2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

NFL Weekly Picks 2023

touch

56 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight_ said:

PHILLY AND THE BUCS IN A SHOOTOUT ON THE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SHOWDOWN!!!

You didn't state it but did that last one mean you now want the Over in PHI/TPA? or are you staying with your original Under Pick? 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs 

2 hours ago, touch said:

Great take @TheDarkKnight_.

I ask if your are changing a Pick you post it please in concise fashion.

For example. 

Pick change. 

LP I am dropping my Houston Pick and instead will take the Over in the game. 

I am getting lost in your last 2 posts because of the large sized font you use with pastel colors. 

Colors are fine, look at how I post most of mine with colors. There is color but it is bold and to the point.

I'm glad you are part of the group Newbie Dark Night and I am not wanting to offend you. I just want you to be more main stream regarding the fashion in which you make your posts.

Thanks 

Is this better this way touch? I also am just wondering did my picks get changed? I believe it says it was difficult to read. 

3 hours ago, TheDarkKnight_ said:

Is this better this way touch? I also am just wondering did my picks get changed? I believe it says it was difficult to read. 

Yes they were changed. 

8 hours ago, TheDarkKnight_ said:

I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT I AM MAKING CHANGES TO MY PICKS

BROWNS VS TEXANS IS GOING UNDER! UNDER! UNDER! NOT EVEN CLOSE!

A cold one in Kansas City you say? Give me the... OVER OVER OVER! OFFENSIVE SHOWCASE FROM MAHOMES AND TUA!!! THE DOLPHINS AND THE POINTS IS ALSO A FINE PLAY, SURE MOST MAY SAY

....BUT....

I WILL JUST TAKE THE OVER AND ENJOY THE FOURTH QUARTER HAVING ALREADY WON!

Pittsburgh and Buffalo in the blizzard that rocked the northeast? EASY!!!! I SAY UNDER 0-0 at the half!!!!

One thing you will never see me do is switch off of a play of act weird week. I say The Pack is taking this one home!!!! GIVE ME JORDAN LOVE THE NEW HOT THING IN A HUGE SHOWTIME MOMENT! FAVRE THEN RODGERS THEN LOVE!!!!

RAMS AND THE POINTS GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!!!

PHILLY AND THE BUCS IN A SHOOTOUT ON THE MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL SHOWDOWN!!!

I want to announce that all pastel colors on the palate have been outlawed in Las Vegas sweatshops and road signs where light is possible at least 6 hours a day.  Road signs must be easily legible with offsetting background and type with thick black font.  Anyone working at Google and X will be terminated immediately if a programmer is caught typing in piss-colored yellow after a lot of beer has been drunk to where it's almost clear with faint yellow from the fat molecules marinated after the greasy hot dog and pizza slices you bogarted from your generous friends at the local sports bar. 

Kudos to you for the fine selections of dark blue and hot pink, also the yellow in Showdown is legible, and for that feat a tip of the hat! The Chevy Vega green is not a bad choice either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, doctoro said:

I want to announce that all pastel colors on the palate have been outlawed in Las Vegas sweatshops and road signs where light is possible at least 6 hours a day.  Road signs must be easily legible with offsetting background and type with thick black font.  Anyone working at Google and X will be terminated immediately if a programmer is caught typing in piss-colored yellow after a lot of beer has been drunk to where it's almost clear with faint yellow from the fat molecules marinated after the greasy hot dog and pizza slices you bogarted from your generous friends at the local sports bar. 

Kudos to you for the fine selections of dark blue and hot pink, also the yellow in Showdown is legible, and for that feat a tip of the hat! The Chevy Vega green is not a bad choice either.

Funny stuff doc. You started my day with a howl ! 😅

Curbside Classic: Chevrolet Vega - Winner Of 1971 Small Car ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Terry Bradshaw signing an autograph for a young Jim Kelly.

May be an image of 2 people

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I just read where the Miami-KC game is only available with a subscription to Peacock. I won’t be watching. Bummer.

Yes indeed TL, and the NFL is getting a great deal of backlash over that decision. 

No playoff game should be streaming only or pay per view of any kind. Just yet another reminder for me that this country was far better back in the 60's,70''s , and 80's before corporate and individual GREED dramatically increased. ☹️ 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

I just read where the Miami-KC game is only available with a subscription to Peacock. I won’t be watching. Bummer.

... I got inadvertently lucky. Direct TV (and others) are in a dispute with Tenga and I haven't had NBC for about 2 months now. Got an email from Peacock a few weeks ago with a $19 a year deal and since some LPGA events are on Peacock only I subscribed. For the cost of 1/2 a round of golf I now get NBC from Peacock. 

• Like 2

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    CobraAerojet 16* 3 wood ... AD-IZ6r
Hybrids:    Cobra King Tec 19* ... MMT Hy70r
                  Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black Hy70r

Irons:        Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

Just now, chisag said:

... I got inadvertently lucky. Direct TV (and others) are in a dispute with Tenga and I haven't had NBC for about 2 months now. Got an email from Peacock a few weeks ago with a $19 a year deal and since some LPGA events are on Peacock only I subscribed. For the cost of 1/2 a round of golf I now get NBC from Peacock. 

My subscription tolerance has been maxed out, regardless of price. I won’t even sign up for free stuff and have been slowly trying to erase my online profile. Probably in vain. I don’t give out email or phone number any longer. Went to play pickleball at a new indoor center recently and they asked for email as part of the waiver. I wouldn’t give it to them. They relented and let me in.

I’m glad I never signed up for the current grab bag of social media outlets, like Insta, TikTok, X, etc. I have a FB account, but haven’t logged on in years. I set it to private and locked down as much as I could about a decade ago. I tried to delete it a couple of years ago, but couldn’t remember the password. Went to reset it and FB wanted a scan of my driver’s license to verify my identity. Hard pass. 

It’s not like I’m a prepper or conspiracy theorist. I’m just tired of the unabashed demand for personal info.

End of rant. 

• Like 3

Looks like BILLS game (NOT KC game) is moving to Monday.

"Breaking: New York Gov. Kathy Hochul says that Steelers-Bills will be postponded until 4:30 pm Monday"

Edited by nsxguy
  • Thanks 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Is it me or is the spread on the KC game to small at 4.5?

it should be like 20 points! 

Miami is going to go play in -30 wind chills? 

They gonna be crying like

will ferrell crying GIF

I just want to see the limbs literally falling off frozen solid with no blood as Taylor Swift cries in the booth upstairs.  Like Jack Nicholson in the Shining frozen in the hedge row

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Looks like BILLS game (NOT KC game) is moving to Monday.

"Breaking: New York Gov. Kathy Hochul says that Steelers-Bills will be postponded until 4:30 pm Monday"

Very interesting! I was thinking of switching to the under, but will have to see what the conditions are like on Monday.

9 minutes ago, doctoro said:

I just want to see the limbs literally falling off frozen solid with no blood as Taylor Swift cries in the booth upstairs.  Like Jack Nicholson in the Shining frozen in the hedge row

Ya, me want see white walkers show up and players anguished faces literally frozen 🥶 into masks of terror.

IMG_8861.jpeg

*but they thaw out after the game and suffer no permanent injuries of course 🤣

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

Gotta admire NBC for touting this game as "historic" because they are going to run it on Peacock.   So "historic" because they're gonna charge you to watch it.  That takes some large ones.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Triple Lindy said:

My subscription tolerance has been maxed out, regardless of price. I won’t even sign up for free stuff and have been slowly trying to erase my online profile. Probably in vain. I don’t give out email or phone number any longer. Went to play pickleball at a new indoor center recently and they asked for email as part of the waiver. I wouldn’t give it to them. They relented and let me in.

I’m glad I never signed up for the current grab bag of social media outlets, like Insta, TikTok, X, etc. I have a FB account, but haven’t logged on in years. I set it to private and locked down as much as I could about a decade ago. I tried to delete it a couple of years ago, but couldn’t remember the password. Went to reset it and FB wanted a scan of my driver’s license to verify my identity. Hard pass. 

It’s not like I’m a prepper or conspiracy theorist. I’m just tired of the unabashed demand for personal info.

End of rant. 

This was weird.  One time, I'm in some mom and pop pharmacy for a Covid shot and the dude filling out the papers wants to know my mother's maiden name.   WTF?  So I end up telling him it's Smith anyway, but not before it was obvious that I didn't want to tell him my MMN in the first place.   My wife naturally said that I was being an word not allowed, but I couldn't see any reason this guy would need that information.

Edited by dashanks
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, doctoro said:

This has been a special weather bulletin. 

... Speaking of, Tua from Hawaii and living in Miami is in for an eye opening (or frozen shut) night in Kansas City:

Tonight’s game starts at 7 p.m. CT. The air temperature at kickoff is forecast to be around 0 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill a bone-chilling -22 degrees, according to CNN Weather.

Sustained winds of 15 to 20 mph and gusts up to 40 mph throughout the game will only add to the misery. By the game’s end, the air temperature is expected to dip to -2 degrees with a wind chill around -23 degrees, meteorologists said.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bscinstnct said:

Is it me or is the spread on the KC game to small at 4.5?

it should be like 20 points! 

Miami is going to go play in -30 wind chills? 

They gonna be crying like

will ferrell crying GIF

C'mon bsc, you know what the lines are for.

The books generally seem to know what they're doing with the point spread. :classic_smile:

If they were getting huge bets on either side, the line would be moving.

As for betting on either team, the Chiefs have to play in that weather too. The frozen ball will be just as slippery for the Chiefs and the kicker's range will be lessened considerably.

The only really hard thing to figure on is how difficult it will be for players to adapt to the frigid conditions. On that basis, I can certainly understand favoring the Chiefs but let's face it, as QB Tua's had a much better year than Mahomes - at least in the games I've (partially) seen.

I'm sure, if I were watching it, which I won't be, it'd remind me of the Giants beating the Pack in the Ice Bowl in 2007(?)

Reed: Patrick, throw the damn ball.

Patrick: Sure. TO WHO ??? :classic_laugh:

Edited by nsxguy
  • Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

4 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

As for betting on either team, the Chiefs have to play in that weather too. The frozen ball will be just as slippery for the Chiefs and the kicker's range will be lessened considerably.

The only really hard thing to figure on is how difficult it will be for players to adapt to the frigid conditions. On that basis, I can certainly understand favoring the Chiefs but let's face it, as QB Tua's had a much better year than Mahomes - at least in the games I've (partially) seen.

... Having seen many of these games back in the day with the Bears and GB, the games are usually decided by mistakes. Fumbling in the cold and dropped passes play a major role. No way to tell which team will make the most mistakes until they do. Watching Tua this year as well as Hard Knocks he seems to play well or play poorly with no middle ground. I just don't see him playing well in these conditions but as we all know, anything is possible this year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

C'mon bsc, you know what the lines are for.

The books generally seem to know what they're doing with the point spread. :classic_smile:

If they were getting huge bets on either side, the line would be moving.

I'm sure, if I were watching it, which I won't be, it'd remind me of the Giants beating the Pack in the Ice Bowl in 2007(?)

Reed: Patrick, throw the damn ball.

Patrick: Sure. TO WHO ??? :classic_laugh:

That Giant team was bad @ss though. 
And NY is cold 

Miami guys walkin round flip flops and tank tops

The won’t even be able to breath and will get shut down hard. 

Is Mahomie space man 👽 playoffs yo!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Speaking of, Tua from Hawaii and living in Miami is in for an eye opening (or frozen shut) night in Kansas City:

Tonight’s game starts at 7 p.m. CT. The air temperature at kickoff is forecast to be around 0 degrees Fahrenheit with a wind chill a bone-chilling -22 degrees, according to CNN Weather.

Sustained winds of 15 to 20 mph and gusts up to 40 mph throughout the game will only add to the misery. By the game’s end, the air temperature is expected to dip to -2 degrees with a wind chill around -23 degrees, meteorologists said.

Put a $1000 on more FG's missed than made. 😀

Anyone else have a Pick change besides @doctoro ? 

Are everyone's Picks square for today's 2 games? 

Playoffs Picks 

Wild Card Weekend

imk            CLE/HOU Under  MIA/KC Under      PGH/BUF Under

GB/DAL    Under  LA/DET Under     PHI/TPA   Over

P3P          Cleveland             Kansas City          Pittsburgh DIP 

Dallas                   Detroit                  Tampa

chisag       Houston              Kansas City           Buffalo

Dallas                  Detroit                   Tampa

touch        Cleveland             Miami                     Buffalo

Dallas                   Los Angeles           Tampa

TL               Cleveland             Kansas City DIP     Buffalo

Dallas                   Los Angeles           Tampa  

DKnight   CLE/HOU Under   MIA/KC Over         PGH/BUF Under

Green Bay DIP      Los Angeles           PHI/TPA Over 

Hickory    Cleveland            MIA/KC Under DIP   PGH/BUF Under

GB/DAL Under     Los Angeles             PHI/TPA   Under

TaterT      CLE/HOU Under   MIA/KC Under         PGH/BUF  Under

GB/DAL  Under      LA/DET Under        PHI/TPA Under DIP 

NCL          CLE/HOU Under    Kansas City             PGH/BUF Under

Dallas                     LA/Det Over           Tampa

NJBF         Houston                Kansas City             Pittsburgh

Dallas                    Los Angeles DIP     Tampa 

QQQ          CLE/HOU Over     Kansas City DIP       Buffalo

GB/DAL Under      Los Angeles             Philadelphia

doc            Houston                MIA/KC Over           Buffalo 

Green Bay            Los Angeles             Philadelphia

CH             CLE/HOU Over     MIA/KC Under          Pittsburgh

GB/DAL  Over       LA/DET Over            Philadelphia

nsx            CLE/HOU Over     Miami                        Pittsburgh

Green Bay             LA/DET Over            PHI/TPA Over    

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Wild Card Weekend       

Lines For Picks 

Saturday Jan. 13

Cleveland -2 1/2            at               Houston                            44

Miami                             at               Kansas City -3 1/2            42 1/2

Sunday Jan. 14 

Pittsburgh                     at                Buffalo -10                        37 1/2 

Green Bay                     at                Dallas -7 1/2                     49 1/2

LA Rams                       at                 Detroit -3                          51 1/2 

Monday Night

Philadelphia - 2 1/2     at                 Tampa                                44