Snake Eyes Tour Platinum Putter

OnFire

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not that bad. The thing about him is he's a scam artist; buys putters and paint fills 'em and sells them for a profit.

How in the world does that make me a scam artist? I have never been deceptive or cheated anyone. As a matter of act, the people who buy my putters have loved them and until a guy from France this week negged me (without warning) two months after the purchase, I had a 100% approval rating.

By your definition, nearly every business in the country is a scam by taking products, improving them, and then reselling them. Please explain why this is a scam?

It's you! Are you really posting under your real golfwrx ID, or did you open a new account so people don't know who you are? JK. It's either you or some other guy on ebay that is doing "sno" and basic paint and then turning around and selling them. Yeah, it's a free market, so more power to you. I just think it's a scam. No offense intended. LOL

It's you! Are you really posting under your real golfwrx ID, or did you open a new account so people don't know who you are? JK. It's either you or some other guy on ebay that is doing "sno" and basic paint and then turning around and selling them. Yeah, it's a free market, so more power to you. I just think it's a scam. No offense intended. LOL

That's pretty ignorant of you to go call him a scam artist? he makes a couple bucks cause he gets a small volume discount.

Anyway I just got the tour platinum and the new black sv2 putter in. You guys should be taking a look at the black ones too. It looks just like a ping redwood but costs only $30!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I did some navy blue paint fill on the two SNAKE EYES logos on the face and rear cutout. I haven't messed with doing paint fill on the sole YET.

My putter is fitted with a cheap GOLFSMITH putter shaft (34.5 inches), V-RAD grip and about 20 grams of counter weight on the butt end. It weighs 570 grams, according to the scale on my MALTBY swingweight machine, the heaviest of my four putters. It swingweights to an E-1 with the V-RAD grip.

OnFire;

How can anybody say that they guy is a scam artist. He's basically selling 'customization' and so long as he doesn't misrepresent himself in any way as far as 'making' the putter, it's just a nice low-risk business in taking a plain putter and sprucing it up a bit.

OnFire you might want to do a bit of study on what a scam actually is before you go about accusing others of such an action.

It's not that bad. The thing about him is he's a scam artist; buys putters and paint fills 'em and sells them for a profit.

How in the world does that make me a scam artist? I have never been deceptive or cheated anyone. As a matter of act, the people who buy my putters have loved them and until a guy from France this week negged me (without warning) two months after the purchase, I had a 100% approval rating.

By your definition, nearly every business in the country is a scam by taking products, improving them, and then reselling them. Please explain why this is a scam?

I wouldn't call you a scam artist per se.

I just don't like how you take deerslayer's custom head cover method and turn it into a profit scheme for yourself.

JMO

I just don't like how you take deerslayer's custom head cover method and turn it into a profit scheme for yourself.

JMO

Do you really think Deerslayer is the first, or only person for that matter, to customize headcovers and paintfill irons? I don't know if Ranger91 got his ideas from this forum or not, but it seems like you are accusing him without any proof one way or the other. I've been doing headcovers and paint filling my personal irons going on 10 years - long before I ever was a member of GWRX or any other forum for that matter!

Deerslayer does some fantastic looking custom work, and I think it's a great gesture that he's so generous with his ideas and DIY tips! That's what makes this forum such a great place to learn and to pass on knowledge to those with similar interests. I actually changed the way I do paintfill because of his tip on using Tamiya paints. I had been using Testors, but found the Tamiya to be a better product for this application!

Anyway, just trying to put it in perspective. Two or more people may say or do the same things, but that doesn't mean they are the first to do or say these things!

OnFire - if you think he is making some big profit, you might want to re-think this. By the time you add the costs of the putter, shaft, grip, glue, tape, paint, & disposables, plus Ebay & PayPal fees, he is lucky if he breaks even! GolfSmith sells that putter for $149 completely assembled with no custom paintfill or custom headcover for comparison!

These are really tempting me... The cheaper black ones are as well...

At the prices they are available its hard not to justify the purchase, I just wish my local Golfsmith carried them so I could see them in person first.

That would mean I would need to run by Karsten again and completely my ASU putter headcover collection though

JMO

Do you really think Deerslayer is the first, or only person for that matter, to customize headcovers and paintfill irons? I don't know if Ranger91 got his ideas from this forum or not, but it seems like you are accusing him without any proof one way or the other. I've been doing headcovers and paint filling my personal irons going on 10 years - long before I ever was a member of GWRX or any other forum for that matter!

Deerslayer does some fantastic looking custom work, and I think it's a great gesture that he's so generous with his ideas and DIY tips! That's what makes this forum such a great place to learn and to pass on knowledge to those with similar interests. I actually changed the way I do paintfill because of his tip on using Tamiya paints. I had been using Testors, but found the Tamiya to be a better product for this application!

Anyway, just trying to put it in perspective. Two or more people may say or do the same things, but that doesn't mean they are the first to do or say these things!

OnFire - if you think he is making some big profit, you might want to re-think this. By the time you add the costs of the putter, shaft, grip, glue, tape, paint, & disposables, plus Ebay & PayPal fees, he is lucky if he breaks even! GolfSmith sells that putter for $149 completely assembled with no custom paintfill or custom headcover for comparison!

Maybe. Maybe not. I guess it's not that bad, but whatever. I'm surprised you guys are getting so upset at my comments. Your'e probably fla2002xp from eBay. Go ahead, check him out. He's a true scam (or maybe I'm just jealous, LOL).

Can ya'll take the crying about someone on Ebay to a different thread? You've completely killed a thread that actually had great promise. Go start another thread and call the guy a scam if you want. Just stop talking about it here.

BTW, I really like the clean look of the Snake Eyes Viper Tour SV1 Putter.

Those are clean looking putters. It's a shame there's stigma with using "Snake Eyes" clubs and Golfsmith components. They make a very good product. They need to endorse some pros and get with the program. I know they have the resources to get good tour pros. Maybe they make enough as it is?

What kind of stigma comes with Snake Eyes? Get with the program? You mean like with Wishon, KZG, Alpha, SMT, Nakashima, Maltby and all those other companies that don't have endorsement deals?

If you don't think there's a bit of a stigma, you're livin' in a dream land. I know when I was younger I thought they were cheaper, knock-off type clubs, but since I have sold hundreds of clubs on eBay and used just about any golf product you could think - Honma drivers, Cleveland wedges, (dozens of) Cameron's, and pleanty of Golfsmith stuff - I can attest that Golfsmith makes a product that stacks up to just about any. There is just a bit of a stigma. Of course, that's just my opinion. I might even go all Snake Eyes clubs in the future. I love their hybrids in particular.

Sure some components clubs are knock offs and cheap crap, but what golfsmith does and maltby does is make a quality product. Just because its cheaper doesn't mean its crap.

I havn't had one complaint pertaining to any of the clubs I have built using their stuff and I will continue to use their products as a result. The g40s I have are nice looking players cavities and are just amazing, same with the wedges. The hybrid and 3wd are really what won me over though, the 3wd is a bomb and the hybrid is extremely solid.

This is a nice looking putter. I hope Snake Eyes survives the next few years.

About perception of "no name brands"....The one area I see a slight difference in opinion is in putters... I know people with non Tour sponsor putters like Carbite, Kmart brand, other non popular brands that wont leave the bag cuz they work for the people I know, so why mess with it... but if I tell them about Snake Eyes Drivers, wedges, putters, or golfworks irons, putters, wedges, they roll their eyes at me. DM wedges were a steal at 20 bucks a pop.. sure seems inexpensive, too inexpensive in fact, but the finish was good, the style and headshape were ... well, standard (I cant tell the difference between wedge designs. CER Oil cans are great as well for the price. I like both golfworks and golfsmith, and one day Id like to go to an all component bag.

This is a nice looking putter. I hope Snake Eyes survives the next few years.

Just a little note about the Snake Eyes Tour Platinum Putters' future: Additional models are in development to expand the line. The future of these putters and Snake Eyes looks very strong. If it takes more clubs getting onto the Hot List to get out of the Stigma Zone then so be it. Snake Eyes is up to the calling. As for Tour Players, we would love a tour player but in these times unfortunitly I don't think that fits the budgets. If they came calling then I'm sure the clubs would be there.

• 3 weeks later...

just got my components. building a -03 with a ust frequency filtered shaft and two thumb grip adding 20g plug on the butt end to even out the head weight. loved the unit the orlando golfsmith let me try... and i was there deciding on a scotty.....poor scotty lost a sale, what ever will he do now? lol oh, ecm911sav gets you 20% off over $100.00 purchase at golfsmith until the 22nd.