2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Callaway, I just can't... wait any longer!!

Oneon

I ordered Ai smoke TD with Denali blue TX shaft on Jan 27th, its not even being made because they said its the shaft restock problem. They already informed me with multiple shaft restock dates, the most upcoming restock date is today, 11st, so I just checked my estimated delivery date, being delayed AGAIN (I can't even remember how many times they delayed my order) until yesterday it was between April 15~19th, but now its April 29th to May 3rd... Is this normal? I have never ordered through the official website, my order date was almost the starting date of the preorder, which was on 26th, (I ordered right after the midnight passing Jan 26th,) if I haven't received mine because of the shaft, has anyone received Ai smoke driver with a Denali blue shaft??? I really think they should rather get rid of the Denali blue option for custom order.

Any advices or thoughts on this?? I really can't wait any longer because of my flight plan early May.. as a great fan of Callaway drivers, this is just so extremely disappointing.. What should I ask the customer service if I call them tmr? Please let me know if anyone has already received an Ai smoke driver with a Denali blue shaft.. Help!

TaylorMade Qi10 Fairway Tour 3-Wood w/ Mitsubishi Kaili Blue 7X

Titleist U505 3UI w/ Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 8X

Titleist T150 5i, 6i w/ Project X True Temper S300

Titleist T100 7i~Pi w/ Project X True Temper S300

Titleist Vokey Wedges SM10 52F, 56M, 60T w/ Project X True Temper S400

Callaway Ai-One Rossie S Putter 

It sucks, i’s be frustrated too, but you gotta remember Denali Blue (in TX flex) would otherwise be a ~$300 up-charge from other OEM’s. So it’s easy to understand why there might be a plethora of orders with that specific shaft

That being said, that’s a VERY long delay so maybe ask for some sort of gift-card for the hassle, or ask for a different premium shaft that would be an up-charge, idk 

Edited by mjo23
  • Like 1

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

Are you married to that shaft? Their customer service is usually great, i'm sure they could help advise ones with shorter LTs

If it's a shaft shortage, it's probably not really Callaway's fault, as mentioned above it's possible demand for it was way higher than anticipated. 

Kinda sucks though

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Posted (edited)

@mjo23Damn I should've read your comment before I made the call this morning, I never knew I could ask them for an upgrade with the shaft (hopefully to ventus tr?).. the customer service was nice, gave me a refund for the expedited delivery ~20CAD, they told me the restock date was again delayed one week, I told them I will wait another week and call them on 18th.. maybe I should definitely ask them for an upgrade to a more premium shaft if things don't work out next week.. Thanks for the advice! 

Edited by Oneon

2 minutes ago, Oneon said:

@mjo23Damn I should've read your comment before I made the call this morning, I never knew I could ask them for an upgrade with the shaft (hopefully to ventus tr?).. the customer service was nice, gave me a refund for the expedited delivery ~20CAD, they told me the restock date was again delayed one week, I told them I will wait another week and call them on 18th.. maybe I should definitely ask them for an upgrade to a more premium shaft if things don't work out next week.. Thanks for the advice! 

I have no idea if they’d actually do it, but it might as well be worth a try. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Tsi2 (10*) AV RAW Blue 65TX 45.5"

G425 Max (14.5*) Ventus Blue 7X 42.25"

Apex UW (21*) Ventus Blue 7X 41"

Zx7 4-AW Nippon 120X

RTX-6 56*-60* Nippon 120X

Posted (edited)

@MtlJeff To be honest, I would still be fine with Denali black 6X, or 7X, but I think it was because of that a week or 2 weeks of delays just before few days of estimated delivery time.. Felt like Im almost there every week because I only had to wait another week every time. I wouldn't have waited this long if I knew that I would be receiving my driver after 14weeks in Jan.. 🥲 But the curiosity is that since I ordered right after the midnight passing the first date of the preorder, I was wondering has anyone received Ai smoke with Denali blue? If I haven't, that means almost nobody got it.

Edited by Oneon

I had something similar with the Epic Speed driver that came out two cycles ago.  Can't remember what shaft I had ordered, but made a switch and it was shipped in a day with something that was available.

Last month I ordered a 4/5/6 Apex DCG and the 5/6 shipped within a week or so, but the 4 iron ordered on 3/21 is still outstanding.

• Like 1

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

8 hours ago, Oneon said:

I ordered Ai smoke TD with Denali blue TX shaft on Jan 27th, its not even being made because they said its the shaft restock problem. They already informed me with multiple shaft restock dates, the most upcoming restock date is today, 11st, so I just checked my estimated delivery date, being delayed AGAIN (I can't even remember how many times they delayed my order) until yesterday it was between April 15~19th, but now its April 29th to May 3rd... Is this normal? I have never ordered through the official website, my order date was almost the starting date of the preorder, which was on 26th, (I ordered right after the midnight passing Jan 26th,) if I haven't received mine because of the shaft, has anyone received Ai smoke driver with a Denali blue shaft??? I really think they should rather get rid of the Denali blue option for custom order.

Any advices or thoughts on this?? I really can't wait any longer because of my flight plan early May.. as a great fan of Callaway drivers, this is just so extremely disappointing.. What should I ask the customer service if I call them tmr? Please let me know if anyone has already received an Ai smoke driver with a Denali blue shaft.. Help!

I was in the exact same predicament as you but placed my order in March. I knew from the initial shipment date it proposed I knew a component is holding it up. 

After calling and finding out it was cause of the denali blue tx shaft I contemplated to choose another even tho i really wanted to have that shaft. First I went with the GD VF but after patience got the best of me and changed it a shaft to get me the club ASAP lol.

Ended up going with the denali black 6x tipped 1". Granted I have other shafts with all-fit adapters in them so I just wanted the head as quick as possible.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oneon said:

Denali Blue all flexes April 18th, wait it out 

Edited by Brooks_Cupcake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CactusGolf said:

I had something similar with the Epic Speed driver that came out two cycles ago.  Can't remember what shaft I had ordered, but made a switch and it was shipped in a day with something that was available.

Last month I ordered a 4/5/6 Apex DCG and the 5/6 shipped within a week or so, but the 4 iron ordered on 3/21 is still outstanding.

I think I decided my mind to wait another 7 days since I already passed the wait time worth changing to other shafts now haha

My fitter had the same problem like you the problem for him was that he was waiting for his 7 iron 😅 but still you must be impatient since a member of your iron family is left out.. We can do it!!

2 hours ago, Glock917 said:

I was in the exact same predicament as you but placed my order in March. I knew from the initial shipment date it proposed I knew a component is holding it up. 

After calling and finding out it was cause of the denali blue tx shaft I contemplated to choose another even tho i really wanted to have that shaft. First I went with the GD VF but after patience got the best of me and changed it a shaft to get me the club ASAP lol.

Ended up going with the denali black 6x tipped 1". Granted I have other shafts with all-fit adapters in them so I just wanted the head as quick as possible.

My choice would be the same, Denali black 6X 1 inch tipping 😃  if there is a problem with Blue restock next week again, or else, I might just wait out for the new Titleist driver coming in September later this year 😅 Hoping my problem to be solved next week because I really want the driver head ASAP too! 

• Like 1

Ordered a putter from Callaway on WED, it said ship in 5-7 days.  Also traded-in $290 worth of clubs no longer used.  Now my order says ship in August?!?  Think I'll wait for the trade-in check and then cancel (if really August) and find the putter elsewhere.  Pulling up same putter now it still says 5-7 days.

image.png.9bcc27b8485a59108ae915d5173826cb.png

• Sad 2

On 4/11/2024 at 9:22 AM, Brooks_Cupcake said:

Denali Blue all flexes April 18th, wait it out 

Almost.. there...

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2024 at 4:41 AM, dmbolp said:

Ordered a putter from Callaway on WED, it said ship in 5-7 days.  Also traded-in $290 worth of clubs no longer used.  Now my order says ship in August?!?  Think I'll wait for the trade-in check and then cancel (if really August) and find the putter elsewhere.  Pulling up same putter now it still says 5-7 days.

August..?? Damn how is that possible maybe because they are previous models? I got my Ai One Rossie S putter after like 4days since I ordered from their website 😅 I'm pretty sure they are really fast if they have it in stock..! Have you checked the newer #7 in Ai one series?

Edited by Oneon

Its the scheduled 18th, looks like aaaaaaanother delay with the restock, hopefully just 5 days this time, but starting to feel like a fool chasing for something thats unreachable. Would be the last delay before I need to choose to reschedule my flight or lose entire trust in both companies.

On 4/13/2024 at 7:41 AM, dmbolp said:

Callaway doesnt provide checks, it's credit to your order(s)

• Like 2

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

When I placed my order in March I received the backorder/restock issue, that said I was able to replace the shaft for the Diamana BF 6TX and it was delivered only a few days later, that said (like mentioned above, I was not going to be using the stock shaft) I already had the Ventus Blue TR 6TX for the last Paradym, so for me the shaft from Callaway didn't really would've made a difference, perhaps (and this may not be what you want) try another comparable shaft that may replace the one you want or unfortunately you'll have to wait it out, or perhaps go the other way and get the Titleist, sorry you had to go through this, I live my driver (even when I tried the Diamana shaft from Callaway, which works just as good)...

• Like 1

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

4 hours ago, Oneon said:

Its the scheduled 18th, looks like aaaaaaanother delay with the restock, hopefully just 5 days this time, but starting to feel like a fool chasing for something thats unreachable. Would be the last delay before I need to choose to reschedule my flight or lose entire trust in both companies.

It’s now April 25th on the components guide.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boricua Golf said:

When I placed my order in March I received the backorder/restock issue, that said I was able to replace the shaft for the Diamana BF 6TX and it was delivered only a few days later, that said (like mentioned above, I was not going to be using the stock shaft) I already had the Ventus Blue TR 6TX for the last Paradym, so for me the shaft from Callaway didn't really would've made a difference, perhaps (and this may not be what you want) try another comparable shaft that may replace the one you want or unfortunately you'll have to wait it out, or perhaps go the other way and get the Titleist, sorry you had to go through this, I live my driver (even when I tried the Diamana shaft from Callaway, which works just as good)...

The shaft of the order is the best shaft I will have, so waiting was the only option I had 🥲 I think Im very close to changing to Titleist, but the new one is launching in 5 months coming back from 2 year cycle, or considering the option from TGW.. 

8 hours ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Not anymore. Callaway is telling me now April 25th which is interesting considering that’s also the same day my AD-TP is supposed to be back in stock. If I were to guess they are just guessing on dates. 

Hmm I don't know why the guy told me 23rd when I called this morning, estimated time of shipping is not even close to an estimation if the date they provide is off this much..

8 hours ago, mobbarley said:

have you taken a look at this thread.. if any of the no upcharge options work for you.. 🤔

Thanks! Very interesting! Im guessing the price is in USD, I should call them tmr and if they say the driver will be here in 2 weeks, I should try this way..! Times running out even though I already waited 3 months 😂

7 hours ago, Brooks_Cupcake said:

It’s now April 25th on the components guide.

Its unbelievable I just couldn't have imagined that I wouldn't have received it until now, even after my flight plan, Im calling them tmr and need to make some changes I guess. I just don't want to go for another round without a driver anymore 😂

7 hours ago, jasonTeI3 said:

Yeah but I ordered mine from DD’s so the price difference is pretty big. 

Maybe because the price is in USD? I use CAD so I was surprised too for a moment 😅

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, mobbarley said:

have you taken a look at this thread.. if any of the no upcharge options work for you.. 🤔

I just read through all the comments, seems like they are receiving velocore version ventus black! Looks like Im canceling my original order tmr 🫠 What a waste of time and rounds I spent without a driver 😂 Thank you for the heads up!

Edited by Oneon

Posted (edited)

The TGW Ventus Black option is great only for the golfers living inside US because international shipping is almost the cost of a premium shaft 😅 (200USD for shipping) I called Callaway today again to change my shaft to stock shaft options so that I can at least take my driver with my flight, discussing the options together with the customer service, the guy directed me to talk to one of the manager. I felt the manager was very responsible and trustworthy and suggested me to wait for the restock on 25th because changing the shaft option will only make more delays in the current stock status. So sticking to my original option of Denali blue TX, one last week of patience, almost a gamble risking my wait time or my flight schedule. Wish me luck!

Edited by Oneon

Posted (edited)

Now delayed to May 13rd ~ May 17th because of the shaft

Edited by Oneon

On 4/19/2024 at 1:08 AM, Oneon said:

The shaft of the order is the best shaft I will have, so waiting was the only option I had 🥲 I think Im very close to changing to Titleist, but the new one is launching in 5 months coming back from 2 year cycle, or considering the option from TGW.. 

I completely understand, we all want/need out equipment as soon as possible, and like you just stated, Titleist should be coming out with a new Driver in a few months, I haven't seen or heard anything other than TGW and TXG...either way get what you want and hopefully as quickly as possible, take care

• Like 1

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1