Mix and match

MikeW2

Hello, I’m deep into an abyss trying to find a bag that’s built the way I’d like it set up. I’ve found a few that I like but it’s always one thing about it that I know I won’t be able to get past. I was looking at the Titleist 14 hybrid and it checks almost all my boxes. The big exception is the double straps and I don’t see an option to choose a single strap option. So now to my question, has anyone ever tried to see if the snaps from a different manufacturer that offers a single strap, like vessel, would be compatible with a different manufacturer bag? I’m fussy I know and pretty sure I’m looking for something that doesn’t exist.

Ping G425 12* set at the little - with a tour 2.0 65 stiff shaft

Callaway Steelhead III 18* 5W

Callaway Big Bertha Warbird 21* 7W

Ping G30 4-W, U, and S irons 

Ping Tour 60* wedge

Ping Karsten Craz-E putter

I have a Titleist Hybrid 14 (Sta Dry).  I haven't tried different straps.  The only knock on the bag is that I wish the pocket for the rangefinder was magnetic.  It is wide too.  That doesn't bother me, but it's a cart hog.

• Like 1

Ping G410 Plus Driver, TaylorMade Aeroburner 3W, Cobra F6 Baffler 
Callaway 2015 XR 4, 5 hybrids

Titleist 2021 T300 6-P, 48W, 53W irons

Ping Zing Lob wedge
Axis1 Rose putter

4 hours ago, brew4eagle said:

It looks like the 14 Hybrid has the clips for the straps to be taken off, and thus the Titleist single strap should pop right on those buckles.

I was hoping you would weigh in. The guy at Golfers Warehouse said only stand bag that Titleist offers with a single strap was the Linksmaster series and I didn’t see anything on their website during a quick search. Does a single strap for Titleist bags exist?

Also, while I have you, do you have any opinion/experience with the Callaway Fairway + or Fairway 14 bags?

Thanks!

Ping Tour 60* wedge

15 minutes ago, MikeW2 said:

I was hoping you would weigh in. The guy at Golfers Warehouse said only stand bag that Titleist offers with a single strap was the Linksmaster series and I didn’t see anything on their website during a quick search. Does a single strap for Titleist bags exist?

Also, while I have you, do you have any opinion/experience with the Callaway Fairway + or Fairway 14 bags?

Thanks!

Yes, I had ordered a Players 4 and a Players 4 Carbon at one point.  1 or both came with both the double and single straps that you could swap out with the 4 buckles.  I'd be surprised if you couldn't order a single strap thru an authorized retailer for like $30 or so.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

37 minutes ago, brew4eagle said:

Yes, I had ordered a Players 4 and a Players 4 Carbon at one point.  1 or both came with both the double and single straps that you could swap out with the 4 buckles.  I'd be surprised if you couldn't order a single strap thru an authorized retailer for like $30 or so.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Ping Tour 60* wedge

On 11/24/2023 at 4:46 PM, MikeW2 said:

Thanks!

I have last year’s Fairway 14 bag. I chose it to use on my ClickGear/V2 combo, and it serves that purpose pretty well. I don’t love how it sits on the cart, but it’s the best I’ve found. Love a 14 way divider, plenty of pockets, very stable. 

If you are looking for a bag to carry, though, it’s too heavy in my opinion. I went to Scotland this year and took a much smaller Titleist carry bag for the caddy’s benefit. 

2 hours ago, LPSISCO said:

I have last year’s Fairway 14 bag. I chose it to use on my ClickGear/V2 combo, and it serves that purpose pretty well. I don’t love how it sits on the cart, but it’s the best I’ve found. Love a 14 way divider, plenty of pockets, very stable. 

If you are looking for a bag to carry, though, it’s too heavy in my opinion. I went to Scotland this year and took a much smaller Titleist carry bag for the caddy’s benefit. 

Thank you for the feedback. I almost never carry anymore and I’m about 50/50 push or ride. I just can’t find a bag that doesn’t have something about it that I find annoying or disappointing. The only thing I don’t like about the Callaway bags is the external pedal to activate the legs, for some reason I don’t trust that type of system to be very durable. How has your experience been?

Ping Tour 60* wedge

I use the electric cart for 95% of my rounds, so the only time I even engage the external pedal for the legs is the 5% of the time I use a riding cart - during the process of putting it on and taking it off the cart. Otherwise it resides on my electric cart full time; my club has a large shed where we store the clubs/carts, so I don’t have to take it off every time I play. I just grab the battery and remote and bring them home to charge them. One of the reasons I bought the Fairway 14 was the ability to use it as a carry bag, just to carry it to the range at the club. But I don’t even do that, I have a Callaway Sunday bag that I keep in my shed parking spot as well for that purpose. I just grab 5-7 clubs and go, rather than having to take the bag off the cart. 

Soooo….very long answer to your question…..I haven’t had any issue with the legs, but I don’t really use them. It sounds like you won’t either, really. 

I would try to put the bag on your specific push cart before buying it to make sure you like the way it sits. The Fairway 14 is specifically made for that purpose, but I still need to optimize it. I don’t love the way it sits on my ClicGear with or without the bolster on the bottom.

7 minutes ago, LPSISCO said:

I use the electric cart for 95% of my rounds, so the only time I even engage the external pedal for the legs is the 5% of the time I use a riding cart - during the process of putting it on and taking it off the cart. Otherwise it resides on my electric cart full time; my club has a large shed where we store the clubs/carts, so I don’t have to take it off every time I play. I just grab the battery and remote and bring them home to charge them. One of the reasons I bought the Fairway 14 was the ability to use it as a carry bag, just to carry it to the range at the club. But I don’t even do that, I have a Callaway Sunday bag that I keep in my shed parking spot as well for that purpose. I just grab 5-7 clubs and go, rather than having to take the bag off the cart. 

Soooo….very long answer to your question…..I haven’t had any issue with the legs, but I don’t really use them. It sounds like you won’t either, really. 

I would try to put the bag on your specific push cart before buying it to make sure you like the way it sits. The Fairway 14 is specifically made for that purpose, but I still need to optimize it. I don’t love the way it sits on my ClicGear with or without the bolster on the bottom.

Appreciate the info!

Ping Tour 60* wedge