On 4/19/2023 at 12:42 PM, stuman74 said:

Got mine today delivered from Dick's!  Can't wait to set it up and maybe take it to the range after work.  image.png.856c66c2b51de6d830493d126fa24732.png

I am so jealous you got that. I literally checked Dick's like every other day for weeks. Hope you enjoy!

Shop indoor says middle - late may. No other websites have much info on the next wave.

image.png.4db780009e15ea036e3783eadb334229.png

2 hours ago, Walkerdb7 said:

I am so jealous you got that. I literally checked Dick's like every other day for weeks. Hope you enjoy!

Shop indoor says middle - late may. No other websites have much info on the next wave.

image.png.4db780009e15ea036e3783eadb334229.png

Thanks.  I have it all charged up and firmware up to date, but unfortunately didn't get to try it out at the range the past 2 nights after work due to crappy weather in Chicago suburbs.  Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday for sure.

57 minutes ago, stuman74 said:

Thanks.  I have it all charged up and firmware up to date, but unfortunately didn't get to try it out at the range the past 2 nights after work due to crappy weather in Chicago suburbs.  Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday for sure.

I hit balls yesterday and today briefly, haha. I’m in Naperville 

• Like 1