UST Dart V iron shaft

cw1209

6 hours ago, ButcherButters said:

Has anyone seen any other colors released for the Dart V? This popped up yesterday, couldn’t resist from snagging them at the price they listed. 

Tried different key words trying to search for anything other than the all black, highly doubt counterfeiters would have produced it by now. I should have them by Monday or Tuesday

IMG_9679.jpeg.b7c2b32be9d3d264edcae981ec9ed049.jpegIMG_9678Copy.jpeg.e646467ef74f0a29e672674d1bcaee18.jpeg

That's a lovely design, would be worried about the white easily wearing though. More so than the black

I know UST used to have custom color options for Recoils, so maybe they have the same option for the Dart V. I just saw some custom painted Recoil Dart's on another forum.

Srixon Z545 8.5° - Attas 11 7S
Honma TW747 3HL (16.5°) - Tour AD-IZ 7S

Honma TW747 7 wood - Attas 5 GoGo 7S

Honma TW-X 3 iron - Vizzard 85S (alternates with LW)

4-PW 2015 OnOff Forged Kuro - AMT Tour White X100 SSx2

50°-08 - Fourteen RM-4 - AMT X100
56°-10 - Fourteen RM-4 H grind - AMT X100
64°-10 - Callaway Jaws Full Toe Black - Dynamic Gold Spinner (alternates with 3 iron)

Piretti Cottonwood II, 375g - KBS GPS, P2 Aware Tour

Grips - Star Sidewinder 360

Maxfli Tour Yellow

Vessel Player III - Iridium

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 12:55 AM, ButcherButters said:

Has anyone seen any other colors released for the Dart V? This popped up yesterday, couldn’t resist from snagging them at the price they listed. 

Tried different key words trying to search for anything other than the all black, highly doubt counterfeiters would have produced it by now. I should have them by Monday or Tuesday

IMG_9679.jpeg.b7c2b32be9d3d264edcae981ec9ed049.jpegIMG_9678Copy.jpeg.e646467ef74f0a29e672674d1bcaee18.jpeg

Where’d you find these?

Anyone know the swing weight difference with the lagolf L-series? 

Ping G430LST w/ TPT 14HI 
Ping G430 Max w/ synergy green 80tx
Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
Callaway TCB w/ LAgolf L-series 5
Titleist SM8 50/56  W/ LAgolf

Callaway Jaws Raw 60Z /Kbs 610
Axis 1 Rose model 35.5''
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)

On 12/16/2023 at 9:13 AM, Ger21 said:

I know UST used to have custom color options for Recoils, so maybe they have the same option for the Dart V. I just saw some custom painted Recoil Dart's on another forum.

From that other thread....yes, looks like a custom finish is available through certain dealers 

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

Anyone playing DG Tour Issue X100 make the move to Dart V 120 F5? If so, what are your thoughts? Do they play stiffer? Currently have X100 in my KZG ZOs and would like to change to a little bit lighter weight shaft and these seem like they'd be a good fit. 

I hit quite a bit of shots in the simulator so I think graphite would be nice to help with long term wear and tear. Plus I love my Recoil Dart in my Utility Iron. 

I played the S400, then the MMT, and now Darts… for what it's worth, I think you may find F4 hard-stepped is going to be about where that X100 is.

YMMV, but the F4 is straight in nearly what everyone else calls X (Not 'tour x' though)

• Like 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

On 1/3/2024 at 12:00 AM, karstens_ghost said:

I played the S400, then the MMT, and now Darts… for what it's worth, I think you may find F4 hard-stepped is going to be about where that X100 is.

YMMV, but the F4 is straight in nearly what everyone else calls X (Not 'tour x' though)

Do I recall that you were in MMT 105tx softstepped? And now 105 F4 straight in?

The 105tx SSx1 in my 4i can get going left in a hurry, but maybe that's a profile thing. Torn on Dart V 120 F4 or F5 ssx1.

My WITB

Cobra Darkspeed LS 10.5º -1º | Tour AD VF 6x

TBD | LIN-Q M40x Blue 7F5

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus Rescue 19.5º | Tour AD IZ 95x

Srixon ZX Utility 4i | MMT 105tx

Titleist T150 | Modus 115x

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack 50º & 54º | DG TI S400

Cleveland RTX Full Face 58º |  Modus 125 Wedge

Toulon Garage Las Vegas H7 | KBS CT Tour

Ball: TP5x or Prov1

59 minutes ago, STank724 said:

Do I recall that you were in MMT 105tx softstepped? And now 105 F4 straight in?

The 105tx SSx1 in my 4i can get going left in a hurry, but maybe that's a profile thing. Torn on Dart V 120 F4 or F5 ssx1.

This is correct; that's what I have. I would advise you to go F4 for two reasons.

1. If in any doubt, go for the softer shaft. The F5ss1 is going to be still considerably stiffer.

2. If you have a 4 iron going left, it's likely from a pull or exaggeration trying to get more out of it. Happens to me a lot, and I can feel it before the ball is 10 feet away from me. If it was the shaft, which it isn't, it would be that it was "too weak", and it was coming through the ball too quickly. That's not the case for me at all, and I doubt it's yours. In fact, that's why I switched away with my 4-iron to the icrossover. It gets me the 185m I want without feeling like I have to step on it.

I have an i210 4-iron with that MMT TX in it. I have hit some bombs with it, but for me it was stock shots that also tend to go left. Slightly get out of kinetic sequence, and that's the consequence. Put it on full blast, and that thing would fly… but there wasn't much call for it. It sort of limited itself to a good driving iron, but it was too short to be a good driving iron because it was going too high.

Anyhow, since you're asking, I suggest the F4 straight in, no adjustments. I'm pretty sure you'll find it's not much different. Whenever I take my Blueprints for a spin, the shafts are always feeling the same to me. Even the crackle that happened in recoils is fully gone and worn in with the Darts.

• Thanks 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

• 1 month later...

Just shafted up some irons with some Dart V 90 F4 stiff, and first impressions are very positive!

They feel more stable than the standard Recoil 95 for sure despite being slightly lighter weight. Impact is also very crisp compared to other more muted graphite shafts.

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST ◆◆◆  / Tour AD HD  

4wood - Cobra RadSpeed / Tour AD IZ

Hybrid - Callaway Apex / Tour AD DI 

Irons - Cobra Forge Tec  /  Dart V 90  

Wedges - Cleveland RTX 6  52 / 58 

Putter - TM Spider X   Ball - Titleist AVX

(posted this question on another thread but may be more appropriate here)

There seems to be 2 different 105g wedge choices in the Recoil Dart V line available out there. One seems to be a dedicated “wedge” flex shaft.

What’s the difference between getting the Recoil Dart V F4  in wedge length

https://www.ustmamiya.com/tspx/irons/dart-v/

-vs-

This dedicated “Wedge flex” Dart V?  Is this more of a soft stepped “spinner” type shaft?

https://www.thegolfclubtrader.com/products/ust-mamiya-dart-v-tspx-concept-wedge-shaft-355-taper-tip

1 hour ago, Grouchykona said:

(posted this question on another thread but may be more appropriate here)

There seems to be 2 different 105g wedge choices in the Recoil Dart V line available out there. One seems to be a dedicated “wedge” flex shaft.

What’s the difference between getting the Recoil Dart V F4  in wedge length

https://www.ustmamiya.com/tspx/irons/dart-v/

-vs-

This dedicated “Wedge flex” Dart V?  Is this more of a soft stepped “spinner” type shaft?

https://www.thegolfclubtrader.com/products/ust-mamiya-dart-v-tspx-concept-wedge-shaft-355-taper-tip

I was told they're going for the "X100 irons, S400 wedges" idea. So the wedge shafts are just slightly heavier and softer, within each weight class. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 2:23 PM, KGolfCT said:

hey, sorry for the delay. I’ve played px 6.0 and 6.5 and ctapers. Tried the px lz to see if that would help with the wrist pain, but no luck. 

When I got fit, I tried 105 up to 120 weight graphites. I would say the LA golf was 2nd place, MMT in heaviest weight x flex in 3rd, Axiom last place. 

the 120 weight in the Dart V was instantly the most consistent performer and the flex felt the closest to steel without the vibration on miss hits. I would say i could still tell where I was missing it on the club face, but it wasn’t super obvious initially. I can follow up once I get them on the course for a couple rounds.  

where did you get a fitting like that? I can’t seem to find a place to hit the 105x and 120x options.

13 hours ago, Amarsuperstar said:

where did you get a fitting like that? I can’t seem to find a place to hit the 105x and 120x options.

Club Champion

Cobra Aerojet 9° Project X Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.0 60g 

Titleist TSR3 15° shaft Aldila Rogue White 130 80s 

Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19° Fujikura Atmos Blue 8s

Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-GW UST Mamiya DART V 120 F5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° MID 10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 58° MID 10 DG KBS Tour Custom Series

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

I mean, everything is basically TBD... 🙂

On 2/21/2024 at 10:00 AM, Trippels said:

I was told they're going for the "X100 irons, S400 wedges" idea. So the wedge shafts are just slightly heavier and softer, within each weight class. 

I play Recoil 95 f4 in my irons and want to go with 105g in my wedges. 

Without trying them and if ordering blind, would you recommend:

Recoil Dart 105 f4, Dart V f4 or Dart V TSPX Concept Wedge flex?  

so confusing. . . 

Edited by Grouchykona

I haven't hit the V wedge - if it plays like the Recoil Proto W - should produce a soft feel. I agree standard Dart 105 F4 would be top choice. 

Just depends on what you're looking for - full shots or flighted/ greenside

• Thanks 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

Playing PX io 5.5 now and considering the dart 105, they do not offer F3 in that weight so would SSx1 or even SS×2 get me close flex wise. 

I have not looked the EI info so no idea if it will be a drastic change in feel, it the past I have not particularly liked the recoil feel so that has me worried and tough to find in a fitting cart at all.

Callaway Smoke Max 10.5 GD AD VF 6s

Titleist TSR 2 16.5 GD AD UB 7s

Titleist TSR 2 21 GD AD DI 8x

Callaway APEX Pro / CB  4-11 PX IO 5.5 

Callaway full toe 54* PX IO  6.5

Callaway full toe 58* PX IO 6.5

SLED # 1  35.5

6 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Playing PX io 5.5 now and considering the dart 105, they do not offer F3 in that weight so would SSx1 or even SS×2 get me close flex wise. 

I have not looked the EI info so no idea if it will be a drastic change in feel, it the past I have not particularly liked the recoil feel so that has me worried and tough to find in a fitting cart at all.

I had to soft-step Project X Catalyst 100 6.0 shafts twice to get them more playable. I tried SSx1, but launch was a little low.

With the Dart 105 F4, first I tried SSx1, and that was fine. Not too soft or not too stiff. That said, I ended up with straight in and no SS. I don’t find the Dart 105 F4 particularly stiff.

In reality, if you can pull off PX 5.5, you could probably pull off straight in with the Dart 105 F4. Upshot though, if you want to err on the side of softer rather than stiffer, I think SSx1 with the Dart 105 F4 would suit you well. YMMV.

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

28 minutes ago, jeffrey r said:

I had to soft-step Project X Catalyst 100 6.0 shafts twice to get them more playable. I tried SSx1, but launch was a little low.

With the Dart 105 F4, first I tried SSx1, and that was fine. Not too soft or not too stiff. That said, I ended up with straight in and no SS. I don’t find the Dart 105 F4 particularly stiff.

In reality, if you can pull off PX 5.5, you could probably pull off straight in with the Dart 105 F4. Upshot though, if you want to err on the side of softer rather than stiffer, I think SSx1 with the Dart 105 F4 would suit you well. YMMV.

Thank you that is very helpful, I played Catalyst 100 6.0 SSx1 for 4 or 5 different sets. Loved that shaft, its a shame they stopped making them.

Oddly enough I found the taper tip Catalyst to feel much better than the .370, might have been the build.

Edited by Jim53

SLED # 1  35.5

2 hours ago, Jim53 said:

Thank you that is very helpful, I played Catalyst 100 6.0 SSx1 for 4 or 5 different sets. Loved that shaft, its a shame they stopped making them.

Oddly enough I found the taper tip Catalyst to feel much better than the .370, might have been the build.

Yep, the Catalyst 100 is an awesome shaft. Really can’t believe they discontinued it. I have those in a set of Apex 21 irons, and I could easily game that set again anytime. Love those shafts.

If you can handle the Catalyst 100 SSx1, you can absolutely handle the Dart 105 F4 straight in. Doesn’t mean you wouldn’t prefer them soft-stepped, but you can handle straight in. They’ll never feel like rebar like Steelfiber i95 stiff or something like that. I find MMT 105 stiff to be similar—firm and stable, but not rebar.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

4 minutes ago, Amarsuperstar said:

You didn’t feel like the heavy swingweight at CC changed the feel/flight too much? Did you go with heavy swingweights in your set?

They were able to keep it at D2, swing weight felt good, we didn't have to adjust it at all during the fitting.

Cobra Aerojet 9° Project X Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.0 60g 

Titleist TSR3 15° shaft Aldila Rogue White 130 80s 

Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19° Fujikura Atmos Blue 8s

Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-GW UST Mamiya DART V 120 F5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° MID 10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 58° MID 10 DG KBS Tour Custom Series

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

I mean, everything is basically TBD... 🙂

I just got fit into a set of Mira TC 201 with the DART V 105X. I didn’t go in expecting a setup like that but the results were hard to argue with. As far as the shaft goes, it gave 2MPH more in clubhead speed than any other and a tighter dispersion. I don’t have launch monitor data back yet but I can tell you clubhead speed was 100.2 MPH, 196 carry, 205 total. I’d been in KBS 130x prior, but the 105 just felt better than the axioms or anything else. Happy to update after clubs are received. Just edited to add foresight data.

IMG_4960.jpeg

Edited by BoomerSooner6
Add image
  • Like 1

I realize everyone is different in the way a shaft acts, but it is concerning in some posts above it was said the 105 f4 plays closer to x. I am going on a hunt today to the PGA SS and hope they have it in a fitting cart, doubtful but you never know.

SLED # 1  35.5

8 hours ago, Jim53 said:

I realize everyone is different in the way a shaft acts, but it is concerning in some posts above it was said the 105 f4 plays closer to x. I am going on a hunt today to the PGA SS and hope they have it in a fitting cart, doubtful but you never know.

I really believe it's how you deliver the clubhead....I'm very smooth and 90s w/driver 7i/147yds - I torque where others swing at much higher ss. They perform & feel just fine for my swing

• Like 2

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

Well my attempt to try to find them today failed, it is a hour drive in normal traffic but the Strawberry Festival is on this week and the main hwy was a parking lot so I got off at the 1st exit. 

Maybe next week, or I will just order blind SSx1 and wing it. 

Edited by Jim53

SLED # 1  35.5

14 minutes ago, Jim53 said:

Well my attempt to try to   find them today failed, it is a hour drive in nomal traffic but the Strawberry Festival is on this week and the main hwy was a parking lot so I got off at the 1st exit. 

Maybe next week, or I will just order blind SSx1 and wing it. 

Plant city strawberry festival? OH man, i miss that

9 Clubs Sunday Bag