UST Dart V iron shaft

cw1209

On 10/1/2023 at 1:39 PM, ParadiseGolf said:

@KGolfCT what shaft was your gamer prior to this? Another 120g I’m assuming?

I play best with 120g steel shafts like LZ 6.0 or Amt white; did you just keep the same weight category when going into graphite? 

hey, sorry for the delay. I’ve played px 6.0 and 6.5 and ctapers. Tried the px lz to see if that would help with the wrist pain, but no luck. 

When I got fit, I tried 105 up to 120 weight graphites. I would say the LA golf was 2nd place, MMT in heaviest weight x flex in 3rd, Axiom last place. 

the 120 weight in the Dart V was instantly the most consistent performer and the flex felt the closest to steel without the vibration on miss hits. I would say i could still tell where I was missing it on the club face, but it wasn’t super obvious initially. I can follow up once I get them on the course for a couple rounds.  

Cobra Aerojet 9° Project X Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.0 60g 

Titleist TSR3 15° shaft Aldila Rogue White 130 80s 

Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19° Fujikura Atmos Blue 8s

Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-GW UST Mamiya DART V 120 F5

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 54° MID 10 Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore 58° MID 10 DG KBS Tour Custom Series

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

I mean, everything is basically TBD... 🙂

Very pretty. 

• Thanks 1

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

1st thoughts coming from i59 Recoil 110F5 ssx1 into i210 Dart V 105F4 straight in 

Definitely can feel the DART technology right from the 1st swing- way easier to swing IMO- tip is still quite firm but the middle/handle really comes alive.

Don't know if the i210 or V - I was able to hit a pin that required precision using i59/110 and hit it with ease using i210/V. Even on a cool, windy evening - I can feel the kick

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

8 hours ago, animalgolfs said:

1st thoughts coming from i59 Recoil 110F5 ssx1 into i210 Dart V 105F4 straight in 

Definitely can feel the DART technology right from the 1st swing- way easier to swing IMO- tip is still quite firm but the middle/handle really comes alive.

Don't know if the i210 or V - I was able to hit a pin that required precision using i59/110 and hit it with ease using i210/V. Even on a cool, windy evening - I can feel the kick

Thanks for the report. I’d love to try the Dart V, but the regular Dart 105 F4 is outstanding. Stiff and stable, but smooth and with a little kick. Very consistent. Less boardy than Steelfiber. Slightly more feel than MMT 105. Home run by UST IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ping G430 Max 9* Driver, GD Tour AD VR-6 S

Callaway ‘23 Great Big Bertha 3 Wood, GD Tour AD VR-7 S

Callaway Paradym 18* Super Hybrid, Aerotech Steelfiber fc75 Hy f4

Callaway Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrids, Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 80 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HM Irons 6-GW, MMT 105 S

Taylormade Milled Grind 4 Wedges 54*/11 and 58*/11, MMT 105 TX (ss1x)

Odyssey O-Works #7CH Putter

1st day on the course with the Dart V shafts. Performed great, was able to flight them when needed. Only had 1 awful strike off the toe that gave me some discomfort. No wrist pain otherwise or after the round. Remarkably the launch angle and lowish shot height remind me of the PX shafts I've played over the years, but without feeling boardy. Was able to generate a smidge more speed without the shots ballooning. Just need to get my new distances down now that I am playing the i230s at the stock loft/lie, but pretty close to my stock numbers right out of the gate.

• Like 2

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

Well, played a few rounds with with Dart V 105 F4s, also hit the range a few times, and something is off.

I put them in a set of Apex TCBs, that I had only played a few rounds with before, they had DG 105 S300s.  Had been playing a Srixon mixed set before with KBS TGI 90s, and before that standard Recoil 95 F4s for several years in various Srixon mixed sets.   The TCBs with the DG were launching sort of low, a tad bit shorter than my Srixon's, but pretty much as expected, plus they were -1/4 inch from what I was playing.   Had a couple of good rounds with them, but felt my elbows were a little bit sore, and was noticing the slightly shorter shafts, thought I would go back to recoils and give them a try. 

Was really looking forward to the Dart Vs.   But I just can't seem to get any consistency, actually hitting them noticeably shorter, and dispersion left and right was worse,  and the weight just seemed off, checked the SWs and they all came in about D1/D2 as expected, but they felt light in my hands, and really light if I choked up at all, like they were counter balanced.  And they felt really, really stiff, if I didn't swing all out they just didn't seem to go anywhere, like I wasn't loading them at all..... I know the TCBs are weaker lofted than my Srixons, but not what I was seeing on the course. 

Overall, not what was expecting, I only demoed the Dart Vs in a Maltby head that was similar to my Srixon's, it was the TS3, which felt nothing like the TCBs, I could feel the shaft "kick" like I have always felt with any Recoil shaft I have had, I just don't feel that in the TCBs.   Maybe I just wasn't hitting them solid.  I will give them some more time, one thing that has changed is our temperatures have dropped from Mid 90s to mid 60s, but still.  I took out the Srixon's this past weekend and hit them just as expected, a bit shorter due to lower temps, but not 15 yards shorter with a 7 iron.....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

50 minutes ago, Mike_C said:

Well, played a few rounds with with Dart V 105 F4s, also hit the range a few times, and something is off.

I put them in a set of Apex TCBs, that I had only played a few rounds with before, they had DG 105 S300s.  Had been playing a Srixon mixed set before with KBS TGI 90s, and before that standard Recoil 95 F4s for several years in various Srixon mixed sets.   The TCBs with the DG were launching sort of low, a tad bit shorter than my Srixon's, but pretty much as expected, plus they were -1/4 inch from what I was playing.   Had a couple of good rounds with them, but felt my elbows were a little bit sore, and was noticing the slightly shorter shafts, thought I would go back to recoils and give them a try. 

Was really looking forward to the Dart Vs.   But I just can't seem to get any consistency, actually hitting them noticeably shorter, and dispersion left and right was worse,  and the weight just seemed off, checked the SWs and they all came in about D1/D2 as expected, but they felt light in my hands, and really light if I choked up at all, like they were counter balanced.  And they felt really, really stiff, if I didn't swing all out they just didn't seem to go anywhere, like I wasn't loading them at all..... I know the TCBs are weaker lofted than my Srixons, but not what I was seeing on the course. 

Overall, not what was expecting, I only demoed the Dart Vs in a Maltby head that was similar to my Srixon's, it was the TS3, which felt nothing like the TCBs, I could feel the shaft "kick" like I have always felt with any Recoil shaft I have had, I just don't feel that in the TCBs.   Maybe I just wasn't hitting them solid.  I will give them some more time, one thing that has changed is our temperatures have dropped from Mid 90s to mid 60s, but still.  I took out the Srixon's this past weekend and hit them just as expected, a bit shorter due to lower temps, but not 15 yards shorter with a 7 iron.....

Interesting. I wouldn't consider myself a long hitter. With a power spec i230, 6 iron was around 88mph and 175-180 yards normal swing, low 90s and closer to 190 yards if I stood on it a bit. I put the Dart V 120g F5 in and the same 6 iron at normal loft was getting identical distances with maybe 150-200 more spin. Was nice to go back to semi-traditional lofts and have the same distances but with a little more backspin control and holding greens easier. The swing weight is at D3 and feel pretty smooth. The 105s I hit during the fitting I seemed to over swing a ton and felt way too light. Maybe try going up on the weight to the 120g? I also think the MMT and Axiom in the higher weights, 125g?, were good, but the Dart V was a noticeably better fit for my swing.

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

42 minutes ago, KGolfCT said:

Interesting. I wouldn't consider myself a long hitter. With a power spec i230, 6 iron was around 88mph and 175-180 yards normal swing, low 90s and closer to 190 yards if I stood on it a bit. I put the Dart V 120g F5 in and the same 6 iron at normal loft was getting identical distances with maybe 150-200 more spin. Was nice to go back to semi-traditional lofts and have the same distances but with a little more backspin control and holding greens easier. The swing weight is at D3 and feel pretty smooth. The 105s I hit during the fitting I seemed to over swing a ton and felt way too light. Maybe try going up on the weight to the 120g? I also think the MMT and Axiom in the higher weights, 125g?, were good, but the Dart V was a noticeably better fit for my swing.

The guy who put my irons together has a younger guy who works with him.   I talked to him when I took my irons in to check the weights, he plays really stout shafts, I think he said he was playing C-Taper 130s before.  He built a set for himself with the Dart V 120g F5 in a some Heywood heads, and he sort of had some similar comments like I did, that he felt he really had to go after the ball or else he didn't feel like the shaft was loading, he thought the Dart Vs 120 F5s were playing stiffer than his X flex C-Tapers....

I might try experimenting with some lead tape on a couple heads to bring the SW up a notch and see if they feel better.....

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Titleist TSR2 5 wood C1 setting, Tensei 1K Black 75

Matlby TS3 4-5, Matlby TS4 6-GW, Recoil Dart V 105 F4

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 54, 60

Spider Tour S CB 38 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

Not gonna add much - these are super smooth, though. I'm changing iron heads, so that sorta distorts my impressions. 

So far - super super consistent on carry distance....very easy to swing coming off Recoil 110 - that's my main assessment- just super easy to swing straight

• Like 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

35 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

Not gonna add much - these are super smooth, though. I'm changing iron heads, so that sorta distorts my impressions. 

So far - super super consistent on carry distance....very easy to swing coming off Recoil 110 - that's my main assessment- just super easy to swing straight

I'm having the same experience. Smooth and closest to the center line during the fitting. What heads have you put them in?

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

11 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

Flighted 9 irons into 15mph wind - made my afternoon - these just swing so easy

These like a solid tempo golf swing - if you get quick - they get weird, at least for me

They also can take a boatload of spin off if you hold them quietly enough. I successfully hit a 9-iron knuckleball last night. Went rolling on the green, which is something I only see on fliers. Just hold it like nothing.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg 410LST 9º (TourX) RogueST 3D (ADDI 6X) [OMG what?], 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

1 hour ago, autronicdsm said:

I came to the same conclusion.

Two range sessions in and I can confirm this as well.

…also a very high flight, for me.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

Played every day since Wednesday- ABSOLUTELY perfect weather - 

So my thoughts on quick are evolving- I'm more in line with proper hinge & release. If I get the dreaded straight line to the ball beginning my downswing- that is where I mess these up. Nice full arc downswing and they perform but as soon as I get quick to the ball...they have no feeling of Dart hinging.

So it's my swing - duh! I won't tell ya about my 8i that lipped out from 137 🤬

• Like 1

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

• 2 weeks later...

i210 & 105F4

I have stumbled upon the straightest iron/shaft combo. Even the dreaded pull hook ends up as a straight pull. And gasp, I can even hit a very subtle fade. 

Spin is plenty- not high launch - combo is straight, bad swings included. Pretty straight forward in the wind - even 30mph gust

So far, pleasantly surprised 

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

25 minutes ago, animalgolfs said:

i210 & 105F4

I have stumbled upon the straightest iron/shaft combo. Even the dreaded pull hook ends up as a straight pull. And gasp, I can even hit a very subtle fade. 

Spin is plenty- not high launch - combo is straight, bad swings included. Pretty straight forward in the wind - even 30mph gust

So far, pleasantly surprised 

So awesome. I've been wanting to buy an i230 7 iron to try this combo. 

I will say the Dart V 105 in the 923 HMP is straight flying also. I get more curve on the Dart V 105 in 923 HL. 

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

11 hours ago, youngunz5840 said:

I just put KBS $ taper 125 in my t100s black irons and not a fan of them coming from modus 120x I will have to check these out as I like my LAGP L series but as others have said sometimes you have to work hard to get them to work 

The mat black finish on the Dart V would look sharp with the black T100. 

• Like 1

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

Just got the t100s dart v 120 f5(x) built. I hit a few balls in the garage with a stiff back and these still felt amazing. It’s a trip how stable they are but load really smooth. Not loose at all. I am going to hit the course with them this week and excited to see how they feel on grass. Only thing I need to figure out is what grips to run. I have been playing plus4 and the white and purple would look great with these but they get gif in midsize IMG_3740.jpeg.cba5426ba49a5039f7489837b8254ab6.jpegIMG_3742.jpeg.b458d6f2e488dd9a04133c54f248affa.jpeg

• Like 1

Anyone compare the Dart V 120 to the LA Golf L series yet in same weight?

PING G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

Titleist TSR2 15 Tensei 1K Black 75S

Titleist TSi2 18 Ventus Velocore Red 7S

PING G430 #5 Hybrid HZRDUS RDX Red 6.0 

Artisan FC 5-7 Axiom 105S

Artisan HC 8-PW Axiom 105S

Artisan 50S and 54S Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM8 raw 58-12D Dynamic Gold S200

PING Custom PLD Anser X stainless/Oyster

1 hour ago, bosgolfer said:

Anyone compare the Dart V 120 to the LA Golf L series yet in same weight?

I have. LA Golf was very similar, Dart V won out with dispersion for me personally. It was a close though 2nd. Almost the same carry, spin, distance. 

Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 DB

Taylormade TP5x

1 hour ago, KGolfCT said:

I have. LA Golf was very similar, Dart V won out with dispersion for me personally. It was a close though 2nd. Almost the same carry, spin, distance. 

I have both as well. The LAGP swingweight lighter which might not be good for most. The dart v seem to load easier 

1 hour ago, youngunz5840 said:

I have both as well. The LAGP swingweight lighter which might not be good for most. The dart v seem to load easier 

And weight tolerances are so tight with the Dart. All within 1g for my set of 105s. My L series weight tolerances were not close to that. 

• Like 2

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Sim Max 12° Speeder NX 6s
Sim2 Max 15°
Ping G410 21° 
Ping G425 22°/25°
Ping G430 6-PW AWT Stiff
Ping Glide 3.0 GW/SW

Ping Eye 2 XG LW

Thank you all for the replies!

PING G430 LST 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 6S

Titleist TSR2 15 Tensei 1K Black 75S

Titleist TSi2 18 Ventus Velocore Red 7S

PING G430 #5 Hybrid HZRDUS RDX Red 6.0 

Artisan FC 5-7 Axiom 105S

Artisan HC 8-PW Axiom 105S

Artisan 50S and 54S Dynamic Gold S300

Vokey SM8 raw 58-12D Dynamic Gold S200

PING Custom PLD Anser X stainless/Oyster

• 1 month later...

Has anyone seen any other colors released for the Dart V? This popped up yesterday, couldn’t resist from snagging them at the price they listed. 

Tried different key words trying to search for anything other than the all black, highly doubt counterfeiters would have produced it by now. I should have them by Monday or Tuesday

IMG_9679.jpeg.b7c2b32be9d3d264edcae981ec9ed049.jpegIMG_9678Copy.jpeg.e646467ef74f0a29e672674d1bcaee18.jpeg

• Like 2