2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)

touch

59 minutes ago, touch said:

Will miss that smile. 

I like Michelle.  She's from Hawaii and since my folks are also from Hawaii, it's sort of a family rule that I should like Michelle.  Heh.  Which brings me to my kicking myself for erasing my initial selection of Allisen Corpuz in NCL's contest.  I switched to Lizette Salas simply for the reason that I was 99.9% sure that no one else would choose Lizette.  LOL.

• Like 4

Callaway Paradym 10.5* / Autoflex Dumina SF505

TM SIM2 Max 3HL 16.5* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

TM M1 5W 19* / Kuro Kage TiNi 70S

Ping G425 5H 26* / Ventus Velocore Blue HB 8S

Takomo 201 5-PW / Fujikura Axiom 105X

Titleist SM8 50* / New Level SPN VS 56* 60* / PX IO 6.5 "8i Spinner"

Odyssey White Hot OG #7 Bird

Snell MTB Black or Prime 4.0

M-22 from from just north of Manistee, up to Frankfort and Sleeping Bear, around the Leelanau, and back to Traverse City.  Three weeks away.  

Weathervane is good, especially for the view from the deck.  The Villager Pub has the best whitefish in town.  Apache Trout Grille in TC has killer whitefish.  Looong waits this time of year.  

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

10 minutes ago, Fellaheen51 said:

Have spent a lot time in Bellaire over the years.  Nearby to Torch Lake (Clam River).   A view of Torch Lake from the tee on a perfect summer day.  

6CFBEF4F-B03F-4822-AB17-5E9C8E5FF239_1_105_c.jpeg.ffff5bf61163ad17fb8887bbe83872cc.jpeg

Shanty and Schuss! 

I know Bellaire well Fella. 

Bellaire had an awesome soft serve ice cream shop. 

Our cottage was on Lake Street in Alden. 

Do you remember Brownwood Acres? 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

4 hours ago, touch said:

Yes I was noticing that some of you that follow the LPGA Tour weekly are not at the top with your picks in the US Open after round two. Over analysis perhaps? 

... If it were easy to pick winners, we would all be rich and have Draft Kings on speed dial. Majors are just really tough to predict although after 4 days the cream does usually wind up somewhere near the top. I have chosen with my head ... I have chosen with my heart ... I have chosen with a combo of head and heart ... I have chosen according to the odds ... and I have chosen ignoring the odds. Winning or losing seems to follow no particular order and sometimes ya just have to get lucky.

... My last round I was on a roll through #6 but then on #7 hit a gust on an uphill par 3 just as I made contact. Wind moved me a little off balance so I missed hit it a little and it came up 5yds short of a tricky green with a back pin. Getting it close for an up and down would be crucial for momentum. The chip rolled in from 50 feet with 8 feet of break. Next hole I flew my 7 iron a hair too far and ended up just on top of a tier leaving a very difficult putt I had to just start in motion or it would have run by and probably catch the false front rolling off the green. The putt dropped for my second birdie in a row when I was staring at a potential bogie on both holes. Sometimes ya just have to get lucky

• Like 4

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

4 hours ago, touch said:

Yes I was noticing that some of you that follow the LPGA Tour weekly are not at the top with your picks in the US Open after round two. Over analysis perhaps? 

It's been interesting - Pebble's beat up most of the big names.

Golf, eh?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Titleist TSR3 8° LA GOLF DJ 

Titleist TS2 18° Diamana D+

Titleist TSR2 21° Diamana D+ 

Titleist TSi2 24° Diamana D+

Titleist T100 5-7, 620MB LA GOLF L

Vokey 50.8°F, 56.14°F, 60.04°T LA GOLF WV

Scotty Cameron Newport LA GOLF P

4 hours ago, touch said:

I definitely do not follow the LPGA tour weekly and I’m almost certain I would still not be at the top if I did! 😂 I mean, I follow the NFL and PGAT weekly and feel I’m quite knowledgeable about both. I still manage to get most of those picks wrong… And I can assure you it’s not from over analysis! 😂 From week to week anything can happen. As they say “it’s why they play the games” 😉 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TiScape said:

I mean, I follow the NFL weekly and feel I’m quite knowledgeable about both. I still manage to get most of those picks wrong… And I can assure you it’s not from over analysis! 😂 From week to week anything can happen. As they say “it’s why they play the games” 😉 

... For the 5 several years my son talked me into betting on the Bears each week. Just for fun so I put in $250 at the beginning of the season and bet around $25 a week. I almost always bet the spread for obvious reasons. The first 4 years I either came out a little ahead or right around even. Last year I got killed and lost it all. I take the Bears and the spread because over a season it evens out. But last year they just keep losing to the spread and finally I took the other team ... and the Bears won. 🤪Anything can happen, amen to that. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TiScape said:

I definitely do not follow the LPGA tour weekly and I’m almost certain I would still not be at the top if I did! 😂 I mean, I follow the NFL and PGAT weekly and feel I’m quite knowledgeable about both. I still manage to get most of those picks wrong… And I can assure you it’s not from over analysis! 😂 From week to week anything can happen. As they say “it’s why they play the games” 😉 

A pro football guru ye be is it? So will you accept my invitation and join our season long NFL picks contest in September TS?

The same invitation of course goes out to all Lounger's that are not already regular participants of the NFL Picks contest. You gents are welcome to join NCL, P3P, Big Fish, others, and myself in early fall. I will be starting a specific thread for our NFL Picks contest sometime in mid August. Just remember it is a weekly commitment all the way through the Super Bowl.

I am pleased to announce this will be our 7th year of testing our  prognosticating skills predicting the outcomes of NFL games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, touch said:

A pro football guru ye be is it? So will you accept my invitation and join our season long NFL picks contest in September TS?

The same invitation of course goes out to all Lounger's that are not already regular participants of the NFL Picks contest. You gents are welcome to join NCL, P3P, Big Fish, others, and myself in early fall. I will be starting a specific thread for our NFL Picks contest sometime in mid August. Just remember it is a weekly commitment all the way through the Super Bowl.

I am pleased to announce this will be our 7th year of testing our  prognosticating skills predicting the outcomes of NFL games. 

If you wanna call someone that enjoys the game and watches every week a “guru”, sure! 😂 I know the contest well t. I thought I partook last season, or that mighta been fantasy football w/the ppl at the gym… 🤔 

🤣

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chisag said:

... For the 5 several years my son talked me into betting on the Bears each week. Just for fun so I put in $250 at the beginning of the season and bet around $25 a week. I almost always bet the spread for obvious reasons. The first 4 years I either came out a little ahead or right around even. Last year I got killed and lost it all. I take the Bears and the spread because over a season it evens out. But last year they just keep losing to the spread and finally I took the other team ... and the Bears won. 🤪Anything can happen, amen to that. 

Always bet against the spread on the sure thing.  11-1 team playing the 1-11 team.  They're all humans.  They're all superb athletes.  They all have high skill levels.  Now, the 1-11 team has all the motivation and the 11-1 team thinks it's gonna be a cakewalk.  DISCLAIMER: This doesn't apply to the Oakland A's this year or last year's Chicago Bears. 😁

Edited by Double Mocha Man

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Always bet against the spread on the sure thing.  11-1 team playing the 1-11 team.  They're all humans.  They're all superb athletes.  They all have high skill levels.  Now, the 1-11 team has all the motivation and the 11-1 team thinks it's gonna be a cakewalk.  DISCLAIMER: This doesn't apply to the Oakland AAA’s this year.

Fixed it 😊

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Always bet against the spread on the sure thing.  11-1 team playing the 1-11 team.  They're all humans.  They're all superb athletes.  They all have high skill levels.  Now, the 1-11 team has all the motivation and the 11-1 team thinks it's gonna be a cakewalk.  DISCLAIMER: This doesn't apply to the Oakland A's this year.

... Haha you would have lost all your cash last year too taking the Bears spread with their 3-14 record. Tons of motivation but a QB that looks at a defense from the pocket like Where's Waldo was a recipe for failure. And a GM that gutted the defense trading away their best players in Mack, Smith, Quinn and Hicks didn't help. 

25 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Always bet against the spread on the sure thing.  11-1 team playing the 1-11 team.  They're all humans.  They're all superb athletes.  They all have high skill levels.  Now, the 1-11 team has all the motivation and the 11-1 team thinks it's gonna be a cakewalk.  DISCLAIMER: This doesn't apply to the Oakland A's this year.

Yep. My OG Vegas days employers all made their riches in sports betting and this is exactly how they did it.

Always bet the dog. All the silly analysis is just a product to be sold (I know, I built the platforms that did it 20 years ago) The way to win is bet the dogs. All of them, not just one game. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, aenemated said:

Yep. My OG Vegas days employers all made their riches in sports betting and this is exactly how they did it.

Always bet the dog. All the silly analysis is just a product to be sold (I know, I built the platforms that did it 20 years ago) The way to win is bet the dogs. All of them, not just one game. 

... Sound strategy for betting across the board, but again betting just the Bears last year it was the opposite as they rarely covered the spread. Thankfully I just bet for fun with my son or I would have lost a fortune on them! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

Ncis GIF by ION

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TiScape said:

If you wanna call someone that enjoys the game and watches every week a “guru”, sure! 😂 I know the contest well t. I thought I partook last season, or that mighta been fantasy football w/the ppl at the gym… 🤔 

🤣

It was at the gym and not with the guys on WRX. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TiScape said:

Suns out at PB! 🙌🏼 ☀️ It doesn’t get any better!! 😊 I can say I will watch this entire tournament and it’s 100% bcs of the venue. 

Love it with the sun out. 😊 I am with you TS, one of the main reasons I am watching is because of the course hosting the competition. 

I will be able to leave work in a few and will grab a pizza and a bottle of wine on the way home and be ready to watch I'm thinking at 5:30 eastern.  Yahoo! 

Go Minjee

Go Lydia

Go Gabi

Go Brooke  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aenemated said:

Where is tonight's show aen?

What bar in what town?

Might there be a video late tonight of the band jamming? 

9 minutes ago, touch said:

Love it with the sun out. 😊 I am with you TS, one of the main reasons I am watching is because of the course hosting the competition. 

I will be able to leave work in a few and will grab a pizza and a bottle of wine on the way home and be ready to watch I'm thinking at 5:30 eastern.  Yahoo! 

Go Minjee

Go Lydia

Go Gabi

Go Brooke  

Sounds like an incredible plan to me t! 
🏌🏻‍♀️🌊🍕🙌🏼

16 minutes ago, touch said:

Where is tonight's show aen?

What bar in what town?

Might there be a video late tonight of the band jamming? 

Alex's Bar in Long Beach, CA. 

Haven't seen anything from last night yet. Saw some short IG stories from Thursday.

Should have a grip of pals out tonight so maybe I'll get some vids!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, aenemated said:

Alex's Bar in Long Beach, CA. 

Haven't seen anything from last night yet. Saw some short IG stories from Thursday.

Should have a grip of pals out tonight so maybe I'll get some vids!

The Long Beach crowd rages pretty hard don't they? I thought I remember that to be the case. I'm sure you are excited for the energy the place will have.

Thanks aen for keeping the Lounge entertained with your posts from the road while you tour with your band. 💥

• Thanks 1

"PGA TOUR Commissioner Jay Monahan announced Friday in a memo to the PGA TOUR Policy Board, the TOUR’s members and staff that he will return to his role on July 17."

... Pictures of before and after health issues:

mail.png.573ffd0908c704f8eda5d7d11a0e7b30.png
thumbnail_PenceMikeApril_AP.jpg.webp.76931c4864a099459e8f5bf0dccd5dd1.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TiScape said:

He turned into Mike Pence?! 😱

... Ever seen the two of them in the same picture? I am pretty sure they are the same guy. 🤪

• Haha 1

• GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)
  • GwrxMod changed the title to The Links Lounge (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION/LIV ***)