2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Proforce V2

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else notice a huge amount of roll with this shaft? I have a 905R 8.5* V2 65S, and I fly it as far as my previous driver, a Ping G5 9* Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 65X, but when it hits the ground it runs like it stole somethin. At least 20 yards farther, no joke, and way straighter because of the lower torque. Anyways I couldn't be happier with it, it'll stay in the bag for a long time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i haven't played golf for a few years, only started again, and so my equipment is rather our of date. i've tested a lot of the new drivers recently and still haven't found one that really suits me 100%. however, i came across a wilson Dd6 8.5* demo club with a proforce v2 S with 66g. i tried it and it worked beautifully for me. the reason was the shaft, because i tried other options as well. according to the wilson home page, this club only comes with an aldila nvs shaft in the united states. but in europe you can choose between the aldila and the proforce. on the shaft it says "exclusively for wilson staff" and the specs are little bit different from the ones you'll find on the ust home page. its stiff, 66g, torque 3.8 (which i don't believe), butt stiffness 267, mid stiffness 7.0 tip stiffness 27, and the tip diameter is 350, which again, are a little bit different specs from the v2 that aren't made for wilson. usually the tip is even stiffer and the torque is lower. my swing speed is in the mid 90s, so i could also do with a reg shaft, but this combo is really great for me. it produces the low ball flight i want, because most courses in my area are usually very dry and very windy. and no matter how hard i try to overswing and really crush it, it always produces a controlled shot. i deliberately tried to swing totally out of control with a john daly-like back swing, to jump into the ball, to concsiously just hit at it and not really swing... always the same result... a controlled, low draw down the middle. the worst possible result was a low hook, which really was hard to produce and which i also would prefer to a high slice any time. slice chance with this club: zero, whatever i tried. i also tried the same head with the aldila nvs (even with a s 75), but i couldn't control that at all, it felt too whippy and i hit high pulls and high slices with it. on that demo day i also tried out a lot of the new drivers from other manufacturers and some of them really worked well. i could end up with a nike sq sumo or a callaway ft-i tour, but i really don't know if i want to spend that kind of money. at the end of the demo day, they sold some of the demo clubs really cheap and that wilson Dd6 with the v2 shaft was one of them, so i took it as short term solution. but after the first two rounds with it, it might stay in the bag permanently.

I see a gap. There definitely is a gap.

• 1 month later...

update: just installed a ust v2 stiff in this baby and just got home, let me tell u , i was hitting the longest drives ever this year and no hook, can u believe it , no hook, so to say the least im happy about this combo for this round anyway, lol i hit one about 305 today on a hole the best i have ever done was maybe 290 , and i havent done this ever at this course i have been a member at for almost 3 years , i made 3 birdies out of the 4 par 5's here and two were gimmies cause this driver shaft combo allowed me to hit my ideas pro 4 iron into the green roughly a 200 shot for me

thanks for reading my rant and happiness, lol

madi05

update: just installed a ust v2 stiff in this baby(TM burner tp 10.5) and just got home, let me tell u , i was hitting the longest drives ever this year and no hook, can u believe it , no hook, so to say the least im happy about this combo for this round anyway, lol i hit one about 305 today on a hole the best i have ever done was maybe 290 , and i havent done this ever at this course i have been a member at for almost 3 years , i made 3 birdies out of the 4 par 5's here and two were gimmies cause this driver shaft combo allowed me to hit my ideas pro 4 iron into the green roughly a 200 shot for me

thanks for reading my rant and happiness, lol

madi05

Anybody have any feedback on the hybrid version?

I've had the 104gram version in my 19deg 585H for a few months. I originally had DG S300 in it, but reshafted it because I was liking the V2 shaft in my driver and 3 wood so much. It's just as straight as steel, but 30 grams lighter and smoother. Only complaint I have is that I hit it too far now and have had to get a 21deg to close the gap to my irons...

• 3 weeks later...

Initially, I admit I may have badmouthed this shaft after my first test with it. I threw a V2 77x in my G2 8.5* driver, and I hit it crazy high.

The problem was, I never got onto the Vector with it before I got rid of it. It turns out that I was hitting it high, but GOOD high.

I came across a Titleist 907 D2 with the same shaft in it in our store, so I hopped on the ol Vector, and man did it go high again.....but with a respectable spin. I was averaging almost 19* launch with only about 2500 spin. I know the launch is a little high, but I was impressed. As you can see in my sig, the club is mine now :P

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

• 4 weeks later...

I have the 76 gram x cut down a half inch in the miz mx 560 and couldn't be happier. My swing speed is between 105-110 but with a pretty agressive tempo. This shaft is the perfect fit and I am thinking of getting the hybrid model as well.

TSr2 10* - Tensei 1K White 60X
SIM2 15* - ADIZ 7X
SIM2 19* - Kai'li 80X
MP18 MMC FLIHI 23* + New Level CB 623CB 5-PW- AMT TI X100
SM9 50.08, 54.10*, & 58.12D*-DG S200
OG Double Wide + PRO V1X

• 1 month later...

Just had a 76g V2 installed in a R7 425 TP 9.5. I love it so far. Only some range time but it seems much more consistent and more accurate. I can still hit some bad shots with it of course, but the bad swings seem to be not quite as bad as with the Rombax. Of course the V2 is FLOd so that might be the difference.

I'm still curious about the Diamana White though so I might have that installed in my other 425 TP and see how the V2 compares with the Whiteboard.

I am hoping someone may be able to give me some guidance on this shaft. I am looking to put this shaft in my Titleist 905R. I currently have a cut down 1 inch YS+6 shaft in reg flex. My swing speed is around 100MPH and I have a fairly smooth tempo swing. I am currently finding that I am getting [b][u]alot[/u][/b] of ballooning.

I was planning on getting the STIFF shaft but I don't know what weight I should be looking at. Is there an easy way to work out which one is going to be better? What are the benefits of a lighter or heavier shaft?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have the full complement in my woods and hybrid. These shafts are excellent. The low torque gives excellent stability for me but with a powerful high launch. (Driver ss 105-108) For the money I think these shafts can't be beaten.

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

• 2 weeks later...

I needed a 3 wood shaft and a driver shaft. I went in to the local golf shop and hit a Ping 3 wood with a V2. I thought WOW! But is it the shaft or the head? I took a chance thinking it was the shaft. I went next door to my clubmaker and he had a V2 lying around. He threw it in my 3 wood and WOW! This is a great shaft that easily replaces the 757 that I would have liked to put in there. The ball explodes off the face, has a nice ball flight, and has plenty of control even at only a stiff flex.

I hated the Proforce purple and gold shafts so I didn't really want to try this. But after all the positive reviews, I had to give it a try. I'm certainly glad I did!!! Now for the driver...

Nike Vr Pro Limited 8* w/Matrix Black Tie 6m3
Nike Vr Pro Limited 15* w/Matrix Black Tie 7m3
Nike Vr TW Blades w/TT X100
Nike Vr Pro 54/58 w/S400
Nike Method Matter B1-07

I put a V2 9090 90g X on a Mizuno F-50 13* head and it is by far the most stable, accurate, and longest 3 wood I have ever hit.

UST really outdid themselves with this line.

I would like to see how the NEW AxivCore line of shaft play. I hope they are as strong as the v2's

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

Holy crap this shaft is SMOOTH. I got a V2 Stiff, and it feels like a regular but it goes straight and FAR. Even when i got after it, its still stable. As a matter of fact, its 45" long (my other driver is same head with a VS Proto 65 and is 44.5"). When i made my first swing with the V2, i had to stop and put them side by side because it felt weird (thought GG f-upped and cut it too short)...it turns out this weirdness i felt was just SMOOTHNESS.

Higher ball flight than the VS, but i can feel the V2 loading. Highy recommend this shaft.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a Ping G10 draw with the UST Proforce V2 reg & love the ball flight. Its does get up pretty quick & high but no loss of distance when compared to my previous set-up which was a Ping G10 Red Pro Launch stiff. I liked the V2 so much I also picked up a G10 3 wood with the V2. Nice long & straight

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What do you think of this shaft when it comes to 3 woods? off the deck, tee it up, trajectory, etc.

I got nothing but good things to pass on to you about this shaft in my 3 wood. I use the 906f4 w/ the fairway V2 85-S 90g ver. Good stuff from this combo. My stock shots fly w/ a slight high fade and land around 250-255 soft. I can get around 10-12yds roll depending on conditions.

Mike