2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Koger Golf Bags

zlawson36

Has anybody had any experience with Koger Golf Bags from Sweden? They look beautiful and I am interested but other than a glowing review from Matt at PluggedInGolf, there’s not much out there. FWIW I am looking into the larger bag to carry a full set, not the small that Matt had reviewed. Any insights would be helpful. Thanks! 

Taylormade Qi10 10.5˚ Ventus Blue Velocore+ 

Taylormade Qi10 3W 15˚ KBS TD 

Taylormade Qi10 Tour 5W 18˚ KBS TD 

Ping G425 22˚H - KBS Tour Prototype

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Vokey SM9 54˚-10S and 58˚-08M KBS Tour

Spider Tour CB 38" or Lajosi Lawson Longneck Proto

Maxfli Tour X

Update - I bit the bullet and bought a Koger bag. I have an 8" Mackenzie Double Pocket that I love, but wanted to have another bag that is similar. My Mack is sentimental to me due to the custom nature, so I struggle to carry out in less than ideal conditions. The Koger bag is supposedly damn near indestructible and should offer a nice alternative to my Mack when it is wet and or muddy. 

FWIW - I also own a Vessel Players III that I enjoy, but it is more of my hybrid bag that I use if I ride....I walk with it sometimes for 9 hole rounds but it can get fairly heavy and I can feel the fatigue later in my rounds.

It'll be a 3-4 week TAT for the Koger bag to arrive from Sweden, but I will report back when I have some time with it.

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info and pics!  Looks awesome. Where did you put your towel?  How do you like the top divider set up?  Are the plastic zippers better than metal?

Was hoping they would run a black Friday deal but no dice.  But it does actually appear to be worth the price, build and materials look top notch. 

• Like 1

I just carried my towel, but I could’ve put it on top of my irons. There are also two loops on each side of the handle to clip things on. I was just being lazy. The loops were big enough to clip my GPS and wire brush on. The other side could’ve been used for a towel on a carabiner and maybe a JBL Clip speaker.

The plastic zippers are pretty heavy duty and offer a great seal. I don’t see a reason why they would wear out or have issues…but I can report on that later.

FWIW - they are raising their prices come the new year. So if you’re interested I would definitely jump on one. I do not regret my purchase. I’ve been carrying my 8 inch Mack most of the season, and am extremely happy to have something that can take a beating especially in the damp and cold season.

Edited by zlawson36
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

After sleeping on it, I wanted to give a more in-depth review:

For reference, I typically carry my bag about 75-80 times a year. I tend to not play when it is actively raining, but I will play even when the temperature drops into the 30s. Currently I have a Titleist Players 4 Carbon, Sun Mountain Metro Sunday bag, a 7 inch Mackenzie (nylon), and an 8 inch Mackenzie double pocket (nylon). I also have a Vessel Players III 14-way but that can be a little heavy to carry.

I absolutely adore my Mackenzie bags. I know that they are pricey, however, they are extremely comfortable and the fact that you can customize your bag any which way is fantastic. With that being said, I prefer nylon over the waxed canvas or leather due to price, and personally I like the feel of ballistic nylon. I am kind of meh on the Sun Mountain because the clubs sit funny in the dividers. I enjoy my Titleist bag due to the lightness and ease of carry especially in wet conditions. 

I ordered my Koger bag after reading PluggedInGolf's review of the smaller version of the bag. Matt had glowing things to say and I was extremely interested. I went ahead and placed my order on November 26th, and the bag was shipped on December 4th. It took 8 days to arrive from Sweden after getting stuck at the UPS customs hub in Germany for a few days. I was worried that the bag was stuck in transit and reached out to Johannes, the founder of Koger, and he was quick to respond and very helpful. A+ for customer service. Luckily, UPS just stinks at scanning packages. My package went from being in Koeln, Germany to on the UPS truck in Lexington overnight without any other scans. 

The first thing I noticed when I took the bag out of the box was the craftmanship. The material is something that I have not experienced in a golf bag. It is made from sailing materials so it is thick, durable, but also light. It is hard to explain, but it feels like an elephant trunk. The strap is easily adjustable, and I like that it does not need to be buckled and clipped on. It is attached to the bag and the adjustment tabs are responsive and very easy to change to get the bag balanced correctly for you. The zippers are a heavy duty plastic material that are also used in the sailing industry so they should withstand just about any abuse you throw at them. The seal on the pockets is strong and will definitely keep water out. 

I was able to fit my full set in the bag which includes 10 iron/wedges, 3 woods, and a putter (I play midsize grips and a normal pistol grip on my putter). The full set definitely was a snug fit, but I did not experience any tangling issues. Sometimes, I had to stand the bag up and apply a little pressure to get the club back into the bag, but it wasn't a bad experience by any means. There is one single divider at the top that is almost like a paracord material. It does a good job of keeping your covered clubs away from the irons. If you are OCD about your clubs being in a specific order in your bag, then a bag of this style is probably not for you, but to be honest, it doesn't really take away from the carrying experience. 

The bag carries extremely light and comfortable. The bag strap is the highlight of the show...it is not thick or bulky yet it offers a super comfortable carry. I also noticed that it stays secured on your shoulder and doesn't slide or feel like you are going to lose it. The texture of the strap is soft yet grippy sort of like shingles on your roof. 

If you want to enjoy a premium carry experience with a bag that is darn near indestructible I don't think you can go wrong. I cannot recommend Koger bags enough. FWIW I did pay for this bag out of pocket ($450 USD) and I was a little anxious that it was not going to meet my expectations. I can 100% say that this bag has blown me away....from the quality to the craftsmanship, if you are on the fence, here is your sign to pick one up. 

They are expecting to raise their prices in the new year, but even then, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if you have the expendable funds to do so.

Happy holidays!

Oh yeah and Koger is pronounced like Cougar. I was saying it wrong the whole time. 

Edited by zlawson36
  • Like 2

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

Thanks for taking the time to post this.  I hadn't seen this company before, and it looks really appealing to me for what I do when I'm at the lake place, first one out in the am, golfing with 8-9 clubs tops.  

Callaway Paradym 10.5* HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 3HL Paradym X HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway 7w Paradym HZRDUS Silver 5.5

Tour Edge C522 4 and 6 hybrids Fubuki HL 55R

Callaway 6-52* irons Paradym HZRDUS Silver 6.0

Callaway Jaws Raw 58* Catalyst Wedge

Odyssey 11 Triple Track SuperStroke Traxion 2.0 

The top of this bag is roughly 6.3” but I don’t really have much tangle. I may have to apply some force to get the clubs back in sometimes, but if I stand the bag up vertical before throwing it on my shoulder, everything tends to settle down. Club tangle irritates me, but this bag hasn’t made me feel irritated one bit, albeit I’ve only carried it for two 9 hole rounds. 

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

Super nice bag.  Really tempting.  FWIW, koger means quiver in Swedish.

Ping G425 Max 10.5˚

Ping G425 Max 5W 17.5˚
Ping G425 Hybrid 22˚
Titleist 714 AP2 4i-PW, XP105 
Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 54S
Ping ChipR
Ping Karsten Anser / TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback

Ping Hoofer Lite

Youth hockey lefties unite!

9 hours ago, Divot_Forensicist said:

I wish it had a water bottle holder. Otherwise, it looks perfect.

The pockets are large enough to fit a water bottle. I can fit my 1.5L water bottle in the large pocket, or my 0.75L in the smaller pocket. It’s a minor inconvenience if you want easy access, but personally not a deal breaker

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

You may be able to reach out to them on Insatgram. I was able to get free shipping but they create a code unique for you. Saves about $50 on shipping costs

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

I picked up a used Ping Moon-Lite bag for cheap to try on my walking 9's.  If I like it, I'm going to end up pulling the trigger on one of these bags for sure.  I couldn't just do it without KNOWING I would like that style though.....

27 minutes ago, goalie said:

I picked up a used Ping Moon-Lite bag for cheap to try on my walking 9's.  If I like it, I'm going to end up pulling the trigger on one of these bags for sure.  I couldn't just do it without KNOWING I would like that style though.....

That is a great idea. Some people absolutely hate carry bags. Which is completely understandable. But if you do enjoy it, you will be pleasantly surprised how a quality carry bag is. The moonlite bags are fantastic for the price point. I had one a while back and it is one of the best from the major OEMs.

• Like 1

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

14 minutes ago, zlawson36 said:

That is a great idea. Some people absolutely hate carry bags. Which is completely understandable. But if you do enjoy it, you will be pleasantly surprised how a quality carry bag is. The moonlite bags are fantastic for the price point. I had one a while back and it is one of the best from the major OEMs.

Yeah, I got a used one for $40 and figured I should try it out.  I threw in my "half set" and think I'll like it.  I didn't realize the strap "stands up" to make it easy to grab without bending over.  Mines in great shape, and it's the older 2 way top model.  

• 2 weeks later...

I am lucky enough to have a wife that gifted me a small Koger for Christmas. It is definitely an upgrade over my PING Moonlite. I have only carried it for 1 round and can already tell that it is going to last a very long time. My favorite part is the strap, once on your shoulder it will not move unless you want it to. The pockets are just the right size; I ended up having to take a layer off during my last round and I was able to roll it up and fit it in the smaller pocket. I was also amazed with how light it was, I didn't think anything could be lighter than my Moonlite.  

• Like 2

Just saw Hour Glass Clubs (formally Twirled Clubs) is going to be carrying these with a few customization options as well. 

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

On 1/3/2024 at 3:32 AM, Johannes said:

Hello everybody

Reading the kind words here warms my heart.

I can see there are some questions here I might be able to shed som light upon.

I’m Johannes, founder and co-owner of Koger Golfbags, and some of the things I’m writing about you can read on our website kogergolfbags.com but I’ll try to sum it up a bit.

The story begins with my desire to get a bag that meets all my ”wants and needs” since I couldn’t find anything like that on the market. A durable, lightweight and nice looking Sunday bag. After quite a few trials and errors I finally came up with the Koger bag.

Thanks for taking your time to read 🙂 

Have a great 2024

Johannes

Founder Koger Golf Bags

Any possibility that you will come out with an all black version of your bag and/or adding a water bottle sleeve?

Unfortunately the materials we’re using doesn’t come in black.

The question about a sleeve for a water bottle has been asked before. In our strive to keep the bag as clean as possible we’ve opted not to add an additional pocket or sleeve since we think there is room for a bottle in the larger pocket or if you prefer, use a carabiner and hang it from one of the hangers at the top. Having said that, who knows what the future may bring? But as for now we have no plans for a sleeve.

Toni, Koger

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ToniLarsson said:

Unfortunately the materials we’re using doesn’t come in black.

The question about a sleeve for a water bottle has been asked before. In our strive to keep the bag as clean as possible we’ve opted not to add an additional pocket or sleeve since we think there is room for a bottle in the larger pocket or if you prefer, use a carabiner and hang it from one of the hangers at the top. Having said that, who knows what the future may bring? But as for now we have no plans for a sleeve.

Toni, Koger

Thank you for the reply to my query.

Every time I see this title my mind thinks “Kroger” bag… 

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 8.0 HZRDUS 6.5
Ping G425 LST 14.5 Ping Tour 75X
Cobra King Tec 19.0 Tour AD DI-105 X
Miura AS-1 4-P Dynamic Golf Tour Issue X100
Mizuno T20 50,55,60 Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue
Scotty Cameron X5

@zlawson36 thanks for the review on these. I've been thinking about getting one for a few months and almost pulled the trigger in November. Didn't realize the price went up so I guess I shouldn't have waited! What's held me back was just getting some more info on them along with the PIG review. I have a few questions for you if you wouldn't mind...

How are you finding the light grey color with dirt? Does it stain at all?

Do you think the large pocket can fit a layer or two like rain jacket and rain pants? Did you get the large bag size?

Is the material more of a matte finish or have a little sheen to it? I was thinking about the blue color through Hourglass but the photos make it look a little shiny and plasticky... granted I don't think they are great photos. @Johannes and @ToniLarssonthanks also for jumping in on the thread. Is the material used for the blue the same as the other colors? I know you mentioned that you can't get black in the material.

They are really great looking bags and I'm getting ready to put in order in finally. I just can't decide between the light grey, white, or navy blue. I usually use a smaller Jones Player bag but also have a Seamus bag that my wife gifted me years back. The Koger design looks pretty ideal for a walker. 

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

@PNW I really like the light grey colorway. The material is such that it will not stain. You could probably throw it in a puddle of mud and if you used a damp cloth it would wipe clean no problem. The light grey is fairly subtle, more of an off white color, but I love the way it looks. the finish is more of a matte finish. Definitely not shiny or glaring in light. 

I have the large version of the bag. In my bag, I can fit 14 clubs with midsize grips and a traditional putter pistol grip. I can also fit my alignment sticks and if I really wanted another club but then it would be a little snug. In the large pocket I have fit an XL tall puffy vest from Eddie Bauer that I use on cold days, along with a pouch containing 9 balls, a handful of tees, my glove keeper, rangefinder, etc. In the small pocket I keep a 24 oz. hydroflask style bottle.

All-in-all this bag is great. After carrying it 10+ rounds the only complaint that I had was the shoulder strap will loosen a little over time so I just had to pull the adjustment piece to get it back to normal. I prefer carrying my Koger over the Mackenzie that I have, and I love the functionality and comfort that it offers. You should 100% consider purchasing one if you are on the fence, jump. You won't  regret it!

Edited by zlawson36

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X

@zlawson36 thank you! this is all really helpful. The Koger guys should see an order come through fairly soon going out to Seattle. I sail a bit around here and love the materials they chose. cheers

TSR3 9* - Diamana WB 63X

Mini Burner 13.5* - HZRDUS 4G 70 6.5

Cobra Radspeed Tour 5W - LAGP Trono 7S 

Mizuno Pro Fli-Hi 19* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

Srixon ZXU 4 23* - MMT 105 

ZX7 MKii 5-P - 120 X100

Fourteen RM 52/58 - Modus 125 Wedge

SC Champions Choice Newport 

@PNW Enjoy the bag. If you order one and end up not liking it, shoot me a message. I may need a second one, but I have no doubt you'll love it. 

• Thanks 1

PXG 0317T 5-GW KBS Tour

Maxfli Tour X