UST Dart V iron shaft

cw1209

1 hour ago, animalgolfs said:

Plant city strawberry festival? OH man, i miss that

yes, it is a huge turnout this year evidently. Great crop of berries also, we have been eating a lot since the grandaughter is a fan. $7  for a 2 lbs box the price up like everything else.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

$Taper 130 v Dart V 105. As these are probably still a bit under the radar for many I doubt we'll get many 1:1 comparos, but maybe TXG/CC will have a second round of their flagship graphite vids or Matty will do an in-depth vid on his channel and we can see them up against Axioms.

Probably will give both a go next time I build a set, but Axioms will have to be pure magic to be worth going from $75 a shaft to $125 when the Dart's seem to perform super well for everyone so far.

I give up, cannot find the dart 105 in any fitting cart in the 3 big box atores within 60 miles, so in true wrx fashion I ordered the irons with the 105 f4 straight in. If they prove to be too much I will Soft  step them myself.

I did find a dart 95 f5 in a srixon crossover something or another and hit it, I could feel it load and kick so figure the F4 105 might be just fine. Who knows the srixon was a longer shaft but still felt good.

• Like 1

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

On 3/5/2024 at 3:22 PM, Grouchykona said:

I play Recoil 95 f4 in my irons and want to go with 105g in my wedges. 

Without trying them and if ordering blind, would you recommend:

Recoil Dart 105 f4, Dart V f4 or Dart V TSPX Concept Wedge flex?  

so confusing. . . 

I had been playing recoil 95 f4 in my irons for years, switched to dart 105 f4 last year.  
Here’s what I do with my wedges that you might want to try.

I go heavier but same flex in PW and Gap wedge, so recoil 110 f4 wedge flex.  
I almost never swing full out with SW and LW and play a lot of half swing and touch shots. 
so both of those are shafted with recoil 110 f4 8 irons shafts and but trimmed to your length. This also known as soft stepping. So it plays like a regular flex shaft, extra weight feels better and smooths out swing for half swing and feels shots.  Also on close to full swings creates slightly lower launch and generates a lot more backspin.  Essentially you are taking a normal shaft and creating a spinner wedge shaft.  I have tested mine against kbs spinner shaft and mine spun significantly more, about 800rpms

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Playin36 said:

I had been playing recoil 95 f4 in my irons for years, switched to dart 105 f4 last year.  
Here’s what I do with my wedges that you might want to try.

I go heavier but same flex in PW and Gap wedge, so recoil 110 f4 wedge flex.  
I almost never swing full out with SW and LW and play a lot of half swing and touch shots. 
so both of those are shafted with recoil 110 f4 8 irons shafts and but trimmed to your length. This also known as soft stepping. So it plays like a regular flex shaft, extra weight feels better and smooths out swing for half swing and feels shots.  Also on close to full swings creates slightly lower launch and generates a lot more backspin.  Essentially you are taking a normal shaft and creating a spinner wedge shaft.  I have tested mine against kbs spinner shaft and mine spun significantly more, about 800rpms

Thanks. Was gonna do something similar but seems like Recoil 110’s are discontinued. Most likely gonna go with Dart 105 F4’s when time for new wedges. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 6:30 AM, BoomerSooner6 said:

I just got fit into a set of Mira TC 201 with the DART V 105X. I didn’t go in expecting a setup like that but the results were hard to argue with. As far as the shaft goes, it gave 2MPH more in clubhead speed than any other and a tighter dispersion. I don’t have launch monitor data back yet but I can tell you clubhead speed was 100.2 MPH, 196 carry, 205 total. I’d been in KBS 130x prior, but the 105 just felt better than the axioms or anything else. Happy to update after clubs are received. Just edited to add foresight data.

IMG_4960.jpeg

Is this data from 6i or 7i? Any feedback on them so far?

I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has hit the UST Mamiya Dart V 120s and especially on how they compare to the likes of PX and C-Tapers, I have always played 125-130 gram steel shafts and have played PX 6.5 for a few years but following a couple of recent wrist injuries I am considering trying graphite iron shafts for the first time, yesterday I got to hit a clubmate's Callaway Apex CBs with Fujikura Axiom 125s and really did not like them so now I am looking at alternatives and would like to try the UST Mamiya Dart V 120s.

On 3/29/2024 at 1:56 AM, ARSM1932 said:

I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has hit the UST Mamiya Dart V 120s and especially on how they compare to the likes of PX and C-Tapers, I have always played 125-130 gram steel shafts and have played PX 6.5 for a few years but following a couple of recent wrist injuries I am considering trying graphite iron shafts for the first time, yesterday I got to hit a clubmate's Callaway Apex CBs with Fujikura Axiom 125s and really did not like them so now I am looking at alternatives and would like to try the UST Mamiya Dart V 120s.

Fellow PX 6.5 player here - haven't changed iron shafts in 15 years. Fitter handed me the UST Dart V 120 F5 (X flex) to try - I had no idea what I was swinging, never heard of this shaft, didn't even know UST made iron shafts. But I was in disbelief at the results - screenshot below of 6 consecutive 6 iron swings (T100 head), no shots edited out.

STD DEV of 1.4yd front-back carry and 43 RPM!!!! Fitter and I were both blown away - I've never produced numbers this tight with my gamer irons. PX produced STD DEV of 3.6yd carry and 330 RPM for reference, albeit across 15 shots instead of 6. 

Feel of this UST shaft is very satisfying - stable, still one piece, but less boardy than PX. Much easier to feel the shaft loading and unloading. Also made my T100 irons feel a bit softer (vibration dampening??). Only reason I haven't purchased yet is because I haven't decided whether to re-shaft my current irons or buy a whole new set.

image.png.a6b6810d13ec380b6bb6f828b48ac46d.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pb_n_joe said:

Fellow PX 6.5 player here - haven't changed iron shafts in 15 years. Fitter handed me the UST Dart V 120 F5 (X flex) to try - I had no idea what I was swinging, never heard of this shaft, didn't even know UST made iron shafts. But I was in disbelief at the results - screenshot below of 6 consecutive 6 iron swings (T100 head), no shots edited out.

STD DEV of 1.4yd front-back carry and 43 RPM!!!! Fitter and I were both blown away - I've never produced numbers this tight with my gamer irons. PX produced STD DEV of 3.6yd carry and 330 RPM for reference, albeit across 15 shots instead of 6. 

Feel of this UST shaft is very satisfying - stable, still one piece, but less boardy than PX. Much easier to feel the shaft loading and unloading. Also made my T100 irons feel a bit softer (vibration dampening??). Only reason I haven't purchased yet is because I haven't decided whether to re-shaft my current irons or buy a whole new set.

image.png.a6b6810d13ec380b6bb6f828b48ac46d.png

Thanks very much, those are very impressive numbers and based on my 7 iron numbers our speeds must be quite similar, I am now even more interested in trying the dart V 120 F5s especially after hearing your thoughts of how well they felt and performed for you, I have a set of Cobra King CBs which I absolutely love so buying a new set of irons is a no-no for me but I really need to consider purchasing a 7 iron shaft to test extensively in my current 7 iron.

• Like 1