2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Bgt Brava users

Z1ggy16

I finally got around to testing a Brava stiff shaft this weekend and compared it to my Autoflex 505x. I LOVE the Autoflex and was really interested in giving the Brava a try. From my putting it in play this weekend, I can safely say these shafts are not even close to feeling or playing the same. The best way I can describe the AF505x feel is that of a whip. It feels like it has a somewhat firmer butt section (compared to the rest of the shaft) and gets softer in the middle all the way down towards the tip where it firms up again. The overall profile is obviously very soft but you can feel where it bends after the grip and feels like your traditional "Blueboard" type profile.

The Brava on the other hand feels completely the opposite. The butt end feels incredibly soft, like it's bending under my hands in the grip, and then moves to a VERY stiff feeling mid section after the grip and returning back to a soft tip section. I wasn't really expecting this much of a difference between the two and it took an entire round for me to figure out the new timing required to make the Brava work. The only thing I can compare the Brava to in the way it felt was something like a softer version of the LAGolf Trono shaft or a traditional Whiteboard profile but with an overly stiff mid section and too soft of a butt and tip section. 

I got the hang of the Brava shaft after a while and could probably make it work but I don't like shafts that I have to make work and it never felt comfortable all day. Ball flight was pretty high (AF505x also has high ball flight) but the spin on the Brava was noticeably higher than what I'm getting with AF. With AF I hit high knuckleballs and with the Brava I was just hitting high spinners. Unfortunately I didn't have any sort of launch monitor but you could easily see the difference in the flight and how the balls reacted when they landed. I did hit a few good distance shots with the Brava and it does feel easy to swing given that it's very lightweight. 

I can see this shaft working well for some people if they are better at timing this sort of profile but I am not one of those people. I'd love to see what the actual EI bend profile of the Brava shaft looks like to see if it matches up with the way it felt while playing it. 

Also forgot to add that it was very easy to find the center of the club face w/ the Brava and I wore out the middle of the club face all day. The only problem was I felt I never had control over where the face was actually pointing at impact.  

• Like 2

I have the Stability shafts in two putters. Love them! Then, I put the ZINE wedge shafts in my PW, GW, SW and LW; hop and stop beelines for the flag!!

Intrigued by the Brava. BGT is about 20 minutes away from me, so there's a tug in that direction. when I was there for the putter fitting, they had some Adams irons (CMB's) with BGT iron shafts in them. Hit those, stable.

Not sure if there is a certain swing speed you need for the Brava?

12 minutes ago, Redpro said:

I have the Stability shafts in two putters. Love them! Then, I put the ZINE wedge shafts in my PW, GW, SW and LW; hop and stop beelines for the flag!!

Intrigued by the Brava. BGT is about 20 minutes away from me, so there's a tug in that direction. when I was there for the putter fitting, they had some Adams irons (CMB's) with BGT iron shafts in them. Hit those, stable.

Not sure if there is a certain swing speed you need for the Brava?

I was swinging 110 today and hitting the Brava fine. It actually gave my best numbers. I need the spin because I play lower spin heads and my AoA is basically 0. If I swung +4 I don't think the shaft would work.

I'm seeing if anyone here has actually stuck with it long term. It's pricey and like others say, very unique feeling. I worry that today my timing was working with it but that on most days maybe it won't. I'm used to playing ventus which is nothing like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Z1ggy16 said:

I was swinging 110 today and hitting the Brava fine. It actually gave my best numbers. I need the spin because I play lower spin heads and my AoA is basically 0. If I swung +4 I don't think the shaft would work.

I'm seeing if anyone here has actually stuck with it long term. It's pricey and like others say, very unique feeling. I worry that today my timing was working with it but that on most days maybe it won't. I'm used to playing ventus which is nothing like this.

Timing is everything

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/10/2023 at 2:44 PM, 03trdblack said:

I finally got around to testing a Brava stiff shaft this weekend and compared it to my Autoflex 505x. I LOVE the Autoflex and was really interested in giving the Brava a try. From my putting it in play this weekend, I can safely say these shafts are not even close to feeling or playing the same. The best way I can describe the AF505x feel is that of a whip. It feels like it has a somewhat firmer butt section (compared to the rest of the shaft) and gets softer in the middle all the way down towards the tip where it firms up again. The overall profile is obviously very soft but you can feel where it bends after the grip and feels like your traditional "Blueboard" type profile.

The Brava on the other hand feels completely the opposite. The butt end feels incredibly soft, like it's bending under my hands in the grip, and then moves to a VERY stiff feeling mid section after the grip and returning back to a soft tip section. I wasn't really expecting this much of a difference between the two and it took an entire round for me to figure out the new timing required to make the Brava work. The only thing I can compare the Brava to in the way it felt was something like a softer version of the LAGolf Trono shaft or a traditional Whiteboard profile but with an overly stiff mid section and too soft of a butt and tip section. 

I got the hang of the Brava shaft after a while and could probably make it work but I don't like shafts that I have to make work and it never felt comfortable all day. Ball flight was pretty high (AF505x also has high ball flight) but the spin on the Brava was noticeably higher than what I'm getting with AF. With AF I hit high knuckleballs and with the Brava I was just hitting high spinners. Unfortunately I didn't have any sort of launch monitor but you could easily see the difference in the flight and how the balls reacted when they landed. I did hit a few good distance shots with the Brava and it does feel easy to swing given that it's very lightweight. 

I can see this shaft working well for some people if they are better at timing this sort of profile but I am not one of those people. I'd love to see what the actual EI bend profile of the Brava shaft looks like to see if it matches up with the way it felt while playing it. 

Also forgot to add that it was very easy to find the center of the club face w/ the Brava and I wore out the middle of the club face all day. The only problem was I felt I never had control over where the face was actually pointing at impact.  

image.png.83c215204c138428765eaa38e1d3b8f6.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m in the 54g S in the driver(Ping G430 10K) and the 58g X in the 3 wood(Ping G430 LST). It’s also a rocket in the 5 wood turned down as well. I don’t think I’ve ever had this much control + height + carry distance in this head and shaft combo. I’d also like to try it in a 7 wood setup.