2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway 2X Bonus Trade-in Bonus Is Back

tanguy

37 minutes ago, Judge Smales said:

I used it twice. Easiest way to pull it off is just open a new account. I even called Callaway to verify that this would be ok and they had no issue with it. 

Yea, just to add on to this: I tried submitting a second trade using the same account and could not get the full bonus amount (I traded in $405 worth of clubs in my first trade, and they would only give me a max $95 bonus for my second trade, since there's a max of $500 per customer). Best way would be to just use another account, which is what I ended up doing for my second trade. 2nd trade just got completed with the full 2x bonus and no issues!

Did you guys get a email when your account was credited? They got my trade a few days ago and nothing yet. Understand they are slammed just curious 

Chris 

Tour Issue Cally Max LS With Ventus TR 7x Black
PXG 0341 gen 5 15 Ventus black 8x

PXG Gen5 DI X with Ventus blue 9tx 
Titlesist T100s with Fujikura Axiom 105x
Tour issue Vokey Raw SM9 51-55-61 Axiom 125X
Tour issue Odyssesy 2ball Or Circle T golo 3

1 hour ago, crsmith1234 said:

Did you guys get a email when your account was credited? They got my trade a few days ago and nothing yet. Understand they are slammed just curious 

Chris 

Yep, should be 7-10 days after they get it.

• Thanks 1

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

On 9/18/2023 at 1:33 AM, ASun862 said:

Yea, just to add on to this: I tried submitting a second trade using the same account and could not get the full bonus amount (I traded in $405 worth of clubs in my first trade, and they would only give me a max $95 bonus for my second trade, since there's a max of $500 per customer). Best way would be to just use another account, which is what I ended up doing for my second trade. 2nd trade just got completed with the full 2x bonus and no issues!

Thats good to hear, I heard a rumor that they are 'catching on to' second accounts trying to get the 2x bonus again who share the same address or card or etc, but we'll see. 

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

On 8/11/2023 at 4:51 PM, third-times-a-charm said:

lol i'm gonna trade my Paradym 5 wood right back to callaway for more than I paid for it during last months 2x promo and get a 3w instead.

...and more than anyone wants to buy it on ebay for.

Also have an epic flash head I can shaft up which will be worth more than what I can ebay it for.

Thanks Callaway.

Just to verify…. If I trade in two Paradym drivers ($250 trade in credit each) for a new Paradym TD I would get $1,000 trade in credit minus the $599.99 cost of the TD and then would be refunded or would it be a Callaway credit of the remaining $400.01 that i could then turn around and buy something from Callaway for $400.01 later after the trade ins were processed?

I know the purchase price of the TD would be immediate and then the 2x trade credit would be later but at the end of the process I would receive a $400 credit?

Edited by Radeon962

1 hour ago, Radeon962 said:

Just to verify…. If I trade in two Paradym drivers ($250 trade in credit each) for a new Paradym TD I would get $1,000 trade in credit minus the $599.99 cost of the TD and then would be refunded or would it be a Callaway credit of the remaining $400.01 that i could then turn around and buy something from Callaway for $400.01 later after the trade ins were processed?

I know the purchase price of the TD would be immediate and then the 2x trade credit would be later but at the end of the process I would receive a $400 credit?

The excess amount is included in the credit to your credit card or whatever you use to purchase the new club.  So I traded in around $900 worth of clubs and bought Paradym driver for $641 after tax. That was a charge to my card. I received a credit to my credit card for the $900 once my trade in was processed. 

Edited by ilikegolf26
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Radeon962 said:

Ummm yes it would be a credit I think but I'm not sure if the 2X promo allows you to go over the balance like that for a remainder credit. I would call CS to verify.

• Like 1

Fine print shows that there is a 1-club limit per club purchased for woods?

Promotion Rules: ©2023 Topgolf Callaway Brands Corp. Callaway and the Chevron Device are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Topgolf Callaway Brands Corp. *8/11/23 - 9/18/23 receive 2x trade-in bonus towards the purchase of Eligible Trade-Up Products: Paradym (Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons), Big Bertha ‘23 (Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons), Big Bertha REVA ‘23 (Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons), Reva Complete Sets. 2x Trade-In Bonus based on the current value of the Trade-In as listed on the current Rate Card. Trade values subject to condition guide as outlined. Woods: Limit 1 club Trade-In per club purchased. Iron Trades must consist of a min. of 6 irons/hybrids/wedges and a max. of 9 sticks per set purchased. Trade-In Value cannot exceed purchase value. Trade must be created within 5 days of purchase. Must show proof of purchase to receive Trade-In. Product must be returned to Callaway in order for credit to be applied. Up to $500 over the base value per customer. Receipt of new purchase required upon return with a note/receipt attached to clubs when shipped back. Customers can download a free prepaid shipping label via Callaway Connect (not available in Canada, customer is responsible for shipping costs). Trades must be received by 10/09/2023. Not combinable with other offers. Not redeemable for cash. Not transferable to any other products. Callaway reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time. Void where prohibited. Valid at participating, authorized retailers in the U.S. and Canada and only while supplies last. No substitutions. *#1 Winning Driver on 2023 PGA Tour claim based on PGA TOUR events from January 1, 2023 - August 10, 2023. EXCLUDES APEX, PARADYM STAR, SUPER HYBRID, GBB, ROGUE, and MAVRIK.

1 hour ago, Radeon962 said:

Fine print shows that there is a 1-club limit per club purchased for woods?

Promotion Rules: ©2023 Topgolf Callaway Brands Corp. Callaway and the Chevron Device are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Topgolf Callaway Brands Corp. *8/11/23 - 9/18/23 receive 2x trade-in bonus towards the purchase of Eligible Trade-Up Products: Paradym (Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons), Big Bertha ‘23 (Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons), Big Bertha REVA ‘23 (Drivers, Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Irons), Reva Complete Sets. 2x Trade-In Bonus based on the current value of the Trade-In as listed on the current Rate Card. Trade values subject to condition guide as outlined. Woods: Limit 1 club Trade-In per club purchased. Iron Trades must consist of a min. of 6 irons/hybrids/wedges and a max. of 9 sticks per set purchased. Trade-In Value cannot exceed purchase value. Trade must be created within 5 days of purchase. Must show proof of purchase to receive Trade-In. Product must be returned to Callaway in order for credit to be applied. Up to $500 over the base value per customer. Receipt of new purchase required upon return with a note/receipt attached to clubs when shipped back. Customers can download a free prepaid shipping label via Callaway Connect (not available in Canada, customer is responsible for shipping costs). Trades must be received by 10/09/2023. Not combinable with other offers. Not redeemable for cash. Not transferable to any other products. Callaway reserves the right to cancel this offer at any time. Void where prohibited. Valid at participating, authorized retailers in the U.S. and Canada and only while supplies last. No substitutions. *#1 Winning Driver on 2023 PGA Tour claim based on PGA TOUR events from January 1, 2023 - August 10, 2023. EXCLUDES APEX, PARADYM STAR, SUPER HYBRID, GBB, ROGUE, and MAVRIK.

Thats been in the fine print all summer and it hasnt been enforced

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 12:52 AM, Judge Smales said:

I used it twice. Easiest way to pull it off is just open a new account. I even called Callaway to verify that this would be ok and they had no issue with it. 

What if I checked out without an account and just used a different email?  Would my shipping address and payment method raise red flags?

21 hours ago, Radeon962 said:

They cap the 2x bonus at $500

14 hours ago, ilikegolf26 said:

What if I checked out without an account and just used a different email?  Would my shipping address and payment method raise red flags?

I was told "they are catching on to people doing this" - but I just did it with an alternate account using the same CC and address so we'll see what happens.

I even flip-flipped my trades in boxes and sent back trades from one order with the invoice from the other order LOL so I hope they dont look at it?

Either way, who knows, but I'm about to find out.

I just used a + email from gmail such as [email protected] to open the new address and used my wife's name but same shipping/CC info. Its actually legitimate as I used the 2X bonus for a Paradym X driver for her, and my account for standard non-X models for me. So, hope they dont make me argue with someone at Callaway 🤔

• Like 1

This is what I got back from Callaway…

Paradym drivers are worth $250 each. So $500 X2 gets you $1000 on trade. But to get $1000 in trade you have to spend at least $1000 on your order. It wont let you submit the order if you trade value is higher than the order total.

So how are some of you getting a credit when all is said and done?

16 minutes ago, Radeon962 said:

This is what I got back from Callaway…

Paradym drivers are worth $250 each. So $500 X2 gets you $1000 on trade. But to get $1000 in trade you have to spend at least $1000 on your order. It wont let you submit the order if you trade value is higher than the order total.

So how are some of you getting a credit when all is said and done?

Hypothetically, they were ordering items and returning them under Callaway's 30 day guarantee thing

• Like 1

I just received a Paradym TD 10.5* driver and Paradym X 4 hybrid yesterday. I traded a Rogue Max driver, Epic Super Hybrid and a couple of less expensive clubs I had laying around. I like both the new clubs which is a win.

I have a Paradym TD 9* I might trade in for another batch of stuff. I'm playing my first round with the 10.5* head tomorrow so I want to wait and see how it works on the course before I decide which one to keep. Either way I'll have another club I can trade in for $500 credit which is preferable to selling either head for the going rate of $325ish. I can also trade in my Rogue Max D 3 wood and get $170 in additional credit. 

I have a trade basket pulled up right now with those items in it.

I would likely get a Paradym X 3HL and a Paradym  X 3 hybrid to try. One or the other would probably slot perfectly between the 4h and my BRNR Mini Driver. The Rogue Max D 3 wood is in that spot now but it's not adjustable and my gapping is a little messy. 

I could also sell the spare Paradym TD with a shaft I already own for $450ish and pay for my upcoming golf weekend. That may be the best move of all. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

Every time I deal with Callaway.com or CallawayPreOwned I try to figure out their business plan and how Trade Up/Trade In and CPO fit into their strategy. 

Here's what is obvious: 

• Having CPO provides Callaway with a lot of opportunities for creative inventory management. If products are going stale in the warehouse they can put them on CPO in "like new" condition. It lets them stay aggressive on trade in and return policies. It provides them with useful data on pricing, turnover, value retention, etc.
  • It definitely boosts overall sales figures for Callaway Inc., and based on the fact that it exists after many years we can assume that it's profitable in its own right. 
  • It surely cannibalizes sales from Callaway's retail partners, especially those who sell online. Anyone who searches for a Callaway product is going to see the CPO link in their search results.

Here's what I wonder about: 

• Does the existence of CPO allow Callaway to play balance sheet games? For example, let's say they transfer inventory from the "new" channel to the "pre-owned" channel. Can they write off the value of the inventory immediately from the parent company's balance sheet in order to gain a tax advantage? Is that why the Paradym inventory suddenly showed up at CPO in the last couple weeks of the third calendar quarter? 🙂
  • Has the success of CPO had any impact on Callaway's relationship with major retailers like Dick's who buy enormous amounts of inventory from them? Have they adjusted wholesale prices to account for the fact that Dick's still has Mavrik woods on retail shelves when we're 4-5 product cycles past that line? 

Food for thought for we nerds at least. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

25 minutes ago, me05501 said:

Every time I deal with Callaway.com or CallawayPreOwned I try to figure out their business plan and how Trade Up/Trade In and CPO fit into their strategy. 

Here's what is obvious: 

• Having CPO provides Callaway with a lot of opportunities for creative inventory management. If products are going stale in the warehouse they can put them on CPO in "like new" condition. It lets them stay aggressive on trade in and return policies. It provides them with useful data on pricing, turnover, value retention, etc.
  • It definitely boosts overall sales figures for Callaway Inc., and based on the fact that it exists after many years we can assume that it's profitable in its own right. 
  • It surely cannibalizes sales from Callaway's retail partners, especially those who sell online. Anyone who searches for a Callaway product is going to see the CPO link in their search results.

Here's what I wonder about: 

• Does the existence of CPO allow Callaway to play balance sheet games? For example, let's say they transfer inventory from the "new" channel to the "pre-owned" channel. Can they write off the value of the inventory immediately from the parent company's balance sheet in order to gain a tax advantage? Is that why the Paradym inventory suddenly showed up at CPO in the last couple weeks of the third calendar quarter? 🙂
  • Has the success of CPO had any impact on Callaway's relationship with major retailers like Dick's who buy enormous amounts of inventory from them? Have they adjusted wholesale prices to account for the fact that Dick's still has Mavrik woods on retail shelves when we're 4-5 product cycles past that line? 

Food for thought for we nerds at least. 

I know Paradym products were 'in inventory' at CPO as early as June/July - just not for sale. Its most definitely a lot of customer returns and etc for mis-built or mis-specced clubs and etc under their 30-day guarantee.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, third-times-a-charm said:

I know Paradym products were 'in inventory' at CPO as early as June/July - just not for sale. Its most definitely a lot of customer returns and etc for mis-built or mis-specced clubs and etc under their 30-day guarantee.

Thanks for posting the phone # for Cole.  I just talked with him to process my purchase & trade.  Nice guy, knows what he is doing and transaction took less than 5 minutes and already have my purchase confirmation.

• Like 1

Trade in a Rogue ST LS 3HL and couple of other clubs for a Paradym TD 3 wood?

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

36 minutes ago, Boogs2 said:

Trade in a Rogue ST LS 3HL and couple of other clubs for a Paradym TD 3 wood?

Why not? Not much to lose unless it's a 3 you hit well consistently. Those can be tough to replicate if it don't work for you even in the same specs. 

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

Was gonna place an order with Cole, but asked if they cap the 2x bonus to one account and he said yeah.  Looks like I won't be trading anything in especially with previous posts saying they're cracking down on new accounts that use the same address or same card# etc. 

Driver: Who knows at this point smh

Titleist 917f2 13.5*

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI

On 9/26/2023 at 10:13 AM, third-times-a-charm said:

Hypothetically, they were ordering items and returning them under Callaway's 30 day guarantee thing

Sounds like if someone buys a club using trade ins then decides to go a different route have they just been doing the full refund back to the account without worrying about the trade in value stuff? Am I hearing that right?

26 minutes ago, Albatross Dreamer said:

Sounds like if someone buys a club using trade ins then decides to go a different route have they just been doing the full refund back to the account without worrying about the trade in value stuff? Am I hearing that right?

Don't they give you full credit (msrp price) on a gift card?  Like the 30 day guarantee deal.

Edited by sir_mike