Toulon Garage - Anyone ordered recently?

ike31197

I inquired about a DB Vegas at the Garage because one was available last week, and when I went to order this week only the 4.5 and 7 (slant) were the available heads.  I e-mailed Callaway to see if there were any available, and if not, when the DB might be available.  The response I received, was...strange.  I could be off base, but the tone of the e-mail seemed like the rep was frustrated with whatever is happening.  Callaway has a nice thing going there, hopefully they get their house in order.  Below is the response I received if you're interested. 

"

Hey xxxx,

Sorry but the Garage has had issues within the last year.  I don’t have a great answer as to when it will be back up with that putter.  Just have to keep an eye on the site.

xxxx xxxxxx

Sales Representative

Callaway Golf | Odyssey | Toulon | Ogio

9013 Tuscany Way, Building 1, Suite 110  |  Austin, TX 78754"

Odyssey/Toulon has so much potential if they could just properly run the Garage correctly. Ping PLD program is running laps around them and I am a huge Odyssey fan. 

• Like 2
:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 75tx) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (Tensei AV Raw Blue 85tx)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

It's sad. I hadn't really been in the market for a putter in a few years and I was pretty much out of the loop on what most manufacturers were doing. After a little research, The Toulon Vegas checked almost every box for me.  I rolled a few models and was impressed with so much so I decided to pull the trigger on a new custom Garage Vegas with a site dot and black fill instead of the standard line.  My experience trying to buy one has been disappointing to say the least, and it's even more disappointing that other people are seeing the same struggles.  IMHO, Callaway has something special if they just put in a little more effort.  They have something that could rival anything any other OEM is doing right now, but they're failing.  I hope they right the ship instead of letting it sink.  I picked up a stock Vegas off CPO for a great price and love the thing, but still want to order one with a site dot.  

7 hours ago, RH82 said:

Callaway/Odyssey is really turning me off as of late. Not just what you mentioned but my own personal dealings.

They’ve been great to me and I’ll always look to order from them or TM first, BUT this TGarage stuff chaps my a**.  I mean, I’m willing to spend $700 on one of their putters but can’t because they don’t have their s*** together.  There are bound to be plenty of others in my situation.  They’re throwing away revenue.  Dumb. 

• Like 1

Based on the number of Toulon Design and Toulon Garage putters available on the Odyssey website, I would not be surprised if the Toulon lines disappear from the market. It looks like the design and marketing money is going toward the Odyssey line of putters. I love the Atlanta, Portland, and Palm Beach models but appears they are no longer available.

• Sad 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

8 hours ago, TM_HOYER said:

Based on the number of Toulon Design and Toulon Garage putters available on the Odyssey website, I would not be surprised if the Toulon lines disappear from the market. It looks like the design and marketing money is going toward the Odyssey line of putters. I love the Atlanta, Portland, and Palm Beach models but appears they are no longer available.

That's kind of the impression I'm getting.  I've noticed more LN Toulons showing up each day on CPO as well.  Very disappointing, seems like a great idea with extremely poor oversight and execution.  Wish I'd have known about the Garage when it was hitting on all cylinders, if it ever was?  I have to say, I'm extremely happy with the quality, feel and appearance of the DB Vegas I bought off CPO, but still really want one with a site dot instead of the line.      

What's weird though is that the week before I tried to order a DB Vegas, there were the DB and H4.5 hosels available.  Then I went to order, and the DB hosel was gone but the H7 (which isn't even listed on Toulon's hosel guide site) was there?  Seems strange, almost like it's a supply chain or inventory issue.  That said, their communication is atrocious. It's like they've given up.  If they are planning on continuing, they should be communicating what's going on, but at this point like I referenced in my original post even front line sales reps seem to be frustrated.  Not a good sign...

Curious, Toulon being under the Callaway umbrella, have you contacted Callaway/Toulon directly? The do have pretty decent CS, so if you do send them an email or call - they may well be able to see what can be done (or give you some idea).

2023 has been an incredible year for Callaway Golf - maybe they have outstanding orders vice one offs that need attention.

14 minutes ago, jaw2k9 said:

Curious, Toulon being under the Callaway umbrella, have you contacted Callaway/Toulon directly? The do have pretty decent CS, so if you do send them an email or call - they may well be able to see what can be done (or give you some idea).

2023 has been an incredible year for Callaway Golf - maybe they have outstanding orders vice one offs that need attention.

Yes, I've contacted them.  The e-mail response I received is above.  Phone calls have yielded pretty much the same although in person commentary is less candid but just about as useful...

I can't get answers, I'm not sure they have them.  Likely decisions are being made (and not shared) above anyone who I've been able to talk to. 

Anyway, none of this is to trash them. I genuinely love the putters they're making, I just want to buy one lol.   

• Like 1