2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

[quote name='Stillboard' timestamp='1420409584' post='10685519']
Dave or Chris,

I plan to get my own machine sometime in the near future and have messaged Chris in the past. How heavy can you get a M2/M20 with a wide blade Flange?
[/quote]

Hello,

Thanks for the post. The Max Head Weight will depend on the Material and the Hosel you choose. Please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] and I can assist you.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

[quote name='rymail00' timestamp='1420425299' post='10686955']
[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420401910' post='10684897']
[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1420399676' post='10684725'] Nice to hear that Jimmy will be working with you guys. Great move. One suggestion....you might want to lock this thread (sticky it?) and start a new one. The longer this one gets, the longer it takes to load. I'm sure many posters here have seen this. JAT [/quote]

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the kind comments on Jimmy working with us now. We're eager to start showing the new ready-made Limiteds and getting him stock for his site.

Regarding our main picture thread here, I think it only takes as long to load as that particular page?

Candidly I'd hate to lock it, as we're very proud of all the viewership and comments we've received and the longevity we've achieved. It's the most viewed and most commented on thread in the bag room / equipment pages, an achievement we think is pretty cool, especially for a smaller maker like ourselves. We hope to keep adding to the thread with more and more cool work, and keep it going as long as possible frankly.

Thanks,

-Dave
[/quote]

Huh....it doesn't seem to load slow for me...

I have to agree with Dave. This is one of the longest running threads on WRX, and has also a huge, rediculous number of views too. And being a "smaller company" to have so much traffic and views is a good testament to their longevity. If I were a Dave I think I'd want this to keep growing and growing. This is just my $.02, that's all.
[/quote]

Not sure what Internet browser you run, but on Safari it runs slower than any other topic. I have used my MacBook, iPad, and iphone and all have seen the same result.

It's fine if Dave and crew want to leave it, but like all things it was feedback given based on personal experience. It's his company and his thread... I'm just hear to view it and buy putters

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1420481983' post='10689705']
[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1420399676' post='10684725'] Nice to hear that Jimmy will be working with you guys. Great move. One suggestion....you might want to lock this thread (sticky it?) and start a new one. The longer this one gets, the longer it takes to load. I'm sure many posters here have seen this. JAT [/quote]

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the kind comments on Jimmy working with us now. We're eager to start showing the new ready-made Limiteds and getting him stock for his site.

Regarding our main picture thread here, I think it only takes as long to load as that particular page?

Candidly I'd hate to lock it, as we're very proud of all the viewership and comments we've received and the longevity we've achieved. It's the most viewed and most commented on thread in the bag room / equipment pages, an achievement we think is pretty cool, especially for a smaller maker like ourselves. We hope to keep adding to the thread with more and more cool work, and keep it going as long as possible frankly.

Thanks,

-Dave
[/quote]

I have to agree with Dave. This is one of the longest running threads on WRX, and has also a huge, rediculous number of views too. And being a "smaller company" to have so much traffic and views is a good testament to their longevity. If I were a Dave I think I'd want this to keep growing and growing. This is just my $.02, that's all.
[/quote]

Not sure what Internet browser you run, but on Safari it runs slower than any other topic. I have used my MacBook, iPad, and iphone and all have seen the same result.

It's fine if Dave and crew want to leave it, but like all things it was feedback given based on personal experience. It's his company and his thread... I'm just hear to view it and buy putters
[/quote]

I have Safari on my iPad.

I' agree with your last statement 100%. That's my goal for this thread too, just look at some cool putters.

Cheers guys!
Ryan

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

[quote name='rymail00' timestamp='1420492058' post='10690733']
[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1420481983' post='10689705']

Hi Mike,

Thanks,

-Dave
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have Safari on my iPad.

I' agree with your last statement 100%. That's my goal for this thread too, just look at some cool putters.

Cheers guys!
Ryan
[/quote]

Right on brotha! I'm interested to see the designs they create for Jimmy. although I may have to shut it down so I don't buy another putter after my custom comes

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

[quote name='bogeyjosh ' timestamp='1420507460' post='10692187']
Honestly, I've never looked through this thread until I found out Jimmy is now with Machine…but boy am I glad I looked. I can't wait to see what kind of inventory Jimmy gets….he's had my paypal login for years now lol.
[/quote]

Thank you Josh ! :friends:

Jimmy

Ok, it's been 2 days since last post....we need some more pics of "works or art"!

Driver:  MIZUNO STZ-230 (11.5) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Utility: T.B.D.

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

Hi Dave/Chris, I also just came upon this thread (had no idea the putter forum was even here) and went through everything back from 2006! It was cool to see the stages, changes, growth, concepts, ideas, pictures upon pictures through the last 1.5hrs. I am in aw of the accomplishments and I now know even more about DB2's legacy.

Fellas I have had several Machine putters over yhe last couple years, though I hate to admit I sourced them through ebay, and will be in the market for a hand made come spring. Honestly I never knew it was this easy to request. I live right near Custom Clubs in NH (Kenny) who is our top builder here in New England and he sells your putters but couldn't point me in the direction for a custom outside of buying an Adjuster. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have stood in Kenny's shop and putted with your demo's. I truly love the demos he has but personally felt I would like something custom.

I have also gone to the Machine website many times looking at the "garage builds" on yhe Dog
Ef site (note found on the Machine site) in hopes there is something in there that catches my eye. Otherwise I was under the impression customers had to work through your catalog to find their build/specs they wanted. I thought there had to be another way especially after I saw the "Ten best Machine putters" article that came out last year. Those were all pieces or art but still had no idea how I could find a custom hand made like that but reading through this it looks like all I had to do was email Chris? LOL

Love this thread guys, do NOT lock it out. Just wish I found it a couple years ago. LOL

Chris I will contact you.
-Ben

- Something that continues to go long off the tee in the fairway
- Something that is a fairway finder when needed and long
- Something that high, consistent and helps with par 5’s
-  Something to help with long par3’s and short par 4’s

-  Something metal, lots of them and go the gaps I need
- Something metal, 2x of them and helps me 120y and in
- Putters - limited rotation because I cannot afford misses

Golf is what you make of it.  Play grateful and accepting. We are all lucky to have it.

Rather than expecting lets all try and appreciate instead. 
Treat people the way you want to be treated

[quote name='Ben Berube' timestamp='1420677230' post='10704923']
Hi Dave/Chris, I also just came upon this thread (had no idea the putter forum was even here) and went through everything back from 2006! It was cool to see the stages, changes, growth, concepts, ideas, pictures upon pictures through the last 1.5hrs. I am in aw of the accomplishments and I now know even more about DB2's legacy.

Fellas I have had several Machine putters over yhe last couple years, though I hate to admit I sourced them through ebay, and will be in the market for a hand made come spring. Honestly I never knew it was this easy to request. I live right near Custom Clubs in NH (Kenny) who is our top builder here in New England and he sells your putters but couldn't point me in the direction for a custom outside of buying an Adjuster. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have stood in Kenny's shop and putted with your demo's. I truly love the demos he has but personally felt I would like something custom.

I have also gone to the Machine website many times looking at the "garage builds" on yhe Dog
Ef site (note found on the Machine site) in hopes there is something in there that catches my eye. Otherwise I was under the impression customers had to work through your catalog to find their build/specs they wanted. I thought there had to be another way especially after I saw the "Ten best Machine putters" article that came out last year. Those were all pieces or art but still had no idea how I could find a custom hand made like that but reading through this it looks like all I had to do was email Chris? LOL

Love this thread guys, do NOT lock it out. Just wish I found it a couple years ago. LOL

Chris I will contact you.
-Ben
[/quote]

Hello Ben,

Thanks for the great post! We appreciate it.

I would defintiely love to work with you. When you are ready, shoot me an e-mail to [email protected] and I can assist you.

Thanks in advance

-Chris

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to share some pics with you of a Custom MACHINE Putter that Dave just finished building for a Customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom Billet Copper M10 Fixer Head with a 303 Stainless Medium Long Plumber Neck. This MACHINE has been set up as a Counter Balanced Model

This MACHINE also features a Custom Delta Mod set to 1 Degree Flat and two custom weight ports in the sole.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M10-Custom_Cu_MLPN_N_Free_16cc_MLM.jpg

MP_M10-Custom_Cu_MLPN_N_Free_16ch_MLM.jpg

MP_M10-Custom_Cu_MLPN_N_Free_16c_MLM.jpg

MP_M10-Custom_Cu_MLPN_N_Free_16f.jpg

MP_M10-Custom_Cu_MLPN_N_Free_16s.jpg

MP_M10-Custom_Cu_MLPN_N_Free_16ad_MLM.jpg

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1420768177' post='10712397']
That copper M10 is outstanding......do you have to put weight ports in the sole to get the weight up for CB?
[/quote]

Hi Mike -

Thanks very much! The weight ports were adopted from our new Bobby Jones Putter designs (and previous MACHINE's like the Arc Balanced models, M3 Transformers and other prototypes before those).

They give the putters a nice range of adjustability and of course clean lines from the back.

The size shown here are 3 grams ea in Alu, 6 grams in steel and 12 grams in Tungsten. So you can go up or down a total of 18 grams.

We also have and are making other materials and sizes depending on customer preferences and needs.

All the best,

-Dave

[quote name='j.a.' timestamp='1421352829' post='10752575']
Just wondering if there are any plans of releasing a modern Bullseye style putter in the near future
[/quote]

j.a.,

I've got a few designs I've been working on in CAD, but those are down the list behind some other new models for MACHINE and for Bobby Jones. I think Nike did a great job with their Method version. But ours will have weight adjustability, adjustable loft and lie and interchangeable center shaft with options for onset, flush / zero offset and slight offset with different bored in center shaft setups - similar to the M9 and M10 Bored In Center Shaft models we've done with those features, like the photos below:

[attachment=2572487:MP_M9_B_Hicks_Sr_Tribute_CS_WIP_9ch.jpg]
Custom M9 Bored in Center Shaft work in progress showing the inner workings of the interchangeable hosel.

[attachment=2572489:MP_M10A_BCS-In_No1_S_Atkins_28ch.jpg]

Custom M10 with bored in center shaft - interchangeable and adjustable for for grip orientation positions.

[attachment=2572491:MP_M10A_BCS-In_No1_S_Atkins_WIP_25c_exploded.jpg]

Custom M10 with bored in center shaft - exploded view showing the components and keyed hosel section.

And we made a Frankenputter with a left and right handed, modified M4 putters mated together, but that was pretty wild.

I'd say we'll get this project going sometime in the spring or summer, starting with prototypes out on tour.

Thanks for your interest!

-Dave

That medallion is just bad a s s Dave. Is that the Ti Damascus?

Also, just wanted to thank you for your patience with my Big Bore order. I just want to make mine a tad different yet simple so as not to take away from the big bore.

Guys, I don;t know how Dave finds time for small customers like myself but if you have any hesitation at all with Machine, please do not. I'm in Asia and even with the huge time difference, Dave makes time. It'll be a breeze if you guys are in the US and just a phone call away. Machine's work is really kick a s s stuff.

Dave, have a succesful PGA show!

Drivers : Callaway Paradym Sanki Planarian - Ginnico Black Star Arch-KaMs 16509 - Ryoma D1 V-Spec TRPX Fabulous Ni-Ti - Titleist TSR2 Arch-Kams CA-01 - TRPX S-013 Xanadu - Waccine Wac LS-01 COA Rolling Angel
FW : Ping G425 14.5*/17.5* Arch-Kams WL/WH-01

UTs : Ping G425 19* Arch-Kams UTR - Callaway Paradym 20* Arch-Kams UTH
Irons : Grind Studio Proto - Itobori MXH - Titleist CNCPT02 - Tourstage MR-23 US Spec
Wedges : Artisan - Grind Studio- JP Premier
Putters : Benock - BPutters - Ingles - Lajosi - Low Tide - Machine - MackMade - Mannkrafted - Masda Gold'sFactory - Nead - Swag - TP Mills - Xenon

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1421413836' post='10756431']

j.a.,

I've got a few designs I've been working on in CAD, but those are down the list behind some other new models for MACHINE and for Bobby Jones. I think Nike did a great job with their Method version. But ours will have weight adjustability, adjustable loft and lie and interchangeable center shaft with options for onset, flush / zero offset and slight offset with different bored in center shaft setups - similar to the M9 and M10 Bored In Center Shaft models we've done with those features, like the photos below

Custom M9 Bored in Center Shaft work in progress showing the inner workings of the interchangeable hosel

Custom M10 with bored in center shaft - interchangeable and adjustable for for grip orientation positions.

Custom M10 with bored in center shaft - exploded view showing the components and keyed hosel section.

And we made a Frankenputter with a left and right handed, modified M4 putters mated together, but that was pretty wild.

I'd say we'll get this project going sometime in the spring or summer, starting with prototypes out on tour.

Thanks for your interest!

-Dave
[/quote]

Dave, those putters are amazing and also the bunch of fantastic ideas you have for your upcoming designs. I'll be patient and for sure I'll see something spectacular.

Cheers

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to share with you a Custom MACHINE that was just completed for Jimmy at USAMILLED.COM

This is the first Bobby Jones Bespoke ART putter (in progress photos taken right after taking it out of the oil bath and assembling as shown).

This is a new Grand Slam model GS-4 milled from Ocean Wave Damascus Finished in our Hand Torched Oil Quenched Finish.

This putter is also hand stamped “BESPOKE 1” designating the first Custom GS-4 model.

The weight is 365 grams as shown, but can be adjusted up or down, also depending on the hosel selection. The medallion is Marine Brass, but can be swapped out

The Grip is a Laser etched Bobby Jones Leather Grip and the Headcover is a Laser Etched Logo Baseball Leather Headcover.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

BJP_GS-4_OW_Damascus_MSHOPN_Br_BJMedal_Bespoke1_15ch.jpg

BJP_GS-4_OW_Damascus_MSHOPN_Br_BJMedal_Bespoke1_15s_ihcu.jpg

BJP_GS-4_OW_Damascus_MSHOPN_Br_BJMedal_Bespoke1_15sf.jpg

BJP_GS-4_OW_Damascus_MSHOPN_Br_BJMedal_Bespoke1_15ad.jpg

[quote name='rbhan12' timestamp='1421771270' post='10783377']
That putter has Mitchell's name written allllllll over it!
[/quote]
Absolutely stunning work, not shocked that Jimmy got it at all ! :)

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Dave, just curious....on that style head, the heel is always narrower from the face back than the toe is. First, is there a technical reason for that, and second, could a head be made that is more "rectangular" when looking down at it? Always been a curiosity of mine on this head shape.

Stunning work by the way. I bet Jimmy already has it sold now!

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1421797049' post='10786329']
Dave, just curious....on that style head, the heel is always narrower from the face back than the toe is. First, is there a technical reason for that, and second, could a head be made that is more "rectangular" when looking down at it? Always been a curiosity of mine on this head shape.

Stunning work by the way. I bet Jimmy already has it sold now!
[/quote]

Mike-
Take a look at the M6. I think you might like this head style. Only problem it's only available in carbon steel.

I cant upload a picture but I can email you one if you like :)

Jimmy