2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2023 Aramco Saudi Ladies International, Saudi Arabia, February 16-19, 2023

18majors

3 hours ago, AKL Kiwi said:

Which US college systems did JYK, Lydia, Nelly, and Jeeno go through? 

Nice try - that's why I wrote "many of the young, most talented amateurs from overseas " - not all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

I'm not making a point about being at the top of the world rankings - it's about them choosing to play on the LPGAT after their college stint and so college being an avenue to populate the LPGAT - stacks of them in the top 100 and stacks more #'s 100 to 200. I wrote "there's another element that draws many of the young, most talented amateurs from overseas to the US to further their development before turning pro - the college system". I said nothing about the top of the world rankings.

However, in any case, as far as ex-college players at the top of the world rankings, you've got Leona and Jen Kupcho who were amateur and college stars who are knocking on the top 10 of the the world rankings at #'s 11 and 15 with Jen a major winner:

1632520988_LeonavsKupchoamateurcareer.PNG.83e4779f8c3263dd7191935bfe74c520.PNG

Celine is also currently  #14, DK is #17. You've had Patty T as a major winner, + Maja #32 & Linn #23 moving up with a bullet. Maddy Sagstrom #26, Gabby Lopez #35, Ally Ewing #36.

You going to bet against the current Stanford crew all failing to get on the LPGAT when they turn pro? What about older current players like Stacy Lewis with 2 majors in 13 LPGAT wins, they don't count to support my comment about college being a path to the LPGAT, + Stacy is an ex world #1?

Don't know why you have an issue with what I have stated, seems obvious and supported by facts.

You have been better on here than this, I'm quite surprised.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to put DK's name in that list. She played like one full season at Pepperdine. 

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

58 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to put DK's name in that list. She played like one full season at Pepperdine. 

It's not a stretch, its factual.....amateur pre-college - Pepperdine - pro.

However, I concede that her college career was short and, um, uneventful vs her other amateur achievements so I understand your point, she wasn't a college standout over a degree timeframe that then turned pro.

Plenty of other examples though, esp of foreign ams (my core point) who went US college then got on the LPGAT.

• Like 1

Srixon Z785 @10.5° Fujikura Atmos 6 X 44.5” //  Cobra King Ltd FWY @15.5° XCaliber FW S 43" //  Cobra F7 FWY @18.5° Aldila Tour Blue ATX 85 S 42.5" //  Titleist 818H1 #4 @20° Project X Hzardus Smoke Red RDX 80g 6.0 40" // Titleist 818H1 #6 @24° XCaliber HY S 39.25" // Srixon Z565 6-PW:  6,7 KBS PGI 90 tipped for S SSx1, 8,9 Fuji Pro 85i S SSx1, PW Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 // Cleveland CBX 50.11 Fuji Pro 95i S SSx1 //  Cleveland RTX3 56.14 bent 55.13 //  Nike VR X3X Toe Sweep 58.10  //  TaylorMade Spider Tour Red #3 Sightline 34" Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0 //  Titleist Pro V1x //  McGregor Hybrid Stand/Cart Bag

On 2/5/2023 at 1:23 AM, 18majors said:

I'll update TV information, they're typically available on "YouTube, Ladies European Tour Channel, Live".

Entries list is included, Entries List.  It's impressive:

Lydia Ko, Atthaya Thitikul, Lexi Thompson, In Gee Chun, Hyo Joo Kim, Nasa Hataoka, Xi Yu Lin, Danielle Kang, Hanna Green, Linn Grant, Georgia Hall, Charley Hull and many more.

'Livestream' Links: https://www.youtube.com/@LadiesEuropeanTour-LET/streams

..R1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jonj0uDEgM8

..R2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlqoRDxeC7c

..R3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEWjNZWn-8g

..R4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_6jDX0Y6WQ

• Like 4

Good news, live streaming on YouTube is available this week, YouTube:

Thursday, Feb 16 and Friday, Feb 17:        5:00 - 9:00 AM (EST)

Saturday, Feb 18 and Sunday, Feb 19:      4:00 - 8:00 AM  (EST) 

Note:  Saudi Arabia time is 8 hours ahead of US Eastern Standard Time

"You can watch LIVE action from all four rounds between Thursday February 16th and Sunday February 19th live on the LET YouTube channel, as the players compete for a whopping $5,000,000 purse in Saudi Arabia – the same prize fund as the 2023 Saudi International, won by Abraham Ancer last week on the same course.

Four hours of live coverage begins at 10:00 GMT on Thursday and Friday (13:00 in Jeddah), while the final two rounds will see the cameras rolling from 09:00 (12:00 local) over the weekend.

You can also find interviews and highlights from the tournament, as well as events throughout the year, on the LET YouTube channel."

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Rapidcat said:

You have been better on here than this, I'm quite surprised.

I will try to do better! ....now back to this tournament.

The premier grouping is Lydia, Jeeno and Charley... hope their up to it at that time of the morning though.

Edited by AKL Kiwi
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, AKL Kiwi said:

Won't be for long if Saudi Golf through the PIF increase the number of LET Aramco series tournaments and purses are high enough. ...they have the resources to do this. Do you think all the world's best players will continue to play on the LPGA if they can earn as much or more money on the LET? 

It's only two letters long, but it holds tremendous significance.  

Meaning, we will see what happens if they do indeed target women's professional golf.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AKL Kiwi said:

The premier grouping is Lydia, Jeeno and Charley... hope their up to it at that time of the morning though.

The live streaming won't start until 11:00 PM your time; that won't be easy for you.  The best way is to sleep from 5:00 PM and wake up to follow Lydia, what will you do?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, AKL Kiwi said:

I will try to do better! ....now back to this tournament.

That may be the premier group but I'm sure all eyes will be following Dimmock, Muni, and Cowan group 😅

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, 18majors said:

The live streaming won't start until 11:00 PM your time; that won't be easy for you.  The best way is to sleep from 5:00 PM and wake up to follow Lydia, what will you do?

Lydia tees off at 5.21pm local time here so she should be finished her first round by the broadcast timeslot. Would have been perfect if they were covering the morning wave live as well. Round 2 she will be live in the feature group I expect. I don't have a Spark Sport subscription and the LET YouTube is geo-blocked here but it should be on my usual Golf Channel livestream website. 

Free entry if you can get there...

https://arab.news/n4g8n

I'm so glad this is the last tournament the media and commentators can use "teen sensation" or "just a teenager" every time they mention Jeeno as if she has just turned about sixteen.

Edited by AKL Kiwi
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AKL Kiwi said:

@JungleJimbo Beth Anne Nichols likes to bring controversial issues up all the time it helps her social media...how influential can a players opinion be who is ranked 256 in the world.

@AKL Kiwi Perhaps ... albeit Meghan MacLaren has developed quite a following amongst the golfing media folks (and fellow pros?) for her writing/ social media posts.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/meghan-maclaren-discusses-epson-tour-lpga-blog-writing

https://golf.com/news/meghan-maclaren-pro-golf-leading-writer/

https://nolayingup.com/blog/young-hitters-welcoming-meghan-maclaren

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/news/articles/detail/player-blog-meghan-maclaren/

• Thanks 1

I'm not going to try to pick a winner this week....far to many possibilities. There are a few very talented players from the KLPGA thrown in with some of the best from the LPGA with the LET's Linn Grant looking their best chance. Word is it's going to be windy all days but not extreme with a chance of a shower today only. I would not be surprised if someone gets off to a hot start and the rest of the field spend the next three rounds chasing them down. Such a shame there is no coverage of the back end of the morning round hopefully we see some highlights at the start of the live coverage. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AKL Kiwi said:

I'm not going to try to pick a winner this week....far to many possibilities. There are a few very talented players from the KLPGA thrown in with some of the best from the LPGA with the LET's Linn Grant looking their best chance. Word is it's going to be windy all days but not extreme with a chance of a shower today only. I would not be surprised if someone gets off to a hot start and the rest of the field spend the next three rounds chasing them down. Such a shame there is no coverage of the back end of the morning round hopefully we see some highlights at the start of the live coverage. 

I also like to see some play from the players before picking winners.  I do expect their form to be on point, maybe just needing to dial some things in, with the LPGA really getting underway next week.  At the tournament of Champion's, I'm not sure how tuned in everybody was, with a month off between events.  I think it's show up and hope you play well and cash a guaranteed check.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AKL Kiwi said:

Tough indeed to pick a winner this week. I'm not going to get too cute, but I would choose Lexi, Jeeno, or Lyds to W.  I expect big things from Hae Ran Ryu on the LPGA circuit this season, I'll pencil her in for a top 10 here. And of course a nice payday for Annie, maybe she can even parlay into an Aramco sponsorship!

• Like 2