Warrior Custom golf

Gawfman123

What is the deal???
I keep getting emails from them for free golf clubs, but I have to pay the shipping and handling. Anybody ever do this? Or am I just being a dummy?

Beveled_blue_relaxation_event_announcement_i01.gif

ECONOMIC STIMULUS INCENTIVE

Dear ???????,

Warrior Custom Golf would like to give to you our New EXT Titanium Driver FREE* for doing a test trial on next years golf club technology.

small_driver.jpg

l This club has a retail value of up to $600 and it is yours FREE* for evaluating a set of our new custom golf clubs.
l All you need to do is to call one of our club fitters at 1-800-600-5113 and give them the test play ID# ES600.

Call now!

*s/h not incl. Offer available while supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO!!!! I tell you what, don't deal with them if that's what your thinking.. I have a friend of mine here at work that got rangled into a bunch of there clubs. Basically he bought the driver, then he got rangled in to a bunch of stuff and ended up paying like $600 worth the crap! And Crap is what it was! LOL

He got the following:

driver, 3wd, 5wd, 5 hybrids, full set of irons & wedges, and a putter... and they're all junk! LOL

The story was, he bought the driver, went to send it back they said don't we'll send you X for so much, then it happens again till he ended up with like 30 clubs from them that he can't give away. Of course he did all this before he knew any better.

don't be afraid to say NO!

Pete

Run away!!!!! Do not get caught up with these guys. You will get tangled in their web and never get out. Well I got out but it took years. They even called me up once and wanted me to invest ten grand in their golf course they were building. Just turn off your computer after reading this, and never reply to any of their emails or phone calls. Seriously.

Stay away, a buddy of mine thought it would be funny to send them my contact name and info...this sales rep would call me everyday telling me about their new "deals". After the 4th call, I was like WTF you've got to be joking! Bad news, run like hell!

And yes my good buddy...well got him back when I sent his info to "Avon" recruiter telling them he wanted to be a rep...haha I think they were just as brutal.

Driver - M2/KuroKage xstiff
3 wood - TS2 16.5/KuroKage xstiff
Hybrids - Titleist 918 3/4
Irons - Mizuno 223, Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 51, 56, 60
Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club

Stay away, a buddy of mine thought it would be funny to send them my contact name and info...this sales rep would call me everyday telling me about their new "deals". After the 4th call, I was like WTF you've got to be joking! Bad news, run like hell!

And yes my good buddy...well got him back when I sent his info to "Avon" recruiter telling them he wanted to be a rep...haha I think they were just as brutal.

One of my Dad's friends did that to him one time. He then put the guy's contact info in an ad in the paper for some really top of the line wheels (at the time) for about 1/3 of the normal cost. After about 2 or 3 days the guy finally called him and begged him to make it stop.

Anyhoo, how do these guys make money? They give you a free driver and then pressure you/annoy you into buying more? What if you just take the driver and then never respond? Or is it like those CD clubs where you sign up to get 5 free Cd's and then through some voodoo economics you end up owing them a couple hundred bucks?

One of my Dad's friends did that to him one time. He then put the guy's contact info in an ad in the paper for some really top of the line wheels (at the time) for about 1/3 of the normal cost. After about 2 or 3 days the guy finally called him and begged him to make it stop.

Anyhoo, how do these guys make money? They give you a free driver and then pressure you/annoy you into buying more? What if you just take the driver and then never respond? Or is it like those CD clubs where you sign up to get 5 free Cd's and then through some voodoo economics you end up owing them a couple hundred bucks?

I almost fell for this BS a few years back, basically when you finally decide to go through with it all they ask for a credit card number, then when you try to return it, you get charged anyways, and it takes years to get a resolution. Their whole lineup is junk, stay far away.

He, if it's good enough for Eddie Money....

Absolutely no resale value.

On the other hand, my dad has a set of their wedges which he does like. I'd stay away, however.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

They are owned by a fellow who removed(nice word) millions of dollars from clients he had when he sold gold and silver.He would buy leads from good friend of mine who passed away.The leads were people who puchased golf equiptment in the past.He offered a 90 day trial for custom clubs.When you tried to return them,the trouble began.Nasty people avoid at all costs.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

After years of not hearing from these word not alloweds they called me again today. The dude sounded like he was drunk and would not take no for an answer. I finally had to hang up on him.

They had a new driver that is just like the new TaylorMade Tour Burner but better. He tells me that he will give me this driver for free if I just test out some new irons that are like the TM r7 irons but better. These irons will retail for over $1200.00 new but if I like them I can get them for the low price of $499.00. If I don't like them send them back and keep the driver(yeah I've been down this road before).

If I hear from them agian it's going to get ugly.

Let me tell everyone again DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!! It's just not worth the hassle.

Thanks for listening. :clapping:

So how do they make money???? They send you a driver for free, then what?? Do they just make it so hard to return it is not worth trying to get your money back or what?

And pkease don't just say it is crap and stay away, I get that. What I don't understand is how people get stuck w/ this crap and how they make money when they send you a free club.

first thing that popped up when I did a search....i google everythign that seems to good to be true. I just put the word scam ofter whatever I am looking for

http://majormike.net/archives/97

OK, thanks, so it is what I thought. They really will give you your money back, they just make it so difficult it is worth $469 to not bother w/ it.

The guy that wrote that little article in that link is a schmuck if I've ever seen one. He has to be one of the people that sends money to the king in Africa who has all the millions in an American account he can't get to.

Another scam(kind of OT) that I heard about recently goes like this. You get an email or phone call and they ask you to be a consultant of sorts rating money/wire transfer companies. They send you a check for say $2000 and you just have to deposit the money into your account, get the cash out, then go to Circle K or 7-11 or whatever and wire $1800 back to them. You then mail them a questionaire about the service of the wire transfer people. What a deal, right? Hardly any work and you get to keep $200!! Oh wait, the check bounced? I just sent them $1800 of my own money? And I'm in trouble for trying to pass a bad check. Well I'll just call my boss and clear this up. The phone is disconnected. The address is fake. i wonder what happened??

This may sound harsh, but I have no sympathy for people who fall for that stuff. If you are that dumb, you deserve it. In the animal kingdom it's called natural selection. The slow, weak, sickly and ignorant don't get to have children. Sometimes (usually) I wish the human kingdom was more like the animal kingdom.

Some how I am on their call list as well (thank you database sellers of the world). The last call (months ago) that I actually answered from them involved a condo on a new hot golf property and how they are hand picking people to get in now!

After telling the guy I quit playing golf, hated golf, hated Warrior, hated guys on the phone, and begged him to remove me from their list, he answered with "So are you in for for the 30 grand investment or what? We're only going to offer this one time."

Needless to say I jumped right in. It's right next to the bridge I bought last year, and just below the star with my name from the official star registry.

So please buy everything they sell, my hot new condo is depending on it.

So how do they make money???? They send you a driver for free, then what?? Do they just make it so hard to return it is not worth trying to get your money back or what?

And pkease don't just say it is crap and stay away, I get that. What I don't understand is how people get stuck w/ this crap and how they make money when they send you a free club.

I did it a few yrs ago. Tried out a supposedly "free" 3 wood from them after I saw a flyer in my mailbox. Figured why not? I didn't like the club after I played it, so I called to request a return (you had to request a return or you would get charged). They tried to extend the trial period, and I told them it didn't matter, I didn't like the club. They pestered me and got me on the phone with at least 5 different progressively "higher up" mangement people trying to convince me to keep it and pay them. Eventually, they gave me a return number so I could return it, but it was quite a hassle. Their policy was that you can't return it without a return number or you will get charged.

If you like hassle, go ahead and try, but I won't ever do it again. It's kinda like those mail in rebates, if you don't follow the return process exactly as described you're screwed.

Sounds good that I got offeres from them before I was into golf and just ignored all of it. Plus i had never remotely heard of warrior clubs.

Are they worse than the hammer line?

No the clubs aren't that bad actually. But if you decide that you don't really want another club and it was just fun trying out something new, see the quote below.

I did it a few yrs ago. Tried out a supposedly "free" 3 wood from them after I saw a flyer in my mailbox. Figured why not? I didn't like the club after I played it, so I called to request a return (you had to request a return or you would get charged). They tried to extend the trial period, and I told them it didn't matter, I didn't like the club. They pestered me and got me on the phone with at least 5 different progressively "higher up" mangement people trying to convince me to keep it and pay them. Eventually, they gave me a return number so I could return it, but it was quite a hassle. Their policy was that you can't return it without a return number or you will get charged.

If you like hassle, go ahead and try, but I won't ever do it again. It's kinda like those mail in rebates, if you don't follow the return process exactly as described you're screwed.

Yeah this is the problem right here. I tried out a first set of clubs (some fairway woods) which I kept because I liked them. Then they call me months later to try some new clubs. I tried them and didn't want to keep them. This is when you start to realise that these guys might be shady. It is much easier just to stay out of their web than trying to get untangled from it.

I said it before just run away and tell everone you know to stay away from these Bozo's.

Some how I am on their call list as well (thank you database sellers of the world). The last call (months ago) that I actually answered from them involved a condo on a new hot golf property and how they are hand picking people to get in now!

After telling the guy I quit playing golf, hated golf, hated Warrior, hated guys on the phone, and begged him to remove me from their list, he answered with "So are you in for for the 30 grand investment or what? We're only going to offer this one time."

Needless to say I jumped right in. It's right next to the bridge I bought last year, and just below the star with my name from the official star registry.

So please buy everything they sell, my hot new condo is depending on it.

The star registry is a good one. Another one I just heard about is people selling carbon credits online. Kind of like how big corps can buy carbon credits from others that don't put out as much except that normal people aren't regulated. Idiots. Same idea as the church selling forgiveness. Oh ya, Al Gore owns the carbon credit selling company BTW. When I see people like that and the star registry people making money it makes me wonder why I bother waking up and going to work in the morning.

I just got one of these post cards a few days ago for a free hybrid. I actually called them but didn't want to give them a CC# over the phone so I said I would think about it. I'm glad I searched the forums and found this thread.

This is no way to do business and regardless of the quality of their clubs, nobody should be supporting a company like this (even if you get all the clubs for free). I agree that some of the big name club company's charge ridiculous amounts of money, but that's why ebay and the for sale forums exist :russian_roulette: Heck, I don't have a "new" club in my bag but they get the job done.

Thanks for saving me $23.50 in shipping and apparenlty months of being hassled by these scam artists.

-AR

I just got one of these post cards a few days ago for a free hybrid. I actually called them but didn't want to give them a CC# over the phone so I said I would think about it. I'm glad I searched the forums and found this thread.

This is no way to do business and regardless of the quality of their clubs, nobody should be supporting a company like this (even if you get all the clubs for free). I agree that some of the big name club company's charge ridiculous amounts of money, but that's why ebay and the for sale forums exist :russian_roulette: Heck, I don't have a "new" club in my bag but they get the job done.

Thanks for saving me $23.50 in shipping and apparenlty months of being hassled by these scam artists.

-AR

You did the smart thing. Just walk away.

Funniest thing ever this morning, on the 1st tee (my back 9 actually).. a 4 some was getting ready to tee off and just after the guy did 10 pushups (yeah no bs, he did 10 pushups before he tee'd off ON THE TEE BOX NONE THE LESS) he was raving about this great deal on these clubs that were just as good or better than the Cally's, TM's, and Titleists of the world and how he saved $600 when he bought a full set of clubs and even got 3 free hybrids...

Then he duck hooked his YELLOW GREEN NEON BALL in to the scrubs.. took him 6 shots to get to the green where he proceeded to 4 putt.. oh the 1st hole from the whites was like 370 :russian_roulette: LOL.. clubs were working well for him..

GO TEAM WARRIOR!

Pete